606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton U21's

Go down

Everton U21's Empty Everton U21's

Post  SEFTON Thu 25 Jun 2015, 6:16 pm

Everton Under-21s are currently in Obertraun, Austria, and we’ll be getting the inside track from every day of the young Blues’ pre-season training camp. Today it's the turn of defender Jordan Thorniley, who has been subjected to the cold river stream...

Wednesday morning was a tough session, but I enjoyed that and in the afternoon we played head tennis, mixing that up with some sprints and technical work.

It gets very competitive with the games because David Unsworth is big on punishments. Unfortunately, my team came last in the head tennis and that meant we had to lie chest down in the river for 60 seconds. It was freezing!

The runners-up only had to do 50 press-ups and I would have rather done them instead. It wasn’t nice at all and took my breath away it was that cold.

This is my first involvement with the Under-21s. I was in Obertraun with the Under-18s last year and we mixed a little bit being out here together, but I’m getting used to the pace of it still. It’s a lot faster but I feel like it’s a really good standard to be at.

I’ve played with a lot of this group since I was a kid. I know them well and even the older lads, like Gethin Jones and Russell Griffiths - we won the Under-18s title together. It’s a great bunch of lads.

I was on Player Cam yesterday, which is where our performance analyst films you closely during a session to pick up any positives and negatives about your training.

I sat down with Unsy today to go through the things that had been highlighted and things I need to work on. I’ve done my turn for the week now hopefully!

The sun has really come out this past couple of days. It’s beautiful but I’d rather it be raining when we’re out on the pitch to be honest!

I could feel the difference; it was harder to breathe but it’s better for your fitness and we can feel it working already.

That will help us be ready to hit the ground running.

Pity Roberto didn't have the same mentality? Kone-McGeady-Lukaku-Barkley take note,David Unsworth sounds like he's really heavy on discipline.
its what the boys need. cheers

SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down