606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendly: Melbourne Heart 0 Everton 2 (Rodwell, Saha)

+7
Mr_Ben
Knight of Thorgothshire
Albert
Super
RhinoJagz
Michael Crosby S74
Valentino Blue
11 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Friendly: Melbourne Heart 0 Everton 2 (Rodwell, Saha) - Page 5 Empty Re: Friendly: Melbourne Heart 0 Everton 2 (Rodwell, Saha)

Post  Super Wed 14 Jul 2010, 8:23 pm

Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Friendly: Melbourne Heart 0 Everton 2 (Rodwell, Saha) - Page 5 Empty Re: Friendly: Melbourne Heart 0 Everton 2 (Rodwell, Saha)

Post  Albert Wed 14 Jul 2010, 9:33 pm

Bluejags wrote:Just saw the goals there on SSN. Both lovely goals especially Saha's curler into top corner.

Kit watch:
Despite all the 'interest' over our pink kit, there was a lovely unfussy traditional feel to the new home kit. Tidy blue top with crisp white shorts with minimal trims. Looks our best home kit for quite a few years.

nice kit that
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 15 Jul 2010, 12:14 am

Bluejags wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:Just watched the OS highlights.
The Rodwell goal, the peno, and at least two other chances came from exactly the same move. Vic sliding a left footed ball inside the fullback for an overlapping Coleman. Very nice combination, and Vic set up Saha once as well, same move on the other side of the area.

Who'da thunk it? Vic as the new Arteta!

Its amazing the perseverance Moyes has shown with Victor. Maybe he is finally is going to deliver?

I began to think last season that Moyes maybe sees something in Victor that we don't. He wouldn't let him move to hull, he could really have flogged him off easily if he didn't think he was up to much. But maybe he can see potential where no one else can? Certainly the goals against Brum last season and that Sydney team on Saturday were pretty handy and the pass to Seamus for the cross today was also a nice bit of weighting....believe he put him through for the peno, too and did he pass to Saha for our second as well?. He's a massive lump, could cause all sorts of problems if he's really up for it. Be interesting to see how this season develops.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 15 Jul 2010, 1:13 am

Super wrote:
Cheers for the link Super.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 15 Jul 2010, 8:53 am

Saha's finish was excellent, he makes it look so easy.

Starting to warm to Coleman over Hibbert, Still think Pip should start as No 1 RB, he (SC) looks a lot more confident going forward especially in the final third and heading in on goal. Hibbert just looks like a headless chicken in those situations.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Thu 15 Jul 2010, 8:55 am

Mr_Ben wrote:Saha's finish was excellent, he makes it look so easy.

Starting to warm to Coleman over Hibbert, Still think Pip should start as No 1 RB, he (SC) looks a lot more confident going forward especially in the final third and heading in on goal. Hibbert just looks like a headless chicken in those situations.

Apparently Hibbo did a good job at LB. Watch out Bainsy! drunken
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 15 Jul 2010, 11:42 am

From an Aussie on another forum:

the game was a great experience for me, just to see players of that quality play... rare over here

your boys were sluggish after the penalty about 1 minute into the game, looked soft from where i was sitting but i could have been wrong and it was probably there.

the new melbourne team was missing the star players i actually know, mostly ex Australian internationals. They were pretty attacking and created more opportunities, several of which were high quality and a few required quality saves. They have a couple of enourmous players who have good control but were a little slow and a couple of pacey players out wide both brazilian and aboriginal from what i can tell.

your first goal was a lovely cross met by a wall of blue and tidily put in the back of the neck via a surging knee or foot...

the second goal was a classy bit of foot work and lovely shot from saha that beat the keeper all heads up. they also had many other chances and despite being stretched by the heart out wide by pace they definitely looked the classier team who only kicked into top flight after the heart dented their pride with several narrowly missed opportunities

after the game several players did warm downs, a few were very gracious signing autographs and posing for photos. Of course our boy Timy Cahill made an effort but more than that he stayed for a long time and spent along time with all the fans, my misuses got his autograph so she was stoked and he even did his bit promoting the new melbourne team by wearing their shirt after the game.

to be honest i was really impressed with Everton's club culture, attitude and efforts... they will be welcomed back any time:)

i may even become a local evertonian:)
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 15 Jul 2010, 12:46 pm

Tonteau wrote:From an Aussie on another forum:

the game was a great experience for me, just to see players of that quality play... rare over here

your boys were sluggish after the penalty about 1 minute into the game, looked soft from where i was sitting but i could have been wrong and it was probably there.

the new melbourne team was missing the star players i actually know, mostly ex Australian internationals. They were pretty attacking and created more opportunities, several of which were high quality and a few required quality saves. They have a couple of enourmous players who have good control but were a little slow and a couple of pacey players out wide both brazilian and aboriginal from what i can tell.

your first goal was a lovely cross met by a wall of blue and tidily put in the back of the neck via a surging knee or foot...

the second goal was a classy bit of foot work and lovely shot from saha that beat the keeper all heads up. they also had many other chances and despite being stretched by the heart out wide by pace they definitely looked the classier team who only kicked into top flight after the heart dented their pride with several narrowly missed opportunities

after the game several players did warm downs, a few were very gracious signing autographs and posing for photos. Of course our boy Timy Cahill made an effort but more than that he stayed for a long time and spent along time with all the fans, my misuses got his autograph so she was stoked and he even did his bit promoting the new melbourne team by wearing their shirt after the game.

to be honest i was really impressed with Everton's club culture, attitude and efforts... they will be welcomed back any time:)

i may even become a local evertonian:)

Melbourne would be a nice place to live. Maybe Timmy is the money behind the Heart and setting himself up for his end-game?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Fri 16 Jul 2010, 9:26 pm

Goal highlights here:

http://www.footballorgin.com/2010/07/pre-season-tour-everton-2-0-melbourne.html

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5