606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FARHAD MOSHIRI (and Board members) --- We're RICH RICH !!!

+7
Made 4 Gwladys
Yankthattoffee
The President
Mr_Ben
Blue gazza
Goodison_Gringo
hairy cataract
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FARHAD MOSHIRI (and Board members) --- We're RICH RICH !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: FARHAD MOSHIRI (and Board members) --- We're RICH RICH !!!

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 25 Jan 2023, 12:03 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I keep reading articles - there's another one in the Independent today - telling us what's gone wrong at Everton, and all of them say it was folly to expect to be able to spend Moshiri's dough to break into the top 6.  But then I look at the Barcodes.  This time last season, rock bottom, even more fucked than us, and now they're in the CL spots and have all but booked an appearance at Wembley in a cup final.

Weird.  I mean, who the fuck has got it right at Newcastle?  The murderers who took over?  That fuckwit Amanda Staveley who is all about the money - money for her, that is?  Eddie Howe?  When did he suddenly became Pep?  But somehow they seem to be succeeding where we failed.  Why?
With Newcastle it looks like everyone trusts everybody else.
The fans were almost as bad under Bruce as we were under Benitez, so Howe was a saviour for them.
The fans suddenly put there snide banners away, and Howe did something special with Joelinton and Almiron.
I don't know if Newcastle's board have been vocal about anything, so it just comes down to how well the tam are playing.
If we were 6th nobody would be saying anything about the board.
A results game for sure.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

FARHAD MOSHIRI (and Board members) --- We're RICH RICH !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: FARHAD MOSHIRI (and Board members) --- We're RICH RICH !!!

Post  Da Judge Wed 25 Jan 2023, 1:01 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I keep reading articles - there's another one in the Independent today - telling us what's gone wrong at Everton, and all of them say it was folly to expect to be able to spend Moshiri's dough to break into the top 6.  But then I look at the Barcodes.  This time last season, rock bottom, even more fucked than us, and now they're in the CL spots and have all but booked an appearance at Wembley in a cup final.

Weird.  I mean, who the fuck has got it right at Newcastle?  The murderers who took over?  That fuckwit Amanda Staveley who is all about the money - money for her, that is?  Eddie Howe?  When did he suddenly became Pep?  But somehow they seem to be succeeding where we failed.  Why?
The fans were almost as bad under Bruce as we were under Benitez, so Howe was a saviour for them.
The fans suddenly put there snide banners away, and Howe did something special with Joelinton and Almiron.
I don't know if Newcastle's board have been vocal about anything, so it just comes down to how well the tam are playing.
A results game  for sure.

Moshiri wealth $1.9Bn ($1,900,000,000)
Saudi Wealth Fund (the guys who bought NUFC) $621.9Bn. $621,900,000,000

I would offer the above as the answer or at least as the root cause. When you have that and a coach as decent as Eddie is you get some sort of time. Eddie will be on a path of Europa League qualification (regularly) and about 2-3 years to do it. That would be morphing into regular CL participation in the next 3-5 years with a title and cuts in the same timeframe.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 25 Jan 2023, 1:48 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I would offer the above as the answer or at least as the root cause. When you have that and a coach as decent as Eddie is you get some sort of time. Eddie will be on a path of Europa League qualification (regularly) and about 2-3 years to do it. That would be morphing into regular CL participation in the next 3-5 years with a title and cuts in the same timeframe.

Yes, but so far they've spent less than half what we wasted under Moshiri, and have seen immediate results. In fact, they've only really tweaked their starting XI.

I'm still expecting them to start slipping away this season, and finish around 6th, but right now they're formidable under a fairly unfashionable manager, with a team in part assembled by previous incumbents.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25881
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 25 Jan 2023, 1:56 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Yes, but so far they've spent less than half what we wasted under Moshiri, and have seen immediate results.  In fact, they've only really tweaked their starting XI.

I'm still expecting them to start slipping away this season, and finish around 6th, but right now they're formidable under a fairly unfashionable manager, with a team in part assembled by previous incumbents.

It's all about Eddie Howe, and their board showing restraint in both spending and decision-making. Easiest thing the Barcodes could have done when they got their money was to get rid of their low profile manager and go for a mad German or some other WWE-level manager. They might yet do that, but they haven't so far. So Howe was their continuity, and he's clearly good, and it's brought instant rewards for them.

We didn't do that. We sacked Bobby three months after Farhad arrived. I'm not querying that decision, but we didn't benefit from that continuity, and didn't do what Newcastle did which was to hold back a little, and be precise with our spending. Instead we spunked our money up the wall. And we never gave ourselves the chance to create any stability due to the series of bad managerial appointments and/or frequent sacking of managers who hadn't been there long.

Honestly, they'll be studying this for decades on Sports Management courses. How not to run a football club. It's an absolute blueprint for failure.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Wed 25 Jan 2023, 2:27 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Yes, but so far they've spent less than half what we wasted under Moshiri, and have seen immediate results.  In fact, they've only really tweaked their starting XI.

It's all about Eddie Howe, and their board showing restraint in both spending and decision-making. Easiest thing the Barcodes could have done when they got their money was to get rid of their low profile manager and go for a mad German or some other WWE-level manager. They might yet do that, but they haven't so far. So Howe was their continuity, and he's clearly good, and it's brought instant rewards for them.

We didn't do that. We sacked Bobby three months after Farhad arrived. I'm not querying that decision, but we didn't benefit from that continuity, and didn't do what Newcastle did which was to hold back a little, and be precise with our spending. Instead we spunked our money up the wall. And we never gave ourselves the chance to create any stability due to the series of bad managerial appointments and/or frequent sacking of managers who hadn't been there long.

Honestly, they'll be studying this for decades on Sports Management courses. How not to run a football club. It's an absolute blueprint for failure.

We have behaved like Chelsea (and they were winning titles) without the resources...

I would bring Brands back if we can - and for a risk get a coach who loves the Club. I would ensure that everyone knows Brands is looking after ALL the playing side (Male and Female) . Mosh/BK/DBB their job is to smooch the high ups and get the money in - maximise the use of the stadium facilities.. put the odd show on etc...

If we were to do it properly .... Brands with Baines as the Coach. Brands does all the media - espousing the plan - Baines or someone of his ilk just coaches on that basis would I be brave enough to give it to Dunc ... given that we go down well we do ... but we have faith with the manager. I think it's time the players recognised that in the future they are the more disposable asset. We get a football minded DoF - who correctly frames the path - he recruits the coach he best thinks capable and we start getting the players to follow th chain of command. Bend or Ship out

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 25 Jan 2023, 3:15 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

We have behaved like Chelsea (and they were winning titles) without the resources...

I would bring Brands back if we can - and for a risk get a coach who loves the Club. I would ensure that everyone knows Brands is looking after ALL the playing side (Male and Female) . Mosh/BK/DBB their job is to smooch the high ups and get the money in - maximise the use of the stadium facilities.. put the odd show on etc...

If we were to do it properly .... Brands with Baines as the Coach. Brands does all the media - espousing the plan - Baines or someone of his ilk just coaches on that basis would I be brave enough to give it to Dunc ... given that we go down well we do ... but we have faith with the manager. I think it's time the players recognised that in the future they are the more disposable asset. We get a football minded DoF - who correctly frames the path - he recruits the coach he best thinks capable and we start getting the players to follow th chain of command. Bend or Ship out

Yes. This should have been the model two years ago, five years ago.

Honestly, I'm no longer that concerned about whether we go down. It's bigger than that. As others have said recently, as soon as we think we've hit rock bottom, another trap door opens. We are an utter shambles from top to bottom and the focus now needs to be on a medium to long-term plan for a complete restructuring of everything we do, irrespective of relegation. Newcastle were in the Championship as recently as 2017, Villa 2019. Brighton were homeless a little over a decade ago.

The board needs to show some humility and the fans have to show (yet more) patience. But if we can see a plan in place then we'll get behind it. No shame in nicking ideas from other clubs. We don't need to be original, we just need something that works.

We take our medicine, deal with the short-term humiliation, and come back stronger and more stable with an actual plan and identity. That has to be the way we go, and if that means relegation, as a way of avoiding yet more short-term sticking plaster fixes then so be it.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 25 Jan 2023, 4:47 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Yes. This should have been the model two years ago, five years ago.

Honestly, I'm no longer that concerned about whether we go down. It's bigger than that. As others have said recently, as soon as we think we've hit rock bottom, another trap door opens. We are an utter shambles from top to bottom and the focus now needs to be on a medium to long-term plan for a complete restructuring of everything we do, irrespective of relegation. Newcastle were in the Championship as recently as 2017, Villa 2019. Brighton were homeless a little over a decade ago.

The board needs to show some humility and the fans have to show (yet more) patience. But if we can see a plan in place then we'll get behind it. No shame in nicking ideas from other clubs. We don't need to be original, we just need something that works.

We take our medicine, deal with the short-term humiliation, and come back stronger and more stable with an actual plan and identity. That has to be the way we go, and if that means relegation, as a way of avoiding yet more short-term sticking plaster fixes then so be it.
I don't disagree & I think we are able to do most of this.

I'll swim against the tide though & say that I think we can & will stay in the premier league ... who we appoint will be key though and I'd fuck Bielsa right off if he wants the reported 1 million a month for him and his rent boy translator ... it won't be popular among many but Sam is the man... he will play hoofball etc but he will keep us up... and as he said last time he was here, that's why we wanted him... we kneejerk fired him last time & he was not given the chance to bring his own players in & change the philosophy from hoof to something more pleasing...

Just saying that I for one... think that with the right appointment, regardless of how it may look.... we are capable of staying up

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 25 Jan 2023, 5:03 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

I'll swim against the tide though & say that I think we can & will stay in the premier league ... who we appoint will be key though and I'd fuck Bielsa right off if he wants the reported 1 million a month for him and his rent boy translator ... it won't be popular among many but Sam is the man... he will play hoofball etc but he will keep us up... and as he said last time he was here, that's why we wanted him... we kneejerk fired him last time & he was not given the chance to bring his own players in & change the philosophy from hoof to something more pleasing...

Just saying that I for one... think that with the right appointment, regardless of how it may look.... we are capable of staying up

Allardyce's last managerial spell, well, broke his spell. He took over at West Brom in December of that season when they were 19th, and couldn't keep them up.

I can't remember enough about that West Brom team to know if it was better or worse than our current group of players.

I could see Allardyce having a good stab at keeping us up, yeah. Partly because we do have enough decent defenders for him to whip us into something that's difficult (or a bit more difficult) to beat. And maybe a bit of directness further forward is what we need given our lack of creativity and technique.

But, it's yet another short-term fix. It would be divisive for a fan base that's already fuming. We're never going to give Allardyce a five year contract and I don't really want us to - as I said above, Newcastle were in the Championship 6 years ago and now they're heading for the CL.

I know the club will go down the short-term route though, just to stay in the PL, breathe easily for the summer until it all comes around again. And there's no guarantee he'll even keep us up. This is where I'm torn - do we just plan for relegation with a longer-term plan and hope we stay up anyway, but knowing we have that plan in place if we go down? Or, short-term thinking, be it Allardyce or someone else, and go for yet another sticking plaster fix? I'm resigned to relegation but remain horrified at the prospect.

Basically, would you like pickle or mustard on your shit sandwich, sir?
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 25 Jan 2023, 5:21 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Allardyce's last managerial spell, well, broke his spell. He took over at West Brom in December of that season when they were 19th, and couldn't keep them up.

I can't remember enough about that West Brom team to know if it was better or worse than our current group of players.

I could see Allardyce having a good stab at keeping us up, yeah. Partly because we do have enough decent defenders for him to whip us into something that's difficult (or a bit more difficult) to beat. And maybe a bit of directness further forward is what we need given our lack of creativity and technique.

But, it's yet another short-term fix. It would be divisive for a fan base that's already fuming. We're never going to give Allardyce a five year contract and I don't really want us to - as I said above, Newcastle were in the Championship 6 years ago and now they're heading for the CL.

I know the club will go down the short-term route though, just to stay in the PL, breathe easily for the summer until it all comes around again. And there's no guarantee he'll even keep us up. This is where I'm torn - do we just plan for relegation with a longer-term plan and hope we stay up anyway, but knowing we have that plan in place if we go down? Or, short-term thinking, be it Allardyce or someone else, and go for yet another sticking plaster fix? I'm resigned to relegation but remain horrified at the prospect.

Doesn't Dyche fit the bill? Similar football/tactics to Sam but less divisive, and capable equally of keeping us in the PL or getting us back up again next season.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 25 Jan 2023, 5:30 pm

Armchair wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Doesn't Dyche fit the bill? Similar football/tactics to Sam but less divisive, and capable equally of keeping us in the PL or getting us back up again next season.

Yep. Maybe. I'd take Dyche over Allardyce personally.

For me, Allardyce is as much a media personality as a manager these days. Similar to Redknapp in his last few years, he's become a bit of a cliché. Almost like he wants one last gig just to embellish his after-dinner speaking routine, add a few yarns so that fat business types can laugh at our misfortune at places like Celtic Manor in the coming years. I'm not sure whether he'd give that much of a shit whether we went down or not. Whereas Dyche, nearly 20 years younger, still has a career to salvage.

On that basis alone (and acknowledging that I don't know either of them personally, so I may be way off the mark) that's why I'd take Dyche over Fat Sam.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 25 Jan 2023, 5:39 pm

Anyway, I'm still on the Bielsa bus. That appointment would energise and unite the fanbase immediately and that's worth something.

Also, today's been a good day. As I log off from work, so far today we've not done or said anything excruciatingly embarrassing. The day is still young, but that's progress nonetheless, after yesterday.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 25 Jan 2023, 5:40 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

For me, Allardyce is as much a media personality as a manager these days. Similar to Redknapp in his last few years, he's become a bit of a cliché. Almost like he wants one last gig just to embellish his after-dinner speaking routine, add a few yarns so that fat business types can laugh at our misfortune at places like Celtic Manor in the coming years. I'm not sure whether he'd give that much of a shit whether we went down or not. Whereas Dyche, nearly 20 years younger, still has a career to salvage.

On that basis alone (and acknowledging that I don't know either of them personally, so I may be way off the mark) that's why I'd take Dyche over Fat Sam.

Allardyce would be a ridiculous appointment on the basis that there is no way we will get enough points to stay up without the backing of our fans. They were probably 75% responsible for us staying up last season and we all know what the reaction would be should he come back.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 25 Jan 2023, 6:07 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Allardyce would be a ridiculous appointment on the basis that there is no way we will get enough points to stay up without the backing of our fans. They were probably 75% responsible for us staying up last season and we all know what the reaction would be should he come back.
hmmm maybe Dyche is the sensible choice then... Bielsa is a twat & thinks he's worth 1 mill a month  Laughing He didn't do an awful lot at Leeds in the prem did he, they are still & were then... shite

If we are resigned top relegation we are really fucked... it's half way through the fucking season & there are lots of shit teams in the mix to drop

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 15 Sep 2023, 10:54 am

going.... going........

gone (subject to approval FARHAD MOSHIRI (and Board members) --- We're RICH RICH !!! - Page 2 F_laugh )

FARHAD MOSHIRI (and Board members) --- We're RICH RICH !!! - Page 2 F_doh what have we done !

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 15 Sep 2023, 12:41 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:going.... going........

gone (subject to approval FARHAD MOSHIRI (and Board members) --- We're RICH RICH !!! - Page 2 F_laugh )

FARHAD MOSHIRI (and Board members) --- We're RICH RICH !!! - Page 2 F_doh what have we done !

777 hey?
Sounds like Hold Your Plums is back on.
Newcastle get the House of Saud, and we get Acid House
John Moores will be turning.....
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 15 Sep 2023, 1:27 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

777 hey?

There was a rumour about 6 months back that PIF (the Saudi investment fund) was looking at investing in 777.

It's a murky old world, is football finance. Football is a victim of its own success, outside of the CL regulars anyway.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 15 Sep 2023, 7:47 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

777 hey?

There was a rumour about 6 months back that PIF (the Saudi investment fund) was looking at investing in 777.

It's a murky old world, is football finance. Football is a victim of its own success, outside of the CL regulars anyway.

I wouldn’t be surprised if 777 Partners are being financed by a Saudi Investment group to buy Everton,
Seems quite a bit of investment for a business group that can’t pay their debts, they owed London lions basketball team over £900.000
Genoa another owned by 777 Partners have their fans trying to raise £5000 as 777 don’t fund clubs they have them being self sufficient a buy to sell for funds so nothing changes then.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum