606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carlo Ancelotti - glory era boss

+9
SEFTON
Goodison_Gringo
Super
Knight of Thorgothshire
callmebubbles
Da Judge
Made 4 Gwladys
Yankthattoffee
Armchair
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Carlo Ancelotti - glory era boss - Page 3 Empty Re: Carlo Ancelotti - glory era boss

Post  hairy cataract Thu 03 Jun 2021, 8:59 pm

Looking back now, it was a terrible appointment. He didn't have a fucking scooby about how to manage a team like ours, and Carlo and Brands are chalk and cheese in their approach to footie. Mosh wanted a big name, and it was a fuck-up, so I really hope he's not as thick as he seems, and he has no part in picking the next manager except to write the cheque and sign the contract.

Let Brands pick who he wants. Unless it's Eddie Howe, in which case they can all fuck off, I'm supporting Marine next season.

Oh, and Real can't afford Richarlison. Especially as they're probably going to get a ban from Europe this season, since they're still signed up to the Super League.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25881
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Carlo Ancelotti - glory era boss - Page 3 Empty Re: Carlo Ancelotti - glory era boss

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 03 Jun 2021, 11:14 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Looking back now, it was a terrible appointment.  He didn't have a fucking scooby about how to manage a team like ours, and Carlo and Brands are chalk and cheese in their approach to footie. Mosh wanted a big name, and it was a fuck-up, so I really hope he's not as thick as he seems, and he has no part in picking the next manager except to write the cheque and sign the contract.  

Let Brands pick who he wants.  Unless it's Eddie Howe, in which case they can all fuck off, I'm supporting Marine next season.

Oh, and Real can't afford Richarlison.  Especially as they're probably going to get a ban from Europe this season, since they're still signed up to the Super League.

I think Marine might also be in for Eddie Howe actually.

Bad owners often make the same mistake over and over again until eventually they have to try something different, and sensible. So I agree with your first paragraph above except to say that he will have a hand in the decision, will probably pay Conte £15m a year to take over, and he'll leave after 14 months of smouldering and pouting while spewing some bollocks about "my work here is done" as he fucks off to PSG. Then we'll try Pellegrini, Mourinho, Allegri, Unai Emery, Dick Emery, Shirley Bassey* and at least four mad Germans before we finally give Big Dunc the gig. And the highest we'll finish during that period will be 8th.

So that is the question right now, for me. Despite the money, is Moshiri actually a shit owner? One of those fellas who thinks that if you can succeed in business you can succeed in football, just by throwing money at it?

*player-manager.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 04 Jun 2021, 4:35 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Looking back now, it was a terrible appointment.  He didn't have a fucking scooby about how to manage a team like ours, and Carlo and Brands are chalk and cheese in their approach to footie. Mosh wanted a big name, and it was a fuck-up, so I really hope he's not as thick as he seems, and he has no part in picking the next manager except to write the cheque and sign the contract.  

Let Brands pick who he wants.  Unless it's Eddie Howe, in which case they can all fuck off, I'm supporting Marine next season.

Oh, and Real can't afford Richarlison.  Especially as they're probably going to get a ban from Europe this season, since they're still signed up to the Super League.

Bad owners often make the same mistake over and over again until eventually they have to try something different, and sensible. So I agree with your first paragraph above except to say that he will have a hand in the decision, will probably pay Conte £15m a year to take over, and he'll leave after 14 months of smouldering and pouting while spewing some bollocks about "my work here is done" as he fucks off to PSG. Then we'll try Pellegrini, Mourinho, Allegri, Unai Emery, Dick Emery, Shirley Bassey* and at least four mad Germans before we finally give Big Dunc the gig. And the highest we'll finish during that period will be 8th.

So that is the question right now, for me. Despite the money, is Moshiri actually a shit owner? One of those fellas who thinks that if you can succeed in business you can succeed in football, just by throwing money at it?

*player-manager.

Moshiri is that thick fat kid at school who's dad was rich but a bit dodgy, had the nice blazer not the polyester one from the second hand box, and cheated at cards during dinner break. WHen he left school his pops gave him a job in his business, and he spent all day coming up with fucking stupid plans that involved paying huge amounts of money to page 3 girls to "promote the brand" until eventually even his dad got fucked off and set up him on his own with a vanity business. That's Moshiri that is.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 05 Jun 2021, 1:34 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

*player-manager.

Moshiri is that thick fat kid at school who's dad was rich but a bit dodgy, had the nice blazer not the polyester one from the second hand box, and cheated at cards during dinner break.  WHen he left school his pops gave him a job in his business, and he spent all day coming up with fucking stupid plans that involved paying huge amounts of money to page 3 girls to "promote the brand" until eventually even his dad got fucked off and set up him on his own with a vanity business.  That's Moshiri that is.

H - as a friend I dearly hold in high esteem, might I implore you to liberally use the words "alleged/believed/understood allegedly) in your posts

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 05 Jun 2021, 10:58 am

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

*player-manager.

Moshiri is that thick fat kid at school who's dad was rich but a bit dodgy, had the nice blazer not the polyester one from the second hand box, and cheated at cards during dinner break.  WHen he left school his pops gave him a job in his business, and he spent all day coming up with fucking stupid plans that involved paying huge amounts of money to page 3 girls to "promote the brand" until eventually even his dad got fucked off and set up him on his own with a vanity business.  That's Moshiri that is.

H - as a friend I dearly hold in high esteem, might I implore you to liberally use the words "alleged/believed/understood allegedly)  in your posts

Ok, Moshiri is that thick fat kid at school who's dad was rich but a bit dodgy, and ALLEGEDLY had the nice blazer.... etc

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 01 May 2022, 9:37 pm

Carlo Ancelotti - glory era boss - Page 3 17664810
Posted without comment…
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 11 Jan 2024, 9:11 am

Real Madrid Assistant Manager Davide Ancelotti has spoken to El Pais 🗞🇪🇸 about his time at Everton.
“Me and my father (Carlo Ancelotti) enjoyed our time at Everton. We came in at the end of 2019 with a plan to get the club to where we all felt it deserved to be, competing at the top.
The owner (Farhad Moshiri) sold us a vision which really excited us, we knew then that this was the place to really achieve that. The club had clearly went through a period of instability and we were determined to change that.
Everyone knows that the Premier League isn’t easy, that first season was difficult. Everton was at the wrong end of the table when we took over. What we took from that season was the assessment of the squad and how we would improve that in the Summer.
Unfortunately by this time, the world was a few months into a pandemic. This had a significant impact on Football and the financial implications were great. This is something we had to work with.
That summer (2020) we were able to do some business to improve the squad including bringing in a player me and my father knew very well in James Rodriguez. However during this time problems began, there was a number of disagreements with the Director of Football (Marcel Brands) on strategy.
He (Brands) wanted players which we felt weren’t the right fit for Everton, in the end we came to an agreement on the players we would pursue but this was a long and difficult process.
The Chairman (Bill Kenwright who passed away in October 2023) would often sit in at these meetings giving advice which we found strange as this was something I had not seen at other football clubs.
Following the summer we started the season (2020/21) really well and we were confident that the club could really achieve european Football. There was of course a couple of poor runs throughout the season which ultimately cost us and we finished 10th, this was very disappointing.
My father had grown increasingly frustrated with the business done in the January window that season and after a meeting with the Chairman at the end of the season we discovered that the club had very little to spend in the summer (2021).
We were also told this was something unlikely to change for a number of years, at this point I think my father had made his decision that this project was coming to an end.
Just a day after this meeting Real Madrid had approached us to take over there, it was a pretty easy decision but that isn’t out of respect for Everton. It’s a wonderful football club however with the serious financial problems it was facing we decided that is was the right decision to leave.”
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3