606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer

+17
Sack the Juggler
Hinchcliffe Corner
Armchair
Da Judge
Gravy & Chips
Helenqu
Lumper
hairy cataract
Blue gazza
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Cahill the Great
SEFTON
Dixie Land
Tonteau
Yankthattoffee
Statman
SouthernSmugToffee
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer - Page 2 Empty Re: 25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer

Post  Armchair Mon 13 Apr 2015, 9:19 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Do all loanees turn out to be shit when you give them a contract? Barry? Lukaku? any others? Any examples of players who've been better on a contract than they were on loan?

Arteta and Pienaar (he was on loan from Borussia Dortmund initially) spring to mind. Not exactly recent though.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer - Page 2 Empty Re: 25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer

Post  Dixie Land Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:14 pm

Armchair wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Do all loanees turn out to be shit when you give them a contract? Barry? Lukaku? any others? Any examples of players who've been better on a contract than they were on loan?

Arteta and Pienaar (he was on loan from Borussia Dortmund initially) spring to mind. Not exactly recent though.

Tim Howard.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 14 Apr 2015, 1:58 am

martinez, Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:38 am

Blue gazza wrote:

martinez,  Very Happy

I'm sure Martinez must be on a zero hours contract at Everton, was a punter at the world-cup when he should have been organising Evertons pre-season. Very Happy
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:57 am

sefton wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:

martinez,  Very Happy

I'm sure Martinez must be on a zero hours contract at Everton, was a punter at the world-cup when he should have been organising Evertons pre-season. Very Happy
he bloody well should be moved to a zero hour contract... permanently

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 06 May 2015, 7:38 am

Everton could be priced out of a permanent move for on-loan Aaron Lennon, with Tottenham wanting £9m for the 28-year-old winger. (Guardian)
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Wed 06 May 2015, 8:23 am

Armchair wrote:
Everton could be priced out of a permanent move for on-loan Aaron Lennon, with Tottenham wanting £9m for the 28-year-old winger. (Guardian)

That doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. Bit worrying if that is "pricing us out" pale
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 06 May 2015, 9:35 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Armchair wrote:

That doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. Bit worrying if that is "pricing us out" pale

It does seem unreasonable to me. He's only got a year left on his current contract and is 28 yrs old so would have no resale value at the end of his deal!

We should offer Spurs a £2m take it or leave offer like they did with Pienaar a couple of years back.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 06 May 2015, 11:15 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
Armchair wrote:

It does seem unreasonable to me.   He's only got a year left on his current contract and is 28 yrs old so would have no resale value at the end of his deal!

We should offer Spurs a £2m take it or leave offer like they did with Pienaar a couple of years back.
its the usual paper bollox - if Lennon wanted to he could buy out the remainder of his contract, so if its one year at (say £40k a week) that would be £2m, so that is the realistic figure for his cost. The alternative is that he stays at spuds, they pay £2m for his wages, don't play him and they don't get anything at the end of it, so they are £4m worse off (if they don't get £2m off us and they have to pay him £2m for playing in the reserves).
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 06 May 2015, 11:32 am

error 404 wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Armchair wrote:

It does seem unreasonable to me.   He's only got a year left on his current contract and is 28 yrs old so would have no resale value at the end of his deal!

its the usual paper bollox - if Lennon wanted to he could buy out the remainder of his contract, so if its one year at (say £40k a week) that would be £2m, so that is the realistic figure for his cost.  The alternative is that he stays at spuds, they pay £2m for his wages, don't play him and they don't get anything at the end of it, so they are £4m worse off (if they don't get £2m off us and they have to pay him £2m for playing in the reserves).

Unfortunately he can't.

If a player was under the age of 28 when they signed their contract, they can only buy it out once three years has passed since the signing of the contract. Lennon's latest contract was signed on 1st September, 2012.

So could we just sit it out until September? Well, no, unfortunately not. Players must give notice that they plan to buy out their contract within 15 days of the final league game of the season, which means he could only try to do it between 24th May and 7th June - about three months before he is actually allowed to do it.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 06 May 2015, 12:24 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
error 404 wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Armchair wrote:

its the usual paper bollox - if Lennon wanted to he could buy out the remainder of his contract, so if its one year at (say £40k a week) that would be £2m, so that is the realistic figure for his cost.  The alternative is that he stays at spuds, they pay £2m for his wages, don't play him and they don't get anything at the end of it, so they are £4m worse off (if they don't get £2m off us and they have to pay him £2m for playing in the reserves).

Unfortunately he can't.

If a player was under the age of 28 when they signed their contract, they can only buy it out once three years has passed since the signing of the contract. Lennon's latest contract was signed on 1st September, 2012.

So could we just sit it out until September? Well, no, unfortunately not. Players must give notice that they plan to buy out their contract within 15 days of the final league game of the season, which means he could only try to do it between 24th May and 7th June - about three months before he is actually allowed to do it.
so he gives them three months notice then? what's the problem? 25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer - Page 2 Confused
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Wed 06 May 2015, 12:39 pm

Who said they want £9m for him?

Usually a loan deal has a buy on a permanent basis clause for an agreed amount.

Either was if they come sniffing around Mirallas just add on the extra £3m they value their one year left remaining older player.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 06 May 2015, 1:15 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Who said they want £9m for him?

Usually a loan deal has a buy on a permanent basis clause for an agreed amount.

Either was if they come sniffing around Mirallas just add on the extra £3m they value their one year left remaining older player.

CORRECT, SIR ! Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 17 Jun 2015, 7:45 am

Everton still want to sign Tottenham's 28-year-old winger Aaron Lennon, despite closing in on a deal with Barcelona for wide player Gerard Deulofeu, 21. (Times - subscription required)
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 10 Sep 2015, 10:24 am

Aaron Lennon said he was delighted to join Everton on a permanent basis after a loan spell last year and set some high targets for himself and the squad.

He said: "There were other clubs interested but I didn't entertain it. This is the move I wanted all along and I'm over the moon to be here.

"I was willing to wait and I did that until the very last second. I'm just so glad it went my way. There is no reason why we can't win a trophy and be challenging for Europe. There is a lot of talent in the squad."

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 10 Sep 2015, 10:51 am

The President wrote:Aaron Lennon said he was delighted to join Everton on a permanent basis after a loan spell last year and set some high targets for himself and the squad.  

He said: "There were other clubs interested but I didn't entertain it. This is the move I wanted all along and I'm over the moon to be here.

"I was willing to wait and I did that until the very last second. I'm just so glad it went my way. There is no reason why we can't win a trophy and be challenging for Europe. There is a lot of talent in the squad."

Fucking hell, he's only been here ten minutes and he's hitting the bottle....
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 10 Sep 2015, 7:26 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
The President wrote:Aaron Lennon said he was delighted to join Everton on a permanent basis after a loan spell last year and set some high targets for himself and the squad.  

Fucking hell, he's only been here ten minutes and he's hitting the bottle....
He's already best mates with Gibbo by the (clinking) sound of it.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 02 May 2017, 10:41 pm

Article in the papers saying Arron Lennon has been detained under the Mental Health Act. That's terrible news. Whatever he's going through, I hope he recovers soon.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 03 May 2017, 1:28 am

Lumper wrote:Article in the papers saying Arron Lennon has been detained under the Mental Health Act. That's terrible news. Whatever he's going through, I hope he recovers soon.
Not good.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4467162/Aaron-Lennon-detained-mental-health-act.html
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 03 May 2017, 8:00 am

Sad news Crying or Very sad
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Wed 03 May 2017, 8:54 am

Very sorry to hear this. But he will get the very best of care. Hard when careers are over so young and he must feel he never lived up to his hype/potential.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Wed 03 May 2017, 12:01 pm

Real shame, he's always seemed a decent bloke, and it's good to see the club looking after him, and taking mental health problems so seriously.

Fingers crossed he gets the best help he can and recovers quickly.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Wed 03 May 2017, 12:33 pm

Bloody hell!!!! Shocked

is it that bad playing for Everton???

Too soon?
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 03 May 2017, 1:20 pm

Best wishes to him and his family, glad the club are helping out in this
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Wed 03 May 2017, 1:43 pm

Helenqu wrote:Very sorry to hear this. But he will get the very best of care. Hard when careers are over so young and he must feel he never lived up to his hype/potential.

I am wondering if there is something more than we see... there are a number of professional sportsmen who are deeply enmeshed in some of the more exotic investment schemes that have now been ruled against HMRC rules and has left them will millions to pay in terms of "tax evasion" which as we know is at the criminal end of the tax minimisation protocols.

This coupled with an end of career - potential life changing circumstances - it must appear to be a hell of an abyss to those whom for so longer nothing has ever been a problem.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9785

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next