606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Spuds

+5
Yankthattoffee
SEFTON
Da Judge
callmebubbles
Armchair
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Everton v Spuds  - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton v Spuds

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 7 Nov - 17:32

SEFTON wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:....and once you've booked Son for diving, the chances of him committing another foul diminishes, and the Gomes incident doesn't happen.
As for overturning the red card, it's Son's reaction that has influenced that.
The "professional" "cynical" foul or "taking one for the team", has has always had a degree of recklessness, and it's surprising that other Gomes incidents haven't happened more often. The red card should have been a lesson and warning to other players.

I can see the FA throwing out VAR, before end of season, sighting it as unreliable.
Pandora's box.
They'll stick with it, and have hopefully, better usage.
Learn from Rugby Union.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 7 Nov - 22:14

Yankthattoffee wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:....and once you've booked Son for diving, the chances of him committing another foul diminishes, and the Gomes incident doesn't happen.
The "professional" "cynical" foul or "taking one for the team", has has always had a degree of recklessness, and it's surprising that other Gomes incidents haven't happened more often. The red card should have been a lesson and warning to other players.

I can see the FA throwing out VAR, before end of season, sighting it as unreliable.
Pandora's box.
Learn from Rugby Union.

They definitely won't throw it out. It's used in something like 30 different countries already. It's here to stay, the FA just need to simplify their process.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4515
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 8 Nov - 18:33

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

Pandora's box.
Learn from Rugby Union.

They definitely won't throw it out. It's used in something like 30 different countries already. It's here to stay, the FA just need to simplify their process.

The fans hate it.  The pundits hate it.  I should imagine the refs hate it. It has to change.  The fans were really not happy on Saturday - the chanting of "Fuck VAR" came from all around the ground.  And during the interminable wait for the decision on the hand ball, nobody was arsed about whether it was a pen or not, cos nobody had seen anything and the screens weren't showing us anything; all the shouting was for the ref to get the fuck on with it.  By the end, the ref was getting all manner of abuse and most of that was because he had handed over control to VAR.

So, in the final reckoning, it might not be the fans who have the last word but the refs.  There has to be a major change in the way VAR is run.  Personally, I absolutely hate it.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 8 Nov - 21:36

hairy cataract wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

Pandora's box.
Learn from Rugby Union.

The fans hate it.  The pundits hate it.  I should imagine the refs hate it. It has to change.  The fans were really not happy on Saturday - the chanting of "Fuck VAR" came from all around the ground.  And during the interminable wait for the decision on the hand ball, nobody was arsed about whether it was a pen or not, cos nobody had seen anything and the screens weren't showing us anything; all the shouting was for the ref to get the fuck on with it.  By the end, the ref was getting all manner of abuse and most of that was because he had handed over control to VAR.

So, in the final reckoning, it might not be the fans who have the last word but the refs.  There has to be a major change in the way VAR is run.  Personally, I absolutely hate it.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's shite, but there's been too much invested for them to sack it off now. I really sympathise for the fans in the ground, it must ruin the game for them. Being so far away, I obviously can't get to the games anymore, but even watching on TV the experience is being spoilt. The last few times we've scored, instead of jumping across the room and scaring the shit out of my kids, I've checked myself and waited to see if there is a VAR intervention first. That knee-jerk release of joy is gone after that.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4515
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2