606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG SAM

+16
Armchair
RhinoJagz
Super
Statman
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Goodison_Gringo
Da Judge
Lumper
SEFTON
Blue gazza
Helenqu
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
WellOilBeefHooked
SouthernSmugToffee
The President
Hinchcliffe Corner
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BIG SAM - Page 2 Empty Re: BIG SAM

Post  Blue gazza Fri 01 Dec 2017, 2:13 pm

BIG SAM - Page 2 Receiv11

We're gonna need to upgrade our dugout area Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 01 Dec 2017, 2:30 pm

lol! lol!

Number of posts : 40996

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Fri 01 Dec 2017, 4:08 pm

awesome....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  WellOilBeefHooked Fri 01 Dec 2017, 7:16 pm

Blue gazza wrote:now that he is the boss, he is one of ours , so let's all get behind him ( we can fit ) and hope he can turn this shambolic team into a team of winners.
not mine or  everyones choice, but he is here

After all it's the team we support not the Manager

Not happy that little Sammy has joined us though tbh
WellOilBeefHooked
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1197
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Fri 01 Dec 2017, 9:02 pm

WellOilBeefHooked wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:now that he is the boss, he is one of ours , so let's all get behind him ( we can fit ) and hope he can turn this shambolic team into a team of winners.
not mine or  everyones choice, but he is here

After all it's the team we support not the Manager

Not happy that little Sammy has joined us though tbh

It'll be quite fun having him wearing EFC kit in front of the Kop.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 03 Dec 2017, 12:06 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11154484/sam-allardyce-suggests-deal-may-already-be-done-for-ross-barkley-to-leave-everton

i like his analysis and honesty ( cough) but he seems to know what is needed.

also like the way he has sammy lee on his lapel as well,

good to have an eye in the stands as well as 2 vociferous guys on the bench as well, i get the sense of goodness about the club again
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 06 Dec 2017, 9:52 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42246170
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 12 Dec 2017, 1:27 am

Sam Allardyce will ask every member of Everton's first-team squad whether they wish to be part of the club's future before finalising transfer plans for January. (Guardian)
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:24 am

Blue gazza wrote:Sam Allardyce will ask every member of Everton's first-team squad whether they wish to be part of the club's future before finalising transfer plans for January. (Guardian)

Seems like a sensible approach!!
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 19 Dec 2017, 11:07 am

I really like this approach from Sam..... BIG SAM - Page 2 Fotty

Sam Allardyce has revealed he will hold a 90-minute, 11-v-11 game at USM Finch Farm today (Tuesday) to provide an opportunity to impress those not involved in Monday’s 3-1 win over Swansea City.
Boss Allardyce has kept largely the same side and matchday squad for each of his first four Premier League games in charge of the Blues.

He named an unchanged starting line-up for Monday evening’s visit of the Swans and was rewarded with another victory as goals from Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Wayne Rooney saw the Toffees climb to ninth in the Premier League table.

Speaking after the match, Allardyce hailed the form of his current regular starters, while warning the rest of his squad to be fully ready to grasp any forthcoming opportunities with both hands over the busy festive period.

“No, I just changed it around because I’ve got that many players I’ve got to try and see,” said Allardyce, when asked if Oumar Niasse was left out of the squad because of an injury.

“I’ve got to see one after another when I can. I’m going to put on a 11v11 tomorrow for 90 minutes so all the players that have not been in the squad can get on the pitch and play against each other. They can show me what they’ve got. I’m very interested in what I’m going to see tomorrow from the players that haven’t played.

“I’ve picked these players all the time nearly so far. I’ve rarely made a change and there’s one thing that really pleases me - they’ve made it extremely difficult for me to leave them out. Full marks to them and all the other players sat behind them are sat there saying, ‘When will I get my chance?’

“A good squad will say to itself, ‘When I get picked, I will be ready.’ If their fitness go, if they let themselves get dragged down by not playing any games and then get the opportunity and let themselves down again, they won’t get back in.

“Everyone has to be ready to snatch their chance when they get the opportunity because there are so many professionals here that want to play. They are going to get a chance somewhere along the line. We’ve already played 30 games and made 38 or 39 changes in those games and there will be more to come.”

An experienced top-flight manager, Allardyce has been pleased at the speed and manner in which his players have taken to his ideas, insisting “I couldn’t have asked for any more”.

“I’m so pleased that these players are staying fit and that they’re getting results,” he added. “It makes life a lot easier for me to pick a team so instead of searching for the right combinations, as I have done at other clubs I’ve been at, by using different sets of players because the team has lost. If that happens, you change it and lose again, you can end up saying, ‘Where are we going here? Are these players really good enough?’

“The players here have turned around and gone, ‘Here I am, this is what I can do.’

“We’ll move on from here. We’re in the top half after 13 points out of 15. I couldn’t have asked for any more from the players.”

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/12/19/allardyce-to-hold-internal-friendly

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 08 Mar 2018, 2:01 pm

In for the long haul ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43331659?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Manager Sam Allardyce wants to stay at Everton beyond this season, despite recent speculation over his position.
The 63-year-old signed a contract until June 2019 when he joined the Toffees in November in place of Ronald Koeman.
Everton have won just two of their last 12 games but Allardyce was adamant when asked if he sees his future with the Premier League club.
"Of course," he said. "I know all about Everton and what you have to achieve. I want it to be a long-term appointment."
Everton are 11th in the Premier League table after losing their last six away games, including an FA Cup defeat at derby rivals Liverpool.
"There are tough times and there are times when you have to draw in and close the doors and stay focused on what you want to try to achieve," Allardyce added.
"I came out of retirement because there's a long-term plan that I was excited to be a part of.
"I am having talks with [Everton owner] Farhad Moshiri, but those talks are confidential."
What next for Everton and Sam Allardyce under Farhad Moshiri?
The former England boss made a positive start at Goodison Park, guiding the relegation-threatened Toffees on a seven-match unbeaten run in the league.
However, Everton have slipped back into the bottom half of the table and Allardyce feels their supporters are justified in their recent protestations.
"When the fans see the players not playing to the levels they come to expect, they're going to show their disapproval," he said. "We need to give them more to shout about, starting with this weekend.
"I have to reverse that and get everyone behind us. The fans have been fantastic since I've been here and helped the team to get a result."
Everton are at home on Saturday against Brighton, who are above them on goal difference after beating Arsenal 2-1 last Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 27 Apr 2018, 1:45 pm

Looks like he is here next season....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43922460
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 27 Apr 2018, 3:40 pm

Super wrote:Looks like he is here next season....

Lumper will be delighted

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Fri 27 Apr 2018, 4:07 pm

FFS please tell me this is a wind up, or bad press
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 27 Apr 2018, 4:32 pm

"It's been pretty satisfying so far, but one is never satisfied as a manager. You always want your team to do better." affraid BIG SAM - Page 2 298904

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 27 Apr 2018, 5:23 pm

Well he's either going to make a twat of himself, a twat of Moshiri, or a twat of the fans.

My money's on all three.

This is very depressing really isn't it? Especially as I am on the cusp of finally getting a season ticket, as I should have a bit more time to waste on miserable shit football spend in Liverpool once my daughters finish school this summer and hopefully sod off to University. One of them might even be going to Uni in Liverpool which would be ideal, cos I could perve at her mates take her out for lunch before the match cheers
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Fri 27 Apr 2018, 5:37 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Super wrote:Looks like he is here next season....

Lumper will be delighted

It’s just another twist of the knife.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 27 Apr 2018, 6:24 pm

I heard he did the same thing after West Ham fans told him where? To go, a few weeks later he was sacked, he said in his book he wound up the fans by saying? He just wanted to piss off the fans,he’s doing the same thing with Everton fans winding them up to believe he’s here next season,we’ll,hope it is just mind games.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:17 pm

SEFTON wrote:I heard he did the same thing after West Ham fans told him where? To go, a few weeks later he was sacked, he said in his book he wound up the fans by saying? He just wanted to piss off the fans,he’s doing the same thing with Everton fans winding them up to believe he’s here next season,we’ll,hope it is just mind games.
Abba have reformed just for him.........
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sat 28 Apr 2018, 8:55 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
SEFTON wrote:I heard he did the same thing after West Ham fans told him where? To go, a few weeks later he was sacked, he said in his book he wound up the fans by saying? He just wanted to piss off the fans,he’s doing the same thing with Everton fans winding them up to believe he’s here next season,we’ll,hope it is just mind games.

I thought he’d be a YMCA fan...

“In the gravy”
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sat 28 Apr 2018, 8:56 am

Lumper wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I thought he’d be a Village People fan...

“In the gravy”
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 28 Apr 2018, 10:33 am

Lumper wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

“In the gravy”
Money money money tongue
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 28 Apr 2018, 1:15 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

“In the gravy”
Money money money  tongue

"The Winner takes it all....."
"The Day before you came"
"I have a Dream"
"One of us ......... (is lying)"

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 28 Apr 2018, 6:00 pm

You know what? I've changed my mind. Over the summer, where did we think we would finish in the league? Seventh? Maybe sixth? Well, lo and behold, if the season started on matchday 15 when Sam took over, we'd be sixth. Ahead of Arsenal and only one point behind Chelsea.

BIG SAM - Page 2 Form_table

I appreciate the football hasn't been great but in fairness to Sam, he took over a team that was leaking goals, unable to score and who's confidence was completely shot. His two signings (Tosun and Walcott) have both settled in well. I think it would be very harsh to sack him based on his results and he deserves the pre-season to shape the squad and sign a few more players.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 28 Apr 2018, 6:31 pm

Armchair wrote:You know what? I've changed my mind. Over the summer, where did we think we would finish in the league? Seventh? Maybe sixth? Well, lo and behold, if the season started on matchday 15 when Sam took over, we'd be sixth. Ahead of Arsenal and only one point behind Chelsea.

BIG SAM - Page 2 Form_table

I appreciate the football hasn't been great but in fairness to Sam, he took over a team that was leaking goals, unable to score and whose confidence was completely shot. His two signings (Tosun and Walcott) have both settled in well. I think it would be very harsh to sack him based on his results and he deserves the pre-season to shape the squad and sign a few more players.

To be absolutely honest - this table is as misleading as the one we had when Koeman was binned when we had played 3 teams outside the top 6 and five out of the top 6. The "poor" teams were Stoke, Burnley, Bournemouth and Brighton. We won two of those drew one and lost (to the team who is still ahead of us) so you could make exactly the same case then as you are now. The fact is who would you honestly prefer to be taking charge next year RK or SA? With RK we had a decent manager that could have been ideally dovetailed with Brandt. And we should have saved around £18m in severance.

With Sam, we have what?

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: