606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14 - Beto

+7
SEFTON
Da Judge
Tonteau
Rotterdam 1985
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

14 - Beto - Page 2 Empty Re: 14 - Beto

Post  SEFTON Fri 25 Aug - 23:04

It’s been reported tonight that Everton have upped their initial offer of 25million euro’s to 30 million euros with add ons ,
Calculating to £31million for the signature of Striker Beto,Udenese appear to have excepted this latest offer,Beto is expected to complete a medical in 24/48 hours .
48 hours that’s the killer time scale well known to Evertonians ,also Masson Holgate completes a loan move to Southampton after Everton agree to pay half his 72k a week wages ,they have just sold war-prowes and Lavia for a combined £90 millon but, Southampton can’t afford Holgates wages,Our master negotiator Bill Kenwright is (allegedly)unwell according to Alan Brazil of Talksport the very fact he’s used Talksport to announce this makes it more like fake news.
Think Che Adam’s deal has collapsed Everton tried to use Holgate as part of the deal but nothing materialised .
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 25 Aug - 23:55

SEFTON wrote:It’s been reported tonight that Everton have upped their initial offer of 25million euro’s to 30 million euros with add ons ,
Calculating to £31million for the signature of Striker Beto,Udenese appear to have excepted this latest offer,Beto is expected to complete a medical in 24/48 hours .
48 hours that’s the killer time scale well known to Evertonians ,also Masson Holgate completes a loan move to Southampton after Everton agree to pay half his 72k a week wages ,they have just sold war-prowes and Lavia for a combined £90 millon but, Southampton can’t afford Holgates wages,Our master negotiator Bill Kenwright is (allegedly)unwell according to Alan Brazil of Talksport the very fact he’s used Talksport to announce this makes it more like fake news.
Think Che Adam’s deal has collapsed Everton tried to use Holgate as part of the deal but nothing materialised .

If - IF - IF - we sign Beto then, believe me, I'll be able to cope with the Che Adams deal falling through. Nothing against Adams as such, it's just that this looks way more like what we need.

But you mention that 24/48 hours thing! Lol, yep exactly. I've just picked my eldest up from the pub, he's been there watching the game with a couple of his Chelsea mates. He's buzzing about the fact that Beto appears to be close according to trusted Twitter accounts, he's wanted this fella all summer. My lad is only 24 though, bless him, he doesn't fully understand the nature of that 24/48 hour Twilight Zone that sees so many Everton "deals" disappear without trace.

He's also forgotten that this conversation is likely to take place between Beto and the fella next to him on the plane in First Class, as he flies in for his medical:

Fella on plane: "Jesus you're a big fella, are you a boxer?"

Beto: "Lol nah, I'm a footballer, I'm a big bastard striker for Udinese, just flying to Merseyside for a medical with Everton."

Fella on plane: "Really? Well it just so happens that I'm the Chief Exec of Tottenham Hotspur."

Beto: "Tottenham? Like, the club in London that isn't in perennial relegation trouble and would be the laughing stock of English football if it wasn't for Everton and, to a certain extent, Chelsea?"

Fella on plane: "Yep, that's right. Fancy signing for us?"

Beto: "...............yeah alright."

So, I'm going to spend a little while (24/48 hours, maybe) wistfully imagining what it would be like to have DCL and Beto playing up top for us in a proper 4-4-2. Someone on Twitter said the other day that, at the very least, we should be proper fucking nasty to play against right now, even if the quality isn't there. Beto and a fit DCL would be nasty.

And yet...until the introductory bideo drops, I'll remain somewhat sceptical.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14844
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 26 Aug - 9:59

bounce  14 - Beto - Page 2 Fotty  bounce .. pleeeeease let this happen !!!

Fabrizio Romano says ‘rapid’ striker has ‘already accepted’ Everton move

Everton are seemingly looking to bring in more reinforcements up front before the transfer window shuts next week.

The Toffees have already made several attacking signings this summer. Chermiti, Arnaut Danjuma and Jack Harrison are all on board at Goodison Park.

However, Everton are yet to bring in a new senior striker. And with Dominic Calvert-Lewin being on the sidelines again, the Toffees really need to get a move over the line.

Fabrizio Romano has now taken to X with an update about one key Everton target, Beto of Udinese.

The transfer insider says the Toffees and the Zebrette will discuss a deal for the Portuguese striker today.

Everton have made a £25.8million proposal for Beto, but Udinese apparently want “a bit more”.

The structure of the deal and add-ons could play a big part in getting a deal over the line, added Romano.

Player-side, Everton are in a good place. Apparently Beto has “already accepted the move” to Goodison.

https://tbrfootball.com/fabrizio-romano-says-rapid-striker-has-already-accepted-everton-move/

Number of posts : 41046
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sat 26 Aug - 10:22

Is he actually any good?

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 26 Aug - 10:55

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Is he actually any good?
allegedly yes... very good..

...however we were led to believe that too about Sandro, Tosun, Maupey, Niasse... etc etc so a lottery I reckon..

but surely a gamble we have to take

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 26 Aug - 11:10

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Is he actually any good?

He'd better be.

My lad pays more attention to European footy than me these days, and he'll be very happy if this lad signs. His take is that he's quick, strong and a good finisher, but his touch and technique could be better.

That all sounds like a budget Lukaku, IMO. But as M4G says, we won't know for sure until we've got him. I don't think there's any doubt that he's better than the options available to us today, and will improve the team and squad.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sat 26 Aug - 17:25

I enjoy the enthusiasm fellas, but it isn't going to happen is it?

What are the 5 stages of madness? Denial, anger, delusion, depression and acceptance? I've been in depression for a while, but am happily moving into acceptance now. Seems like a few of you will be into depression soon.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 26 Aug - 18:50

Goodison_Gringo wrote:I enjoy the enthusiasm fellas, but it isn't going to happen is it?

What are the 5 stages of madness? Denial, anger, delusion, depression and acceptance? I've been in depression for a while, but am happily moving into acceptance now. Seems like a few of you will be into depression soon.

No fucking way will I ever get to depression, we can still win the league, just need Beto and all will be well.

Sorry, I’m still in a very mixed denial/anger/delusion stage.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 26 Aug - 22:02

Made the mistake of watching the YouTube bideo and…….

I don’t get it. He doesn’t look premier league level, he looks clumsy and awkward. Better than nothing but £30m? Eek
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 27 Aug - 0:56

hairy cataract wrote:Made the mistake of watching the YouTube bideo and…….  

I don’t get it. He doesn’t look premier league level, he looks clumsy and awkward. Better than nothing but £30m? Eek

My lad swears that he'll be good for us, he knows European footy better than me and he's right more often than he's wrong. I accept, however, that his judgement may be clouded somewhat by our current desperate situation. We just won't know, until he's here. I've watched approximately two hours of Serie A football in the last two seasons. From what I've seen of him (which isn't much, probably the same youtube vids that you've seen) he does proper striker things, and I think Dyche will love him.

I suppose overpaying for someone who might score 8 or 9 league goals this season is better than not paying anything and being left with Maupay and a broken DCL as striker options. Didn't Lukaku look clumsy and awkward at times? It's the fact that he looks like a nasty fucker that appeals to me the most. Someone on Twitter said the other day that, as a minimum, Everton should be fucking horrible to play against right now. In an earlier tweet I mentioned the 1994-95 season and the shit start we made. We got out of that with Royle's Dogs of War. I think we need something similar. We should still sign Morelos, thinking about it. Now he is unpleasant. Bring back Funes Mori, and van den Hauwe. Fuck it, bring back Dunc. Sign Putin on loan (visa permitting), he's not very nice. And Philip Schofield. Horrible bastard.

Anyway, we clearly have no cash on the hip and all of our transfer intransigence this summer is down to us trying to negotiate "buy now pay in 36 months" deals. If he's shit then we should invoke the Sale of Goods Act 2015, which should entitle us to a full refund within 30 days if the purchase turns out to be faulty.

Why don't football clubs offer "buy one get one free" sales? And who's looking forward to our "CLOSING DOWN SALE - EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!" sale in a year or two's time? And aren't there any footballer bargains to be had on eBay? I once bought a really decent Technics stereo system for the reserve price of £1. Is Thelwell even checking eBay? Gumtree? Freecycle?

Sorry for the waffling. I'm both pissed and depressed.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 27 Aug - 8:03

I hope your lad is right. If he’s wrong, give him kick in the bollocks from me.

I’m not pissed but I’m deffo depressed. We need a good finisher desperately but the rest of the team is utter shit right now.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 27 Aug - 9:28

hairy cataract wrote:I hope your lad is right. If he’s wrong, give him kick in the bollocks from me.

I’m not pissed but I’m deffo depressed. We need a good finisher desperately but the rest of the team is utter shit right now.

My own theory is that the absence of proper centre forward play just knocks everything else off-kilter. We're a poor side right now but I suspect that we'd be a bit better than we're currently showing, if only we had proper centre forwards for the team to work around.

So for me it's not just goals from a proper striker that matter here (although they will of course be both important and welcome). It's the fact that we just can't operate as a normally-functioning football team, full stop, until we get someone up there who can do what strikers are supposed to do both with the ball and off the ball.

This is where I have reasonably (cautiously) high hopes for Beto. How does a striker occupy a defence? In three ways, mostly - strength, speed and movement. I'll mention again the interview I once saw with Dean Richards, the old Spurs CB, about the nightmare of trying to deal with Thierry Henry. He was so quick and elusive, he said, that even when the ball was at the other end of the pitch, say for a corner, Richards was still shitting himself about where Henry was. Well, clearly Beto is no Henry but we know he's strong, and he does look quick.

Now compared to dealing with the threat of, say, Maupay, this could result in a change to how the oppo approaches a game against Everton, whereby they may elect to delegate an extra player - say a full back or defensive midfielder - to help deal with that threat in certain situations. I can imagine CBs, when faced with the prospect of dealing with Maupay, just saying to their team-mates "you crack on further forward lads, we're OK here". That just gives them more license to dominate midfield, or send full backs on to overlap and overload our defence.

That's very much a tactical oversimplification, for the purposes of trying to explain the theory rattling around in my head. I'm just saying that his impact may be above and beyond mere goals, and can have a ripple effect on both how we set up and play, and how the oppo set up and play. It's been so long since DCL had a proper run in the team that I think we've actually forgotten what proper centre forward play looks like. Until you watch someone else - i.e. the Michail Antonio masterclass for West Ham yesterday. He's getting slower and slower with age but he still terrorised Brighton. No way are West Ham winning that game with some kind of Maupay equivalent up top.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 27 Aug - 11:07

I hear what you’re saying but I fear the malaise runs too deep. We’re a regressive club in a progressive league. We’re so far behind the likes of Brentford and Brighton that we look like we should be in a special Retro League - not just our squad and the way we play, but the ownership and management of the club.  We’re a three legged donkey in a field of thoroughbreds. We’re Nora Batty in a roomful of K Pop girl bands. We’re Stan Boardman at the Edinburgh Fringe.

A new pair of tights won’t take Nora Batty to the Top 30.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 27 Aug - 11:39

hairy cataract wrote:I hear what you’re saying but I fear the malaise runs too deep. We’re a regressive club in a progressive league. We’re so far behind the likes of Brentford and Brighton that we look like we should be in a special Retro League - not just our squad and the way we play, but the ownership and management of the club.  We’re a three legged donkey in a field of thoroughbreds. We’re Nora Batty in a roomful of K Pop girl bands. We’re Stan Boardman at the Edinburgh Fringe.

A new pair of tights won’t take Nora Batty to the Top 30.

lol!  I like a good analogy and there are some crackers there.

I understand. I don't blame any Evertonian for feeling bereft of any hope whatsoever. I suppose my mindset change is this - from thinking that we simply need to survive until we get into the new stadium, to just needing to stay afloat until we get meaningful regime change.

And anyway, I don't see Beto as a panacea for all of our ills, of course. He would just make another scrappy relegation survival act a bit more feasible. He's no more than that, really.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 27 Aug - 13:04

hairy cataract wrote:We’re a regressive club in a progressive league. .

Holy whatsits. The best sound bite this year.

....and now we've signed four number 9s and no number 10.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 28 Aug - 17:22

Bobble says done deal.

Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 28 Aug - 18:34

I hope he works out for us. The fact we’ve supposedly been after him for a while hopefully shows some kind of overarching recruitment strategy.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 28 Aug - 18:52

Can't say I know much about him, but we need strikers, so hopefully he'll be on the OS before too long holding the shirt.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 28 Aug - 19:16

From what I've read - and I do my best to filter out the trustworthy stuff from the chaff - it seems to me that this deal is a bit of a triumph for Thelwell.

His remit appears to have been "go and get us a striker who will make a difference right now. Just one snag - we can't pay any money for 12 months, so it'll have to be on tick with no deposit." And he's done it. For context, Forest have just turned down a £43m offer from Brentford for Brennan Johnson. Forwards cost money.

In normal times, if we were mid-table and we'd got this deal done in July, we'd all be thinking "great, we've brought a new striker in, happy days." As it is, after two years of getting by with minimal options up front, with the transfer window clock ticking, and with no goals in three games this season, we're petrified of this lad being a dud.

To me, he looks the part. But none of us will know for sure until he's banging in the goals. Just cross your fingers and hope. If this lad slots in nicely then DCL doesn't have to be rushed back and Chermitti can be allowed to develop at a pace that's right for a teenager.

If we can just get one more CB in this week before the window closes, then Thelwell at least will have done a pretty good job in very difficult circumstances for a DoF.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Tue 29 Aug - 13:16

Looks like they found the pen and he signed.

fourdoors

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Tue 29 Aug - 13:22

I always wanted to play there because of the city, the derby and everything. I think the fans at Everton are a little bit more of a step up than the other fans so I am excited to play in front of them.

What, us?

fourdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 29 Aug - 13:37

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3658570/beto-signs-for-everton
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 29 Aug - 13:38

I should have added, he is hopefully ready to hit the ground running. We need that.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Tue 29 Aug - 13:47

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I should have added, he is hopefully ready to hit the ground running. We need that.

He should be. He played 75 minutes of the 3:0 home defeat to Juventus.

He'll probably tear his hamstring in training, though.

fourdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 29 Aug - 14:21

fourdoors wrote:

I always wanted to play there because of the city, the derby and everything. I think the fans at Everton are a little bit more of a step up than the other fans so I am excited to play in front of them.

What, us?

He spoke to Deulofeu, and Gerry told him how great we were as fans. I strongly suspect that's because we had a song for Gerry (also Gerry had the good fortune to leave us before we reacquainted ourselves with relegation battles).

So my theory is, having a song sung in your name during rare moments of joy is more than enough to offset everything else the GP crowd shouts at you, including "SHITHOUSE", "NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT", "COULDN'T HIT A COW'S ARSE WITH A BANJO" and "FUCK OFF YER CUNT".

If we'd made more of an effort to sing this at Lukaku, he might still be playing for us. Instead we spent too much time moaning about his first touch. Sigh...

Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next