606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brentford v Everton

+6
SEFTON
Knight of Thorgothshire
callmebubbles
Rotterdam 1985
Made 4 Gwladys
hairy cataract
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brentford v Everton Empty Brentford v Everton

Post  hairy cataract Sun 17 Sep 2023, 9:00 pm

Thought I might as well get straight onto this one.

I'm not going to waste time on the match - we're bound to lose it - so I'll get straight to the presser after the match:

Sean Dyche bemoaned his team's lack of luck in their 4-0 reversal at Brentford. "I thought we weren't far away to be honest, and again we didn't get what we deserved from the match. I can't complain about the effort, just a few details in both boxes is costing us at the moment. I'm confident that results will start going for us soon, if we keep up this level. Just a word about the ref, I can't see why we didn't get a penalty when Ashley Young tripped over his laces in the centre-circle, and fifteen minutes of added time was nowhere near enough considering how much time Brentford wasting celebrating their four goals."
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Brentford v Everton Empty Re: Brentford v Everton

Post  hairy cataract Mon 18 Sep 2023, 8:49 am

lol! just had a look at the OS, and this is what Dyche said after the Arsenal defeat: "“I don’t think we were a million miles away today ..... the details kill you in football; the details at both ends of the pitch. We’ve been guilty at both ends, quite obviously, but that’s the effective part of football."

That's how predictable he is.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 18 Sep 2023, 9:41 am

we'll lose... 4-0 probably right Hairy. I don't care as no points is no points regardless of how many we lose by.

fucking awful

oh yeah... Maupey is sure to score

booo Brentford v Everton 695251

Number of posts : 41029

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 18 Sep 2023, 9:59 am

I'm not sure what else he can be saying to be honest, he has to walk a tightrope between being honest and not doing his team and his players down in public.

That said, I also get irritated by the regular disclaimer that "the effort was there". This is the absolute minimum that fans expect from their highly-paid heroes. If we're using that as a positive to take from yet another defeat then the barrel is being well and truly scraped. We're not that far away from "well, all 11 players turned up for the match day coach on time and only three of them were hungover, which is nice, an improvement on last week after Tarko's barbecue got a bit out of hand". It would be nice to hear a bit more info on where we are genuinely improving, maybe point out some things that aren't obvious to those of us not at Finch Farm all week. But Dyche, like most managers, probably sees these interviews as chores that just need to be got out of the way with a few well-worn clichés and catchphrases.

Fuck building regs, I might build my next house extension myself. I can assure you that the effort will be there, I'll work 10-12 hours per day solid, to build that thing. OK so it will be a dangerous, condemned wreck upon completion, because I don't know what the fuck I'm doing to ensure it's strong enough to survive a storm or, indeed, a large relative leaning against the wall. But the effort will be there. When the council tell me to demolish it I'll just point out that there were just a couple of minor details to iron out at either end - specifically that the foundations are only two inches deep and the roof is held on with Gorilla glue. But you can't bemoan the effort.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14824
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 18 Sep 2023, 12:11 pm

He could say; “I set us up to KITAP1 but the lads seemed to forget about the P1 element of it. I take responsibility for the tactics which just didn’t work today. We were a bit slow because we haven’t got much pace in the team at the moment. It could have been more I suppose but I’m disappointed we couldn’t steal a point. Let’s be honest, we’re going to need to improve all over the park if we’re to avoid relegation.”
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Mon 18 Sep 2023, 2:11 pm

Didn't go yesterday, won't watch highlights and trousered another easy £50 betting on the opposition. Wont' go next week, won't watch highlights then will probably pocket another tidy sum.
Will go to Luton game, if we dont't win, that will probably be it for me this season, as if we can't beat them, we won't win a game all season. Will obviously bet on Luton and expect to win.
It's the hope that always gets you, but as there is pretty much no hope, it makes the grim reality a lot clearer.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5547
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 20 Sep 2023, 5:11 pm

I'm likely to miss this match, intentionally. Can't recall the last time this happened.

I'm just not feeling it, as yanks put it.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74425

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 22 Sep 2023, 11:01 pm

Nothing changes on this board ,the negativity is rife, well got news for you all?
We will get three points tomorrow,Beto will get a brace we win 0-2 .

UTFTs cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10609
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 23 Sep 2023, 1:24 am

SEFTON wrote:Nothing changes on this board ,the negativity is rife, well got news for you all?

UTFTs cheers

Err, there's a reason for this, Sef! We are dog shit. Objectively fucking awful.

I admire your optimism though, let's hope that we defy form and logic and prove you right. I am now the self-appointed chief executive of the Play Beto And DCL Together club, and I will declare personal jihad on Dyche if he doesn't do this soon. We may as well, eh?

I can't lie though, I find any kind of Everton optimism baffling right now. My lad emerged from his pit (bedroom) yesterday to declare that he too is feeling confident about the Brentford game. He does this every week, last weekend he was telling me his masterplan to batter Arsenal. I looked at him like he'd just told me the moon is made of toast. I don't know where his optimism comes from. He doesn't remember us finishing 4th and all he's had to cling on to in his 24 years on this mortal coil are a few respectable seasons under Moyes, Bobby's first season, and that fortnight under Carlo when we were top (hilarious to think that was only three years ago, incidentally). His optimism makes me laugh, breaks my heart and pisses me off in equal measure.

Very occasionally, I will sheepishly ask him if he's fucked off with me for imposing this weekly desolation on him. I think I would actually prefer it if he turned round and said "well, yeah, to be honest I do think you're a bit of a cunt for dumping this hereditary misery on me, you've ruined my life. Twat." That would confirm to me that he's thinking straight. Instead he looks at me as though he doesn't understand the question. Born not manufactured. The club and the fanbase will survive long after the current custodians have taken their cut and fucked off. We just may have to see football hell on earth first, before we achieve our nirvana. Storm's a-comin', but the storm will pass.

Yeah, I've had a drink. It's Friday.

So anyway, I do admire the Everton optimists, honestly. Until very recently I counted myself as one. But I resigned from that club once I ran out of any semblance of logic to back up my optimism.

With all that said....I do have this funny feeling that we'll be better away this season than at home. Sorry, season ticket holders. Or maybe that should read "we'll be less awful away than at home". There's something about how we play, how Dyche plays, that makes me think that we'll have more chance when the home team has to take the initiative, and we have more reason to just sit deep and keep it tight and hit DCL AND BETO on the counter. And the more Branthwaite and Tarko play together, the more I think we might just be able to tighten up a bit at the back.

And they're missing Toney and Henry, two players who have caused us many an issue in the past....So fuck it. Brentford 1 (Maupay) Everton 4 (DCL 2, Beto 2). Let's fucking do this, and logic be damned. The optimist in me fights back. Very Happy

(Nurse, can I have some more of that medication that you gave me an hour ago please? Yeah the one that tastes like cherryade. That hit the spot.)
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 23 Sep 2023, 2:49 pm

Well put Rotts.

Anyway, our game is on national TV in the US.

And although I had sworn I was not going to watch the game, I'm starting to re-think it. We fans really are a bunch of dummies. It's as if we are addicts and say to ourselves "that was the last hit of the crack, I'm done, not doing this again" to just a few days later, or maybe less time in some cases, go for another hit.

Sigh. Rolling Eyes
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 23 Sep 2023, 5:51 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Well put Rotts.

Anyway, our game is on national TV in the US.

And although I had sworn I was not going to watch the game, I'm starting to re-think it. We fans really are a bunch of dummies. It's as if we are addicts and say to ourselves "that was the last hit of the crack, I'm done, not doing this again" to just a few days later, or maybe less time in some cases, go for another hit.

Sigh. Rolling Eyes

Watch it Watch it!!!
Here comes the Duke!
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 23 Sep 2023, 7:29 pm

cheers what's the problem

COYB cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 23 Sep 2023, 7:30 pm

SEFTON wrote:Nothing changes on this board ,the negativity is rife, well got news for you all?

UTFTs cheers

All hail King Sef. Patron Saint of optimists.

cheers
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 23 Sep 2023, 7:39 pm

Tempted to add Brentford to the relegation mix after that. Don't want to take any gloss from our victory but they were shite.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 23 Sep 2023, 7:39 pm

Never in doubt. Always confident. So confident, I had a small bet on a draw when we went 3-1 up. Lol. Actually a decent performance and we deserved to win. Vital next 2 games!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 23 Sep 2023, 8:28 pm

I think we might win the double at least.

Having said that, Brentford were shite.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 23 Sep 2023, 8:52 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

UTFTs cheers

All hail King Sef. Patron Saint of optimists.

cheers
Brentford v Everton Action-s

king

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 23 Sep 2023, 10:11 pm

Big up sef, big up Rotts’ lad and big up the toffees!
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sun 24 Sep 2023, 12:02 am

Tonteau wrote:Big up sef, big up Rotts’ lad and big up the toffees!

Thank you kind sir, it was with tongue in cheek and gritted teeth I decided to go rebellious 😂😂.
Not like me is it . cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10609
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 24 Sep 2023, 1:40 am

I've watched MoTD and seen some further highlights. I was tempted to go into a bit of detail here as to what I thought we did well today, what still worries me, etc etc.

But nah. I'm just going to enjoy that rare high of an Everton win for another few days without overthinking it. The missus walked into the room earlier, where me and my lad were watching the Burnley v Man U game, and commented that we were talking as though we were drunk. That was at about 8.30, I was on my first glass. Everton does that to you. Specifically, Everton wins, when they are so rare.

It's only one win, the problems haven't gone away. But the performance, even more than the points, give me some reason for hope. And someone said on Twitter tonight that we took Beto off and put DCL on, and the threat to their back line wasn't diminished in any way. That's a good point. As long as they both stay fit...

I maintain that points on the road might be what keeps us up this season.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 24 Sep 2023, 2:31 am

Don't any of you start claiming that you're great optimists.
Did any of you predict a EFC win on this week's tipster? No you did not.
I claim optimist of the week award.
It's amazing what a single win can do for your weekend.
Brentford v Everton Food-smi
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 24 Sep 2023, 3:37 am

I have a confession to make; I stated I was NOT going to watch the game but I did. And I'm so happy I did! cheers cheers cheers lol! lol!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 24 Sep 2023, 7:30 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Don't any of you start claiming that you're great optimists.
Did any of you predict a EFC win on this week's tipster? No you did not.
I claim optimist of the week award.
It's amazing what a single win can do for your weekend.
Brentford v Everton Food-smi
Sef had a 0-2 win, so you lose Yank Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sun 24 Sep 2023, 8:32 am

A strange game. We actually dominated, but because we were less shit than they were. Both teams gave the ball away repeatedly but scoring early really helped and they were dreadful until the equaliser.
For once, we didnt fall apart, still managed to give the ball away less than them and actually created chances. And we actually managed to put another couple away!!! Most impressively, we didnt slack off and try to hold on to what we've got, we actually still controlled the game and still looked most likely to score, apart from that melee in our box.
Overall we were pretty good, but they were really really shit. Hopefully the same happens in the next 2 home games and we can have some breathing space.
It's only one win and we will still be battling relegation, but we fucking enjoyed it and me.and my lad knocked a few back in celebration.
So what do we do for the Villa game? Play a strong team to build confidence, hoping we dont get anyone injured, or do we rest loads?
Personally I would rest most of them and make sure the starting line up for Luton is fully fit and up for it.
Virginia, Patterson, Keane, Godfrey, Mykolenko, Danjuma, Onana, Garner, Onyango, Chermiti, Beto. Probaby lose 4-0 again but the Luton game is really vital. Lose that and all the momentum of the Brentford game disappears. Our squad is paper thin so we cant risk injuries to vital players, and we wont win at Villa whatever team we put out.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 24 Sep 2023, 9:44 am

I've only seen the highlights; that looked very scrappy, but a win is a win.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next