606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tipster 2023/24 - Round 29

+7
SEFTON
Knight of Thorgothshire
Da Judge
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
callmebubbles
Super
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tipster 2023/24 - Round 29 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tipster 2023/24 - Round 29

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 30 Mar 2024, 5:14 pm

Lumper wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Super wrote:
Lumper wrote:SATURDAY, 16 MARCH
Burnley v Brentford 1-1
Luton v Nott'm Forest  joker
Fulham v Tottenham 1-2

SUNDAY, 17 MARCH
West Ham v Aston Villa 1-2
Uhhh, Lumper, your Joker was blank.... Shocked Sad

What to do about this?  I wouldn't have seen this on Saturday, because when Lumper would have posted his predictions I was in the pub, having a few beers before the Peterborough Utd v Portsmouth game.
Looking at the summary of results, Lumper had 0 points, so the Joker didn't matter. It was a rather brutal round for most of us.

I propose an amendment to Rule 25.3(b)(ii) of the Laws of Tipster:

"In such situations where a contestant submits an entry but misses a game for whatever reason, we try to get Super out from the pub to adjudicate. But if he's already on stage doing Karaoke, or outside fighting someone who looked at him in a funny way, then it defaults to a 1-1 draw."

Or, just don't award any points. It might be a bit controversial if a contender in week 38 got double joker points for a default 1-1 draw that they forgot to predict. That would go to CAS for adjudication, I think. Possibly even the Supreme Court. Would make this season's PL points deduction mess look trivial in comparison.

Do we need an Independent Tipster Regulator?
Isn't da Judge the beak of the whole Board ???

I propose a fine in line with what the Premier League would do ... so roll a dice & pick a card from a deck of cards & add the numbers together... then deduct that amount of points from Lumper for being so negligent... and no appeals to be heard until 5 weeks after tipster ends... just to keep us all in suspense like..... seems totally fair to me

Made 4 Gwladys exposing himself to be a massive kopite. Only a supporter of the red shite would propose such a draconian sporting sanction. You and Dicky Champers can do one. #sly6corruption
I've Googled Dicky Champers, didn't find anything. Tipster 2023/24 - Round 29 - Page 2 Confused

I seen someone on Twitter call Richard Masters that. The kids thinks it’s cool, innit. I don’t know why cause I’m old.
lol! lol! Tipster 2023/24 - Round 29 - Page 2 Action-s Tipster 2023/24 - Round 29 - Page 2 Action-s
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74432
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2