606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force)

+23
Yankthattoffee
RhinoJagz
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
fatboblatch
Cahill the Great
Tonteau
Valentino Blue
hairy cataract
Sack the Juggler
ToffeeDan
anticipate_the_pass
Blue gazza
Made 4 Gwladys
notepad
Bluey
Bryan
Diamond
Mr_Ben
The President
nousername
Albert
Hinchcliffe Corner
SouthernSmugToffee
27 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force) - Page 4 Empty Re: 11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force)

Post  Tonteau Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:18 pm

So, do you reckon we will/should keep him?
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force) - Page 4 Empty Re: 11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force)

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm

Tonteau wrote:So, do you reckon we will/should keep him?

I was mightily impressed with him last night, he's like a stronger and more motivated Kevin Davies - what Beattie could have been if he was slimmer, bigger, stronger, faster, more talented and uglier.

However, unlike Beattie, I would welcome the straq into the club because he's hungry for it - you can see it, if he plays he will literally lay his life on the line for you because in reality that is his biggest asset, not his football.

Don't get me wrong, i think he has some skill, just not the silky skills that we would like, but he is effective if only for his astrength on and off the ball. I can see him getting 10 or 12 goals a season if he starts - and he can literally soften up defences and would be a good foil for the jellyman
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:59 pm

Tough call this one. He was fucking brilliant last night, a true heir to Big Dunc's crown but without the psycho stuff. On the other hand he really is lacking in a lot of areas. His strength and committment look second to none, but is that enough in the long run in the PL? Kind of gutted that Moyes never gave him a proper run earlier, and persisted with Saha instead. I guess Moyes thought he had to give Louis a fair crack of the whip before binning him. But now Jelloman is here, I can't see Straq getting many starts. So I think Moyes will let him go at the end of the season.

Shame really.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:13 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Tough call this one. He was fucking brilliant last night, a true heir to Big Dunc's crown but without the psycho stuff. On the other hand he really is lacking in a lot of areas. His strength and committment look second to none, but is that enough in the long run in the PL? Kind of gutted that Moyes never gave him a proper run earlier, and persisted with Saha instead. I guess Moyes thought he had to give Louis a fair crack of the whip before binning him. But now Jelloman is here, I can't see Straq getting many starts. So I think Moyes will let him go at the end of the season.

Shame really.

We need more than Jellyroll and Vic on the books.
For the right deal Straq would be a decent addition.
When the CBs come visiting GP, the first thing they'll be looking for is the EFC line up, and the name they can't spell, staring them in the face. Then he'll be staring in their faces for 90 minutes. I'd like to see Carragher try and drag Straq to the ground.
Don't forget how much he closed down their back 4 last night. With T17 harassing then too, it was a fine performance all round.
I say "Give him a deal DM."
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:18 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Tough call this one. He was fucking brilliant last night, a true heir to Big Dunc's crown but without the psycho stuff. On the other hand he really is lacking in a lot of areas. His strength and committment look second to none, but is that enough in the long run in the PL? Kind of gutted that Moyes never gave him a proper run earlier, and persisted with Saha instead. I guess Moyes thought he had to give Louis a fair crack of the whip before binning him. But now Jelloman is here, I can't see Straq getting many starts. So I think Moyes will let him go at the end of the season.

Shame really.

When the CBs come visiting GP, the first thing they'll be looking for is the EFC line up, and the name they can't spell, staring them in the face. Then he'll be staring in their faces for 90 minutes. I'd like to see Carragher try and drag Straq to the ground.
Don't forget how much he closed down their back 4 last night. With T17 harassing then too, it was a fine performance all round.

I agree, but I think Moyes will keep Vic (I'd rather keep Straq personally) and Vellios and the useless fat tit Baxter as his "options" behind Jellystone, and send back the Straq.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:21 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Shame really.

I agree, but I think Moyes will keep Vic (I'd rather keep Straq personally) and Vellios and the useless fat tit Baxter as his "options" behind Jellystone, and send back the Straq.
Baxter has been a disappointment hasn't he? After the opening games of 2009 (?) he really didn't step up did he?
I'd inadvertantly forgotten Vellios. I'd still keep Straq for the right deal.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:33 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Shame really.

Baxter has been a disappointment hasn't he? After the opening games of 2009 (?) he really didn't step up did he?

Baxter has been a massive disappointment for me personally.

I went to a few friendlies and saw him, before he played for the first team, and he looked brilliant. His running was excellent and his set pieces were better than anything else we had then. I thought that he would go on to be a star for us but sadly he has done nothing, has been in trouble with the law for hanging around knobheads and has piled on the pounds.

I can see him leaving soon to join somebody like Tranmere where he will become a decent player at that level.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:48 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Shame really.

Baxter has been a massive disappointment for me personally.

I went to a few friendlies and saw him, before he played for the first team, and he looked brilliant. His running was excellent and his set pieces were better than anything else we had then. I thought that he would go on to be a star for us but sadly he has done nothing, has been in trouble with the law for hanging around knobheads and has piled on the pounds.

I can see him leaving soon to join somebody like Tranmere where he will become a decent player at that level.

might be worth giving him a chance yet, got very good reports from his loan spell and has had glowing praise from the caoching staff about how he's improved his game mentality.

strange choice to bring on last night though, must have been showing something for Moyes to trust him in that situation though.

As for Straq, the guys a monster, physically and with his workrate. he did well with the ball as well IMO kept it simple and brought others into play well. Donavon seems to link with him really well but obviously thats going to be a dissapointingly short combination as we've not got too much landon time left.

from what he's shown recently I'd like to see him signed in the summer. Looked a shocker earlier in the season but then it can take time to settle into the style/pace of the premierleague and into a new team. Look at Tevez and Mascherano when they first signed for west ham, took Tevez ages to get his scoring boots going and Mascherano looked utter shite.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:15 pm

I think the Straq might get better in terms of getting up to the pace of the game and improving his touch. He's not really played much, but he showed some nice awareness last night as well, his header back for Fellaini was excellent. Thing is that right now, the way we're playing, Straq's probably our most useful striker. We're not playing good enough footy for a striker like Saha. We all want to go back to the days of tonking united 3-1 and looking comfortable with it, but the simple fact is we've got to take things back to basics. All any evertonian asks is that a player gives 100% (unless he's kilbane in which case he gets a hard time whatever) Dirty Den has had two starts and left everything on the pitch; scored one very important goal, nearly scored another against city, started crying when he did score and worked harder than any striker we've had since marcus bent.

I hope we sign him.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 01 Feb 2012, 5:49 pm

He is limited skills-wise but could be a useful player as shown last night. I'll reserve judgement until he has started a few more games (ditto Gibson and Drenthe).
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:06 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:He is limited skills-wise but could be a useful player as shown last night. I'll reserve judgement until he has started a few more games (ditto Gibson and Drenthe).

I will pay for Drenthe's flight home now!!!!
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:17 pm

fatboblatch wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:He is limited skills-wise but could be a useful player as shown last night. I'll reserve judgement until he has started a few more games (ditto Gibson and Drenthe).

Would you? I think he's quality! Hope we sign him on a longer deal!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:23 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:

I have never seen a player run, lose control of the ball, fall over and fail to beat an opponent [usually in one movement] in my life...still it's all about opinions eh? Smile
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:32 pm

fatboblatch wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:

I have never seen a player run, lose control of the ball, fall over and fail to beat an opponent [usually in one movement] in my life...still it's all about opinions eh? Smile
I am not convinced either. He favours his left foot, which is fine, but that means he goes to his left on most occasions, it not all. A good defence will pick up on that and simply make him ineffective since he can no longer take on players successfully.

His running around is at times like watching a headless chicken, one that falls over a lot. He is a talented guy, but he appears to have half a brain, hence making shit decisions on the pitch.

My 2 cents worth like....
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 01 Feb 2012, 8:45 pm

You can teach a player how to track back, when to pass and when to take defenders on, but you can't teach them skill; that you either have or you don't. Drenthe has bucket loads of skill; hopefully Moyes can teach him when to use it and when a simple pass will suffice.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 01 Feb 2012, 8:45 pm

We need to get Denis's name sorted with the commentators

It finishes "Ursi" and not "Arsi"
or am I off my trolley on this one?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 01 Feb 2012, 8:46 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:We need to get Denis's name sorted with the commentators

No need to get arsi about it.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch Wed 01 Feb 2012, 8:52 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:

cheers
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 01 Feb 2012, 9:28 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:

Boooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

(I had no need to boo last night, so I'll reserve my right to use it on you and FBL )

11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force) - Page 4 Food-smi
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 01 Feb 2012, 10:21 pm

This thread has gone red hot since last night lol!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 01 Feb 2012, 10:29 pm

Bluejags wrote:This thread has gone red hot since last night lol!

He won me over with the face tackle about 3 weeks ago.
For some odd reason, my wife thinks he's great and said she was sorry for him when he was subbed last night.
Had I played against him in the Zingari, I'd have shit myself.

(I guess it has something of the Crouch about it, when he was asked "What would be if you hadn't been a pro footballer?" He said "A virgin." My missus loved that answer. Maybe Stracq is in that catagory.)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 02 Feb 2012, 2:44 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:

I am not convinced either. He favours his left foot, which is fine, but that means he goes to his left on most occasions, it not all. A good defence will pick up on that and simply make him ineffective since he can no longer take on players successfully.

His running around is at times like watching a headless chicken, one that falls over a lot. He is a talented guy, but he appears to have half a brain, hence making shit decisions on the pitch.

My 2 cents worth like....

anybody else read that out to themselves in a Swedish Scouse accent?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 02 Feb 2012, 10:18 pm

No one has written about Denis since 2.44 today! What's gone wrong???

So what do you think Denis eats for breakfast? Nuts, bolts with chocolate milk?

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 02 Feb 2012, 10:27 pm

Bluejags wrote:No one has written about Denis since 2.44 today! What's gone wrong???

Copy & Paste Big Dunc's thread without the Psycho element.
He does seem to be as tough as 6" nails.
If his skill level improves with each game, he could become a club legend in a very short time.
In the Dogs of War military college, he qualified with honours, with his innovative use of the face tackle.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 02 Feb 2012, 10:31 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Bluejags wrote:No one has written about Denis since 2.44 today! What's gone wrong???

Copy & Paste Big Dunc's thread without the Psycho element.
He does seem to be as tough as 6" nails.
If his skill level improves with each game, he could become a club legend in a very short time.
In the Dogs of War military college, he qualified with honours, with his innovative use of the face tackle.

I'd love to see what plans Roberto Martinez is drawing up to deal with him! Hopefully he can keep the centre halfs on the back foot while Felly, Pienaar and co make hay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next