606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19 - Vitaly Mykolenko - call me Myko

+4
Armchair
Super
Made 4 Gwladys
Blue gazza
8 posters

Go down

19 - Vitaly Mykolenko - call me Myko Empty 19 - Vitaly Mykolenko - call me Myko

Post  Blue gazza Thu 16 Dec 2021, 6:16 pm

The Bobble
@ElBobble
Everton Football Club are in talks with Dynamo Kiev, over the transfer of highly rated left back, Vitaly Mykolenko 🔵

is this the end of digne ?
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

19 - Vitaly Mykolenko - call me Myko Empty Re: 19 - Vitaly Mykolenko - call me Myko

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 16 Dec 2021, 6:41 pm

Blue gazza wrote:
The Bobble
@ElBobble
Everton Football Club are in talks with Dynamo Kiev, over the transfer of highly rated left back, Vitaly Mykolenko 🔵

is this the end of digne ?
he's crossed the waiter hasn't he .. he's out

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

19 - Vitaly Mykolenko - call me Myko Empty Re: 19 - Vitaly Mykolenko - call me Myko

Post  Super Fri 17 Dec 2021, 10:47 am

Super
Super

Number of posts : 38109
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 20 Dec 2021, 10:15 pm

Vitaliy Mykalenko to Everton is a done deal. All that’s left is the official announcement.

[@FabrizioRomano] 🔵 Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 01 Jan 2022, 10:12 am

Everton have signed defender Vitaliy Mykolenko from Dynamo Kiev for an undisclosed fee, the Ukraine international agreeing a four-and-a-half-year deal until the end of June 2026.
Mykolenko, 22, becomes the Blues’ first signing of the January transfer window having impressed at both club and international level in recent years.
Ukraine’s premier left-back, Mykolenko has won 21 caps for his country and was a key part of the team which reached the quarter-finals of Euro 2020.
Mykolenko featured regularly in Dynamo’s past two Champions League campaigns and was instrumental in his side’s domestic league title triumph in 2020/21. He has also won two Ukrainian Cups with Dynamo.
Speaking to evertontv after becoming manager Rafa Benitez’s sixth signing as Blues manager, Mykolenko said: “Moving to Everton is a big and important step in my life.
“I have always dreamed of playing in the Premier League. English football is where the game was born and I think that it will suit my game very well.
“I am 22 but I don’t feel like a youngster. I have experience of playing at European level and hope I will continue to improve as a player.
“I am excited about the opportunity of playing in front of our supporters at Everton. I have seen the last few games at Goodison Park and they were unbelievable.
“They are incredible fans to whom I feel great responsibility.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2435163/everton-sign-mykolenko?fbclid=IwAR28DxGVsQu3HmVk5buaLHD7dIC1UFdpnaQzm_AewBR_JtOSKXrpf2qFtzg

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 01 Jan 2022, 11:01 am

cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 01 Jan 2022, 2:23 pm

Hopefully he'll work out just fine. Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74433

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 01 Jan 2022, 2:34 pm

great signing, young, experienced, international, eager and got pace.

who is he ? lol!

1st of many hopefully, now clear the deadwood out
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 01 Jan 2022, 2:41 pm

Get the phrase book out quick.
I've always found it amazing that so many languages can be accommodated in a football team.
There must be protocols in place in most PL teams, to cope with 6-7 dialects shouting "clear, away, man-on, yours, goalie's, etc. " I guess "Fecking hit him!" comes across without much need for translation.
Number 3 must have been retired. maybe getting him to work for it?

Anyway Happy 2022 to y'all and the new kid on the block.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 02 Jan 2022, 9:06 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Get the phrase book out quick.
I've always found it amazing that so many languages can be accommodated in a football team.
There must be protocols in place in most PL teams, to cope with 6-7 dialects shouting "clear, away, man-on, yours, goalie's, etc. " I guess "Fecking hit him!" comes across without much need for translation.
Number 3 must have been retired. maybe getting him to work for it?

Anyway Happy 2022 to y'all and the new kid on the block.

Happy new year Yank. It was apparent, very early on in my own youth coaching days, that 7-year-olds had no idea what I was on about when I was shouting "man on", "lay it off" and "goal-side". Had to change my terminology pretty quickly.

I would imagine it's somewhat similar for managers signing foreign players. Especially managers with thick Glaswegian accents. It will remain one of football's great mysteries how Sir Alex managed to win 13 league titles with a load of foreigners who can't have had the first idea what he was talking about.

To that end, it may actually be easier in the Prem for foreign managers to deal with foreign players. I once read somewhere a story about four work colleagues from different countries getting together for a conference or something. One was a native English speaker, the other three were not, but all spoke good "business" English. The story had it that the native English speaker struggled during conversation because he couldn't help using colloquialisms that the other three didn't understand. But the other three got on famously because they all had pretty much the same level of English vocab.

I deal with a lot of overseas people in my job and this kind of thing was brought home to me in slightly absurd fashion a few years ago. I was talking to a German colleague early in the morning about a serious data issue and signed off our conversation with "well, at the end of the day, it just needs to be fixed." Twenty minutes later my manager contacted me to tell me that the German colleague had escalated the issue to him. Turns out he thought I meant I was literally going to leave the fix until the end of the working day.

I've been on "cultural awareness" courses on the subject where we, native English speakers, are trained to treat "Business English" or "Global English" almost as a different language. The theory, which is perfectly reasonable I think, is that non-native English speakers have to translate everything in their head from their own language to English, so why can't we also do that, and translate from "local" to "global" English? So yeah, I'd have thought that football clubs would have some way of handling language issues.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Yankthattoffee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 22 Feb 2022, 2:08 pm

May I start a minor theory?
Has Mykolenko's lack of involvement recently had anything to do with the situation in his home country?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 22 Feb 2022, 10:31 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:May I start a minor theory?
Has Mykolenko's lack of involvement recently had anything to do with the situation in his home country?
Oh has been practising bombing up and down his wing I am all for it… actually he is from the centre/east part of the country closer to the trouble than Kyiv. Although almost certainly he will friends who are threatened.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down