606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Manchester C it’s.

5 posters

Go down

Everton v Manchester C it’s. Empty Everton v Manchester C it’s.

Post  SEFTON Sat 26 Dec 2020, 10:51 pm

Everton v Manchester city at Goodson park 28th December 2020. Live on Amazon Prime K/0 20.00pm.

Everton entertain Manchester City in one toughest fixtures of the season, hopefully Richarlison will be available for this game.

With 2000 fans roaring the Goodson faithful home.

1-0 UTFT’s Calvert Lewis. cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Everton v Manchester C it’s. Empty Re: Everton v Manchester C it’s.

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 26 Dec 2020, 10:54 pm

This is really one of those games where I wouldn't be surprised if we nicked it, yet could also lose 3-0.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sat 26 Dec 2020, 11:15 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:This is really one of those games where I wouldn't be surprised if we nicked it, yet could also lose 3-0.

Keep the faith KOT this is my fifth thread on the trot,we are at home and with out many 1st team players, everyone was dreading December fixtures, yet we got 12 from 12 points.

cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 28 Dec 2020, 12:12 am

SEFTON wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:This is really one of those games where I wouldn't be surprised if we nicked it, yet could also lose 3-0.

Keep the faith KOT this is my fifth thread on the trot,we are at home and with out many 1st team players, everyone was dreading December fixtures, yet we got 12 from 12 points.

cheers
Looking at the last 5 games played, we are in the in-form team with the most points gained from those last 5 games.

However, I just can't see us getting anything from this game. I think City has too much pace for us, similar to the games against Man Utd and Leeds.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 28 Dec 2020, 10:39 am

I guess we'll be defending a lot but that seems to suit us.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 28 Dec 2020, 2:12 pm

Armchair wrote:I guess we'll be defending a lot but that seems to suit us.
Will Richie play? If not, that makes me think we'll struggle (even more).
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 28 Dec 2020, 2:15 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
we need Richie & James for this one... and Seamus to start too... we were seriously lacking creativity against SFU

Number of posts : 41045

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 28 Dec 2020, 2:38 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
we need Richie & James for this one... and Seamus to start too... we were seriously lacking creativity against SFU
Exactly. We can't just keep on defending against the top teams and expect results.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 28 Dec 2020, 4:19 pm

Well I got my wish,Everton v Manchester City postponed due to four city players announced to having COVID-19.
Excellent news because we need to be at full strength against them.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 28 Dec 2020, 4:24 pm

SEFTON wrote:Well I got my wish,Everton v Manchester City postponed due to four city players announced to having COVID-19.
Excellent news because we need to be at full strength against them.
Shocked Shocked

Everton v Man City: Premier League fixture postponed after visitors report coronavirus cases

Manchester City's Premier League match against Everton on Monday has been postponed after the visitors returned a number of positive coronavirus tests.

It was announced on 25 December that City striker Gabriel Jesus and full-back Kyle Walker had tested positive for coronavirus.

It is understood more positive results have been returned at the club in the latest round of testing.

More to follow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 28 Dec 2020, 4:27 pm

Well, that's a bit of a bummer, but it probably makes sense to postpone the game.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 28 Dec 2020, 4:29 pm

Boooo! They're running scared of the Mighty Blues.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 28 Dec 2020, 4:32 pm

I blame the shite... they knew if we won by 11 goals we'd go top ... wankers

Qld Toffee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 28 Dec 2020, 4:35 pm

Players have time to rest for Fridays New Years fixture against West Ham,hopefully both Rodriguez and more importantly Richarlison available.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 28 Dec 2020, 5:18 pm

Well I'm not unhappy about this. Firstly I think some of our players need a break, and we only played 48 hours ago and don't need any more injuries right now.

Second, I'm double-booked tonight, a family quiz night on Zoom. I can now fully-focus on Beatles number 1's and US State Capitals without being distracted by Jordan "Fucking Pickford" Pickford.

Incidentally I have no idea how a family of Evertonians managed to arrange a family quiz night to clash with an Everton game.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14843
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 28 Dec 2020, 5:28 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Well I'm not unhappy about this. Firstly I think some of our players need a break, and we only played 48 hours ago and don't need any more injuries right now.

Second, I'm double-booked tonight, a family quiz night on Zoom. I can now fully-focus on Beatles number 1's and US State Capitals without being distracted by Jordan "Fucking Pickford" Pickford.

Incidentally I have no idea how a family of Evertonians managed to arrange a family quiz night to clash with an Everton game.
good luck tonight... just remember that North America is about 100 miles coast to coast & Boston & Colorado neighbor each over Very Happy

Armchair likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 29 Dec 2020, 1:31 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Well I'm not unhappy about this. Firstly I think some of our players need a break, and we only played 48 hours ago and don't need any more injuries right now.

good luck tonight... just remember that North America is about 100 miles coast to coast & Boston & Colorado neighbor each over Very Happy

We won. cheers  Nothing on North America came up mate, which is a shame because as you know, I have that continent, like, totally sussed.

Clinched it on the music lyrics round at the end, and a Beatles tune came up in that round. It's basically the law that any quiz set by a Scouser should feature at least one Beatles question.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14843
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 29 Dec 2020, 8:14 am

Different spin in The Times this morning:

Everton fury as Manchester City game is postponed

Everton have demanded “full disclosure” from the Premier League over why their match against Manchester City was postponed four hours before it was due to take place last night.

The Premier League called the match off after three additional members of Pep Guardiola’s City squad tested positive for Covid-19, taking the total number of players with the virus to five.

Everton, who were not involved in the talks that led to the postponement, are seeking urgent clarification from the Premier League chief executive Richard Masters over why City’s request to call off the game was accepted.

The three new positive tests mean five members of Guardiola’s squad are self-isolating, after Kyle Walker and Gabriel Jesus, as well as a team chef and a member of the ground staff, tested positive on Christmas Eve.

An Everton club statement issued last night hinted at their unhappiness. It read: “Everton Football Club regret the postponement of the match against Manchester City — not only for the 2,000 fans who would have been attending, but for supporters on Merseyside and across the world.

“Our players were prepared for the game, as were both the team staff and everyone at Goodison. Match day is the most important date in our calendar. And this was a big one.

“While Everton will always have public safety uppermost, we will be requesting full disclosure of all the information that Manchester City provided to the Premier League so the club can be clear on why this decision was taken.”

Carlo Ancelotti, the Everton manager, would have been without five senior players because of injury for a game in which a win would have put his team level on points with Liverpool at the top of the table.

The Premier League told clubs in the summer that as long as 14 players were fit then games would be expected to go ahead, and there appears a concern from a number of clubs that those guidelines have not been adhered to.

A Premier League source said last night that the rule allowed for each case to be assessed individually, as highlighted by the postponement of Newcastle United’s game against Aston Villa at the start of the month, and that the primary motivation was minimising risk.

Given that tests are not 100 per cent accurate, it is possible that more City players have the virus even though they have not tested positive.

The players will be tested again today to see if the virus has spread further.

City’s league trip to Chelsea on Sunday is now in doubt, with their Etihad training campus closed for an indefinite period to undergo a deep clean.

City fear that the new, extremely contagious variant of Covid-19 that has become particularly prominent in London and the South East has swept through the squad.

They suspect that several players contracted the virus during a trip to London to play Arsenal in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday, even though a hotel outside London was booked to minimise the risk of infection.

City said that they had no qualms with Arsenal’s safety protocols during the match, which they won 4-1. Gabriel, the Arsenal centre back, has since tested positive and will miss at least their next two matches.

City’s most recent match was on Saturday night when they beat Newcastle United 2-0 at the Etihad Stadium. But because Sunday’s test results did not arrive at City’s training ground until yesterday, Guardiola did not know which players he would have available for the trip to Everton until the day of the game.

When the virus swept through the Newcastle squad, their training ground was closed for eight days.

At present Newcastle are being tested twice a week and tomorrow’s home game against Liverpool is scheduled to go ahead. Liverpool underwent testing yesterday.

Should City be unable to field a team against Manchester United in their Carabao Cup semi-final on January 6, they will not forfeit the match, as EFL rules state that byes are only given up until the fourth round when clubs cannot fulfil a fixture on health grounds.

Tottenham Hotspur were given a bye earlier in the competition after a number of Leyton Orient players tested positive before their third-round fixture.

The Premier League said that the City-Everton game would be rearranged “in due course”. Guardiola’s team already have to find calendar space for one extra fixture as they did not play Aston Villa on the opening weekend of the season because of their participation in the Champions League knockout stage at the end of last term.

Chelsea, meanwhile, could also have their FA Cup tie against Morecambe on January 10 postponed, meaning they would next be in action on January 15.

The League Two side’s next two league fixtures have been called off because of an outbreak of Covid-19 at the club. Five League One fixtures — Doncaster Rovers’ next three and Rochdale’s next two — have also been postponed because of outbreaks.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 29 Dec 2020, 3:50 pm

I read the same thing that as long as 14 players were available, the game would go on. But hey, this happened to a top six team so they have different rules, ya know.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 31 Dec 2020, 6:19 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I read the same thing that as long as 14 players were available, the game would go on. But hey, this happened to a top six team so they have different rules, ya know.

There's very strong rumours going around that Kyle walker invited many players to a party in London, including the Young lad Sancho in Germany who flew in by private jet(Allegedly)
Walker, already had two issues about isolation may well be about to face a third charge, if true it will certainly open a huge can worms, specially if the League know about it.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down