606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer

+17
Sack the Juggler
Hinchcliffe Corner
Armchair
Da Judge
Gravy & Chips
Helenqu
Lumper
hairy cataract
Blue gazza
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Cahill the Great
SEFTON
Dixie Land
Tonteau
Yankthattoffee
Statman
SouthernSmugToffee
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer Empty 25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Tue 10 Feb 2015, 6:22 pm

Apparently he is happy to be here (You can tell by his pictures on Twatter). Very Happy
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer Empty Re: 25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer

Post  Helenqu Tue 24 Mar 2015, 8:09 am

Spurs want 6m for him in summer apparently. Seems like a fair price to me.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer Empty Re: 25. Aaron Lennon - loanee till the summer

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:15 am

Helenqu wrote:Spurs want 6m for him in summer apparently. Seems like a fair price to me.

Agreed
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:59 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Helenqu wrote:Spurs want 6m for him in summer apparently. Seems like a fair price to me.

Agreed

He'll have a year left on his contract at the end of the season. Seems a bit much to pay for someone in that position.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:12 am

Tonteau wrote:

Agreed

He'll have a year left on his contract at the end of the season. Seems a bit much to pay for someone in that position.

Biggest problem is with Mirralas,Spurs will feel they have one foot in the door way were Mirralas is concerned, I remember Levy at Spurs offering a straight swop for Lennon,
down fall for Everton is that if Lennon hits form his price will rise, Levy will try get Mirralas on cheap, are only hope is Mirralas stay and signs new contract or we sell him abroard.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:56 am

Sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Agreed

Biggest problem is with Mirralas,Spurs will feel they have one foot in the door way were Mirralas is concerned, I remember Levy at Spurs offering a straight swop for Lennon,
down fall for Everton is that if Lennon hits form his price will rise, Levy will try get Mirralas on cheap, are only hope is Mirralas stay and signs new contract or we sell him abroard.
maybe the straight Lennon / Mirallas swap is worth considering.. Kev thinks he's too big for us, wants out & can't finish a game... Lennon wants in & looks like he'll settle.

just saying...

Number of posts : 40811
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:19 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Agreed

maybe the straight Lennon / Mirallas swap is worth considering.. Kev thinks he's too big for us, wants out & can't finish a game... Lennon wants in & looks like he'll settle.

just saying...

I think Mirallas is worth much more than Lennon. People seem to forget how good he's been for us, one bad penalty decision and some ropey performances (who hasn't this season) and we forget how much he can bring to us. We should be offering him a new contract and not accepting anything other than the best price for him now if he does go.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:49 am

Tonteau wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Agreed

just saying...

I think Mirallas is worth much more than Lennon. People seem to forget how good he's been for us, one bad penalty decision and some ropey performances (who hasn't this season) and we forget how much he can bring to us. We should be offering him a new contract and not accepting anything other than the best price for him now if he does go.
With both of them it feels like unfulfilled potential. I would have expected more from both of them by now.
Both about the same age, similar contract situations. Swap would be reasonable for both clubs?
Lennon's defensive duties seem to be better, but KM has the height and heading ability. KM gets international call ups, but AL doesn't. Coin please!
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:10 pm

Both on short contract time but there is no way they can expect a swap when we have a pretty much guaranteed first teamer going against a feller who has played less than 10 games in the premiership this year for them.

Usual story with Spurs, driving the price up

Noel can tell the banker to go fuck himself
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:20 pm

I think Mirallas is stronger and has the better end product - he can play down the middle as a striker and score a few goals - but Lennon looks a harder grafter. I see Lennon as more of an Ossie than a Mirallas. A swap would be okay, Kev will do fuck all at Spurs and end up going to some Italian club as a squaddie. Lennon could give us a few years decent service, seems an honest player and more our kind of lad.

Could we throw in Martinez as a make-weight?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 24 Mar 2015, 1:29 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:I think Mirallas is stronger and has the better end product - he can play down the middle as a striker and score a few goals - but Lennon looks a harder grafter. I see Lennon as more of an Ossie than a Mirallas.  A swap would be okay, Kev will do fuck all at Spurs and end up going to some Italian club as a squaddie. Lennon could give us a few years decent service, seems an honest player and more our kind of lad.

Could we throw in Martinez as a make-weight?

lol!

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 24 Mar 2015, 1:50 pm

Typical spuds fans , don't want a player one minute ,the next he's hit form they want him back ?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/03/24/tottenham-fans-urge-club-not-to-sell-aaron-lennon-to-everton/
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 24 Mar 2015, 1:52 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Agreed

just saying...

Totally agree.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 24 Mar 2015, 2:24 pm

I'd rather have Kev than Lennon. Actually, I'd like to have both of them and ship McGeady out.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 24 Mar 2015, 3:16 pm

Armchair wrote:I'd rather have Kev than Lennon. Actually, I'd like to have both of them and ship McGeady out.

+ 1,000,000

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Tue 24 Mar 2015, 3:17 pm

Armchair wrote:I'd rather have Kev than Lennon. Actually, I'd like to have both of them and ship McGeady out.

Ditto!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 24 Mar 2015, 6:15 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

+ 1,000,000
fully agree with that... McGeady should leave on the same bus as Alcaraz & Distin.

but if we are talking about Mirallas /Lennon comparison... Mirallas simply never plays 90 minutes & is injury prone (or fucking idle)... that's another downer on him

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 24 Mar 2015, 7:26 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

+ 1,000,000
fully agree with that... McGeady should leave on the same bus as Alcaraz & Distin.

but if we are talking about Mirallas /Lennon comparison... Mirallas simply never plays 90 minutes & is injury prone (or fucking idle)... that's another downer on him

Oddly, Lennon seems more like a Moyes-esque signing that Mirallas.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 24 Mar 2015, 7:39 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

+ 1,000,000

Oddly, Lennon seems more like a Moyes-esque signing that Mirallas.
When he was involved he looked like he could bring something to the team.
btw, I noticed we used a DM style back 5 on Sunday against QPR. When Cars was playing for us, DM would have him mark any big striker, and have Weir and Yobo mop up behind him. Macca was used in much the same way. From goalie clearances, Macca immediately ran to the centre half spot with Jaga and Stones flanking him. Lots of hoofed clearances as well. No defensive ticky tacky anywhere. Either RM has suddenly changed tack, or Jags and Co have taken more control.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 13 Apr 2015, 2:26 pm

Lennon? buy him or get defoofoo instead?

do you think that Bobbyo's system needs two good wingers to be effective?
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 13 Apr 2015, 2:43 pm

error 404 wrote:Lennon?  buy him or get defoofoo instead?

Clearly playing for a contract somewhere next season. My worry would be next season once he's got one!

Foo Foo - would be a much better longer term investment
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 13 Apr 2015, 3:09 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:

Clearly playing for a contract somewhere next season.   My worry would be next season once he's got one!

Foo Foo - would be a much better longer term investment

Surely the same could be said to each professional - Howard, Baines, McCarthy, Coleman...... they should all be playing for their futures week in and week out. If they did there is more than a half chance we would be more than decently placed each season.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 13 Apr 2015, 3:47 pm

If you could give Deulofeu Lennon's work rate and unselfishness, you'd be onto a winner. Gerry has the kind of magic you can't teach but 90% of his performances were selfish, over-complicated, lightweight and generally not that effective. Sometimes you have to take a punt on that and hope it works out, but I think bobby is the kind of manager who will indulge him rather than knock him into shape like Moyes would have.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 13 Apr 2015, 4:30 pm

Mirallas will fuck off for nothing next summer and McGeady is crap so I would sign both Lennon and FooFoo.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 13 Apr 2015, 7:47 pm

Do all loanees turn out to be shit when you give them a contract? Barry? Lukaku? any others? Any examples of players who've been better on a contract than they were on loan?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next