606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

+48
Sack the Juggler
Made 4 Gwladys
Goodison_Gringo
Knight of Thorgothshire
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
El Pablo
BB
The President
Dixie Land
Michael Crosby S74
Sheep Flavour
Lumper
ToffeeDan
Top Balcony Blue
Mr_Ben
Hinchcliffe Corner
MyBlueToothBrush
Armchair
RhinoJagz
yankthetoffee
Diamond
SouthernSmugToffee
My other LB is a Ferrari
Gazbow
Da Judge
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Luka Perfect
Albert
The Griffin
Super
MagicMike
Bluey
Valentino Blue
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
toffee_pies
Blue gazza
Royal Blue Mersey
Cahill the Great
fatboblatch
Bryan
notepad
paul
Synth_fg®
anticipate_the_pass
SEFTON
detroitblue
52 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 9 Empty Re: 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Post  Dixie Land Mon 07 Jun 2010, 6:52 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
BB wrote:There will be an injury and he will be called up and win the golden boot. It is written.
He better sign a new contract first then!

We could always replace him with the player that he replaces in the Spanish side. Xavi, Fabregas or Iniesta for example. Very Happy Wink
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 9 Empty Re: 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Mon 07 Jun 2010, 12:26 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
BB wrote:There will be an injury and he will be called up and win the golden boot. It is written.
He better sign a new contract first then!

We could always replace him with the player that he replaces in the Spanish side. Xavi, Fabregas or Iniesta for example. Very Happy Wink

oh yeah, the injured one.....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 20 Jun 2010, 6:12 am

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/852261/ARTETA-REMAINS-LOYAL-DESPITE-VILLA-INTEREST.html
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 20 Jun 2010, 11:26 am

Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/852261/ARTETA-REMAINS-LOYAL-DESPITE-VILLA-INTEREST.html

I love all this "Villa interest" in our players! We have a better season, finished ahead of them 3 out of the last 4 seasons and yet somehow they think our players would want to go there. Unbelievable. 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 9 F_laugh

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Sun 20 Jun 2010, 11:34 am

Bluejags wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/852261/ARTETA-REMAINS-LOYAL-DESPITE-VILLA-INTEREST.html

I love all this "Villa interest" in our players! We have a better season, finished ahead of them 3 out of the last 4 seasons and yet somehow they think our players would want to go there. Unbelievable. 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 9 F_laugh

We are similar clubs really so if I was Arteta or any other of out top players I wouldnt consider a move to them.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Sun 20 Jun 2010, 6:32 pm

Bluejags wrote:

To be honest I think our team is a lot better than Villa's. I would even argue its a step down.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 20 Jun 2010, 11:04 pm

Bluejags wrote:

"It was a hard decision to make, but I am happy at Everton and want to spend my future here. When Villa come knocking with their wild eyed manager and giant chequebook, players generally don't say no. Their kick and rush football is admired the world over, and when I was growing up in catalunya, they were one of my favourite teams. Real, Barca and Aston Villa; The three big names in world football. I still remember the childhood arguments with my friend Xabi Alonso as we played kick about in the park: "I want to be Dean Saunders." "No, I want to be Dean Suanders." "You were Dean Saunders last time, you greedy shit. Be Ray Houghton." happy times. But no, Everton is where my heart is."
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Mon 21 Jun 2010, 12:29 am

are you hairy in disguise? classic rant 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 9 Icon_cheers
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 22 Jun 2010, 2:03 pm

Moyes stood by Arteta, 28, after a cruciate knee ligament injury in February 2009 ruled him out for eight months.

Twelve months, wasn't it?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Tue 22 Jun 2010, 6:12 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Moyes stood by Arteta, 28, after a cruciate knee ligament injury in February 2009 ruled him out for eight months.

Twelve months, wasn't it?

Pretty much, he devoloped further knee problems though after the cruciate. he was meant to be back in Septemebr but had further knee surgery done.. bits of bone, knee clear out and infections.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal Blue Mersey Sun 27 Jun 2010, 1:52 pm

Well we have this in today's Heil!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1289981/Let-home-Mikel-Arteta-stuns-Everton-boss-David-Moyes-request.html

Could be the usual rubbish from that "source", let's hope. scratch
Royal Blue Mersey
Royal Blue Mersey

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 27 Jun 2010, 2:09 pm

If it's true, then sell him asap and let him go home if that's what he thinks is best for his family.

If it's not true then that fucking rag should donate £1m to the National Blind Children's Society.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 27 Jun 2010, 2:53 pm

I agree, ff the son is not "well", let's do what's best for the family.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Sun 27 Jun 2010, 5:11 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I agree, ff the son is not "well", let's do what's best for the family.

Very true, if he wants to go back for those reasons no one can really be angry at him. seems a strange story to make up so there could be some truth in it especially as the mail are usually better then the likes of The Sun,Star and Mirror for transfer gossip.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sun 27 Jun 2010, 7:11 pm

Daily Mail is rubbish.

There are some conflicting views on the provenance of this story: Some say it's utter rubbish, some say it has wings. Hopefully it's rubbish.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 27 Jun 2010, 10:57 pm

if he wants to go, let him go. but first of all he should be made aware that tony hibbo has played footie for years with bad eyesight
Very Happy Laughing Cool

Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 28 Jun 2010, 1:44 am

So has our goalie. clown
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 28 Jun 2010, 6:47 am

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-transfer-news-Mikel-Arteta-shocks-David-Moyes-by-demanding-summer-move-article497271.html
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  toffee_pies Mon 28 Jun 2010, 9:43 am

EVERTON are battling to avoid another Joleon Lescott-style transfer saga this summer - after Mikel Arteta's name emerged as a possible shock departure.

Reports yesterday claimed that Arteta had told manager David Moyes he wanted to return to Spain after his one-year-old son had been diagnosed as partially sighted.

Both Moyes and chairman Bill Kenwright refuted that claim last night, but there are fears that the influential midfielder is unsettled.

Kenwright said last night: "It is true that David and myself have spoken to Mikel on a couple of occasions this summer and tried to persuade him his future lies with us.

"We earnestly believe that is still the case. The health of Gabriel has never been mentioned in these discussions."

That the Blues' chairman feels he has to "persuade" Arteta that his future lies with the club, however, suggests a problem.

Arteta is due to travel with the Blues Down Under on Friday when the squad leaves for a pre-season tour of Australia - and he is still expected to board the plane for the three-week trip.

But with the player still uncommitted to a new deal there are genuine fears that the Blues' pre-season preparations could be disrupted by the same kind of saga which accompanied Lescott's switch to Manchester City last August.

Blues officials were keen to emphasise that they do not see Arteta in the same light as the defender who left Goodison under a cloud.

Arteta is widely admired and respected inside the club and has captained the first team on several occasions.

There have been no official approaches for the player, but Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has long been an admirer and Arteta would offer an ideal replacement should Cesc Fabregas get his wish to join Barcelona.

The Blues are still optimistic they can retain the services of a player who made a successful return from cruciate knee ligament damage last season - and who still has two years remaining on his present contract.

But David Moyes will want a firm commitment before the pre-season programme gets underway to avoid a repeat of the damaging backdrop to last summer's pre-season.
toffee_pies
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 28 Jun 2010, 10:57 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/06/28/blues-out-to-avoid-bidding-war-for-arteta-100252-26740729/

Kenwright said last night: “It is true that David and myself have spoken to Mikel on a couple of occasions this summer and tried to persuade him his future lies with us.

“We earnestly believe that is still the case. The health of Gabriel has never been mentioned in these discussions.”
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 28 Jun 2010, 11:11 am

Would be intersting to find out what interest there is in Arteta in Spain/Portugul
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Mon 28 Jun 2010, 11:33 am

Does this story really stack up?

While I'd like to think Everton would show compassion towards a player and their family, Arteta is still under contract and very much part of this Everton side. I can't see Moyes helping Mikel with his packing, can you?

Equally, who in Spain is going to meet the asking price? What would Moyes want for him? £15m+ maybe? Can't see many stumping that up.

Besides, there's no guarantee that a club local enough to Arteta's family would want him or pay the cash. Spain was fairly big last time I looked so if he moves to a club on the other side of the country then it really does help him much. It's not that long a flight from Liverpool. Certainly, IMHO anyway, not worth leaving a club you are settled at for.

While I agree that family comes first, and always should, and I hope his boy is fit and well, but Mikel is under contract and I don't see Everton simply letting him move for this reason.

MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Mon 28 Jun 2010, 1:26 pm

Don't blame him with the state of our health/healing provisions.

Isn't Mikel eligible to play for Ingerlund, yet? Mind you, he wouldn't get a game - he can kick with his left foot Laughing
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 9 Empty Arteta

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 04 Jul 2010, 6:08 am

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/865768/CITY-MAKE-OUTRAGEOUS-BID-FOR-ARTETA.html
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 04 Jul 2010, 6:09 am

MANCHESTER CITY have thrown Stephen Ireland, Nedum Onuoha and Michael Johnson into the package as part of a plan to sign Mikel Arteta.

All three have been offered in a swap deal to tempt Everton manager David Moyes to sell his star asset.

Despite City's swollen squad, they are trying to sign Arteta for a touch of magic in the centre of midfield.

The Spaniard, 28, is one of the most accomplished players in the Premier League but Moyes does not want to sell.

Ireland and Onuoha are expected to hold talks about their future with Italian coach Roberto Mancini this week.

But although Moyes does not want to lose Arteta, he is interested in a deal for Onuoha. The Toffees chief wants to strengthen his defence and believes the 23-year-old's versatility would be a big plus.

He plans to use Onuoha in a right-back role despite the former England Under-21 star normally turning out as a centre-half.

Onuoha has grown unhappy at his lack of chances at Eastlands and is keen for a move to kickstart his career.

He only made five Premier League starts last season under Mancini and has aired his frustrations in public.

Everton are willing to pay him £25,000 a week to switch down the M62 but it is the chance of a regular starting spot that will most appeal to the youngster.

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next