606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14 - Andros Townsend - Superfree

+6
Goodison_Gringo
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Yankthattoffee
callmebubbles
SEFTON
10 posters

Go down

14 - Andros Townsend - Superfree Empty 14 - Andros Townsend - Superfree

Post  callmebubbles Sun 18 Jul 2021, 8:34 pm

Whoopy doo!!!!  That'll help!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

14 - Andros Townsend - Superfree Empty Re: 14 - Andros Townsend - Superfree

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 19 Jul 2021, 1:47 am

Walcott has gone and Bernard looks like he's on his way so we probably need a couple of duffers to spank all the saved wages on.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 19 Jul 2021, 8:33 am

So we Gone from Signing Dumfries -Koulibaly-St Maximus to Begovic-Townsend and Dymitri gray.
Well this will in courage the fans.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 19 Jul 2021, 2:02 pm

I don't about you, but I'm very excited about us signing Andy Gray and Andy Townsend.  Must admit I thought both of them had retired donkey's years ago, but I guess they must have kept themselves in shape if Rafa wants to build a team around them.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 19 Jul 2021, 4:22 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I don't about you, but I'm very excited about us signing Andy Gray and Andy Townsend.  Must admit I thought both of them had retired donkey's years ago, but I guess they must have kept themselves in shape if Rafa wants to build a team around them.

Players go on forever these days mate. It's all to do with better nutrition, improved sports science knowledge, and cryogenics.

Any further news on these Baresi rumours? I know it's not an area of weakness since we re-signed Ratcliffe but I think there might be something in that one.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14845
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Mon 19 Jul 2021, 10:20 pm

At least neither is worse than Iwobi who is the shit of the shit.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 20 Jul 2021, 11:56 am

callmebubbles wrote:At least neither is worse than Iwobi who is the shit of the shit.
Iwoeful looked like he was playing under instructions not to try and beat the FB on the outside.
He seemed to have the capabilities, but just looked scared of trying.
90% going inside.
It's often interesting to see what a new manager does with such a player.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 20 Jul 2021, 12:38 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:At least neither is worse than Iwobi who is the shit of the shit.
Iwoeful looked like he was playing under instructions not to try and beat the FB on the outside.
90% going inside.
well I know it was a pretty meaningless friendly, but Iwobi looked very good in the highlights of the Blackburn friendly

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 20 Jul 2021, 12:41 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
90% going inside.
well I know it was a pretty meaningless friendly, but Iwobi looked very good in the highlights of the Blackburn friendly
Benitez will surely give him a run out, and maybe see him run at FBs.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 20 Jul 2021, 1:41 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
90% going inside.
Wing back with 3 central defender ????

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 20 Jul 2021, 2:47 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
90% going inside.

Iwobi played in that system a few times last season didn't he, e.g. v Fulham. He looked ok, but he's not a fullback and (so far) he's proven himself to be not a very good winger either. I don't think it is necessary a lack of ability, more of a confidence thing.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 20 Jul 2021, 5:23 pm

Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
90% going inside.

Iwobi played in that system a few times last season didn't he, e.g. v Fulham. He looked ok, but he's not a fullback and (so far) he's proven himself to be not a very good winger either. I don't think it is necessary a lack of ability, more of a confidence thing.

Remember that all football managers think that they're the best in the world at what they do. Even Mike Walker walked into Goodison thinking he was the new Brian Clough.

They all think "that broken £40m winger? I can fix him." And generally they can't, but sometimes they can.

I think Benitez will give everyone a go, and he's right to. I agree with Yank - that's the way wingers are expected to play these days, occupy the "wrong" wing and cut in all the time. Maybe we'll get something out of Iwobi by using him on the left and just asking him to beat the full back and get a cross in like it's 1973 again.

But I also agree with Bubbles - my hopes aren't high!

Actually I think Rafa may be bringing back the old 2-3-5 formation with these signings. I'll be happy with two-minute Pathe Newsreels showing black and white highlights this season, rather than having to sit through entire games.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 20 Jul 2021, 5:39 pm

Andros Townsend has signed for Everton, penning a two-year contract until the end of June 2023.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2193729/townsend-joins-everton?fbclid=IwAR2eev8kqmknAyv70nsCoHlUzkWkoQpLB7wD0kLPD1EvrZzaKFj5V15Y_o8

I'll move this thread to 1st team players

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 20 Jul 2021, 6:52 pm

I know you rely on me to be cynical and miserable, but I actually think this might be a really good signing. His interview on the OS is very good, so if it turns out he can't cross the ball or beat a defender any more, he's got a bright future doing the co-commentary on the U23 games.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Helenqu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 21 Jul 2021, 12:01 am

hairy cataract wrote:I know you rely on me to be cynical and miserable, but I actually think this might be a really good signing.  His interview on the OS is very good, so if it turns out he can't cross the ball or beat a defender any more, he's got a bright future doing the co-commentary on the U23 games.

Really impressive interview. He convinced me, apart from where he said he hopes he can half as good a season as last year.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 21 Jul 2021, 1:49 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I know you rely on me to be cynical and miserable, but I actually think this might be a really good signing.  His interview on the OS is very good, so if it turns out he can't cross the ball or beat a defender any more, he's got a bright future doing the co-commentary on the U23 games.

Really impressive interview. He convinced me, apart from where he said he hopes he can half as good a season as last year.

Just a general point on our transfer activity so far, but I'm OK with it.

Even after four wins on the bounce at the start of last season, we all agreed that we had a decent starting XI but two or three injuries would fuck us up. I see Townsend, Begovic and Gray as depth. Decent depth, players that won't disgrace themselves if they're in the first team, and who may command a regular starting place if they play well or if someone gets injured. At first glance, they're better depth than the likes of Bernard, Iwobi and Stekelenberg.

Not sure what Anthony Gordon or Joao Virginia are thinking right now though, that's my only reservation. I thought Virginia looked decent when he played.

Also, we don't know how much the spunking of ridiculous amounts of money on shit players in recent years has done for our FFP status. Maybe, lads, this is all we can do this summer. Maybe one fairly big signing and a few decent squaddies. With our revenue stream, there are only so many Klaasens, Tosuns and Bolasies we can get away with before the chickens come home to bite us on the arse (two for one metaphors at Rotts' Mega Metaphor sale, this week only.)

If this is it - Coulibaly or Demiral, plus a load of squaddies - then it might be a tough summer to deal with. We don't get all the presents we want. But it might just be a realistic picture of where we are financially. Or, more encouragingly, it might be a sign of a club (and a club owner) finally realising that we can't just spend spend spend, we also have to be smart.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Helenqu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Wed 21 Jul 2021, 10:00 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

Just a general point on our transfer activity so far, but I'm OK with it.

Even after four wins on the bounce at the start of last season, we all agreed that we had a decent starting XI but two or three injuries would fuck us up. I see Townsend, Begovic and Gray as depth. Decent depth, players that won't disgrace themselves if they're in the first team, and who may command a regular starting place if they play well or if someone gets injured. At first glance, they're better depth than the likes of Bernard, Iwobi and Stekelenberg.

Not sure what Anthony Gordon or Joao Virginia are thinking right now though, that's my only reservation. I thought Virginia looked decent when he played.

Also, we don't know how much the spunking of ridiculous amounts of money on shit players in recent years has done for our FFP status. Maybe, lads, this is all we can do this summer. Maybe one fairly big signing and a few decent squaddies. With our revenue stream, there are only so many Klaasens, Tosuns and Bolasies we can get away with before the chickens come home to bite us on the arse (two for one metaphors at Rotts' Mega Metaphor sale, this week only.)

If this is it - Coulibaly or Demiral, plus a load of squaddies - then it might be a tough summer to deal with. We don't get all the presents we want. But it might just be a realistic picture of where we are financially. Or, more encouragingly, it might be a sign of a club (and a club owner) finally realising that we can't just spend spend spend, we also have to be smart.

Great post. For some years now, (even when I was accepting of the Kirkby scenario) I have been stating that priority number one has to be the Stadium build and relocation.

Bramley Moore generates two things - a much improved fan attendance revenue stream (plus alternate event capability) moving from 35,000 to nearer 55,000 it also creates a highly valuable asset one that can in effect be documented. Citteh's biggest challenge is that they were "gifted" the Etihad post Commonwealth games and that as such generating much greater financial value (which it rightfully should possess) is always going to be tainted with the sense of financial doping. That is why the bill for the naming rights (to another organisation within the owners' conglomerative umbrella) was questioned.

I have always suspected for sometime that the Moshiri journey was to acquire the club, find the new home, create and build it then sell it on. In doing so, Moshiri is going to be able to recojup most if not all his expenditure - yes he will loans/mortgages to pay but essentially he emerges clear. He will almost certainly sell to Alisher Usmanov who will purchase for a decent price a new stadium and associated assets, turnover and media presence. If they are both smart they should sell naming rights to a commercial third-party (Arsenal with the Emirates is a good example) or even be brave enough to eschew the whole nonsense and have it as New Goodison Park (a la Spuds).

Either way, Everton as a club emerges on a completely different financial plane going forward.

Of course, all this does pre-suppose that we are remaining in the Premier League.

My greatest entertainment expectations for 2021/22 will be the Premier League Governance meeting in August when the "Big 6" will be asked to confirm that they are contractually clear of the ESL virago (psst.... they are not). In which case the following 45 minutes or so would be interesting ... or... the matches between Real Madrid vs Chelsea (or Man Utd v Juventus) in the courts would be equally entertaining. The excision clause is reportedly eye-watering.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 21 Jul 2021, 10:28 am

Strange signing in some respects. Certainly not one that I imagine Brands having a hand in and perhaps indicative of a tightening of Moshiri's purse strings. However, Rafa knows him and if he can provide crosses for DCL and Richie, why not?
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 19 Nov 2021, 1:16 pm

Most successful crosses from open play this season 🎯
⚪ Sergio Reguilon - 12
🍬 Andros Townsend - 11
🔴 Trent Alexander-Arnold - 10
🟣 Dwight McNeil - 10
🔺 Kieran Tierney - 10
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 23 Mar 2022, 2:31 pm

Neutral Neutral Fucking stupid useless FA cup that we never would win... fucking idiotic & unnecessary we should have lost it deliberately in round 3

-------------------

Andros Townsend will miss the rest of the season after sustaining an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury during Sunday’s FA Cup quarter-final tie at Crystal Palace.

The Everton winger was forced off on 16 minutes at Selhurst Park and replaced by Demarai Gray. A scan revealed Townsend’s ACL knee injury and he will undergo surgery next week before starting his rehabilitation with Everton’s medical staff at Finch Farm.

Everyone at Everton wishes Andros all the best with his recovery.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2547315/injury-update-on-townsend?fbclid=IwAR03CvP-ObBQx8x1vTz-gAPKRufHqmPw_dyYxdvMmq4yQwuHZi1niPt02NQ

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 09 Jun 2023, 3:47 pm

Defender Yerry Mina and forward Andros Townsend will leave Everton when their current contracts expire at the end of this month, along with Asmir Begovic after the goalkeeper rejected a new deal offered by the Club.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3533361/everton-offers-new-contracts-to-players?fbclid=IwAR0XKK8nG1aaGKPgyUPiAjHN1F94H2VlvoXZ4gJJM_tXtCj9Vw3ZUetpshE

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 09 Jun 2023, 11:41 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Defender Yerry Mina and forward Andros Townsend will leave Everton when their current contracts expire at the end of this month, along with Asmir Begovic after the goalkeeper rejected a new deal offered by the Club.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3533361/everton-offers-new-contracts-to-players?fbclid=IwAR0XKK8nG1aaGKPgyUPiAjHN1F94H2VlvoXZ4gJJM_tXtCj9Vw3ZUetpshE
Not to make too much of a fuss about it, but Townsend didn't play a single second this past season due to injury, but according to an online search, he makes £48,000 per week, or £2,496,000 per year. Not bad when going through physical rehab of the leg, eh?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74432

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum