606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester City v Everton

+2
Armchair
SEFTON
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 Empty Re: Leicester City v Everton

Post  Made 4 Gwladys December 16th 2020, 19:42

I love VAR Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_whistl Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_whistl Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_laugh Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_laugh Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_laugh Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_laugh Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_laugh

Number of posts : 40996
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys December 16th 2020, 19:43

I actually thought it was a penalty ... soft one, but a peno

hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys December 16th 2020, 19:44

Will Richie get his oscar tonight I wonder... or will they wait till later Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair December 16th 2020, 19:44

Gordon coming on
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair December 16th 2020, 19:46

Offside rendeer rendeer santa
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys December 16th 2020, 19:46

feed died

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair December 16th 2020, 19:51

FT cheers cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys December 16th 2020, 19:52

get in... cracking result... up to 5th & 2 points off the top

COYB cheers cheers santa

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire December 16th 2020, 20:02

Very encouraging win that one!

Godfrey struggled in the first half but did better in the second.

I love the fact that Richie AND Holgate scored, great to see.

Gomes very fortunate with the penalty, you simply can't let a player advance to the box and when he's in the box make the tackle, basic stuff, can't do that.

Tactically a master piece from Ancelotti, loved it that we played deep to not allow Vardy the space behind the backline. cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON December 16th 2020, 20:03

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:get in... cracking result... up to 5th & 2 points off the top

COYB cheers cheers santa

In the words of Meatloaf.

Two out of three ain’t bad? Richy got his goal and I called it correct in the final score. cheers
Roll on Arsenal at home fans back again,can we get 9 points out 3 top six teams and keep three consecutive clean sheets?

UTFT’s
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10609
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire December 16th 2020, 20:29

Just want to say again that this was a massive 3 points for us, I didn't expect it at all.

Massive blow though that Allan appears to be out for a while with that hamstring injury. Sad
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Qld Toffee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair December 16th 2020, 20:49

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Just want to say again that this was a massive 3 points for us, I didn't expect it at all.

Massive blow though that Allan appears to be out for a while with that hamstring injury. Sad

That doesn't look good. Gomes is a capable replacement though (today's silly tackle aside).

Iwobi played well again.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire December 16th 2020, 20:54

Armchair wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Just want to say again that this was a massive 3 points for us, I didn't expect it at all.

That doesn't look good. Gomes is a capable replacement though (today's silly tackle aside).

Iwobi played well again.
He has hit moments of madness, but he's even cutting down on those. I LOVE the fact that he takes on the defenders over and over, tries to get in to the box and once that happens one never knows what might happen; might get fouled which leads to a penalty.

Gomes need to sit deep and work better with Doucoure, but I also think Gomes is a player who needs game time to really shine.

Hope that Richie's arm is OK.

Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys December 16th 2020, 21:17

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Armchair wrote:

Iwobi played well again.
He has hit moments of madness, but he's even cutting down on those. I LOVE the fact that he takes on the defenders over and over, tries to get in to the box and once that happens one never knows what might happen; might get fouled which leads to a penalty.

Gomes need to sit deep and work better with Doucoure, but I also think Gomes is a player who needs game time to really shine.

I'm pleased with Iwobi too, but I think Carlo will replace him with Dele Alli or Zaha in January

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire December 16th 2020, 21:20

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:

Iwobi played well again.

I'm pleased with Iwobi too, but I think Carlo will replace him with Dele Alli or Zaha in January
I feared you were going to say Davies! Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_whistl Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_whistl Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_laugh Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_laugh
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys December 16th 2020, 21:25

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:

Iwobi played well again.

I feared you were going to say Davies! Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_whistl Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_whistl Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_laugh Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_laugh
cheers Leicester City v Everton - Page 3 F_laugh

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles December 16th 2020, 22:47

Jeez wasn't expecting that at all. Great 3 points!! Such a shame it's at the cost of Allan. Massive loss.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5548
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 December 16th 2020, 23:00

Straightforward win. Fucking easy. What's going on?

My eldest, the first time he went to Goodison on his own was the cup game last season when Baines scored that last minute screamer. Cue the hugging of strangers in Upper Gwladys, we've all been there, he still frequently brings that up, a genuinely life-affirming moment for him. But Leicester won on pens and he's never forgiven them for spoiling that experience. So he was very happy that we put them "back in their box", in his words, tonight.

cheers  He's more hardcore than I am these days, his bad moods after Everton defeats can last for days.

Watching the Brendan Rodgers interview - how can he spend all that money on his teeth whitening but still happily walk round with lips like a lizard's arse? Lip balm manufacturers, do you not see the marketing opportunity there? Fill yer boots.

Gomes is the worst tackler I've seen in the Prem since Scholes. He's terrible at it. Never allow him in our own penalty area ever again. Would still happily shag him for free though.

Doucoure and Holgate excellent. Richarlison generally purposeful, good to see, that goal will do him some good, settle him down a bit. He's that kind of player. I can see why oppo fans will hate him but as an old Arsenal supporting mate of mine said to me when I described Ian Wright as a bit of a twat, "yeah, but he's our twat."

Keane is currently so faultless that it's easy to overlook his consistent excellence. I'm now perusing the wine list to find a good accompaniment to those words when I have to eat them.

Not getting carried away. But there's been a steel to these last two wins that I find encouraging. Not just the defence, but also the shithousery. Shows a bit of savvy, we were too nice and too soft for too long. Some fucking brilliant yellow cards tonight, stopping that Barnes lad from running at us. Know when to take a yellow for the team. I don't want to indulge in any "Italian Job" stereotypes but I reckon the next player to score against us is gonna get whacked by Frankie Carbone.

And Gabriel, Arsenal's best only defender, got sent off tonight. OK....

Last edited by Rotterdam 1985 on December 16th 2020, 23:30; edited 1 time in total
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14801
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON December 16th 2020, 23:01

callmebubbles wrote:Jeez wasn't expecting that at all. Great 3 points!! Such a shame it's at the cost of Allan. Massive loss.

Never rains but pours for Everton, just when Gbamin is near to return Allan does his hamstring.
Gomes looks like he will cover Allan for now,hopefully it’s only a tweak.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 December 16th 2020, 23:24

SEFTON wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:Jeez wasn't expecting that at all. Great 3 points!! Such a shame it's at the cost of Allan. Massive loss.

Never rains but pours for Everton, just when Gbamin is near to return Allan does his hamstring.
Gomes looks like he will cover Allan for now,hopefully it’s  only a tweak.

Didn't look like a tweak to me. He was stretchered off, looked like a full-blown tear. I'm not optimistic.

I did my hammy some years ago. My one proper football injury, a proper tear. Hurt like fuck. I've never dared to sprint since! I reckon if I ever have to run from muggers, I've got about thirty yards to play with before it goes again and I meekly hand over my wallet and phone.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON December 17th 2020, 15:43

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

Didn't look like a tweak to me. He was stretchered off, looked like a full-blown tear. I'm not optimistic.

I did my hammy some years ago. My one proper football injury, a proper tear. Hurt like fuck. I've never dared to sprint since! I reckon if I ever have to run from muggers, I've got about thirty yards to play with before it goes again and I meekly hand over my wallet and phone.

In my defence Rotts, I missed the first half racing home from work, it was more wishful thinking on my part,TBH.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 December 17th 2020, 17:51

SEFTON wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

In my defence Rotts, I missed the first half racing home from work, it was more wishful thinking on my part,TBH.

Aye mate. It looked pretty bad, unfortunately. 8 weeks out is my guess. Some players recover quicker than others though.

Gbamin might only be a couple of weeks away from playing.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3