606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas)

+20
SEFTON
Made 4 Gwladys
Sack the Juggler
Mr_Ben
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
Knight of Thorgothshire
My other LB is a Ferrari
Yankthattoffee
Tonteau
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Armchair
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
The President
hairy cataract
Lumper
Dixie Land
Hinchcliffe Corner
Super
Gravy & Chips
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 27 Nov - 20:05

enjoyed that. We are fooking lethal on the counter. Hibbo and Garbutt excellent. Now to see the Spuds get roasted.

Last edited by mindyerho? on Thu 27 Nov - 20:17; edited 1 time in total
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas)

Post  SEFTON Thu 27 Nov - 20:06

hairberto cataract wrote:Very entertaining game from two teams who play football the right way.  It was almost old fashioned. Europa League at its best, shits all over the hyped up CL.

Great win.

We all knew it was gonna be a tough game,first half we gave them too much respect,second half we were more an attacking team, credit to garbutt stood his ground,great game for the neutral fan.

Unbeaten against the Germans .

coyb's
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 27 Nov - 20:16

Daily Mail expecting 2 new teams to add to the last 32!

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 4 Screen10

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 27 Nov - 20:18

Bluejagz wrote:Daily Mail expecting 2 new teams to add to the last 32!

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 4 Screen10

prob the shite and utd Very Happy given a bye
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 27 Nov - 20:19

As Brucie would say .. Good Game Good Game
Thought we played well with some pleasing performances
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 27 Nov - 21:28

so, am i right in thinking that, we will face one of the E/L runners up in the next round, as opposed to a C/L failure team
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 27 Nov - 22:04

Just seen that VW had 38 shots, 7 on target. Great game for the neutral, I had an Arse fan come early for a meeting and watch the second half with me.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 27 Nov - 22:19

Goals here: http://www.goalsaim.com/wolfsburg-vs-everton-0-2-highlights-2014-europa-league/

Two very neat finishes
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 27 Nov - 23:23

Blueberto wrote:so, am i right in thinking that, we will face one of the E/L runners up in the next round, as opposed to a C/L failure team

Not quite....

We cannot face Tottenham or Wolfsburg.... Nor can we face any other group winner or any of the best4 third place teams dropping from CL (fucking hate the rule that gives the chosen ones more trough space)....

So we can face any runner up and one of the worst 4 CL teams - if there are any English droppers e.g. Shoite - we cannot meet them either

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 28 Nov - 0:02

Uwist61 wrote:
Blueberto wrote:so, am i right in thinking that, we will face one of the E/L runners up in the next round, as opposed to a C/L failure team

Not quite....

We cannot face Tottenham or Wolfsburg.... Nor can we face any other group winner or any of the best4 third place teams dropping from CL (fucking hate the rule that gives the chosen ones more trough space)....

So we can face any runner up and one of the worst 4 CL teams - if there are any English droppers e.g. Shoite - we cannot meet them either

Just had a look on Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_UEFA_Europa_League#Qualified_teams

Basically, every team is seeded or unseeded. The seeded teams are made up of group winners, and the four best third place finishers in the Champions League. The unseeded teams are then made up of group runners up, and the four worst third place finishers in the Champions League.

Then every match in round 2 is a case of seeded vs unseeded, EXCEPT as Uwie says you can't play against a team you've already played against or a team from your own country / association. From the last 16 round onwards, it's a straight draw like in the FA Cup.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 28 Nov - 0:06

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:

Not quite....

Basically, every team is seeded or unseeded. The seeded teams are made up of group winners, and the four best third place finishers in the Champions League. The unseeded teams are then made up of group runners up, and the four worst third place finishers in the Champions League.

Then every match in round 2 is a case of seeded vs unseeded, EXCEPT as Uwie says you can't play against a team you've already played against or a team from your own country / association. From the last 16 round onwards, it's a straight draw like in the FA Cup.
Isn't there a point when they make the draw for 2 rounds at the same time, so you know who you get in the last 32 and also who is your next bracket?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 28 Nov - 0:17

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:

Not quite....

Isn't there a point when they make the draw for 2 rounds at the same time, so you know who you get in the last 32 and also who is your next bracket?

I do believe that it's 32 and 16 and then 8 and 4

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Fri 28 Nov - 0:26

I hear that Wolfsburg had a good goal given offside. Did the commentators mention it at all?
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 28 Nov - 8:24

Statman wrote:I hear that Wolfsburg had a good goal given offside. Did the commentators mention it at all?

The first Wolfsburg goal allegedly was on-side , Their second by Bentner was clearly off-side,
As for Barkley his goal like the first Wolfsburg, was a tight call.

ITV4 panellists Gordon Strachan-Kevin Ratcliffe-Jemain Jenas ,all agreed the first goal was tight just like Barkley's.
The commentator thought it should have been a goal.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 28 Nov - 8:46

Statman wrote:I hear that Wolfsburg had a good goal given offside. Did the commentators mention it at all?

Rolling Eyes
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Fri 28 Nov - 9:30

Yankthattoffee wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I'm taking the piss. The fuckers must have said it about a million times. It did my head in.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 28 Nov - 9:48

Overall, it was an excellent performance. Yes, we got lucky early on and the goal that wasn't given would have made the game a different prospect. But after that we contained them and restricted them to long range efforts. Howard made plenty of saves, but few of them were anything other than routine.

Balls up to lukaku rarely stick. He's not a target man who plays back to goal, but get him running at people and facing the goal and he's a totally different prospect.

Garbutt was superb, Besic, too. Osman did very well when he came on and McGeady put a shift in. There wasn't a bad performance amongst them. Maybe Eto'o was quiet, but he'll yet come in useful in this competition.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Fri 28 Nov - 10:46

Tonteau wrote:Overall, it was an excellent performance. Yes, we got lucky early on and the goal that wasn't given would have made the game a different prospect. But after that we contained them and restricted them to long range efforts. Howard made plenty of saves, but few of them were anything other than routine.

Balls up to lukaku rarely stick. He's not a target man who plays back to goal, but get him running at people and facing the goal and he's a totally different prospect.

Garbutt was superb, Besic, too. Osman did very well when he came on and McGeady put a shift in. There wasn't a bad performance amongst them. Maybe Eto'o was quiet, but he'll yet come in useful in this competition.

I thought that Lukaku did well. Obviously he made massive contributions to both the goals. I just enjoyed seeing him 'fighting his weight'.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 28 Nov - 14:01

Statman wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Overall, it was an excellent performance. Yes, we got lucky early on and the goal that wasn't given would have made the game a different prospect. But after that we contained them and restricted them to long range efforts. Howard made plenty of saves, but few of them were anything other than routine.

I thought that Lukaku did well. Obviously he made massive contributions to both the goals. I just enjoyed seeing him 'fighting his weight'.
I thought big Luke did really well. Even his back-to-goal stuff was better. You only have to look at the likes of Drogba, who used to make some simple errors and occasionally a bit lazy, but he just needed one or two sniffs of goal and he was deadly. I can see Big Luke as being much the same.
Besic needs to play it off quicker. He's going to get caught in possession all to often, a la Barkley.
We really miss our front liners though.
btw, I got your offside goal sarcasm. As usual Matterface and Clarke, spent all their time lauding the Wolfsburg players, and it sounded like they praised us only when they were told to.
No later replay of Dizzie's header or Ross's "offside" goal.
Anyway, we await Kone's hatrick against the Russians.
Rolling Eyes again.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  My other LB is a Ferrari Fri 28 Nov - 14:57

We certainly did play better with Kone back in the squad
My other LB is a Ferrari
My other LB is a Ferrari

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2006-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Fri 28 Nov - 16:02

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Statman wrote:

I thought big Luke did really well. Even his back-to-goal stuff was better. You only have to look at the likes of Drogba, who used to make some simple errors and occasionally a bit lazy, but he just needed one or two sniffs of goal and he was deadly. I can see Big Luke as being much the same.
Besic needs to play it off quicker. He's going to get caught in possession all to often, a la Barkley.
We really miss our front liners though.
btw, I got your offside goal sarcasm. As usual Matterface and Clarke, spent all their time lauding the Wolfsburg players, and it sounded like they praised us only when they were told to.
No later replay of Dizzie's header or Ross's "offside" goal.
Anyway, we await Kone's hatrick against the Russians.
Rolling Eyes    again.

But I didn't get your recognition of my sarcasm. Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 4 Doh
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 28 Nov - 17:06

My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:We certainly did play better with Kone back in the squad
cheers he's got years left in him

Number of posts : 40999

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sat 29 Nov - 19:39

Ok, just back home from a great trip and here’s a quick review of it.

Started off with a taxi to Manchester airport on Thursday morning, picking one of the lads up on the way.  In Manchester Airport departures by 5:30am so had a couple of pints of Jaipur at the Grain Loft while we waited to board the plane.  

We wanted to pace ourselves so kept it down to two cans of old speckled hen on the plane, then a couple of large bottles of Erdinger on the train from Berlin to Wolfsburg.

Arrived in Wolfsburg at 1pm local time, and headed straight to our hotel, stopping off only to say hello to the players arriving on the coach at the Inside hotel.

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 4 P1040536-M

Then we hit the local bars; the irish bar was rocking, but you couldn’t move and the ale was shit so we tried a few other bars before settling on Das Alt Berlin, really nice old bar and I can recommend the dark ale there.

Stayed there for something to eat, then headed back to the Inside hotel to meet up with some of the IOM lads who were staying there, stopping at my hotel on the way to pick up my down layer and warm gloves as it was fuckin Baltic!  Zero degrees or less and a bitter wind.

Anyway, as the players were now in the hotel the bouncers were stopping fans going into the bar, so we just walked past the crowd outside the Inside looking liked we owned the place and told the bouncers that we were staying there, they didn’t believe us at first (or maybe at all) but we finally blagged it.

In the hotel the IOM lads were wearing Everton tops with the names of our worst players, such as; Nyarko, Oster, Thomsen, Angell and Pistone (who most of us disagreed should be in that company).

Had the dark beer here too and it was ace and we all sang to each player as they came down and out of the lifts, it was a good atmosphere already.

Stayed at the bar there until just after 6 then we walked up to ground en masse, singing all the way.  At the ground they were taking the tickets off us and putting them into the ticket reader for us, then searching half the fans as we went in, so it slowed it down a lot and there were quite a few of us still outside at kick off, so we sang to those inside until we got in.

Inside it was a bit disappointing as the only ale was alcohol free, but the fans were in great voice and we had all of the neutral zone and other parts of the ground, so thought we had a lot more than 5,000 there.

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 4 P1040540-M

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 4 P1040542-M

After the game we all headed back into town past the VW factory and most took the trains straight back to Berlin or Hanover, whilst the rest of us tried to get back into a bar before we froze our nuts off.  

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 4 P1040550-M

The Das Alt Berlin was bouncing and in great form, the Irish Bar was still packed and the ale was still shit, and then we went back to the Inside hotel for their dark beer and to meet up with the IOM lads again.
Met up with Anticipate the Pass and the NY crew in the hotel bar and they had a quick pint before heading back to Berlin on the train.

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 4 P1040551-M

Stayed in the Inside bar singing, telling old stories, slagging off the shyte (fans, players, manager), slagging off our own players, until midnight when the barman told us the bar was shut but we could head up to the Skybar.  So we said we would if we could get one more round in first in the bar.

Three more rounds later we decided to head up to the skybar and carried on the random stories, songs, jokes, etc. until 3am when we were finally kicked out.

Headed back to Berlin on Friday morning for a few more beers before heading back to Liverpool for the night.

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 4 Wolfsburg-M

Oh, and during the day a game of footie broke out.  Wolfsburg had good approach play and although we rode our luck sometimes our defence mostly kept them at bay.

McGeedy was shite (I’m going to have his name on my shit player shirt), telegraphing passes and then seeming surprise when they were intercepted, missed that sitter, kept running into blind alleys instead of passing it, etc.

Besic was ok, but there were a coule of times he could have past it outside and into space for Garbutt to make a run, but instead he turned it back inside and into trouble and lost it, a bit like Barkley but without the pace or skill to occasionally beat players.

Hibbo was immense in defence but got a nose bleed if he went over the halfway line, Garbutt on the other side showed him how it should be done, and showed us how much talent we have at leftback.

Lukaku still has no first touch but when he is running at defenders he is so strong and fast and more importantly he has that ability to beat the keeper.  His pass to Mirallas was perfect.  Don’t think his first touch will ever improve, so we need to focus on how we can give it to him while he’s facing their defence.

Everyone put a shift in and it was pleasing to see us performing so well with so many injuries, it shows how much strength we have in depth in the squad.  Hopefully we will have everyone back in the second half of the season and we will win this competition.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 29 Nov - 21:35

That's simply awesome Jay! Sure sounds like a fantastic time.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 30 Nov - 7:48

Nice one Jay ... looks like a good trip

Number of posts : 40999

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next