606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 - Arnaut Danjuma - 2nd time lucky ?

+8
Blue gazza
Armchair
Goodison_Gringo
Knight of Thorgothshire
hairy cataract
Da Judge
Rotterdam 1985
Made 4 Gwladys
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

10 - Arnaut Danjuma - 2nd time lucky ? - Page 3 Empty Re: 10 - Arnaut Danjuma - 2nd time lucky ?

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 23 Jul - 8:43

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:No news then on this one? Rolling Eyes

Based on the postings of reporters that I trust, I'm confident this is happening. My assumption is that we're now into that cycle whereby Everton, alone amongst professional sporting entities, take 4 or 5 days to put the promotional "welcome" bideo together. My guess is that Trevor the video guy is on the lash in Magalluf with his mates for a week and nobody else has a key to the video edit suite. Thinking about it, Trevor the video guy seems to go on the lash quite a lot.

Personally I'd settle for a one-line "done deal" message on the OS. I don't actually need to see a vid of Danjuma (sheepishly, in the light of what happened last year) kissing the badge. Like, I wouldn't think any less of the club if they didn't go to the trouble of putting a video together. Just fucking tell us, quickly, you bastards. For our mental health. Remember those back-to-back relegation battles you twats? Yeah so just fucking announce it.

Sorry to labour the point here but has any Evertonian ever uttered words like "great that we've signed Lukaku but I thought the welcome vid was really poor, the lighting wasn't great and the whole vibe generally felt a bit off. Has taken the gloss off of the deal for me TBH."
You should expect the video from Barney the Bideo bloke later today, released by Notts Forest FC Neutral

Number of posts : 41046
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

10 - Arnaut Danjuma - 2nd time lucky ? - Page 3 Empty Re: 10 - Arnaut Danjuma - 2nd time lucky ?

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 23 Jul - 13:11

He has signed! cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2QIJUMq8es&ab_channel=EvertonFootballClub
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74432

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 23 Jul - 13:23

Some more info on the OS.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3601007/danjuma-joins-everton
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74432

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 23 Jul - 13:25

cheers welcome ... all is forgiven.....

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 23 Jul - 13:28

10 - Arnaut Danjuma - 2nd time lucky ? - Page 3 Captu225

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 23 Jul - 14:14

Great first interview on the OS. For me that's the most important thing. Sure, goals and assists are nice, but a fluent, intelligent interview is what we're really looking for in a player.

Welcome Arnie!

I think he's going to be fucking brilliant.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25880

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 23 Jul - 14:41

hairy cataract wrote:Great first interview on the OS.  For me that's the most important thing.  Sure, goals and assists are nice, but a fluent, intelligent interview is what we're really looking for in a player.

Welcome Arnie!

I've always liked a good interviewee. Seamus is top drawer.
Definitely a pretty good signing for us.
I can't quite understand how he's being seen as a replacement for Gray who is possibly off to Fulham for maybe as little as £7M.
Why do we look like getting so little for our number 11?
Surely Arnie should be seen as an addition to the squad rather than filling a likely hole? Gray has pace. THE PL commodity.
Having 3-4 front men with power and pace is the desired requirement for a PL team.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 23 Jul - 16:22

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Great first interview on the OS.  For me that's the most important thing.  Sure, goals and assists are nice, but a fluent, intelligent interview is what we're really looking for in a player.

Welcome Arnie!

I can't quite understand how he's being seen as a replacement for Gray who is possibly off to Fulham for maybe as little as £7M.
Surely Arnie should be seen as an addition to the squad rather than filling a likely hole? Gray has pace. THE PL commodity.
Having 3-4 front men with power and pace is the desired requirement for a PL team.

Gray only has a year left on his contract. I'd definitely prefer to keep him but if they want to make some money on him then they have to sell now, and they'll make four times what they paid for him if the fee is £7m. And if money is tight then £7m may well be the difference between being able to bring in another starter (which Grey won't be even if he stays) or not.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 23 Jul - 16:58

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Welcome Arnie!

Gray only has a year left on his contract. I'd definitely prefer to keep him but if they want to make some money on him then they have to sell now, and they'll make four times what they paid for him if the fee is £7m. And if money is tight then £7m may well be the difference between being able to bring in another starter (which Grey won't be even if he stays) or not.
It's the £7m valuation. Surely more?
I've always liked this guy. Just needed consistency, but maybe it's more than that. Defensive duties, dressing room attitude?
The year that Leicester won the league, Gray was brutal against Baines, yet he still wasn't a regular.
We're back to the Moyes era. 17 players who can play in more than 1 position. Then pray for good health.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sun 23 Jul - 17:31

Welcome Arnie!

Yeah, good interview, but was the interviewer taking part in a How Many Different Ways Can You Ask the SAme Question Competition?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 23 Jul - 18:03

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Welcome Arnie!

I've always liked this guy. Just needed consistency, but maybe it's more than that. Defensive duties, dressing room attitude?
The year that Leicester won the league, Gray was brutal against Baines, yet he still wasn't a regular.
We're back to the Moyes era. 17 players who can play in more than 1 position. Then pray for good health.

It's end product that's the issue. 33 games last season - 4 goals and 1 assist. Which is decent in a struggling team I suppose, and he'd have got a few more assists if we had a striker, but it's not great. In contrast, McNeil played 36, scored 7 and got 3 assists.

I'd like him to stay, particularly 'cos he's bailed us out a few times (Man City away this season, Arsenal at home under Rafa), but perhaps £7m in the bank to spend on a striker or another winger (Gnonto?) is a reasonable bit of business.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 23 Jul - 19:40

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Welcome Arnie!

I have no idea if this £7m from Fulham is genuine or just tittle-tattle. But for argument's sake, let's just say that if that's what Fulham have offered for him, and they're the only bidder, and we accept that bid, then that's his valuation.

Of course, we would have the option of saying no to Fulham because our valuation is higher. That's a question, therefore, of whether the club chooses to hold its nerve on the expectation that a higher bid will come in from somewhere. If they just want to get something for him rather than him going on a free next summer, and if we can't afford to play poker, then we may have to accept that bid.

I agree, he's worth more than that. And I'd rather keep him anyway as we need a squad, not just an improved first XI. But we don't know what the transfer kitty is, that's the thing.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 24 Jul - 7:12

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Welcome Arnie!

I have no idea if this £7m from Fulham is genuine or just tittle-tattle. But for argument's sake, let's just say that if that's what Fulham have offered for him, and they're the only bidder, and we accept that bid, then that's his valuation.

Of course, we would have the option of saying no to Fulham because our valuation is higher. That's a question, therefore, of whether the club chooses to hold its nerve on the expectation that a higher bid will come in from somewhere. If they just want to get something for him rather than him going on a free next summer, and if we can't afford to play poker, then we may have to accept that bid.

I agree, he's worth more than that. And I'd rather keep him anyway as we need a squad, not just an improved first XI. But we don't know what the transfer kitty is, that's the thing.
and what wages is Gray on?.. that could mean a player Dyche wants on loan for a season.... and all we need to target next season is not being in the relegation scrap.... then start to buy players for future & with resale value

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 24 Jul - 9:08

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Welcome Arnie!

and what wages is Gray on?.. that could mean a player Dyche wants on loan for a season.... and all we need to target next season is not being in the relegation scrap.... then start to buy players for future & with resale value

I see Danjuma as an upgrade on Gray. He has more pace, more end product and is more versatile across the front line. We only have him for a year, but Gray's contract runs out in a year, so it's a like-for-like.

If we can get £10m for Gray, it would represent a very chunky profit on a player who will go on a free at the end of the season.

Dyche and Thelwell need to balance the books, and upgrade every position where possible. I think they're doing that. Danjuma and Young are both short term options, for different reasons, but both are very solid signings in our bid to avoid another relegation battle.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 24 Jul - 10:03

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Welcome Arnie!

I see Danjuma as an upgrade on Gray.  He has more pace, more end product and is more versatile across the front line.  We only have him for a year, but Gray's contract runs out in a year, so it's a like-for-like.

If we can get £10m for Gray, it would represent a very chunky profit on a player who will go on a free at the end of the season.

Dyche and Thelwell need to balance the books, and upgrade every position where possible.  I think they're doing that.  Danjuma and Young are both short term options, for different reasons, but both are very solid signings in our bid to avoid another relegation battle.
It's clearly screaming FFP.
When Gray joined us we had the same kind of window. Out of contract players and cheapos like Gray.
So who's next?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 24 Jul - 10:30

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Welcome Arnie!

I see Danjuma as an upgrade on Gray.  He has more pace, more end product and is more versatile across the front line.  We only have him for a year, but Gray's contract runs out in a year, so it's a like-for-like.

Dyche and Thelwell need to balance the books, and upgrade every position where possible.  I think they're doing that.  Danjuma and Young are both short term options, for different reasons, but both are very solid signings in our bid to avoid another relegation battle.
When Gray joined us we had the same kind of window.  Out of contract players and cheapos like Gray.
So who's next?
out or in Yank ?

I think Holgate out since he was only selected for the stiffs on Saturday when 2 friendlies ran together.... and we need that striker, so Toure hopefully... although I know as much about him as I did about Sandro, Tosun or Keane ..... so who knows ... I really hope it's not Che Adams who I've read too much about lately

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 24 Jul - 11:05

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Welcome Arnie!

When Gray joined us we had the same kind of window.  Out of contract players and cheapos like Gray.
So who's next?
out or in Yank ?

I think Holgate out since he was only selected for the stiffs on Saturday when 2 friendlies ran together.... and we need that striker, so Toure hopefully... although I know as much about him as I did about Sandro, Tosun or Keane ..... so who knows ... I really hope it's not Che Adams who I've read too much about lately
It's probably going to be someone we know little of, and last minute too.
You feel Dyche will be looking for a beefy target man?
Holgate had such promise when he pushed Fermino into their main stand, but sadly had a few calamities and his game went south.
That would leave us dangerously short of one top drawer CB.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 24 Jul - 11:08

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Welcome Arnie!

So who's next?
out or in Yank ?

Holgate had such promise when he pushed Fermino into their main stand, but sadly had a few calamities and his game went south.
I agree... but you could argue that in a trimmed lean squad... on the assumption that he will play 4 in the back that 2 CB's from Branthwaite, Godfrey, Keane & Tarks isn't bad.... It's borderline dangerous re: cover but ho hum ... does make the decision to release Coady rather odd though

btw.. also on who's out next... JPGb & Gomes must be prime candidates too... and bloody Maupey !!!

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 24 Jul - 12:06

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Welcome Arnie!

So who's next?
out or in Yank ?

I agree... but you could argue that in a trimmed lean squad... on the assumption that he will play 4 in the back that 2 CB's from Branthwaite, Godfrey, Keane & Tarks isn't bad.... It's borderline dangerous re: cover but ho hum ... does make the decision to release Coady rather odd though

btw.. also on who's out next... JPGb & Gomes must be prime candidates too... and bloody Maupey !!!

Wouldn't be surprised if we bring in a Johnny Evans type centre back for a season - someone experienced/almost past it.  We're looking at a mixture of short-termism and (hopefully) planning for the future right now.  At the moment we're only seeing the short term stuff, but I'm assuming there'll be at least one under 25 year old coming in, like El Billal Toure, or like Jimmy Garner and Onana last year.  

It's a balancing act that we got horribly wrong in January, but better last summer.  The key for me is to be in a position where we're not desperate for a signing in January, so decent cover for all positions.  Right now I think the main thing is another striker (we have Danjuma so far) and a goalkeeper to cover for Jordan if he gets injured.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 21 Dec - 18:46

According to reports in Spain, Villarreal could look to recall Arnaut Danjuma in the January transfer window after the forward's lack of minutes at Goodison Park.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 21 Dec - 19:02

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:According to reports in Spain, Villarreal could look to recall Arnaut Danjuma in the January transfer window after the forward's lack of minutes at Goodison Park.
I can see us moving into the transfer market this window. Unload Danjuma and get a real number 10, although they're few and far between.
It's what we lacked against Fulham. With the Duke out for a game of 2, it highlights where we are lacking. No real support for DCL the other night.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 22 Dec - 10:58

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:According to reports in Spain, Villarreal could look to recall Arnaut Danjuma in the January transfer window after the forward's lack of minutes at Goodison Park.
I can see us moving into the transfer market this window. Unload Danjuma and get a real number 10, although they're few and far between.
It's what we lacked against Fulham. With the Duke out for a game of 2, it highlights where we are lacking. No real support for DCL the other night.

Danjuma is a terrible fit for our current style. He's a "me" player, not a "we" player, and that's no use to our system at all. Look at Harrison and McNeil - they give 100% every minute, tracking back tirelessly. Danjuma has a bit of flash about him, but that's no good if you aren't serving the team, which is what Dyche is all about.

People talk about Gomes and Dele coming back and offering something, but neither of them has what it takes to play in this Everton team. Gomes is too slow and gives the ball up too easily, Dele is a better version of Danjuma.

Sadly, I don't think we have any money to invest, and what we do have we'll save for the summer, so the best we could get would be another loan. I doubt if we'll do any business in January.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3