606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Man C

+13
Da Judge
SEFTON
Made 4 Gwladys
RhinoJagz
Goodison_Gringo
Gravy & Chips
Yankthattoffee
SouthernSmugToffee
Armchair
Lumper
Blue gazza
hairy cataract
Barry Horne's Equaliser
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Everton v Man C - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton v Man C

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 16 Jan 2017, 3:51 pm

sefton wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:Everyone had a good game and there were a lot of plaudits for Tom Davies, quite rightly so, but as well as him and Barkley, I though Mirrallas was outstanding. Full of energy and intelligent running. I always feel he's a player who needs the confidence of the manager. Hopefully we can get a sustained spell like this out of him.

Like, I said, everyone was good but I'd also give a big mention to Baines, Barry, Lukaku and Holgate.

Don't forget Robles running the length pitch to celebrate Alookman's goal .pure brilliance. cheers cheers cheers

What I like about Robles is how big he makes himself charging down shots, especially from Silva in first half. Bravo however is hopeless in this aspect and looks really small in goal. Time and time again I've seen goals scored against him this season like Mirallas' where he is caught out with shots going across him into bottom corner. He doesn't make the goal look big at all. I get you don't have to be a 7ft keeper to be good but he just doesn't command his goal with any authority.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 16 Jan 2017, 4:47 pm

KoelJagz wrote:
sefton wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:Everyone had a good game and there were a lot of plaudits for Tom Davies, quite rightly so, but as well as him and Barkley, I though Mirrallas was outstanding. Full of energy and intelligent running. I always feel he's a player who needs the confidence of the manager. Hopefully we can get a sustained spell like this out of him.

Like, I said, everyone was good but I'd also give a big mention to Baines, Barry, Lukaku and Holgate.

Don't forget Robles running the length pitch to celebrate Alookman's goal .pure brilliance. cheers cheers cheers

What I like about Robles is how big he makes himself charging down shots, especially from Silva in first half. Bravo however is hopeless in this aspect and looks really small in goal. Time and time again I've seen goals scored against him this season like Mirallas' where he is caught out with shots going across him into bottom corner. He doesn't make the goal look big at all. I get you don't have to be a 7ft keeper to be good but he just doesn't command his goal with any authority.
I like Robles.. he makes some good saves & as you say is a real presence... I think he's better than Stek and really has been treated a bit unfairly... he should be our no1 with what we currently have.

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 16 Jan 2017, 5:30 pm

ok here's my take on the match.

Our defence was awful.  

Sterling should have had a hattrick in the first half, but because he is shit he missed two (one right at Robles and one just wide - although Robles might have had that one covered?) and dived for one (which could have been a penalty if the ref had seen it differently).  If he was a decent finisher he would have scored all of them.

Villa was initially tracked back by Barkley, but Barkley then decided to move towards the ball and leave Villa to ghost in behind the defence who were looking the other way.  Luckily Robles was out quickly and closed him down after he controlled it, could have been a really embarrassing goal for us, and would normally have been so we got out of jail on that one also.  

And that was all before we'd scored.  It could have been a very different game.

Even after we scored Aguero should have got one back after he got away with pulling Mori down, he was free inside the box and the pass was inches too far away from him.

On another day, or even against a less arrogant team, we could have been 4 or 5 goals down in the first half.

Also all our goals were down to a combination of poor defending and a seriously dodgy keeper.  I'm not sure what it was, whether Bravo doesn't instil confidence into the back four or whether he really is just a crap shot stopper, but he was awful - four shots on target and four goals, he didn't stop one shot.  

Admittedly their defence and midfield was equally as bad for letting us get that close so easily.

Also their failure to be able to score, despite their many chances probably gave us confidence to go out and try to get a few more in the second half.

Having said that..... the pass from Tom Davies for the first goal was perfect, as was Mirallas's diagonal run, and his dink back to Lukaku, who was unmarked and finished brilliantly past a second division keeper.  Stones had been left way out of position by offering himself for the pass as they were playing it out, but they still should have covered both Mirallas and Lukaku better.

Our second goal was lovely, lots of sharp passing and movement going foward, but again Mirallas was left with far too much space in front of goal, its like the the City defence is expecting Stones to cover everything (even though Stones cut out the first pass to Mirallas and was on the floor, he still got up, got back and almost blocked Mirallas shot while the others were looking on).  Keeper should have saved it, but great ball from Ross to set him up.

Davies's goal was a thing of beauty, from picking it up by his own penalty area to jinking it through the two City players with his outside foot, to the finish, absolutely loved it (I think Lukaku was just shielding it from any defenders rather than trying to poach it).  But again, Davies was left completely unmarked after Stones knocked him down, no-one picked him up and he allowed to ghost in similarly to Villa in the first half against us, but Davies showed City how to finish properly. Another great choice by Ross to pick him out rather than try for Lukaku who was marked.

The last goal was just joyous, felt great for the lad, first game on and he scores.  I don't think it was a defensive error by Stones, it was just a deflection off Coleman that could have gone anywhere, and it fell straight to Lookman's feet, who was completely unmarked, reacted faster and he finished brilliantly through Bravo's legs.  The only bad mark against him was falling over after a perfect 20 yard knee slide.

So overall I enjoyed the game, but I'm not getting too carried away with it.  The most positive points for me were Davies and Lookman, both look to work hard and they have vision, let's hope they keep it up.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 16 Jan 2017, 5:55 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:ok here's my take on the match.

Our defence was awful.  

Sterling should have had a hattrick in the first half, but because he is shit he missed two (one right at Robles and one just wide - although Robles might have had it covered?) and dived for one (which could have been a penalty if the ref had seen it differently).  

Villa was initially tracked back by Barkley, but Barkley then decided to move towards the ball and leave Villa to ghost in behind the defence who were looking the other way.  Luckily Robles was out quickly and closed him down after he controlled it, could have been a really embarrassing goal for us, and would normally have been so we got out of jail on that one also.

Even after we scored Aguero should have got one back after he got away with pulling Mori down, he was free inside the box and the pass was inches too far away from him.

On another day, or even against a less arrogant team, we could have been 4 or 5 goals down in the first half.

Also all our goals we down to a combination of poor defending and a seriously dodgy keeper.  I'm not sure what it was, whether Bravo doesn't instil confidence into the back four or whether he really is just a crap shot stopper, but he was awful - four shots on target and four goals, he didn't stop one shot.  

Admittedly their defence and midfield was equally as bad for letting us get that close so easily.

Also their failure to be able to score, despite their many chances probably gave us confidence to go out and try to get a few more in the second half.

Having said that..... the pass from Tom Davies was perfect, as was Mirallas's diagonal run, and his dink back to Lukaku, who was unmarked and finished brilliantly past a second division keeper.  Stones had been left way out of position by offering himself for the pass as they were playing it out, but they still should have covered both Mirallas and Lukaku better.

Out second goal was lovely, lots of sharp passing and movement going foward, but again Mirallas was left with far too much space in front of goal, its like the the City defence is expecting Stones to cover everything (even though Stones cut out the first pass to Mirallas and was on the floor, he still got up, got back and almost blocked Mirallas shot while the others were looking on).  Keeper should have saved it, but great ball from Ross to set him up.

Davies's goal was a thing of beauty, from picking it up by his own penalty area to jinking it through the two City players with his outside foot, to the finish, absolutely loved it (I think Lukaku was just shielding it from any defenders rather than trying to poach it).  But again, Davies was left completely unmarked after Stones knocked him down, no-one picked him up and he allowed to ghost in similarly to Villa in the first half against us, but Davies showed City how to finish properly.

The last goal was just joyous, felt great for the lad, first game on and he scores.  I don't think it was a defensive error by Stones, it was just a deflection off Coleman that could have gone anywhere, and it fell straight to Lookman's feet, who was completely unmarked, reacted faster and he finished brilliantly through Bravo's legs.  The only bad mark against him was falling over after a perfect 20 yard knee slide.

So overall I enjoyed the game, but I'm not getting too carried away with it.  The most positive points for me were Davies and Lookman, both look to work hard and they have vision, let's hope they keep it up.

Sorry Jugs, I have to take you to task , firstly Sterling was never gonna score a hattrick , never in a month of Sundays, Secondly your report of Yesterdays game is based on a lot of IFS, the fact Is City have been very poor defensively best part the season ,yet, It was tactics and clinical finishing that won the game. goals win matches not possession.

Try have a bit of belief In what koeman Is trying to do, some times Its not money that breathes success. the answer is never far away, ie youth players.
Germany have done this for years.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 16 Jan 2017, 6:11 pm

sefton wrote:

Our defence was awful.

Sterling should have had a hattrick in the first half, but because he is shit he missed two (one right at Robles and one just wide - although Robles might have had that one covered?) and dived for one (which could have been a penalty if the ref had seen it differently). If he was a decent finisher he would have scored all of them.

Villa was initially tracked back by Barkley, but Barkley then decided to move towards the ball and leave Villa to ghost in behind the defence who were looking the other way. Luckily Robles was out quickly and closed him down after he controlled it, could have been a really embarrassing goal for us, and would normally have been so we got out of jail on that one also.

And that was all before we'd scored. It could have been a very different game.

Also all our goals were down to a combination of poor defending and a seriously dodgy keeper. I'm not sure what it was, whether Bravo doesn't instil confidence into the back four or whether he really is just a crap shot stopper, but he was awful - four shots on target and four goals, he didn't stop one shot.

Having said that..... the pass from Tom Davies for the first goal was perfect, as was Mirallas's diagonal run, and his dink back to Lukaku, who was unmarked and finished brilliantly past a second division keeper. Stones had been left way out of position by offering himself for the pass as they were playing it out, but they still should have covered both Mirallas and Lukaku better.

Our second goal was lovely, lots of sharp passing and movement going foward, but again Mirallas was left with far too much space in front of goal, its like the the City defence is expecting Stones to cover everything (even though Stones cut out the first pass to Mirallas and was on the floor, he still got up, got back and almost blocked Mirallas shot while the others were looking on). Keeper should have saved it, but great ball from Ross to set him up.

Davies's goal was a thing of beauty, from picking it up by his own penalty area to jinking it through the two City players with his outside foot, to the finish, absolutely loved it (I think Lukaku was just shielding it from any defenders rather than trying to poach it). But again, Davies was left completely unmarked after Stones knocked him down, no-one picked him up and he allowed to ghost in similarly to Villa in the first half against us, but Davies showed City how to finish properly. Another great choice by Ross to pick him out rather than try for Lukaku who was marked.

The last goal was just joyous, felt great for the lad, first game on and he scores. I don't think it was a defensive error by Stones, it was just a deflection off Coleman that could have gone anywhere, and it fell straight to Lookman's feet, who was completely unmarked, reacted faster and he finished brilliantly through Bravo's legs. The only bad mark against him was falling over after a perfect 20 yard knee slide.

So overall I enjoyed the game, but I'm not getting too carried away with it. The most positive points for me were Davies and Lookman, both look to work hard and they have vision, let's hope they keep it up.

Sorry Jugs, I have to take you to task , firstly Sterling was never gonna score a hattrick , never in a month of Sundays, Secondly your report of Yesterdays game is based on a lot of IFS, the fact Is City have been very poor defensively best part the season ,yet, It was tactics and clinical finishing that won the game. goals win matches not possession.

Try have a bit of belief In what koeman Is trying to do, some times Its not money that breathes success. the answer is never far away, ie youth players.

Sef, my point was our defence is awful. yes Sterling is a shit goalscorer, but any other striker would have put at least one of those chances in. It wasn't just our goals and tactics that won us that game, it was also shit finishing by City and shit defending by City. Let's see how we do against Palace who are having a mare of a season, even West Ham beat them, so by rights we should "hammer" them too!
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 16 Jan 2017, 8:20 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
sefton wrote:

Our defence was awful.  

Sterling should have had a hattrick in the first half, but because he is shit he missed two (one right at Robles and one just wide - although Robles might have had that one covered?) and dived for one (which could have been a penalty if the ref had seen it differently).  If he was a decent finisher he would have scored all of them.

Also all our goals were down to a combination of poor defending and a seriously dodgy keeper.  I'm not sure what it was, whether Bravo doesn't instil confidence into the back four or whether he really is just a crap shot stopper, but he was awful - four shots on target and four goals, he didn't stop one shot.  

Having said that..... the pass from Tom Davies for the first goal was perfect, as was Mirallas's diagonal run, and his dink back to Lukaku, who was unmarked and finished brilliantly past a second division keeper.  Stones had been left way out of position by offering himself for the pass as they were playing it out, but they still should have covered both Mirallas and Lukaku better.

Our second goal was lovely, lots of sharp passing and movement going foward, but again Mirallas was left with far too much space in front of goal, its like the the City defence is expecting Stones to cover everything (even though Stones cut out the first pass to Mirallas and was on the floor, he still got up, got back and almost blocked Mirallas shot while the others were looking on).  Keeper should have saved it, but great ball from Ross to set him up.

Davies's goal was a thing of beauty, from picking it up by his own penalty area to jinking it through the two City players with his outside foot, to the finish, absolutely loved it (I think Lukaku was just shielding it from any defenders rather than trying to poach it).  But again, Davies was left completely unmarked after Stones knocked him down, no-one picked him up and he allowed to ghost in similarly to Villa in the first half against us, but Davies showed City how to finish properly. Another great choice by Ross to pick him out rather than try for Lukaku who was marked.

Sef, my point was our defence is awful.  yes Sterling is a shit goalscorer, but any other striker would have put at least one of those chances in.  It wasn't just our goals and tactics that won us that game, it was also shit finishing by City and shit defending by City.  Let's see how we do against Palace who are having a mare of a season, even West Ham beat them, so by rights we should "hammer" them too!

I pretty much agree with your assessment Jay - although I do think that against Citteh yesterday our luck started to change. Against Leicester and particularly against the Shoite, passes were perhaps inches away from being brilliant and deflections just did not work for us (poor rub of the green you could say). Stones made one poor error yesterday (his miscued clearance in the second half) Apart from that he was doing the defending for five.

Toure could not get back... Silva and De Bruyne and Sterling do not track back and that leaves a huge load for the defence to manage and if they are poor then the decent defender is going to be incredibly bruised and abused by it... because he has the talent and the price tag in bright lights....

I have no problem with players getting whatever they can because clubs will pay what they think he is worth. We got a great deal for Stones... and we should be thankful, I was greatly disappointed by our fans boo treatment on Sunday. Sterling was an absolute shit as was Otamendi... they deserved some opprobrium John S did not. Had he gone to Chelsea perhaps booing was due... but he put in his demand (as he is entitled to) and told to stay which he did - he then generally performed competently for the rest of the season. We parted on decent terms and we did get top dollar that has facilitated our transfer moves. Why boo?

Incidentally looking at Tom's goal, I did notice that Rom tripped a defender in the 6 yard box to interfere and prevent a defender getting to the goal-line... and you're right Jay - Rom was guarding to ensure that the ball was going in....

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9785
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 16 Jan 2017, 8:42 pm

Our defence was awful.  

Davies's goal was a thing of beauty, from picking it up by his own penalty area to jinking it through the two City players with his outside foot, to the finish, absolutely loved it (I think Lukaku was just shielding it from any defenders rather than trying to poach it).  But again, Davies was left completely unmarked after Stones knocked him down, no-one picked him up and he allowed to ghost in similarly to Villa in the first half against us, but Davies showed City how to finish properly.  Another great choice by Ross to pick him out rather than try for Lukaku who was marked.

It wasn't perfect but let's enjoy it.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 16 Jan 2017, 8:50 pm

Statman wrote:

Our defence was awful.  

Davies's goal was a thing of beauty, from picking it up by his own penalty area to jinking it through the two City players with his outside foot, to the finish, absolutely loved it (I think Lukaku was just shielding it from any defenders rather than trying to poach it).  But again, Davies was left completely unmarked after Stones knocked him down, no-one picked him up and he allowed to ghost in similarly to Villa in the first half against us, but Davies showed City how to finish properly.  Another great choice by Ross to pick him out rather than try for Lukaku who was marked.

I did Everton v Man C - Page 3 F_laugh cheers
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Tue 17 Jan 2017, 6:53 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Statman wrote:

Our defence was awful.  

Me too
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Tue 17 Jan 2017, 5:11 pm

The President wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Statman wrote:

Our defence was awful.  

Me too

I'm still enjoying it today. I park next to a City fan.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3