606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Arsenal

+5
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
Rotterdam 1985
hairy cataract
Super
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Everton v Arsenal - Page 4 Empty Re: Everton v Arsenal

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 07 Dec 2021, 12:35 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:For the few arseholes who left on 27 minutes....Feck off and don't come back.
Get a refund on your tickets and stay away. The Everton chants drowned anything you wanted to say, anyway.
For the guy who shouted at me that it was his right, go and book an appointment with a psychologist.
If you pay for a ticket each week to moan groan and boo, and knowing so before you even get to GP, get a shrink.
Tonight is what footy is all about.
A stereotypical night at GP full of grievance and emotion.
I used every bit of superstitious nonsense I could muster.
I had my wife wash the Derby game out of my blue skicoat, wore my jolly Christmas sweater, and took my nephew who has never seen us lose. I even had him swap seats at half time. It fecking worked, and I thank each of you for your good wishes.
and in case I was a bit vague, if you left on 27 minutes....Feck off and don't come back.

Great post.

I've just never seen the point of stuff like this. And they picked the wrong game anyway. For all that Arsenal are flawed and fragile, they're good enough (and also, from that London) for the bulk of the crowd to get behind the team. Had it been Norwich, it may have been different.

We all know the Goodison atmosphere can be toxic at times. So my pre-match dread was related to that as much as the anticipated defeat, but it did feel to me, watching on the telly, that the majority of the crowd just wanted to get behind the boys. The commentators seemed a bit gutted though. They obviously wanted the story. But it was weirdly heartwarming to see that story drift away along with a handful of bellends who subsequently missed our best 45 minutes of the season.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14855
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Tue 07 Dec 2021, 1:59 pm

Cracking atmosphere 2nd half, much more like it!! At least the boys put in a full shift. Godfrey lucky to stay on but cant be faulted for attitude. Would have lost that on another day, but won 4-3 on another, another day. Thems the breaks!!! Not sure what the walkout achieves as we are only going ton survive with the crowd fully behind the team, even in difficult circumstances. Just hoping DCL can get fit soon, we are winging thise crosses in but no one to take advantage
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 07 Dec 2021, 3:14 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Gringo, Sef, the last two posts are spot-on. We need every ounce of quality we can get at the moment. Gomes in for Gordon (who reminds me of a right-footed Kilbane, a willing workhorse but not much else) in a midfield three, with Gray and Townsend either side of Richie is the best we've got until DCL is back.

Looks like Digne might have had a row with Rafa and got dropped. Annoying and badly-timed, as he's also a cut above most of this squad. We need them to sort that out sharpish.

It was reported that some the players didn't like style football Benitez trying to play think it was Digne who didn't like what he called ugly football.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10614
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 07 Dec 2021, 3:55 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:For the few arseholes who left on 27 minutes....Feck off and don't come back.
Get a refund on your tickets and stay away. The Everton chants drowned anything you wanted to say, anyway.
For the guy who shouted at me that it was his right, go and book an appointment with a psychologist.
If you pay for a ticket each week to moan groan and boo, and knowing so before you even get to GP, get a shrink.
I had my wife wash the Derby game out of my blue skicoat, wore my jolly Christmas sweater, and took my nephew who has never seen us lose. I even had him swap seats at half time. It fecking worked, and I thank each of you for your good wishes.
and in case I was a bit vague, if you left on 27 minutes....Feck off and don't come back.
mate ... take your nephew to every game... please Very Happy

Number of posts : 41056
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 07 Dec 2021, 4:19 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
mate ... take your nephew to every game... please Very Happy
He already asked me when the next game was. He was 16 when we beat City 4-0 and that was his last game. His first was a 3-1 win against Villa in the cup when Rodwell got one and we were predicting great things for him. Every other game in between was a win, although he says we draw one. So I need to have him put the fluence on Vardy. Mind you he's gonna have to get up early for a Noon KO. (Big ask)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 07 Dec 2021, 5:25 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Gringo, Sef, the last two posts are spot-on. We need every ounce of quality we can get at the moment. Gomes in for Gordon (who reminds me of a right-footed Kilbane, a willing workhorse but not much else) in a midfield three, with Gray and Townsend either side of Richie is the best we've got until DCL is back.

Looks like Digne might have had a row with Rafa and got dropped. Annoying and badly-timed, as he's also a cut above most of this squad. We need them to sort that out sharpish.

It was reported that some the players didn't like style football Benitez trying to play think it was Digne who didn't like what he called ugly football.

I mean, in my opinion we're not exactly playing Allardyce ball at the moment. We're doing what we can with the players we have. Several of our players don't have the greatest first touch. Even Richie, Allan and Doucoure (all of whom I love for what they do) can be iffy in possession, without even getting into the technical limitations of Holgate, Coleman, Iwobi, Gordon, Rondon etc.

We can only play good quality football when we have good quality players. Until then, we need to scrap for every point we can get, whichever way we can. So Digne just needs to knuckle down and do his job because the last thing we need right now is a two-bit dressing room rebellion based on some naive desire to be a poundshop Man City, while we're looking over our shoulders and trying to stay out of the shit.

If this is actually what happened (and something obviously happened) then the only thing worse than Digne being naive here is Digne being cynical and trying to engineer a January move out of the club because he doesn't fancy it anymore. Either way, see ya, because we don't have time for this. And he clearly hasn't done his homework on who he's locking horns with because Benitez is the most stubborn bastard in football.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 07 Dec 2021, 5:58 pm

If you can be arsed, watch this. Have to hand it to these Gooners, they know their football and they acknowledge Richie and Gray deserving the goals. It's funny when you see fans of other teams going through what we go through week in week out. It's so topsy turvy below the top three. How fucking dull must it be being a Citteh, Chav or RS fan?

Mind you, I'd take some dull thanks very much.

Sorry don't know how to embed vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI9sgYNltA0&t=440s
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25883
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 07 Dec 2021, 7:14 pm

hairy cataract wrote:If you can be arsed, watch this.  Have to hand it to these Gooners, they know their football and they acknowledge Richie and Gray deserving the goals.  It's funny when you see fans of other teams going through what we go through week in week out.  It's so topsy turvy below the top three.  How fucking dull must it be being a Citteh, Chav or RS fan?  

Well this made a change from watching a video of the winning goal on a loop, which I've been doing since about 10pm last night, on and off. As ever, the Spanish and Arabic commentary versions are the best. Or with Alan Partridge commentary...

https://twitter.com/_TheEvertonIAN/status/1468001649595752450

What was striking about that was that they weren't ranting about the Godfrey stamp, no mention of it at all. If that was the Shite or Chelsea, that's all we'd have been hearing about.

I've got three Gooners in my team, two youngsters and an older fella who considers himself to be "long-suffering." Yeah right, as though the Wenger years didn't happen. Anyway we were arguing yesterday about who why our own team was going to lose, it was like reverse-baiting. "You'll do us 4-0, we're shit." "Bollocks will we, we're so soft", that kind of thing.

So he comes at me this morning with his "I told you so routine." I wasn't going to say anything, he started the conversation even though his lot lost, because he was more right about how bad his team is than me. It was quite funny. One of the younger lads was incensed about Godfrey not getting a red but the other two didn't even mention it.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 07 Dec 2021, 10:09 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:If you can be arsed, watch this.  Have to hand it to these Gooners, they know their football and they acknowledge Richie and Gray deserving the goals.  It's funny when you see fans of other teams going through what we go through week in week out.  It's so topsy turvy below the top three.  How fucking dull must it be being a Citteh, Chav or RS fan?  

Well this made a change from watching a video of the winning goal on a loop, which I've been doing since about 10pm last night, on and off. As ever, the Spanish and Arabic commentary versions are the best. Or with Alan Partridge commentary...

What was striking about that was that they weren't ranting about the Godfrey stamp, no mention of it at all. If that was the Shite or Chelsea, that's all we'd have been hearing about.

I've got three Gooners in my team, two youngsters and an older fella who considers himself to be "long-suffering." Yeah right, as though the Wenger years didn't happen. Anyway we were arguing yesterday about who why our own team was going to lose, it was like reverse-baiting. "You'll do us 4-0, we're shit." "Bollocks will we, we're so soft", that kind of thing.

So he comes at me this morning with his "I told you so routine." I wasn't going to say anything, he started the conversation even though his lot lost, because he was more right about how bad his team is than me. It was quite funny. One of the younger lads was incensed about Godfrey not getting a red but the other two didn't even mention it.
I didn't see the stamp until I got back to the Top House and saw it on Sky. It looked like Godfrey trod on him, but thought twice about really digging in, and just glanced over him. You guys would have just got up if it had been a Sunday Zingari game. I've only seen it the once so I may be swayed a second time.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 07 Dec 2021, 11:38 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

I didn't see the stamp until I got back to the Top House and saw it on Sky. It looked like Godfrey trod on him, but thought twice about really digging in, and just glanced over him. You guys would have just got up if it had been a Sunday Zingari game. I've only seen it the once so I may be swayed a second time.

I'm not convinced he did it deliberately. It looked deliberate to me but as the old cliche goes, only the player will know for certain.

What I'm saying is that, in the VAR age and given some of the reds we've seen after referral to VAR, I'm amazed that wasn't a red on review.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 07 Dec 2021, 11:42 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

I'm not convinced he did it deliberately. It looked deliberate to me but as the old cliche goes, only the player will know for certain.

What I'm saying is that, in the VAR age and given some of the reds we've seen after referral to VAR, I'm amazed that wasn't a red on review.

Just to add, they don't really base these decisions on intent these days. It goes on the degree of recklessness. Make an honest attempt at a tackle and if you're a millisecond late and catch the player with a foot a few inches off the ground, you can go, for being reckless, "out of control."

I'm just saying we dodged a bullet there.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 08 Dec 2021, 1:29 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Just to add, they don't really base these decisions on intent these days. It goes on the degree of recklessness. Make an honest attempt at a tackle and if you're a millisecond late and catch the player with a foot a few inches off the ground, you can go, for being reckless, "out of control."

I thought it was accidental but as soon as they slow it down and look at it, you expect to be in trouble. I read some ex-ref (Ellery I think) saying it was the right and only decision. He argued the fact that there was an element of doubt as to whether there was intent, which means that you can't send him off and that's why VAR didn't tell Mike Dean to go to the screen (once you do that you're basically telling the ref he made a mistake.)

Still, definitely dodged a bullet.

I guess it doesn't matter now, but I've given up on watching The Ashes after the first 70 minutes and haven't got anything else to do now!
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 08 Dec 2021, 9:29 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

I thought it was accidental but as soon as they slow it down and look at it, you expect to be in trouble. I read some ex-ref (Ellery I think) saying it was the right and only decision. He argued the fact that there was an element of doubt as to whether there was intent, which means that you can't send him off and that's why VAR didn't tell Mike Dean to go to the screen (once you do that you're basically telling the ref he made a mistake.)

I guess it doesn't matter now, but I've given up on watching The Ashes after the first 70 minutes and haven't got anything else to do now!

We've seen players sent off, via VAR, for accidentally catching opponents running across them with their follow-through while shooting or passing. It's things like that that make me think that intent isn't even a question now, especially with anything to the head. Not sure whether Elleray is out of date or whether they're all over the place with their VAR interpretations.

It was good of England to fall to 11-3 straight away. Made my mind up as to whether to stay up later or not.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 08 Dec 2021, 10:03 am

Think i have see this before were a Arsenal fan bemoans about Gray nearly Scoring and no Arsenal picking him up.UTFMTs
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10614
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 08 Dec 2021, 5:26 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

We've seen players sent off, via VAR, for accidentally catching opponents running across them with their follow-through while shooting or passing. It's things like that that make me think that intent isn't even a question now, especially with anything to the head. Not sure whether Elleray is out of date or whether they're all over the place with their VAR interpretations.

It was good of England to fall to 11-3 straight away. Made my mind up as to whether to stay up later or not.

Yep, it's back to the old 'consistency' argument I suppose, and VAR has done nothing to fix that.

England cricket team on the other hand are consistently shit in Australia.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4