606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Tottenham.

+2
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
6 posters

Go down

Everton v Tottenham. Empty Everton v Tottenham.

Post  SEFTON Sun 07 Nov 2021, 1:57 pm

Everton v Tottenham goodison Park14.00pm

Tottenham welcome new manager Conte.

Everton have Lucas Digne back and Damian Delph earns himself a start.

Going 2-1 UTFTs cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Everton v Tottenham. Empty Re: Everton v Tottenham.

Post  SEFTON Sun 07 Nov 2021, 2:02 pm

Any links.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 07 Nov 2021, 4:01 pm

bloody quiet in here today Laughing

I thought that was a very good 0-0

As for the VAR rejected penalty... fuck right off !!

Taking Allan off for Holgate who was totally shit again, even before his stupid unnecessary red card was an awful decision by FSW

I thought we did enough to win today, especially in the last 35 minutes

...and btw Tom Davis was epic... talk about taking one for the team... in the head at the end... well done lad Everton v Tottenham. Action-s

Number of posts : 41029
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sun 07 Nov 2021, 4:10 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:bloody quiet in here today Laughing

I thought that was a very good 0-0

As for the VAR rejected penalty... fuck right off !!

Taking Allan off for Holgate who was totally shit again, even before his stupid unnecessary red card was an awful decision by FSW

I though we did enough to win today, especially in the last 35 minutes

...and btw Tom Davis was epic... talk about taking one for the team... in the head at the end... well done lad Everton v Tottenham. Action-s

Deserved point today.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 07 Nov 2021, 4:39 pm

I'd have taken a point before kick off so am fairly happy with that. Clean sheet too. Hopefully we'll have some more players back from injury after the international break.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 07 Nov 2021, 5:28 pm

Entertaining second half, got the place rocking. Holgate is shit. Never thought I’d live to see the day when delph gets a standing ovation at goodison.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 07 Nov 2021, 10:13 pm

Looking to see what the MOTD guys think of the Penalty/VAR decision.
I thought at the game, that it was one of the worst combinations of ref/VAR.
Firstly Richie goes down under the goalie's challenge. He gets to his feet and now we have a goal scoring opportunity, but the ref blows up, and he gives the pen. He then checks VAR and rescinds the pen.
So we have been denied both the pen and that goal scoring opportunity.
To add to the nonsense, the game restarts with a dropped ball at the goalies feet, despite the fact that Richie was in possession of the ball when the whistle blew.
Fecking dreadful bit of officiating.
Now let's see MOTD. I'm sure they'll see it differently.
Then there's Holgate..........aaaagh.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 08 Nov 2021, 8:43 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Looking to see what the MOTD guys think of the Penalty/VAR decision.
Firstly Richie goes down under the goalie's challenge. He gets to his feet and now we have a goal scoring opportunity, but the ref blows up, and he gives the pen. He then checks VAR and rescinds the pen.
To add to the nonsense, the game restarts with a dropped ball at the goalies feet, despite the fact that Richie was in possession of the ball when the whistle blew.
I never understood the decision either that Lloris got the ball! Made no sense at all to me, very strange.

Holgate, who I have really liked in the past, maybe mostly because of the shove of Fermino in to the stands, is officially at the point where he is such a liability that he never ought to play for us again. Sad to see since I had high hopes for him.

The game also showcased the importance of Doucoure in the middle of the pitch. We are not nearly as good without him in the side.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74423

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 08 Nov 2021, 9:19 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Looking to see what the MOTD guys think of the Penalty/VAR decision.
I never understood the decision either that Lloris got the ball! Made no sense at all to me, very strange.

Holgate, who I have really liked in the past, maybe mostly because of the shove of Fermino in to the stands, is officially at the point where he is such a liability that he never ought to play for us again. Sad to see since I had high hopes for him.

The game also showcased the importance of Doucoure in the middle of the pitch. We are not nearly as good without him in the side.
Only Ashley Williams on MOTD got it.
If the ref doesn't blow, it's a clear cut goal scoring opportunity.
He denies that by blowing for a foul. Rickie does not claim the pen. He gets up immediately.
The way to go, which I know is split second decision making, is to use the advice that is given to assistant refs. Let it go until the play is completed.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 08 Nov 2021, 10:10 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:

He denies that by blowing for a foul. Rickie does not claim the pen. He gets up immediately.
The way to go, which I know is split second decision making, is to use the advice that is given to assistant refs. Let it go until the play is completed.

The officials got it wrong. Personally, I think it was a pen. So did the ref. There was some doubt cast by VAR - did the goalie get a fingertip? Even if he did, was Richie tripped by the goalie? But most of all, was there a clear and obvious error by the ref?

And, as Williams rightly pointed out, the ref should either have let play continue or the ball should surely have gone to us rather than Spurs for the re-start?. Terrible officiating all round. We wuz robbed.

Holgate though. He was on the pitch for a few minutes and in that time he gave the ball away twice, gave away a free-kick, and got a red card. Rafa is notoriously hard to please, and I can't see any way that Holgate will still be here in the summer (assuming Rafa stays).

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 08 Nov 2021, 11:06 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

The officials got it wrong.  Personally, I think it was a pen.  So did the ref.  There was some doubt cast by VAR - did the goalie get a fingertip?  Even if he did, was Richie tripped by the goalie?  But most of all, was there a clear and obvious error by the ref?

And, as Williams rightly pointed out, the ref should either have let play continue or the ball should surely have gone to us rather than Spurs for the re-start?. Terrible officiating all round.  We wuz robbed.

Holgate though.  He was on the pitch for a few minutes and in that time he gave the ball away twice, gave away a free-kick, and got a red card.  Rafa is notoriously hard to please, and I can't see any way that Holgate will still be here in the summer (assuming Rafa stays).  

I think in many peoples eyes Holgate is a liability waiting to happen, always gives stupid free kicks like he does it on purpose.
never liked him always aggressive.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 08 Nov 2021, 11:58 am

It was probably not a penalty in fairness. But the frustrating thing is that if the ref lets play continue for a few more seconds, Richie curls the ball into the top corner.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down