606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless

+7
Armchair
Tonteau
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
callmebubbles
Yankthattoffee
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 3 Empty Re: 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 13 Aug 2023, 3:29 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I'm starting to feel a bit for him. He's at least now getting into the right spots, but just insists on trying to strike the ball through the goalie instead of picking a corner. He should have had 2 goals yesterday, Duke 1, and we win 3-1. But it wasn't to be.

I know we are rather critical, or arguably rightly so, of his performances, but the abuse his social media account(s) has (have) received is uncalled for. We're better than that.

Then this crops up and let's consider this loan....

Everton sign Jack Harrison on loan from Leeds United
Striker had looked likely to join Leicester City in January, instead signed a new deal at Leeds, but has now moved to Goodison Parkial media account(s) has (have) received is uncalled for. We're better than that.[/quote]
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 3 Empty Re: 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 01 Sep 2023, 2:55 pm

Didn't see this one coming...

Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14843
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 01 Sep 2023, 3:11 pm

He'll be great for them, you just know it. Team set up to play to his strengths. Leaves us very weak in the wide forward area.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 01 Sep 2023, 3:47 pm

Tonteau wrote:He'll be great for them, you just know it. Team set up to play to his strengths. Leaves us very weak in the wide forward area.

There has to be someone else coming in. Groundhog Day I know - I'd have said the same thing on this board both in January and deadline day a year ago - but we can't let depth like Maupay and Cannon go without replacing them with something.

Remember that the Saudi transfer deadline is next week, so even if Gray doesn't go today, he could be gone next week.

So as things stand in respect of forward positions, we've brought in Beto, Chermiti, Harrison and Danjuma. We've let go (or are about to let go) Simms, Cannon, Iwobi, Maupay and probably Gray. But we're not supposed to be simply replicating what we had last season, in terms of both numbers and quality. We're supposed to try and get better. Which we've done in the number 9 position, but I still think we're at least one forward light.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 01 Sep 2023, 4:02 pm

Just as I was warming to him....

Does seem like we are upgrading player by player rather than increasing the depth of the squad. Harrison for Iwobi, Danjuma for Maupay, Young for my sadly deceased nan, maybe Gnonto for Gray, Beto for the invisible man, Branthwaite for Mina, Chermiti for Cannon, a packet of crisps for Holgate. Have I missed anyone?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 01 Sep 2023, 4:34 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Just as I was warming to him....

Does seem like we are upgrading player by player rather than increasing the depth of the squad.   Harrison for Iwobi, Danjuma for Maupay, Young for my sadly deceased nan, maybe Gnonto for Gray, Beto for the invisible man, Branthwaite for Mina, Chermiti for Cannon, a packet of crisps for Holgate.  Have I missed anyone?

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 3 F_laugh 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 3 F_laugh (also RIP Crying or Very sad )

It appears it's like for like, not like we didn't have massive struggles with squad depth last season, though. I guess we have a few players with not much time on their contracts probably earning quite fat wages, so a clearout seems sensible. Just looked like Dyche had found a place for Maupay working with Danjuma/Beto against Doncaster. Bit of a shame as I was willing him to come good.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 01 Sep 2023, 5:58 pm

Tonteau wrote:

Does seem like we are upgrading player by player rather than increasing the depth of the squad.   Harrison for Iwobi, Danjuma for Maupay, Young for my sadly deceased nan, maybe Gnonto for Gray, Beto for the invisible man, Branthwaite for Mina, Chermiti for Cannon, a packet of crisps for Holgate.  Have I missed anyone?

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 3 F_laugh 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 3 F_laugh (also RIP  Crying or Very sad )

It appears it's like for like, not like we didn't have massive struggles with squad depth last season, though. I guess we have a few players with not much time on their contracts probably earning quite fat wages, so a clearout seems sensible. Just looked like Dyche had found a place for Maupay working with Danjuma/Beto against Doncaster. Bit of a shame as I was willing him to come good.

To be fair, my nan died 30 years ago, but it's taken Everton that long to replace her.  Typical really.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 01 Sep 2023, 8:27 pm

What I do know is the statistically strong ex-Maupuy effect. Once Maupuy leaves a club, that club in the following season achieves its highest performance in the Premiership.Fingers crossed

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 01 Sep 2023, 8:29 pm

Lil Tom. Coady. Townsend.

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 3 F_whistl
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 01 Sep 2023, 8:41 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

With no more incomings (which seems to be looking likely), and Maupay, Cannon and Iwobi probablyl outgoing, we look a but fucked on numbers. This year, we'll have sold or got rid of Gordon, Mina, Davies, Simms, Cannon, Iwobi, Maupay, Begovic, Gray, Holgate, Coady and Townsend, and brought in Harrison, Danjuma, Beto, Young and Chermiti. And Branthwaite & Virginia back from loan I suppose. That's 12 out and seven in isn't it? Or have I missed anyone?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 01 Sep 2023, 8:44 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

With no more incomings (which seems to be looking likely), and Maupay, Cannon and Iwobi probablyl outgoing, we look a but fucked on numbers.  This year, we'll have sold or got rid of Gordon, Mina, Davies, Simms, Cannon, Iwobi, Maupay, Begovic, Gray, Holgate, Coady and Townsend, and brought in Harrison, Danjuma, Beto, Young and Chermiti.  And Branthwaite & Virginia back from loan I suppose.  That's 12 out and seven in isn't it?  Or have I missed anyone?
Maybe Dyche has confidence in a few young uns.
Dobbin for one, but little else tat we've seen.
Either that or we are even more severely fecked with our finances.
Coukd there be a turn around with Iwobi and Gray, and they stay?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 01 Sep 2023, 9:14 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

With no more incomings (which seems to be looking likely), and Maupay, Cannon and Iwobi probablyl outgoing, we look a but fucked on numbers.  This year, we'll have sold or got rid of Gordon, Mina, Davies, Simms, Cannon, Iwobi, Maupay, Begovic, Gray, Holgate, Coady and Townsend, and brought in Harrison, Danjuma, Beto, Young and Chermiti.  And Branthwaite & Virginia back from loan I suppose.  That's 12 out and seven in isn't it?  Or have I missed anyone?
Maybe Dyche has confidence in a few young uns.
Dobbin for one, but little else tat we've seen.
Either that or we are even more severely fecked with our finances.
Coukd there be a turn around with Iwobi and Gray, and they stay?

I feel a bit of a fool for allowing myself to think that this deadline day would be different.

Until about 10am this morning, this felt like an OK window. Then we started shipping players out left right and centre, with no apparent rush to replace them. The old sinking feeling returned.

So, once again, one moderately bad injury crisis in Feb or March could see us completely and utterly fucked.

Beto or not, I'm back to my relegation acceptance zen state.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 01 Sep 2023, 9:17 pm

BTW Yank, in answer to your thoughts around the youngsters being our saviours, this is how the U-21s have started their season...

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 3 Delete74
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 01 Sep 2023, 9:52 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:BTW Yank, in answer to your thoughts around the youngsters being our saviours, this is how the U-21s have started their season...

That’s cos all the good ones have been drafted into the first team or sold.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 02 Sep 2023, 2:00 am

Tonteau wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:BTW Yank, in answer to your thoughts around the youngsters being our saviours, this is how the U-21s have started their season...

Yeah and Iwobi goes to Fulham at 1:00am. Go figure.
No time for a replacement.
Just nuts.

Loose Cannon.

and....we get nothing for this guy

"Everton midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin has left the club a year before the end of his deal.

The 27-year-old joined from Mainz for £25m in 2019 but only played eight games in an injury-ridden spell.

He can now find a new club outside of the transfer window."
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 02 Sep 2023, 2:07 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Yeah and Iwobi goes to Fulham at 1:00am. Go figure.
No time for a replacement.
Just nuts.

Loose Cannon.

and....we get nothing for this guy

"Everton midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin has left the club a year before the end of his deal.

The 27-year-old joined from Mainz for £25m in 2019 but only played eight games in an injury-ridden spell.

He can now find a new club outside of the transfer window."

I just read on Twitter that Ashley Young has already played more first team minutes for Everton than Gbamin ever managed. In four years.

Very Happy  We'll laugh about all this one day.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 06 Sep 2023, 9:40 am

just back from 10 days in Spain & avoiding all football apart from listening to the Everton games on the OS feed... which was traumatic in it's own right !

Maupey gone ... wow he'll be missed Evil or Very Mad

Number of posts : 41045

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 01 Feb 2024, 2:46 pm

4 goals in his last 4 games for Brentford the twatty little frog prick.... hope they buy the cunt now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 01 Feb 2024, 3:06 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:4 goals in his last 4 games for Brentford the twatty little frog prick.... hope they buy the cunt now.

Dunno if you saw it but him and Maddison had a spat last night, because Maupay nicked his darts goal celebration when he scored.

Some chinwagging went on as Maupay was being subbed, and then Maddison said in the post-match interview that Maupay doesn't score enough goals to have his own celebration, so had to nick his.

Maupay then replied on social media with "more career goals and fewer relegations than Maddison."

Happens all the time in the NFL and I would like more of this in footy. Random spats between random players. I want to see Ben Chilwell calling out Chris Wood's inability to play snooker, or Doucoure telling Hojbjerg on Twitter that he's got a fat arse. For no reason. Spice the game up, and give us something other than VAR or PL corruption to talk about.

"BREAKING: VILLA ACE WATKINS SLAMS TROSSARD'S NEW GARDEN MAKEOVER."
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 01 Feb 2024, 3:08 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:4 goals in his last 4 games for Brentford the twatty little frog prick.... hope they buy the cunt now.

Dunno if you saw it but him and Maddison had a spat last night, because Maupay nicked his darts goal celebration when he scored.

Some chinwagging went on as Maupay was being subbed, and then Maddison said in the post-match interview that Maupay doesn't score enough goals to have his own celebration, so had to nick his.

Maupay then replied on social media with "more career goals and fewer relegations than Maddison."

Happens all the time in the NFL and I would like more of this in footy. Random spats between random players. I want to see Ben Chilwell calling out Chris Wood's inability to play snooker, or Doucoure telling Hojbjerg on Twitter that he's got a fat arse. For no reason. Spice the game up, and give us something other than VAR or PL corruption to talk about.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 01 Feb 2024, 3:40 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Genuine lol at that. Savage!
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 05 Feb 2024, 8:46 pm

Added a few million to his transfer fee these isn’t few months.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 21 Feb 2024, 6:50 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68293359
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 5:40 pm

Armchair wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68293359

There are those who will genuinely believe people like Maupay are fair game, simply because they're shithouses on the pitch. They would be able to equate a footballer strolling off when subbed to waste a bit of time, and threatening to rape that footballer's daughter, quite effortlessly.

It's an interesting one for next time we open the Philosophical Bar - social media being a wonderful way to communicate effortlessly with friends and family around the world, while at the same time sowing the seeds for the destruction of the world as we know it. Social media is a reminder that civilisation and evolution are multi-speed processes, that we still had witchcraft trials in Europe long after the renaissance.

I'd ban it, personally. Keep the internet, like, but ban all social media, it's too dangerous, the cons outweigh the pros. I know this means we'll have to send our Tipster entries to Super via Telegram or Stamped Addressed Envelope but so be it.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum