606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester v Everton

+6
Goodison_Gringo
Rotterdam 1985
Helenqu
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Leicester v Everton - Page 4 Empty Re: Leicester v Everton

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 8 May - 16:20

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Brilliant. We almost looked like a decent side at times in that second half.

Great coverage from the USA channel at the end. A good 10 mins just watching fans in the away end.

Got to keep this going!

Lol yeah just posted something on that. No commentary needed, very good.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14853
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 8 May - 16:20

I was wearing my 2011 le coq sportif home shirt today with an Everton hoodie on top - clearly I need to continue wearing them for the at least the rest of the season.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74434
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 8 May - 16:24

I hated every minute of that game. How long did it go on for, like three hours? I looked at the clock at one point and I fucking swear it had gone backwards.

But..... WHAT A WIN!!!!!

Mykolenko goal was a cracker, and Jordan MOTM again. Actually thought that was Iwobi's best game for us too, he was first to everything. Can't believe Mina is crocked again, but Keane was superb to be fair.

Great time to be being playing Leicester, they really weren't up for it, otherwise they probably would have beaten us comfortably. Still, we've been due some of this kind of "played okay, got three points" stuff.

UTFT!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25881

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 8 May - 16:45

To think we considered Mykki was a dud? Now we're concerned about him being hurt.
How can Iwobi go from dud to divine (I'm working hard on my alliteration here)?
Now maybe first choice in midfield. Feck off all you boo boys. Looks what positive thinking does.
JP was just in a zone of his own.
Rondon has some strange role now. We should present him with the Golden Corner Flag at the end of the season.

As for commentators, they can go and do one. We did not invent the dark arts. Critics usually saying we were too nice.
We've all seen CL teams and at last we've caught up. All hail to Lamps and Cole.

COYBs cheers Leicester v Everton - Page 4 186792
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 8 May - 17:10

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Blues at the end.

Watching that I got tears in my eyes. Wonderful.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 8 May - 17:11

Thing about Iwobi is this. Anyone can look duff when they are barely played and have no set position and idea of what they’re supposed to be doing. Everton have had so little consistency, that really it’s hard to judge too many of our players. Wvertonians on Twitter are the absolute worst at this, but anyone writing off Mykolenko after hardly starting and looking a bit green in a few appearances really needs to give their head a wobble.

Pickford showed again that he’s the best shot stopper in the league, by some margin. Nervy one but results are the only Hong that counts. If city win this would almost be the perfect weekend.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 8 May - 17:24

Tonteau wrote:Thing about Iwobi is this. Anyone can look duff when they are barely played and have no set position and idea of what they’re supposed to be doing. Everton have had so little consistency, that really it’s hard to judge too many of our players. Wvertonians on Twitter are the absolute worst at this, but anyone writing off Mykolenko after hardly starting and looking a bit green in a few appearances really needs to give their head a wobble.

Pickford showed again that he’s the best shot stopper in the league, by some margin. Nervy one but results are the only Hong that counts. If city win this would almost be the perfect weekend.
got to agree... Iwobi has been pretty good, runs his heart out & tries & tries, ok he made mistakes but his effort & passion makes up for it ... Myko a bit more advanced has been pinning the left extremely well... I guess the Myko thing from some is because he had big boots to fill with the stupidity of FSW letting Digne go because he wanted to prove what a great big brilliant boss he is.

I thought Delph was amazing again today... and superb in the last few tbh... he's been our linchpin

JP is simply world class

Number of posts : 41052

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 8 May - 19:23

I think the value of Mykolenko was illustrated by how open we looked down our left when he was replaced by Kenny. Nothing against the lad, but Kenny is nowhere near Mykolenko’s level in that position.

Mykolenko ain’t the finished article yet, but he’s definitely showing signs that’s he’s comfortable at this level.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25881

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 8 May - 21:41

....and we're so excited about being 16th. cheers

(who remembers the Rooney era, when the club made a DVD called "Magnificent 7th. ?)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 8 May - 22:47

Yankthattoffee wrote:....and we're so excited about being 16th.  cheers

(who remembers the Rooney era, when the club made a DVD called "Magnificent 7th.  ?)  
Erm, I bought it and still have it.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing cheers cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 8 May - 23:59

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:....and we're so excited about being 16th.  cheers

(who remembers the Rooney era, when the club made a DVD called "Magnificent 7th.  ?)  
Erm, I bought it and still have it.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing cheers cheers

Those were the days! Leicester v Everton - Page 4 Food-smi
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 9 May - 17:03

I think I am addicted to that Mykolenko goal. Have watched it on a loop, oooh, several dozen times so far, conservative estimate that.

Tony Bellew just randomly posted a link to it on Twitter so I indulged in another couple of dozen views.

Ian Wright tried to explain why it was such a good goal on MOTD2 last night; he was trying to explain why it didn't go sailing miles over the bar despite Myko leaning back. It's the fact that he didn't try to overhit the thing, that's the beauty of it. Just a perfect combo of power and placement. Ask him to do that 100 times again and he probably won't catch another one as sweetly as that.

Also, no doubt in my mind that Iwobi's cross was intended for Richie. Very Happy
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 9 May - 17:19

you'll like this Rotts ! I love you I love you

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 9 May - 17:25

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:you'll like this Rotts ! I love you  I love you

FFS mate I really need to get some work done...

...OK I'll just have one quick watch.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 9 May - 17:38

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

i bet you ten onions that you watch it more than twice Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 9 May - 17:43

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Ian Wright tried to explain why it was such a good goal on MOTD2 last night; he was trying to explain why it didn't go sailing miles over the bar despite Myko leaning back. It's the fact that he didn't try to overhit the thing, that's the beauty of it. Just a perfect combo of power and placement. Ask him to do that 100 times again and he probably won't catch another one as sweetly as that.

I am pretty sure there is a you tube vid (oh yeah, the one above) that shows Mykolenko hitting it 10 or 12 times in a row. Now either it's not that difficult or the man actually is a fucking genius. What made me really think is - why Leicester never really closed him down af ter the first couple of attempts. It stands to reason that any rational person/manager would try to make adjustments. Which is why I never want Rodgers anywhere near the Everton dugout with our pin badge in his lapel.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9792

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 9 May - 18:09

Da Judge wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Ian Wright tried to explain why it was such a good goal on MOTD2 last night; he was trying to explain why it didn't go sailing miles over the bar despite Myko leaning back. It's the fact that he didn't try to overhit the thing, that's the beauty of it. Just a perfect combo of power and placement. Ask him to do that 100 times again and he probably won't catch another one as sweetly as that.

I am pretty sure there is a you tube vid (oh yeah, the one above) that shows Mykolenko hitting it 10 or 12 times in a row. Now either it's not that difficult or the man actually is a fucking genius. What made me really think is - why Leicester never really closed him down af ter the first couple of attempts. It stands to reason that any rational person/manager would try to make adjustments. Which is why I never want Rodgers anywhere near the Everton dugout with our pin badge in his lapel.

This is very true, you're right, I'm doing him a disservice. He hits it the same way every time.

The general vibe from Leicester fans on Twitter after the game, incidentally, appeared to be that Brendan is an underachieving twat who is taking them backwards. They've had a lot of injuries this season in fairness, but he can't argue with the twat bit.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 9 May - 18:55

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

This is very true, you're right, I'm doing him a disservice. He hits it the same way every time.

The general vibe from Leicester fans on Twitter after the game, incidentally, appeared to be that Brendan is an underachieving twat who is taking them backwards. They've had a lot of injuries this season in fairness, but he can't argue with the twat bit.

I’m not one for heaping praise on Rodgers but he’s won more at Leicester than we have in the last 27 years. They’ve had a poor season but I think it would be madness to get rid of him. A few players back and some decent transfers and they’ll be a very handy team.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 9 May - 20:24

I'm looking for top spin?
A kind of Muralitharan thing going on.
We need some free-kick variations and get this guy involved. Ernie Hunt type of thing.
I hope it's just cramp.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 9 May - 21:22

Yankthattoffee wrote:I'm looking for top spin?
We need some free-kick variations and get this guy involved. Ernie Hunt type of thing.
I hope it's just cramp.

Can't remember the last time I was rooting for a bloke to succeed quite so much. I remember looking at his face before the City game. He just looked bewildered and a bit scared, not long arrived in a new country, war in his homeland, and he doubtless knew he was being asked to replace a very popular player who the fans wanted to keep.

That goal will be the iconic moment of our season, I reckon (assuming we stay up.) Not quite Andy King/Graeme Sharp/Barry Horne level, but not far off.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 9 May - 21:28

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
I hope it's just cramp.

Can't remember the last time I was rooting for a bloke to succeed quite so much. I remember looking at his face before the City game. He just looked bewildered and a bit scared, not long arrived in a new country, war in his homeland, and he doubtless knew he was being asked to replace a very popular player who the fans wanted to keep.

That goal will be the iconic moment of our season, I reckon (assuming we stay up.) Not quite Andy King/Graeme Sharp/Barry Horne level, but not far off.
Last week I got 150/1 for Norwich/Watford/Southampton to go down.
I think I've still got a chance, even after Leeds' display.
That will be my iconic moment when I pick up my £3000.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 9 May - 21:54

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
I hope it's just cramp.

I have a brave bet of a different order. After the Derby, I posted on another thread that I could see all 3 of us (Burnley, Leeds and Us on 35 points). I also said that Leeds would be the ones to go. Now I was complimented by Rotts for my optimism ... an whilst its true that we are still in the hunt to drop, I spoke to a friend within my turf accountants and asked him what would he offer for Everton to 16th or above - this is before Chelsea and we 5 points adrift.

"To you C - we'll go 11/2"

Thanks I'll have £300 please... for £1,650 plus stake return will do very nicely

So fingers crossed. I am going to South Carolina in 6 weeks to play some golf (Wexford, Man O War, Myrtlewood, Myrtle Beach National) if it comes off my green fees and drinking fund will be covered.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 9 May - 22:04

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Ian Wright on MoTD2 last night alluded to the decline in the Shoite's defensive capability from corners and dead ball situations... which was under the tutelage of one Brendan Rogers at the time. If memory serves th deficiencies were completely masked by Suarez's exploits etc...

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 9 May - 22:39

Da Judge wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
I hope it's just cramp.

I have a brave bet of a different order. After the Derby, I posted on another thread that I could see all 3 of us (Burnley, Leeds and Us on 35 points). I also said that Leeds would be the ones to go. Now I was complimented by Rotts for my optimism ... an whilst its true that we are still in the hunt to drop, I spoke to a friend within my turf accountants and asked him what would he offer for Everton to 16th or above - this is before Chelsea and we 5 points adrift.

Thanks I'll have £300 please... for £1,650 plus stake return will do very nicely

So fingers crossed. I am going to South Carolina in 6 weeks to play some golf (Wexford, Man O War, Myrtlewood, Myrtle Beach National) if it comes off my green fees and drinking fund will be covered.

Nice. Fingers crossed indeed. That Burnley loss to Villa must have had you rubbing your hands then? That could be the result that brings your bet in.

We're 12/1 to go down now, with Bet365. Burnley now slight favourites but they have it as essentially a toss-up between Burnley and Leeds.

I'm not feeling that cocksure just yet. There may still be some twists, but we have a bit of confidence now. 10 points from five games consisting of Chelsea, United, the Shite and 2 x Leicester is at least 6 points more than I thought we'd get from those games (I genuinely thought we could beat United.) But it's the really shit teams we've struggled against, since August really. So I'm certainly not taking the Watford game for granted.

Finish the block, as they say in the NFL. Run through the tape, no slowing down now the momentum is with us.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 9 May - 23:17

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
I hope it's just cramp.

Nice. Fingers crossed indeed. That Burnley loss to Villa must have had you rubbing your hands then? That could be the result that brings your bet in.

We're 12/1 to go down now, with Bet365. Burnley now slight favourites but they have it as essentially a toss-up between Burnley and Leeds.

I'm not feeling that cocksure just yet. There may still be some twists, but we have a bit of confidence now. 10 points from five games consisting of Chelsea, United, the Shite and 2 x Leicester is at least 6 points more than I thought we'd get from those games (I genuinely thought we could beat United.) But it's the really shit teams we've struggled against, since August really. So I'm certainly not taking the Watford game for granted.

Finish the block, as they say in the NFL. Run through the tape, no slowing down now the momentum is with us.

Yeah, not finished yet... but if we are honest we have been damned lucky as to how the things have turned out....

Chelsea just after a crippling loss in Madrid
Leicester after a similar loss in Rome
Watford - week after formally relegated
Brentford and Palace at home
Arsenal away when its likely they have nothing to play for CL already assured...

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4