606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 - Donny van de Beek

+3
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
Armchair
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

30 - Donny van de Beek - Page 2 Empty Re: 30 - Donny van de Beek

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 31 Jan 2022, 12:18 pm

Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:I don't know much about him. Is he a number 10 type or a holding nidfielder?
attacking center apparently... would work well with Duke & Allan in the DM maybe ?

The word from my eldest, who just knows way more about European players than I do these days...

"Hard-working and clever, but slow. He could develop into something similar to Dele Alli when he was good."

So there you go.

So the Dutch Andre Gomes then?

I'm glad we've (nearly) sorted out a manager, but do think we're ending January in a worse position to avoid relegation than a month ago.  Not just because we've lost Digne, and our entire midfield is either injured, shit or both, but also because the Barcodes bastards are buying an entire new team.  If we lose to them, we simply have to beat Leeds and drag them into the relegation battle.  Newcastle will definitely survive, so it's between us, Watford, Burnley, Norwich, Leeds and possibly one other - could be Brentford - for the three places of doom.
critical that we beat the Barcodes... and of course the re-arranged game that they fudged cancellation for before (until they bought a new team) is also pending.. no way will the Barcodes go down looking at their pending purchases today

Should players bought in this transfer window be allowed to play in games that were postponed due to Covid? Just a thought...
no they shouldn't, but they are !... which is why I moaned when our Barcodes game was postponed at Christmas... the team we'll play against will show no resemblance whatsoever to what they had at Christmas

Number of posts : 41048
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 31 Jan 2022, 12:47 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:I don't know much about him. Is he a number 10 type or a holding nidfielder?
attacking center apparently... would work well with Duke & Allan in the DM maybe ?

The word from my eldest, who just knows way more about European players than I do these days...

"Hard-working and clever, but slow. He could develop into something similar to Dele Alli when he was good."

So there you go.

So the Dutch Andre Gomes then?

I'm glad we've (nearly) sorted out a manager, but do think we're ending January in a worse position to avoid relegation than a month ago.  Not just because we've lost Digne, and our entire midfield is either injured, shit or both, but also because the Barcodes bastards are buying an entire new team.  If we lose to them, we simply have to beat Leeds and drag them into the relegation battle.  Newcastle will definitely survive, so it's between us, Watford, Burnley, Norwich, Leeds and possibly one other - could be Brentford - for the three places of doom.
critical that we beat the Barcodes... and of course the re-arranged game that they fudged cancellation for before (until they bought a new team) is also pending.. no way will the Barcodes go down looking at their pending purchases today

Should players bought in this transfer window be allowed to play in games that were postponed due to Covid? Just a thought...
no they shouldn't, but they are !... which is why I moaned when our Barcodes game was postponed at Christmas... the team we'll play against will show no resemblance whatsoever to what they had at Christmas
was thinking more about this... obv Barcodes will be 1000% stronger with their blood money... but by the same token we will likely (you would expect) by the end of the day be better off than we were too...

even Burnley FFS... I mean a Dutch international striker has signed today ... Wout Weghorst ... he's bound to score the winner against us as it was postponed & re-arranged... it's just the way it is... it's always reverse karma for us

however... ... for me we are in position to strengthen where are Palace, Leeds, Watford, Saints... and Brentford (Erikssen aside) probably are not... I know these games are not re-arranged from postponements, but it makes me wonder about the Jan window at all tbh..

..but then again it's all about money isn't it.....??.... not what's fair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 31 Jan 2022, 4:40 pm

I wonder if Frank forgot to return the pen after he signed his contract... he hasn't been here long & probably doesn't realize we only have one

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 31 Jan 2022, 6:51 pm

Welcome.. you have a lot to do....

DONE DEAL
Van de Beek joins Everton

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 31 Jan 2022, 6:52 pm

Donny van de Beek has joined Everton on loan from Manchester United for the remainder of the 2021/22 season.

Netherlands international midfielder Van de Beek, who emerged as one of Europe’s pre-eminent young footballers during Ajax’s high-achieving 2018/19 season, insists he can improve a dynamic game working under new Everton manager Frank Lampard, an important figure in persuading Van de Beek to rebuff rival offers in favour of the Blues.

Van de Beek insists he is ready to go straight into Lampard’s team, if selected, for next Tuesday’s Premier League visit to Newcastle United – he is Cup tied for Saturday's meeting with Brentford – and the 24-year-old is eager to show Evertonians the extent of his talent.

“Now I can say I am an Everton player, I am really happy and can’t wait to help the team,” Van de Beek told evertontv.

“I think it is a great club… there are really good players here and I came because I want to help them go up the table.

“I hope to bring my football qualities, my passing, and, of course, scoring goals. It is a big part of my game to score and give assists and I will try to do that again. And it is not only offensive, you have to defend as a midfielder and I can do that as well.

“I had a really positive meeting with the new coach. We have the same ideas about football and he had a lot of influence on my decision.

“I played against him when I was at Ajax, and he was at Chelsea [as manager], so he knows me as a player. He thinks I have qualities that can help the team.

“I can learn a lot from him because he was a little bit in the same position – a midfield player who scored a lot of goals.

“He can help me a lot, so I think I’m in a good spot.

“I want to improve with Everton. There are always things that can be better and I work hard every day to do that."

Van de Beek rocketed to prominence as the fulcrum of Ajax’s expressive, courageous Champions League semi-final team three years ago.

He was on target in a quarter-final victory at Juventus and netted in the last-four clash with Spurs.

The attacking midfielder, who joined United in summer 2020, reached double figures for goals in three straight seasons for Ajax. He provided 30 assists across the same timeframe.

“I want to show my qualities, my strengths, to the people in England – but especially the fans from Everton," said Van de Beek.

"The most important thing is we win games and go up the table.

"We have good players in the team and the talent and ability to go up in the league. But, for that, we need to work hard and I want to be part of this.

“Everton is a big club, with big players, the history and amazing fans. The Club has everything to go up and be higher in the table.

“I played at Goodison twice last season without fans… it will be lovely to see the stadium full.

“It’s difficult I cannot play on Saturday but I will be there to see the game and focus on the next match.

“I’m fit. I train a lot for myself and I was training a lot with the team at United. I have a few days to train fully and I’m sure I’ll be there [ready for Newcastle].”

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2468326/van-de-beek-completes-everton-loan-move

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 01 Feb 2022, 3:23 am

Can't say I have watched of him, but since he's a midfielder, I'm all for it. Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74433

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 01 Feb 2022, 4:25 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Can't say I have watched of him, but since he's a midfielder, I'm all for it. Very Happy

Me neither, though I can't help think it's Davy Klassen mkII. Happy to be wrong.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 01 Feb 2022, 5:01 pm

If he can give us some of this it would be appreciated we don't score enough goals from midfield IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 01 Feb 2022, 6:07 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:If he can give us some of this it would be appreciated we don't score enough goals from midfield IMO

As stated elsewhere, my lad knows more about him than I do, but I do recall watching a good few of Ajax's CL games the year they lost to Spurs in the semi.

My memory is generally terrible, but I recall someone who ran around a lot, worked his balls off, and frequently got into advanced attacking positions. A real handful, a bit like Chiesa, the sort of player who's always on the move and always trying to get involved even if not everything he tries works out. I also recall thinking that in a team of technicians, his first touch was a little bit off compared to some of his mates. But that might have been because he was in the same team as de Jong, Tadic, Ziyech etc, who are all really good on the ball.

(Not saying he'll be anywhere near as good as Chiesa, of course. I just see some similarities in style and approach.)

We'll see how he goes. I'm really quite happy that we've brought him and Alli in. I just wanted us to bring in some bodies, any fucker would have done, but these two have the potential to really improve us. Time will tell.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Wed 02 Feb 2022, 9:56 am

Looks like a case of we will score more than you. Forward options have improved but defence is weaker with Mykolenko for Digne and it was shite anyway. Maybe having more possession will ease the pressure on them and there will be less mistakes? Bloody hope so. But, yes, VDB looks a good addition
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 08 Jun 2022, 5:38 pm

Erik ten Hag has Donny van de Beek in his plans for next season, as things stand. Been told he’s now expected to play a role in Manchester United team.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 08 Jun 2022, 5:58 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Erik ten Hag has Donny van de Beek in his plans for next season, as things stand. Been told he’s now expected to play a role in Manchester United team.

Yep, he had him at Ajax so this was always going to happen. Shame we didn't see much of him.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 08 Jun 2022, 6:12 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Erik ten Hag has Donny van de Beek in his plans for next season, as things stand. Been told he’s now expected to play a role in Manchester United team.

Yep, he had him at Ajax so this was always going to happen. Shame we didn't see much of him.

We won't miss what we never had.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 08 Jun 2022, 6:28 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

We won't miss what we never had.

True.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 10 Jun 2022, 2:15 pm

Manchester United loanee Donny Van der Beek has offered himself to Roma despite a potential route back into the Red Devils first team.

According to the Daily Mirror, ever since leaving Ajax in 2020, it is clear that he has been struggling for game time at Old Trafford and has since been loaned out to Everton.

Van de Beek, should he stay at United, could yet be joined by former Ajax teammate Frenkie De Jong - who Man Utd are also targeting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 13 Jan 2023, 3:06 pm

Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

The 25-year-old Netherlands international last played for the club in a win against Bournemouth on 3 January.

He was taken off near the end of the first half of that game.

"On the long term it is looking really good, he will be back for the start of pre-season," said United manager Erik ten Hag.

"The rest of the season he is out."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64262581?at_bbc_team=editorial&at_link_id=8AFBB7AA-934E-11ED-B7FD-E67D0EDC252D&at_campaign_type=owned&at_medium=social&at_link_type=web_link&at_format=link&at_link_origin=Match_of_the_Day&at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_campaign=Social_Flow&fbclid=IwAR1OMAk2HpDdOYdo94mghNdbNw3FE_VS8e6LAxsjJwcC5WxVeiY_oNngfGE

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 13 Jan 2023, 5:40 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

The 25-year-old Netherlands international last played for the club in a win against Bournemouth on 3 January.

He was taken off near the end of the first half of that game.

"On the long term it is looking really good, he will be back for the start of pre-season," said United manager Erik ten Hag.

"The rest of the season he is out."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64262581?at_bbc_team=editorial&at_link_id=8AFBB7AA-934E-11ED-B7FD-E67D0EDC252D&at_campaign_type=owned&at_medium=social&at_link_type=web_link&at_format=link&at_link_origin=Match_of_the_Day&at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_campaign=Social_Flow&fbclid=IwAR1OMAk2HpDdOYdo94mghNdbNw3FE_VS8e6LAxsjJwcC5WxVeiY_oNngfGE

We'll probably sign him on loan for the rest of the season Rolling Eyes
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25881

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2