606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graeme Sharp

4 posters

Go down

Graeme Sharp Empty Graeme Sharp

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 05 Jan 2022, 4:31 pm

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2440361?fbclid=IwAR2eo3wDmHAk1IYyAoJ3FyONnyJFDDCAaqhCJKvH9sCxNlB-bc9n9VmieKE

SHARP APPOINTED TO EVERTON BOARD

Everton Football Club can confirm the appointment of Graeme Sharp to its Board of Directors.
The Club legend will become a non-executive Director and, whilst he will remain the Club’s Players’ Life President, will relinquish all other club duties to focus on his role on the Board.
Sharp said: “This Club is in my blood. I have enjoyed many great days as a Blue - and joining the Board and being able to play a part in shaping Everton’s future is one of the greatest honours of all.
“I look forward to working with my fellow Board members and take my responsibility as a custodian of our great Club very seriously.”
Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright added: “We were determined to have someone join us with not only great knowledge of Everton but also extensive football insight and experience. Someone who could support and challenge. And in Sharpy’s case we’ve got this in abundance.”
In his new role, Sharp will utilise the wealth of knowledge of the game he has been amassed over more than four decades to provide valuable input into the Club’s football strategy.
The second-highest goal scorer in Everton history behind the legendary William Ralph ‘Dixie’ Dean, Sharp amassed four major trophies during his playing career at Goodison, playing 447 times between 1980 and 1991.
A talismanic striker, he was top-scorer in Howard Kendall’s 1984/85 title-winning side and an integral member of the team when Everton reclaimed the championship two years later. He scored in the final when Everton won the FA Cup in 1984 and was on target on Goodison Park’s most famous night, the semi-final victory over Bayern Munich in the Blues’ triumphant 1984/85 European Cup Winners’ Cup campaign.
Signed by Oldham Athletic in 1991, he went on to manage the Boundary Park club for more than two years after replacing Goodison-bound Joe Royle in November 1994.
In 2000, he returned to Everton in an Ambassadorial role which he combined with media duties for both the Club and national and international broadcasters.
He was inducted as an Everton Giant in 2005 and in 2020 became Everton's first Players’ Life President.
Playing career:
Dumbarton (1978-1980) Everton (1980-1991)Oldham Athletic (1991-1997)Scotland (12 caps, one goal)
Post-playing career: Oldham Athletic player/manager (1994-1997)Bangor City manager (1997-1998)Everton Ambassador (2000-2020)Everton Players’ Life President (2020-present)
Honours:
English League Championship x2 (1984/85, 1986/87)FA Cup (1983/84)European Cup Winners’ Cup (1984/85)FA Charity Shield x4 (1984, 1985, 1986 (shared), 1987)Everton’s record post-war goalscorer (160 goals in 447 appearances)Everton’s top goalscorer x4 (1981/82, 1982/83, 1984/85, 1987/88)

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Graeme Sharp Empty Re: Graeme Sharp

Post  Armchair Wed 05 Jan 2022, 10:21 pm

Well ok I guess, provided that he has the creditentials as this isn't a 'jobs of the boys' thing.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 06 Jan 2022, 4:55 pm

Armchair wrote:Well ok I guess, provided that he has the creditentials as this isn't a 'jobs of the boys' thing.

I'd be more impressed if they gave the role to Neville Southall rather than Boys Pen Bill's pet ex-player.  Seriously, what other club would give a job for life to Dunc, and put an ex-player on the board who's main job is giving out hand jobs in the Dixie Dean Suite?  

(hand) Jobs for the Boys is our club motto these days.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 06 Jan 2022, 5:01 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:Well ok I guess, provided that he has the creditentials as this isn't a 'jobs of the boys' thing.

I'd be more impressed if they gave the role to Neville Southall rather than Boys Pen Bill's pet ex-player.  Seriously, what other club would give a job for life to Dunc, and put an ex-player on the board who's main job is giving out hand jobs in the Dixie Dean Suite?  

Actually the guys in the Dixie were Martin Dobson/Jim Pearson and Mark Higgins (well they were until a year or so ago). Sharp and Stewart generally looked after the sponsors and guests plus the media work. I do think we need to offer BK (stage trapdoor left)

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 07 Jan 2022, 10:28 am

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Actually the guys in the Dixie were Martin Dobson/Jim Pearson and Mark Higgins (well they were until a year or so ago). Sharp and Stewart generally looked after the sponsors and guests plus the media work. I do think we need to offer BK (stage trapdoor left)

Mea culpa, Sharpie's main job is Sponsors' Bitch. I'd rather have Doris the Tea Lady on the board, she'd probably ask tougher questions, like "one lump or two Mr Kenwright"?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum