606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moise Kean - doesn't want to be blue

+7
callmebubbles
Gravy&Chips2
Lumper
Blue gazza
Goodison_Gringo
hairy cataract
Armchair
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Moise Kean - doesn't want to be blue - Page 4 Empty Re: Moise Kean - doesn't want to be blue

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 09 Mar 2023, 1:54 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:good riddence... wanker

Taking to Twitter, Romano revealed that Juventus have green-lighted the move to sign Kean permanently meaning that he won’t be returning to Everton. He wrote:

“Moise Kean, no longer Everton player as Juventus have already triggered the buy option clause for €28m.

Full agreement was already in place last year, Kean can be considered 100% Juve player as @romeoagresti reports.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/other/fabrizio-romano-reveals-everton-loanee-has-quietly-left-and-joined-another-club-already/ar-AA18nlvC?cvid=c347022fa48c4f18a26831fa73bb9504&ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&ei=5

Poor reporting from Fabrizio here, I suspect. There was no buy "option" - according to every other source I've ever read on this deal, it was an obligation. Full agreement has apparently been in place not since last year but since 2021, when Juventus committed to paying the agreed price in 2023.

In addition, I'm far from convinced Juve would have paid this money if they had an option - he's not been a starter, has as many cards as goals, and is generally a bit of an unreliable twat.

Serie A starts this season - 8 out of 25 games (23 really, as he was suspended for one game and injured for one)
Minutes per game on average - 35.
Goals - 5
Cards - 5 (four yellows, and a red card at the weekend within a minute of him coming on, see bideo below.)

His numbers in cup games are pretty similar. He hasn't played a full 90, in league or cup, all season. When he starts a league game he has been subbed (on average) after 62 minutes.

So this is a nice bonus for us really, and a rare case of us getting away with one financially. We got two goals out of him, in 32 league appearances. I reckon we only lost about £3m on what we paid vs what we recouped. And if we hadn't negotiated this obligation to buy with Juve, he'd have probably spent four years on loan at various clubs of ever-decreasing quality (a sort of PSG > Juve > Notts Forest > Olympiakos path) before leaving on a free.

Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14845
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Moise Kean - doesn't want to be blue - Page 4 Empty Re: Moise Kean - doesn't want to be blue

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 09 Mar 2023, 3:54 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Taking to Twitter, Romano revealed that Juventus have green-lighted the move to sign Kean permanently meaning that he won’t be returning to Everton. He wrote:

“Moise Kean, no longer Everton player as Juventus have already triggered the buy option clause for €28m.

Full agreement was already in place last year, Kean can be considered 100% Juve player as @romeoagresti reports.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/other/fabrizio-romano-reveals-everton-loanee-has-quietly-left-and-joined-another-club-already/ar-AA18nlvC?cvid=c347022fa48c4f18a26831fa73bb9504&ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&ei=5

Poor reporting from Fabrizio here, I suspect. There was no buy "option" - according to every other source I've ever read on this deal, it was an obligation. Full agreement has apparently been in place not since last year but since 2021, when Juventus committed to paying the agreed price in 2023.

In addition, I'm far from convinced Juve would have paid this money if they had an option - he's not been a starter, has as many cards as goals, and is generally a bit of an unreliable twat.

Serie A starts this season - 8 out of 25 games (23 really, as he was suspended for one game and injured for one)
Goals - 5
Cards - 5 (four yellows, and a red card at the weekend within a minute of him coming on, see bideo below.)

His numbers in cup games are pretty similar. He hasn't played a full 90, in league or cup, all season. When he starts a league game he has been subbed (on average) after 62 minutes.

So this is a nice bonus for us really, and a rare case of us getting away with one financially. We got two goals out of him, in 32 league appearances. I reckon we only lost about £3m on what we paid vs what we recouped. And if we hadn't negotiated this obligation to buy with Juve, he'd have probably spent four years on loan at various clubs of ever-decreasing quality (a sort of PSG > Juve > Notts Forest > Olympiakos path) before leaving on a free.

Maybe he's a twat, dunno, but looking at that clip from the weekend, I just feel sorry for the lad. He's head must be all over the place. I don't know if he's actually any good. He must have something about him, though I've never seen any evidence of it, but he clearly needs a reset and some proper guidance. Then again, not our problem anymore.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 09 Mar 2023, 4:35 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Goals - 5

Maybe he's a twat, dunno, but looking at that clip from the weekend, I just feel sorry for the lad. He's head must be all over the place. I don't know if he's actually any good. He must have something about him, though I've never seen any evidence of it, but he clearly needs a reset and some proper guidance. Then again, not our problem anymore.

Yeah. In fairness to the fella he's spent the last few seasons - years in his career, early 20's, when he should be settling down and learning how to be a professional - pinging between three of Europe's basket-case clubs, Juve, PSG and us. Maybe he needed a couple of seasons at Brighton, or Benfica, somewhere where they know how to look after players and develop them emotionally as well as physically.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 09 Mar 2023, 5:00 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Goals - 5

Yeah. In fairness to the fella he's spent the last few seasons - years in his career, early 20's, when he should be settling down and learning how to be a professional - pinging between three of Europe's basket-case clubs, Juve, PSG and us. Maybe he needed a couple of seasons at Brighton, or Benfica, somewhere where they know how to look after players and develop them emotionally as well as physically.

I recall the press conference when he signed and Brands telling his mum that 'we'd look after her boy'... oops.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 09 Mar 2023, 7:14 pm

I take no pleasure in yet another promising young player leave the club without making an impact. Do other clubs have such a high failure rate? Moise Kean - doesn't want to be blue - Page 4 Confused
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 09 Mar 2023, 11:14 pm

Armchair wrote:I take no pleasure in yet another promising young player leave the club without making an impact. Do other clubs have such a high failure rate? Moise Kean - doesn't want to be blue - Page 4 Confused

Yeah I'd love to see some stats on this, our record isn't great really.

Is it so different to the real world? I've managed a good few youngsters in my time, straight out of Uni or 6th form or some kind of apprentice course, often taking on their first corporate job or their first job full-stop. I'm always conscious that I'm not only teaching them how to do a job, but also how to be a professional and how to survive in a very different world to what they're used to. I remember being a spotty and obnoxious 16-year-old in an ill-fitting suit joining the corporate ranks myself. I had some rough edges, let's put it that way. Luckily my first couple of managers were absolute gems who taught me how to behave in that environment. Some of their methods and standards, I recall to this day, and have put them to use in my own managerial roles.

And if I may say so, once or twice I've had these youngsters thank me in public, usually while pissed at a works do or tearful on their leaving day, for helping to straighten out their own rough edges and setting them on track, and for keeping faith with them when I had a dozen opportunities to get rid before they'd grown up. So that's nice, it's rewarding, because I felt exactly the same way about my early mentors. And also I remember how much of a twat I was at that age (yeah yeah, I'm still a twat, but I'm now mature with it, unlike your mum.)

So imagine being a 19-year-old footballer who might also be a bit rough and ready and immature, in need of similar guidance and stability, only to find that his parent club is chopping and changing managers every 9 months or so. Add to that, you're sent out on loan regularly, sometimes abroad, with a language barrier to deal with. And you're being paid a small fortune and everyone wants to be your mate and you have a world of temptation laid out before you. And all this while in the public glare. I didn't have any fat, boozed up knobheads in ill-fitting Hafnia tops shouting "you're not fit to reconcile the transport expense accounts" at me when I was 19. It's no great surprise to me that certain youngsters don't cope with that chain of events.

As I said earlier, I wonder if a couple of solid seasons at a sensible club in those formative years might have straightened him out. We'll never know, and I'm sure in several years time I'll be looking at Euro scores and spot his name and think to myself "ah, Moise Kean, forgot all about him. So he's at Fenerbahce now..."
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4