606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton - Leicester

+2
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
6 posters

Go down

Everton - Leicester Empty Everton - Leicester

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 05 Nov 2022, 5:05 pm

Can we get the three points....?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton - Leicester Empty Re: Everton - Leicester

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 05 Nov 2022, 5:07 pm

Everton - Leicester 8004d210
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 05 Nov 2022, 5:07 pm

And Leicester.

Everton - Leicester C55ee210
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 05 Nov 2022, 5:39 pm

All Leicester in the opening 5 mins
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 05 Nov 2022, 6:05 pm

We keep giving the ball away trying to play out form the back.

Anyway, off to the fireworks...
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 05 Nov 2022, 6:30 pm

Stunning goal by Leicester. Can't say it's not been coming either.

We really struggle to create much. DCL ends up being pretty isolated.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 05 Nov 2022, 7:23 pm

booooooooo Everton - Leicester Moon

Number of posts : 40996

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 05 Nov 2022, 8:12 pm

We're not that good are we?
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 05 Nov 2022, 9:50 pm

Utter abysmal shite.

Do you think Leicester would sell us Maddison?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 05 Nov 2022, 9:51 pm

Armchair wrote:We're not that good are we?

No. Better than last season but still not great.

This is a blip in our steady progress, but let's not get too down - Leicester are just better than us, and this probably wasn't a good time to play them now they're not conceding 5 per game and moving up the table. It was noticeable how much harder we had to work to string passes together than them.

I asked my lad at half time to compare Leicester to how Palace looked, given that I didn't see that game. He said it wasn't possible to compare because we were so much better ourselves against Palace. That's who we are - we're still having to battle for everything, still probably trying to knit things together in certain areas, and we will be inconsistent.

Just as we shouldn't get carried away by beating Palace, so we don't need to get the razor blades out today. Leicester have tightened up at the back with that hairy lad looking like a really good signing. Bournemouth are leaking goals left right and centre. If we can sign off for the WC break with a result there then that'll be nice. Unlike today, that's a genuine relegation 6-pointer in my book so a win would be nice, but not losing that one is essential.

I don't think we'll go down this season. Neither do I see us actually getting out of the scrap. At the moment I can see a Walter Smith-type season playing out, where we'll never feel safe but should just about keep our heads above water.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14802
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sat 05 Nov 2022, 11:23 pm

Some days you just have to forget it and move on. The burning question is 'how many of those days will we have for the remainder of the season?. That was was utter pedestrian crap. Zero movement everytime we had the ball. Lots of strolls down dead ends. We've had a few performances like that this season, but usualy we've managed to be solid at the back. Today we weren't, everyone had a mare.

Maybe the only positive is that we don't have to keep reading shite about whether DCL can make a late charge for the World Cup (regardless of his injury today, he's played about 10 games in a year and a half FFS.) Tarkowski didn't does his chances any favours today either, but that suits us I guess.

Anyway, without stating the obvious, we need some decent attacking reinforcements in Jan. Not holding my breath though.

Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 06 Nov 2022, 8:45 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Some days you just have to forget it and move on. The burning question is 'how many of those days will we have for the remainder of the season?. That was was utter pedestrian crap. Zero movement everytime we had the ball. Lots of strolls down dead ends. We've had a few performances like that this season, but usualy we've managed to be solid at the back. Today we weren't, everyone had a mare.

Maybe the only positive is that we don't have to keep reading shite about whether DCL can make a late charge for the World Cup (regardless of his injury today, he's played about 10 games in a year and a half FFS.) Tarkowski didn't does his chances any favours today either, but that suits us I guess.

Anyway, without stating the obvious, we need some decent attacking reinforcements in Jan. Not holding my breath though.

Yeah, it's clear we can't rely on having DCL available. We need another quality forward but I'm not sure we can afford one.

No way will DCL go to Qatar. He'd pick up an injury boarding the plane.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 06 Nov 2022, 9:31 am

Surely DCL was never going to Qatar? Setting aside his injuries, I can’t see him as better than any of the alternatives. I think DCL to the World Cup was just paper talk.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 06 Nov 2022, 10:29 am

hairy cataract wrote:Surely DCL was never going to Qatar? Setting aside his injuries, I can’t see him as better than any of the alternatives. I think DCL to the World Cup was just paper talk.
If you wind back to the mid-end of last season when the Barcodes wanted him for 80 million, before he started to crumble into glass fragments he was probably no2 behind Kane to board the plane... now he's about no. 25 on the World Cup selection list & worth about 25 pence or a packet of out of date Walkers Cheese & Onion crisps.

Number of posts : 40996

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 06 Nov 2022, 3:23 pm

A few things to reflect upon a day after the game.

- We are really lacking for speed. Watching bits and pieces of Chelsea - Arsenal and now Villa - Man U, and even the difference between us and Leicester, it's so obvious how much more cumbersome and slow we are in our play compared to other teams.

- Moving the ball forward - when Arsenal were up against Chelsea earlier today, when they got the ball in their own half they still played it forward. There were quite a few times when they lost possession in the Chelsea half, but when that happened the Arsenal players were likely thinking "OK, we lost possession of the ball, but when we did, it was deep in the Chelsea half. It's fooking difficult for Chelsea to score when they have the ball some 25-30 yards from their own fooking goal". Some of these balls they lost possession on were longer balls straight down the pitch, none of this sideways/backwards shite.

- Spatial awareness, something that especially Grey and McNeil have no fooking clue about. Grey will skin a player just to then stand on the ball and wait until the very same fooking player gets back to close him down and then Grey tries and skin him again. A lot of times there are now two defenders on him and he loses possession. I mean, what the fook? Get past the player and fooking attack the goal! Defenders generally hate it when they get a player attacking them straight on. McNeil, well, he is so predictable. He has no right foot, literally, ok not literally, but fooking close, so he always turns inwards to his right in a 90 degree to 180 degree move. Defenders can therefore easily close him down. And what about the high clearance that one of our defenders did in our box and McNeil looks up at the sky, tries to track the ball, fails in doing so and runs around like a headless chicken nowhere near the ball. If it weren't so fooking bad, I'd laugh at it. Comedy hour.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down