606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless

+7
Armchair
Tonteau
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
callmebubbles
Yankthattoffee
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 Empty Re: 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless

Post  callmebubbles Sat 27 Aug 2022, 8:40 am

For a club with no money we have spunked the best part of £100m recently on Mykolenko, McNeil, Onana and Maupay. I mean WTF, there is obviously a pick a name and price out of a hat policy at the club. Just astonishing!!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5547
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 Empty Re: 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 27 Aug 2022, 10:32 am

callmebubbles wrote:For a club with no money we have spunked the best part of £100m recently on Mykolenko, McNeil, Onana and Maupay. I mean WTF, there is obviously a pick a name and price out of a hat policy at the club.  Just astonishing!!!!
The longish article I posted earlier, finished with "in the end the real question Gordon to Chelsea raises is the most basic one: what is the point these days of Everton football club? Is it to compete, to strive through smart moves and homegrown talent to match the top tier? Or simply to service those entities, to exist as a backdrop?" Something I've heard from some Kopite friends.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 27 Aug 2022, 11:21 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:For a club with no money we have spunked the best part of £100m recently on Mykolenko, McNeil, Onana and Maupay. I mean WTF, there is obviously a pick a name and price out of a hat policy at the club.  Just astonishing!!!!
The longish article I posted earlier, finished with "in the end the real question Gordon to Chelsea raises is the most basic one: what is the point these days of Everton football club? Is it to compete, to strive through smart moves and homegrown talent to match the top tier? Or simply to service those entities, to exist as a backdrop?" Something I've heard from some Kopite friends.

He's an excellent journo is Barney and that was a really good column. However on the point of that specific question, I was annoyed when I first read it. It seemed like journalistic mischief because this is a question that we blues ask ourselves daily and the answer seems so obvious to us, which is that there is no real point to Everton because there is no obvious plan. Short of the "survival until BMD is built" thing, we have zero direction right now. We're building a stadium but we're not building anything else, we're just trying to survive in choppy waters that we, to a large extent, whipped up ourselves. Ergo, selling Gordon is not as illogical as Barney suggests, because these days there is no logic to Everton that can be perverted anyway.

Thinking about it this morning, I'm glad he posed the question. I'd like more journos to ask questions of Everton and the way it runs itself, to be honest. And of course the other question remains, that we also have to start discussing at some point - even if we do survive until BMD is built, then what? The new stadium is not a guaranteed panacea, it will all be for nought if we continue to run the club like a backstreet Man United tribute act. It will just be a more comfortable venue within which we can jump up and shout "you're not fit to wear the shirt."

The great irony in all this is that the people who are delivering our new, world class stadium are the same people we just need to fuck off. "Thanks Farhad, it's lovely, if you can just hand over the keys that will be grand....now fuck off and don't darken our doors again." Now that's a really weird position for any club to be in.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14806
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 27 Aug 2022, 11:39 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

He's an excellent journo is Barney and that was a really good column. However on the point of that specific question, I was annoyed when I first read it. It seemed like journalistic mischief because this is a question that we blues ask ourselves daily and the answer seems so obvious to us, which is that there is no real point to Everton because there is no obvious plan. Short of the "survival until BMD is built" thing, we have zero direction right now. We're building a stadium but we're not building anything else, we're just trying to survive in choppy waters that we, to a large extent, whipped up ourselves. Ergo, selling Gordon is not as illogical as Barney suggests, because these days there is no logic to Everton that can be perverted anyway.

Thinking about it this morning, I'm glad he posed the question. I'd like more journos to ask questions of Everton and the way it runs itself, to be honest. And of course the other question remains, that we also have to start discussing at some point - even if we do survive until BMD is built, then what? The new stadium is not a guaranteed panacea, it will all be for nought if we continue to run the club like a backstreet Man United tribute act. It will just be a more comfortable venue within which we can jump up and shout "you're not fit to wear the shirt."

The great irony in all this is that the people who are delivering our new, world class stadium are the same people we just need to fuck off. "Thanks Farhad, it's lovely, if you can just hand over the keys that will be grand....now fuck off and don't darken our doors again." Now that's a really weird position for any club to be in.
At some point we have to trust somebody. For the first time in 6 years, it seems that Mosh has handed the footballing side of things, to Lampard and Thelwell. So in them we trust? Apart from the CBs, FL seems to have gone for youth in his purchasing. If he does manage to get Gueye, another whippet and give Warrington some playing time, maybe we get some kind of identity back. The Kopite friends, have been saying for some time that their team represent the city simply by the name of the team. What and who do EFC represent? It's becoming tougher to answer.

(Just put the telly on. In James Anderson we trust!)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 27 Aug 2022, 12:16 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

At some point we have to trust somebody. For the first time in 6 years, it seems that Mosh has handed the footballing side of things, to Lampard and Thelwell. So in them we trust? Apart from the CBs, FL seems to have gone for youth in his purchasing. If he does manage to get Gueye, another whippet and give Warrington some playing time, maybe we get some kind of identity back. The Kopite friends, have been saying for some time that their team represent the city simply by the name of the team. What and who do EFC represent? It's becoming tougher to answer.

(Just put the telly on. In James Anderson we trust!)

Oh on the question of what we and what the Kopites represent, I'm tempted to go to town on that one. Lengthy post alert! But the missus has told me that I have to put a couple of mirrors up today and she's also booked me a trip to the dump, so it will have to wait. Lucky you. Laughing  I might make that one an eight-part series.

But they shouldn't be as smug and as superficial as they sound. Represent the city by the name? Fuck off, look at Juventus and Torino, who represents the city at the highest level there through the name? That very point plays into the Super League mindset that their club now represents - the theory that clubs need to appeal to a global audience through name and brand recognition. Fuck that, that's everything that's wrong with modern football.

EFC represents something far deeper and more rooted in what football should mean, but that meaning is currently obscured by the recent years - nay, decades - of gross mismanagement. If we represent anything right now then it's something really quite deep, almost biblical and religious - blind faith in the face of an interminable struggle. There is honour in that, however painful it is. And that's certainly too deep for the average Kopite to understand. In fairness, they don't need to understand it, don't even have to think about it, they can just look at their squad and their trophies. While they're winning things, we're looking for the football equivalent of the meaning of life. I think the Dalai Lama should buy Everton. He gets us.

What was the turning point for us? We had the football world at our feet in 1987. Many people would say Heysel and the European ban. I think it was the day Howard went to Bilbao, which was of course driven in part by the ban and his European ambitions. That's linked to Heysel of course, but I think we'd have ridden that out if HK had stayed to try to create some kind of dynasty. Five years after he left, the PL was founded. We got off the bus a few stops too early.

Anyway, you're right, we have to start trusting someone. I think this transfer window activity has some logic, which we've talked about elsewhere. That's a step in the right direction. Within our limited options, we've had to look for some proven PL ability (Onana excepted) just to get us through the season. On the surface that's uninspiring but it's eminently sensible. What other choice do we have? We can't build a young team right now, we can't take that risk. The time to do that would have been 4/5 years ago, probably during the Marco Silva period.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 31 Aug 2022, 9:36 am

From Richarlison to Maupay in the space of a few months pale

..just how low can we go !

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 31 Aug 2022, 9:51 am

I'm hoping he'll be a Marcus Bent type signing.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 11:08 am

Armchair wrote:I'm hoping he'll be a Marcus Bent type signing.

I'm hoping we sign Marcus Bent.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Wed 31 Aug 2022, 11:45 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Just a heads up guys. It is now 'They Marcus LGBTQ', not Marcus Bent. Gotta be careful!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 31 Aug 2022, 11:58 am

callmebubbles wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Just a heads up guys. It is now 'They Marcus LGBTQ', not Marcus Bent. Gotta be careful!!

LGBTQ+, you dinosaur
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4515
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Wed 31 Aug 2022, 12:07 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

LGBTQ+, you dinosaur

Forgive me, it's my age and the Alzheimers has kicked in. I just woke up....get it??!!....I'll get me coat
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 24 Mar 2023, 12:43 pm

Everton will put French striker Neal Maupay, 26, up for sale in the summer.

Any takers though? 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 Confused
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 24 Mar 2023, 12:59 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

Any takers though? 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 Confused
should be easy to sell... I mean just look at the impressive stats !!..

French dwarf firing blanks for sale... BOGOF with a glass DCL available. 5 quid secures deal.

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 Captu207

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Fri 24 Mar 2023, 1:22 pm

Championship team maybe?
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Fri 24 Mar 2023, 1:51 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

French dwarf firing blanks for sale... BOGOF with a glass DCL available.  5 quid secures deal.

"Dwarf"?
He's taller than me, ya bastard.

1m71 with football boots or without?

fourdoors

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 24 Mar 2023, 1:59 pm

fourdoors wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

French dwarf firing blanks for sale... BOGOF with a glass DCL available.  5 quid secures deal.

"Dwarf"?

yeah but you're 123 years old FFS !... and probably scored more goals per minute than him too 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 24 Mar 2023, 6:41 pm

"Used johnny for sale. One careful owner. Will consider part-ex for a Lostprophets album."
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 25 Mar 2023, 5:05 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
fourdoors wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

"Dwarf"?

yeah but you're 123 years old FFS !... and probably scored more goals per minute than him too 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh
13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Mon 03 Apr 2023, 2:09 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
fourdoors wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

"Dwarf"?

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh

Actually, just one goal in the past decade ... an 85th-minute own-goal to lose us the game 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_whistl

fourdoors

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 03 Apr 2023, 2:29 pm

fourdoors wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
fourdoors wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

"Dwarf"?

13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh

Actually, just one goal in the past decade ... an 85th-minute own-goal to lose us the game 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_whistl

It's only just occurred to me that I don't think I ever scored an own goal, at any level. And I played at the back from about the age of 14 onwards.

Gave away plenty of pens though. Very Happy
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 27 Jul 2023, 3:32 pm

why is he still here ?

that's a genuine question !

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Thu 27 Jul 2023, 4:22 pm

...because nobody else is stupid enough to buy the useless piece of crap!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 27 Jul 2023, 4:54 pm

callmebubbles wrote:...because nobody else is stupid enough to buy the useless piece of crap!!
true dat Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 13 Aug 2023, 9:00 am

In the Independent... Smile

Almost a century after his 60-goal season, more than four decades after his death, Dixie Dean’s statue is a sign he remains an iconic figure in these parts. It is safe to assume it will not be joined, at Goodison or Bramley-Moore Dock, of a sculpture of Neal Maupay.

A year into his Everton career, Maupay is only 382 Everton goals behind Dean, who got 383; at his current rate of progress, he could go past him early in the 2400s 13 - Neal Maupay - next best thing to useless - Page 2 F_laugh . And if it is automatically unfair to bracket anyone else with Everton’s record scorer, there is a stark contrast. Everton have never been less prolific than they were last season, when their total of 34 league goals was barely more than half the 60 Dean managed on his own in 1927-28. They began the new campaign with an exhibition of how not to finish, with a demoralising home defeat to Fulham and with indications that, unless they discover a clinical touch, another season of grim struggle beckons.

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 13 Aug 2023, 12:49 pm

I'm starting to feel a bit for him. He's at least now getting into the right spots, but just insists on trying to strike the ball through the goalie instead of picking a corner. He should have had 2 goals yesterday, Duke 1, and we win 3-1. But it wasn't to be.

I know we are rather critical, or arguably rightly so, of his performances, but the abuse his social media account(s) has (have) received is uncalled for. We're better than that.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum