606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas)

+20
SEFTON
Made 4 Gwladys
Sack the Juggler
Mr_Ben
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
Knight of Thorgothshire
My other LB is a Ferrari
Yankthattoffee
Tonteau
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Armchair
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
The President
hairy cataract
Lumper
Dixie Land
Hinchcliffe Corner
Super
Gravy & Chips
24 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 5 Empty Re: Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas)

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 30 Nov 2014, 10:34 am

Great report Jay. The noise out of the Everton fans when the goals were scored made it sound like a home game!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 5 Empty Re: Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas)

Post  Blue gazza Sun 30 Nov 2014, 12:05 pm

I thought the noise out of the fans all through the game was fantastic, it certainly did sound like a home home for us

Once again, fantastic away support from us cheers cheers
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 30 Nov 2014, 12:53 pm

why do all EPL teams fans just go to Irish bars when they follow the teams overseas?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sun 30 Nov 2014, 1:18 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:why do all EPL teams fans just go to Irish bars when they follow the teams overseas?
I reckon its because its a pub, rather than a winebar and they know the beers it will serve them so its a good place to meet up with everyone rather than trying to arrange to meet anywhere else? There is an irish bar in every city so its easy to say "we will meet there".

However quite a few of us show up and take to the side streets to find a decent bar then give the other lads a shout. The beer is usually better and you get to meet the locals. drunken

Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:18 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:why do all EPL teams fans just go to Irish bars when they follow the teams overseas?
I reckon its because its a pub, rather than a winebar and they know the beers it will serve them so its a good place to meet up with everyone rather than trying to arrange to meet anywhere else?  There is an irish bar in every city so its easy to say "we will meet there".

However quite a few of us show up and take to the side streets to find a decent bar then give the other lads a shout.  The beer is usually better and you get to meet the locals. drunken

Black stuff Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 5 186792

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:01 pm

Cheers for the report jay.

ATP - how did you get on in Berlin?
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipate_the_pass Sun 30 Nov 2014, 10:04 pm

Albert wrote:Cheers for the report jay.

Still here mate, back to NYC tomorrow...
Was hanging out in Mitte the first night, the bar we were in stayed open til 6am Shocked we closed it drunken
We were in the Kreuzeberg neighborhood last night, it was good, a lot of Hipsters though Rolling Eyes
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:36 am

anticipate_the_pass wrote:

Was hanging out in Mitte the first night, the bar we were in stayed open til 6am Shocked we closed it drunken
We were in the Kreuzeberg neighborhood last night, it was good, a lot of Hipsters though Rolling Eyes

Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 5 Smiley_a

How do the US toffees get on on these away trips? Do the American ones get any scallys kicking off or is everyone just made up that someone non-English supports Everton?
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:18 am

Albert wrote:

How do the US toffees get on on these away trips? Do the American ones get any scallys kicking off or is everyone just made up that someone non-English supports Everton?

The American connection of Tim Howard and Landon Donovan has put Everton on the map massively in the USA, with many American Evertonians joining membership clubs run mostly by Ex-patriots all over America.

You'll probably find most travelling American Evertonians don't have criminal records , bit like here if you have a criminal record you can't go to America and visa versa ,would think their all family orientated.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:25 am

Sefton wrote:
Albert wrote:

The American connection of Tim Howard and Landon Donovan has put Everton on the map massively in the USA, with many American Evertonians joining membership clubs run mostly by Ex-patriots all over America.

You'll probably find most travelling American Evertonians don't have criminal records , bit like here if you have a criminal record you can't go to America and visa versa ,would think their all family orientated.

I'm just thinking how does your scally Evertonian treat a well spoken American who is over in full replica kit taking photos and generally sounding very polite.
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:42 am

Albert wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Albert wrote:

I'm just thinking how does your scally Evertonian treat a well spoken American who is over in full replica kit taking photos and generally sounding very polite.
What you are really thinking is I need some personal coaching for that US job interview.... Suspect

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9785
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Tue 02 Dec 2014, 11:33 am

Uwist61 wrote:
Albert wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Albert wrote:

What you are really thinking is I need some personal coaching for that US job interview.... Suspect

Laughing Laughing
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipate_the_pass Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:14 pm

Albert wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:
Albert wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Albert wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Haha, Sef is correct, the Tim Howard and Landon Donovan effect has definitely increased the number of younger American fans supporting Everton in New York, guys and gals bounce who show up the bar that we watch the games in.
I travelled with one guy who is actually the President of the NYCEFC group, he's been to Goodison but it was his first European away, he loved it and was really impressed with our Away support, I reckon there was between four and five thousand there. He has photos and videos, I 'll try and post them on here (I may need Tecchie help on posting these). He brought a brand new New York Evertonians Supporters Club flag and it was snatched off the wall of the bar we were in before the game by a local lad, I chased after him but lost him in the dark, he had a 5 or 6 second start on me as at first I thought it was someone we knew just playing a joke Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 5 F_laugh
Who steals a flag off a wall and runs away affraid  the local police saw the chase and were at the bar when I got back. They were very interested in trying to catch him, the bar owner said that he knows the guy as he's done it previously Evil or Very Mad
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 02 Dec 2014, 1:30 pm

Albert wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:
Albert wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Albert wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Haha, Sef is correct, the Tim Howard and Landon Donovan effect has definitely increased the number of younger American fans supporting Everton in New York, guys and gals bounce who show up the bar that we watch the games in.
I travelled with one guy who is actually the President of the NYCEFC group, he's been to Goodison but it was his first European away, he loved it and was really impressed with our Away support, I reckon there was between four and five thousand there. He has photos and videos, I 'll try and post them on here (I may need Tecchie help on posting these). He brought a brand new New York Evertonians Supporters Club flag and it was snatched off the wall of the bar we were in before the game by a local lad, I chased after him but lost him in the dark, he had a 5 or 6 second start on me as at first I thought it was someone we knew just playing a joke Wolfsburg 0 Everton 2 (Lukaku, Mirallas) - Page 5 F_laugh
Who steals a flag off a wall and runs away affraid  the local police saw the chase and were at the bar when I got back. They were very interested in trying to catch him, the bar owner said that he knows the guy as he's done it previously Evil or Very Mad

A flag spotter who doesn't want to get his head kicked in?
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5