606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fake Blues vs. The Real Blues

+5
callmebubbles
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Fake Blues vs. The Real Blues - Page 4 Empty Re: The Fake Blues vs. The Real Blues

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 08 Mar 2021, 7:40 pm

Werner skins Godfrey... JP saves

Number of posts : 41046
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

The Fake Blues vs. The Real Blues - Page 4 Empty Re: The Fake Blues vs. The Real Blues

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 08 Mar 2021, 7:44 pm

Holgate on a red card tightrope

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 08 Mar 2021, 7:45 pm

Davies looses the ball & it takes 2 super saves from JP to stop it being three

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 08 Mar 2021, 7:46 pm

not happening tonight , but we are still in with a shout guys
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 08 Mar 2021, 7:46 pm

Is King really here... or did I imagine he signed & has come on ... should I change my drugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 08 Mar 2021, 7:47 pm

Bernard shoots... it's threatening the space station which is about to orbit

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 08 Mar 2021, 7:49 pm

yellow for Davies... who is tackling like Norman Hunter.... twat

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 08 Mar 2021, 7:50 pm

4 added pain minutes

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 08 Mar 2021, 7:51 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Bernard shoots... it's threatening the space station which is about to orbit
lol!
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 08 Mar 2021, 7:53 pm

Good save JP from Mount

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 08 Mar 2021, 7:54 pm

FT 2-0

well beaten tonight

clear second best

poor performance & nothing on the bench that could change it

If we get 5th & EUFA football I'll be very happy

CL is not going to happen IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 08 Mar 2021, 7:55 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:FT 2-0

well beaten tonight

clear second best

poor performance & nothing on the bench that could change it

If we get 5th & EUFA football I'll be very happy

CL is not going to happen IMO
Don't think anyone in their right mind thought that would happen.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 08 Mar 2021, 8:03 pm

No complaints. Chelsea were very good.

Positives: we actually moved the ball through midfield better than usual at times. Allan makes a difference in there. Not only is he our best tackler but he finds space easily, to help us keep possession. Also Pickford is a positive, he's been very good three games running. No problem with the pen, maybe he shouldn't have come out for that ball when Godfrey was tracking Havertz, but that happens to all keepers from time to time.

Negatives: Obviously, our squad isn't deep enough and we only need a few injuries for that to be exposed. We all knew that. Also, Chelsea are too good not to get top 4 IMO. United have just done City and although they're inconsistent, they're going to stay there. The fourth spot is still up for grabs but it will need Leicester to fold. Spurs are on a run as well.

So yeah, it ain't going to happen for us, but results could go our way at the weekend and I'll enjoy us being in the mix for as long as possible, however unrealistic it is.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14844
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 08 Mar 2021, 8:26 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:No complaints. Chelsea were very good.

Positives: we actually moved the ball through midfield better than usual at times. Allan makes a difference in there. Not only is he our best tackler but he finds space easily, to help us keep possession. Also Pickford is a positive, he's been very good three games running. No problem with the pen, maybe he shouldn't have come out for that ball when Godfrey was tracking Havertz, but that happens to all keepers from time to time.

Negatives: Obviously, our squad isn't deep enough and we only need a few injuries for that to be exposed. We all knew that. Also, Chelsea are too good not to get top 4 IMO. United have just done City and although they're inconsistent, they're going to stay there. The fourth spot is still up for grabs but it will need Leicester to fold. Spurs are on a run as well.

So yeah, it ain't going to happen for us, but results could go our way at the weekend and I'll enjoy us being in the mix for as long as possible, however unrealistic it is.

Never in the game tonight but Masson Holgate is not great cover for right back, besides always passing backwards he’s a liability waiting to happen and it did ,found himself out of position for first goal.as it’s already been said,we didn’t have any game changes on the bench so if that’s the case blood some the youngsters.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 08 Mar 2021, 8:34 pm

f'kin wet spam 2 nil up at leeds as well Evil or Very Mad
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 08 Mar 2021, 8:48 pm

Blue gazza wrote:f'kin wet spam 2 nil up at leeds as well Evil or Very Mad
There's a very distinct possibility that WH will finish above us by the end of the season.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 08 Mar 2021, 9:13 pm

We are not a top four side by any stretch of the imagination. Carlo should be given credit for seeing what he had and moulding it into a tight, hard to beat team. A bit like Moyes did with a lot less expensive players. We're horrible to watch most of the time, though I thought we were more entertaining when we went two down.

I think we have a few very good players: Pickford (at the moment), Godfrey, Keane, Digne, Allan, Richarlison, DCL, James (one game in four when he's not crocked with a bent toe nail). They would all expect to start a lot of games next season. I think we have some okay squaddies: Davies, Mina, Siggi, Gomes, Doucoure, Coleman (getting old otherwise he'd be a first choice). Beyond that we have fuck all in the squad that I can think of. If we were to qualify for the Europa - which I doubt we will, and almost hope we don't - we would need at least three or four top class, oven-ready signings, and probably five or six quality squad players. Compare that to Chelsea, who have a very good first XI and a bench that would probably go straight into our first choice team. We're miles off.

For next season, assuming we're back in the ground to watch, I really hope we don't play like we have this season. It would be so fucking depressing. If we have much the same squad, I'd rather we played to win and lost more games. Problem with this season is that, even though we've over-achieved points-wise, I can't actually think of one game in which we've blown away the opposition. The only game that I regret missing is the Spurs goal-fest.

Next season is another world. Next season we need to be on the front foot, not just sit deep in every single game and let the opposition take the initiative - whether it's Man City or WBA. Otherwise I'll be putting most of my home games on StubHub.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 08 Mar 2021, 9:34 pm

i think the title of the post, suggests we played at home lol!
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 08 Mar 2021, 11:14 pm

hairy cataract wrote:We are not a top four side by any stretch of the imagination. Carlo should be given credit for seeing what he had and moulding it into a tight, hard to beat team.  A bit like Moyes did with a lot less expensive players.  We're horrible to watch most of the time, though I thought we were more entertaining when we went two down.

I think we have a few very good players:  Pickford (at the moment), Godfrey, Keane, Digne, Allan, Richarlison, DCL, James (one game in four when he's not crocked with a bent toe nail). They would all expect to start a lot of games next season.  I think we have some okay squaddies: Davies, Mina, Siggi, Gomes, Doucoure, Coleman (getting old otherwise he'd be a first choice).  Beyond that we have fuck all in the squad that I can think of.  If we were to qualify for the Europa - which I doubt we will, and almost hope we don't - we would need at least three or four top class, oven-ready signings, and probably five or six quality squad players.  Compare that to Chelsea, who have a very good first XI and a bench that would probably go straight into our first choice team.  We're miles off.

For next season, assuming we're back in the ground to watch, I really hope we don't play like we have this season.  It would be so fucking depressing.  If we have much the same squad, I'd rather we played to win and lost more games.  Problem with this season is that, even though we've over-achieved points-wise, I can't actually think of one game in which we've blown away the opposition.  The only game that I regret missing is the Spurs goal-fest.

Next season is another world.  Next season we need to be on the front foot, not just sit deep in every single game and let the opposition take the initiative - whether it's Man City or WBA.  Otherwise I'll be putting most of my home games on StubHub.

Brighton, maybe. Not sure we blew them away but that was our only comfortable win of the season. And a 30 minute spell in the first Fulham game. Even then we were hanging on a bit at the end.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 09 Mar 2021, 1:35 am

Just watched some 10 minute highlights from the game. Closer to 3-0 than 2-1.

Davies did the "lose possession and Chelsea are inches from scoring" thing towards the end of the game. He's back! The Fake Blues vs. The Real Blues - Page 4 F_laugh The Fake Blues vs. The Real Blues - Page 4 F_laugh affraid affraid
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 09 Mar 2021, 1:49 am

hairy cataract wrote:We are not a top four side by any stretch of the imagination. Carlo should be given credit for seeing what he had and moulding it into a tight, hard to beat team.  A bit like Moyes did with a lot less expensive players.  We're horrible to watch most of the time, though I thought we were more entertaining when we went two down.

I think we have a few very good players:  Pickford (at the moment), Godfrey, Keane, Digne, Allan, Richarlison, DCL, James (one game in four when he's not crocked with a bent toe nail). They would all expect to start a lot of games next season.  I think we have some okay squaddies: Davies, Mina, Siggi, Gomes, Doucoure, Coleman (getting old otherwise he'd be a first choice).  Beyond that we have fuck all in the squad that I can think of.  If we were to qualify for the Europa - which I doubt we will, and almost hope we don't - we would need at least three or four top class, oven-ready signings, and probably five or six quality squad players.  Compare that to Chelsea, who have a very good first XI and a bench that would probably go straight into our first choice team.  We're miles off.

For next season, assuming we're back in the ground to watch, I really hope we don't play like we have this season.  It would be so fucking depressing.  If we have much the same squad, I'd rather we played to win and lost more games.  Problem with this season is that, even though we've over-achieved points-wise, I can't actually think of one game in which we've blown away the opposition.  The only game that I regret missing is the Spurs goal-fest.

Next season is another world.  Next season we need to be on the front foot, not just sit deep in every single game and let the opposition take the initiative - whether it's Man City or WBA.  Otherwise I'll be putting most of my home games on StubHub.

Difficult to argue with any of that. If I was nit-picking, one thing I would say, which often strikes me during games, is that Digne is over-rated. I know the stats and general consensus don't back me up here, but the number of times his delivery let's him down, or he sends the ball back and loses momentum, is massively frustrating. I still think he's good, and left-back is not a concern area, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, that he isn't Leighton Baines.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 09 Mar 2021, 7:08 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:

Difficult to argue with any of that. If I was nit-picking, one thing I would say, which often strikes me during games, is that Digne is over-rated. I know the stats and general consensus don't back me up here, but the number of times his delivery let's him down, or he sends the ball back and loses momentum, is massively frustrating. I still think he's good, and left-back is not a concern area, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, that he isn't Leighton Baines.

I think he's gone off the boil in recent weeks.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 09 Mar 2021, 2:02 pm

Armchair wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

His stats are exceptional, but I agree - he does seem to be hit and miss at the moment. Some of his positional play is a bit iffy and he's not the greatest defender.  Yeah, no Leighton Baines, but still one of our better players.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 09 Mar 2021, 3:18 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

His stats are exceptional, but I agree - he does seem to be hit and miss at the moment. Some of his positional play is a bit iffy and he's not the greatest defender.  Yeah, no Leighton Baines, but still one of our better players.

Sometimes I wonder whether we should rip off that 3-4-3 formation that Chelsea are using at the moment. We've played three CBs a few times recently.

I think that would suit Digne down to the ground, as he is one of our better players technically and helps us to keep possession upfield when he's further forward. Also it would remove some of the defensive responsibility from his shoulders, as that is indeed not a strength of his. We've got the depth at CB to play three good centre backs. Godfrey and Mina, and also Keane to a lesser extent, are comfortable enough on the ball to step up into midfield when required.

Can't do this with Holgate at right wing back of course. We do need a new RB. I just think teams should fit their formation around what players they have, rather than squeezing square pegs into round holes. Our strength is at the back, our weakness is creativity in the middle given that James is picking and choosing when he plays. But with the fullbacks further up the pitch, that might help us to mitigate that weakness. Just a thought.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4