606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7. Aidan McGeady - Fit for 90 minutes?

+22
Made 4 Gwladys
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Michael Crosby S74
Cahill the Great
SEFTON
Albert
Tonteau
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
Goodison_Gringo
Merseyblue
Mr_Ben
Blue gazza
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
The President
VenezuelaBlue
RhinoJagz
Helenqu
Lumper
26 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

7. Aidan McGeady - Fit for 90 minutes? - Page 5 Empty Re: 7. Aidan McGeady - Fit for 90 minutes?

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 16 Jul 2015, 6:39 pm

Statman wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:As someone else said, he stated the same thing 2 days before he offloaded Fellaini

So you're staying positive.
Laughing

Number of posts : 40996
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

7. Aidan McGeady - Fit for 90 minutes? - Page 5 Empty Re: 7. Aidan McGeady - Fit for 90 minutes?

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 16 Jul 2015, 8:56 pm

Made Foo Gwladys wrote:
Statman wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:As someone else said, he stated the same thing 2 days before he offloaded Fellaini

So you're staying positive.
Laughing

'positive' was always a good word .......................... until HIV
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 27 Aug 2015, 9:19 am

When I got up this morning I went into the room where our cat, Mr George Tibbles, had been sleeping. He doesn't often use his dirt tray as he prefers to do his business outside. This morning was different though as he had done a poo in his dirt tray. In total there was six delightful lumps of cat shit for me to scoop up, bag and bin. The room stank as well which got me thinking...

In spite of the unpleasantness of the general aroma coming out of the room, it still didn't stink as much as McGeady's so-called 'performance' last night. I have never seen a supposed professional fail to complete so many simple five yard passes back to a full back as he managed in 45 minutes. This is a man presumably fighting for his place in the side. Well, it wasn't in doubt before the game but it's even less in doubt today - he is complete and utter shite!

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Thu 27 Aug 2015, 9:36 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:When I got up this morning I went into the room where our cat, Mr George Tibbles, had been sleeping. He doesn't often use his dirt tray as he prefers to do his business outside. This morning was different though as he had done a poo in his dirt tray. In total there was six delightful lumps of cat shit for me to scoop up, bag and bin. The room stank as well which got me thinking...

In spite of the unpleasantness of the general aroma coming out of the room, it still didn't stink as much as McGeady's so-called 'performance' last night. I have never seen a supposed professional fail to complete so many simple five yard passes back to a full back as he managed in 45 minutes. This is a man presumably fighting for his place in the side. Well, it wasn't in doubt before the game but it's even less in doubt today - he is complete and utter shite!

lol!

I've been willing to give him a chance, and when he first came to us, I saw enough to make me think he could be a useful squaddie, but since then he seems to have got worse, and last night was the icing on the cake. Get rid, he's not even fit for the bench.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 27 Aug 2015, 9:42 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:When I got up this morning I went into the room where our cat, Mr George Tibbles, had been sleeping. He doesn't often use his dirt tray as he prefers to do his business outside. This morning was different though as he had done a poo in his dirt tray. In total there was six delightful lumps of cat shit for me to scoop up, bag and bin. The room stank as well which got me thinking...

I'm surprised we can't/don't/haven't sell/sell/sold him to a championship club or some club in scotland. Few hundred K and pay Stones a bit more to keep him quiet for a season.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 27 Aug 2015, 3:51 pm

We have to loan him to Celtic. At least he'll look decent there or buy that defender and give McGeady as part of the deal ie a paper weight.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 27 Aug 2015, 3:52 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:We have to loan him to Celtic. At least he'll look decent there or buy that defender and give McGeady as part of the deal ie a paper weight.
I deffo like the idea of a swap deal with Dick van Dyke

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 27 Aug 2015, 3:58 pm

Made Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:We have to loan him to Celtic. At least he'll look decent there or buy that defender and give McGeady as part of the deal ie a paper weight.

They want £10m for Dick van Dijk. Or £11m + McGeady.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 27 Aug 2015, 3:59 pm

Armchair wrote:
Made Foo Gwladys wrote:

Celtic fans adore him as he plays for Ireland. I'd give them McGeady and Gibson as part of the deal.

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 27 Aug 2015, 4:32 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Made Foo Gwladys wrote:

Celtic fans adore him as he plays for Ireland. I'd give them McGeady and Gibson as part of the deal.

I'll drive him there myself...

as he is likely to be banned from driving very soon.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 27 Aug 2015, 4:39 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Made Foo Gwladys wrote:

Laughing 7. Aidan McGeady - Fit for 90 minutes? - Page 5 Bottom
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 27 Aug 2015, 5:06 pm

Armchair wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Made Foo Gwladys wrote:

Laughing 7. Aidan McGeady - Fit for 90 minutes? - Page 5 Bottom
7. Aidan McGeady - Fit for 90 minutes? - Page 5 F_laugh

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Thu 27 Aug 2015, 6:00 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Made Foo Gwladys wrote:

That's good of you. He'll be able to have a drink during the journey.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 06 Jan 2016, 7:13 pm

Everton have ended Celtic's hopes of re-signing the club's former winger Aiden McGeady, 29, as they will not subsidise his wages as part of a loan deal.

Why not? It's not he's going to play for us!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 07 Jan 2016, 11:25 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Everton have ended Celtic's hopes of re-signing the club's former winger Aiden McGeady, 29, as they will not subsidise his wages as part of a loan deal.

Give him away, at least he will be off the wage bill. cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10609
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 07 Jan 2016, 1:39 pm

sefton wrote:

I've got some gutters that need cleaning out. £15/hour should keep him busy and in Mars Bars.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 07 Jan 2016, 2:34 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
sefton wrote:

I've got some gutters that need cleaning out. £15/hour should keep him busy and in Mars Bars.
He'll eat the Mars bars before he starts working though and will then fall asleep...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 07 Jan 2016, 3:18 pm

Suggests he's probably being paid too much.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:57 am

Roberto Martinez insists Aiden McGeady still has a future at Everton - but admitted the Republic of Ireland international could be allowed to leave on loan after three clubs expressed an interest in him.

Martinez confirmed the approaches following Saturday's 2-0 FA Cup win over Dagenham and Redbridge and said regular playing time between now and May could be what the 29-year-old needs to kickstart his Blues career next term.

McGeady was left out of the squad for the third round fixture and Martinez explained: "We have three teams that have been asking about a loan opportunity, so it was important he didn’t get cup-tied or injured.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/01/09/boss-mcgeady-has-blues-future

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Sun 10 Jan 2016, 12:11 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:Roberto Martinez insists Aiden McGeady still has a future at Everton - but admitted the Republic of Ireland international could be allowed to leave on loan after three clubs expressed an interest in him.

Martinez confirmed the approaches following Saturday's 2-0 FA Cup win over Dagenham and Redbridge and said regular playing time between now and May could be what the 29-year-old needs to kickstart his Blues career next term.

McGeady was left out of the squad for the third round fixture and Martinez explained: "We have three teams that have been asking about a loan opportunity, so it was important he didn’t get cup-tied or injured.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/01/09/boss-mcgeady-has-blues-future

As what exactly? Terrible buy - get rid!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 12 Jan 2016, 1:16 pm

Roberto Martinez also has this update on whether Aiden McGeady and Darren Gibson will be leaving the club this transfer window.

On McGeady he says: "There have been three inquiries, one from abroad and two domestic. It will be over next couple of weeks that we make final decision

"If [either player] does leave it will be just a loan until the end of the season. Both will be returning for pre-season."
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 12 Jan 2016, 1:19 pm

Armchair wrote:

Roberto Martinez also has this update on whether Aiden McGeady and Darren Gibson will be leaving the club this transfer window.

On McGeady he says: "There have been three inquiries, one from abroad and two domestic. It will be over next couple of weeks that we make final decision

"If [either player] does leave it will be just a loan until the end of the season. Both will be returning for pre-season."
Why? Not meaning to sound too harsh here, but will McGeady ever feature for us again?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 12 Jan 2016, 1:23 pm

Armchair wrote:

Why? Not meaning to sound too harsh here, but will McGeady ever feature for us again?

I hope not. I'd be tempted to keep Gibbo as he's a good player when fit but McGeady can do one.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 12 Jan 2016, 1:36 pm

Armchair wrote:
Armchair wrote:

I hope not. I'd be tempted to keep Gibbo as he's a good player when fit but McGeady can do one.
I can only assume that Bobby is a genius.. as he can see something phenomenal in McGeady that no-one else can Wink

I also think we've outgrown Gibbo too... who is a bit shit really

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 12 Jan 2016, 2:57 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Armchair wrote:

I can only assume that Bobby is a genius.. as he can see something phenomenal in McGeady that no-one else can Wink

I also think we've outgrown Gibbo too... who is a bit shit really
I think (hope?) that Gibbo could do a job as a sub, but he's hardly ever fit, so get rid.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next