606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Olympique Lyonnais

+16
Yankthattoffee
Mr_Ben
Made 4 Gwladys
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SEFTON
The President
Super
Lumper
Statman
Sack the Juggler
Armchair
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Albert
Blue gazza
Gravy & Chips
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Everton v Olympique Lyonnais - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton v Olympique Lyonnais

Post  SEFTON Thu 19 Oct 2017, 10:23 pm

Martina and keane very poor tonight, Holdgate had a nightmare plus DCL not ready to lead the front line,paying the price of poor coaching and lack of strikers,Ramirez and klaassen very poor buys.when will it end fucking depressing.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Thu 19 Oct 2017, 11:14 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Statman wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:Love how Koeman is moaning at the ref. We should have been down to 10 men. I aren't one to call for manager changes very often, but something has to change.

Here comes the glory hunter. Not here for ages then we only lose by 1 goal and he's back.

lol! lol! lol! lol!

You OK mate. Still fighting the good fight against Stoke scruffs?
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Thu 19 Oct 2017, 11:16 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:In a more positive note, at least we don't have to worry about Barcelona poaching him any more Neutral

Didn't we ruin Martinez's dream of going to Barca as well?
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 20 Oct 2017, 8:40 am

We were very poor again
RK has run out of ideas and in my opinion out of time
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Fri 20 Oct 2017, 9:37 am

Well that was a complete waste. Wasn’t even bothered to boo at full time No
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 20 Oct 2017, 9:57 am

For just a few minutes, I thought we'd win it, as long as we didn't get too excited and make a silly error trying to maintain the pressure. Then Sandro joined Coco the clown, and we snatched defeat from the jaws of a draw.
Close but no Sigurdsson.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 20 Oct 2017, 10:52 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:For just a few minutes, I thought we'd win it, as long as we didn't get too excited and make a silly error trying to maintain the pressure. Then Sandro joined Coco the clown, and we snatched defeat from the jaws of a draw.
Close but no Sigurdsson.
A Close is what we desperately need... in fact a derivative of a Miroslav Josef Klose

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 20 Oct 2017, 10:54 am

Club Officials have reviewed the footage of an incident that occurred in the 64th minute of the game against Olympique Lyonnais where supporters towards the front of the lower Gwladys Street End became involved in a confrontation between players. We have identified one individual whom action will now be taken against. This will include a ban from attending future Everton fixtures and the Club registering a formal complaint with Merseyside Police.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/10/20/club-statement-everton-v-olympique-lyonnaise

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 20 Oct 2017, 10:54 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41691580

The fan who was holding his kid and took a swipe at the Lyon player's has been identified and banned.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 20 Oct 2017, 11:19 am

Super wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41691580

The fan who was holding his kid and took a swipe at the Lyon player's has been identified and banned.

Everton quick to react to a fan causing trouble(rightly so) but fail to deal with Inner troubles that still fester. affraid
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 20 Oct 2017, 11:49 am

I wonder if he is relieved lol! Sad
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 20 Oct 2017, 1:45 pm

The President wrote:

I wonder if he is relieved lol!  Sad

Ridiculous statement from Arsenal conference today by Ronald Koeman? We don't have time to train? WTF.
Will be Be very surprised If koeman Is fired before League cup against Chelsea next week.

Losing the will affraid
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 20 Oct 2017, 2:28 pm

sefton wrote:
The President wrote:

Ridiculous statement from Arsenal conference today by Ronald Koeman? We don't have time to train? WTF.
Will be Be very surprised If koeman Is fired before League cup against Chelsea next week.

Losing the will affraid

Ha ha - has he forgotten that our opponents played last night as well and they've got to travel back from Serbia too?

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 20 Oct 2017, 3:37 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
sefton wrote:
The President wrote:

Losing the will affraid

Ha ha - has he forgotten that our opponents played last night as well and they've got to travel back from Serbia too?
he's making his excuses ahead of the pending defeat isn't he ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Fri 20 Oct 2017, 6:16 pm

Martina is terrible.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 20 Oct 2017, 7:29 pm

as long as Big Ash isn't suspended, I can see the "brawl" being our kickstarter.
It may have created a siege mentality, so loved by Moyes.
Up and at 'em etc.
I expect a thundering performance on Sunday.
Or......
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 20 Oct 2017, 10:52 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:as long as Big Ash isn't suspended, I can see the "brawl" being our kickstarter.
Up and at 'em etc.
Or......

I have to admit I fall into the camp that sees the brawl as the low point of Everton's recent history. Not that I'm against a bit of fire in the team, but Williams was ridiculous, stupid, and embarrassing. He should have been sent off at least twice (second time for a nasty little push on the defender while celebrating his goal). If our players bitch-slapping the Lyon players wasn't enough, it led to the bellend with the kid in the Street End undermining the club's good work in the community by making us look like a bunch of neanderthal scallies.

I don't think it will have done the team any good whatsoever, as it was swiftly followed by Sandra and Martina doing their best Laurel and Hardy impersonation leading to Lyon's winner.

Our best hope is if the shit Arsenal turn up rather than the classy Arsenal and we get loads of luck.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 21 Oct 2017, 7:36 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:as long as Big Ash isn't suspended, I can see the "brawl" being our kickstarter.
Up and at 'em etc.
Or......

I have to admit I fall into the camp that sees the brawl as the low point of Everton's recent history.  Not that I'm against a bit of fire in the team, but Williams was ridiculous, stupid, and embarrassing.  He should have been sent off at least twice (second time for a nasty little push on the defender while celebrating his goal).   If our players bitch-slapping the Lyon players wasn't enough, it led to the bellend with the kid in the Street End undermining the club's good work in the community by making us look like a bunch of neanderthal scallies.

I don't think it will have done the team any good whatsoever, as it was swiftly followed by Sandra and Martina doing their best Laurel and Hardy impersonation leading to Lyon's winner.

Our best hope is if the shit Arsenal turn up rather than the classy Arsenal and we get loads of luck.

I catch your drift. (A bit like the Mori sending off against the Shyte?) I'm clutching at any straw floating by.
At the end of the game, Davies went to the area where the incident took place and gave his shirt (I think) to the guy with the kid.
Could the same guy plead that the Lyon players were getting to close to his kid and he was simply protecting him? (Hey, there goes another straw)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 21 Oct 2017, 2:04 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Up and at 'em etc.
Or......

I have to admit I fall into the camp that sees the brawl as the low point of Everton's recent history.  Not that I'm against a bit of fire in the team, but Williams was ridiculous, stupid, and embarrassing.  He should have been sent off at least twice (second time for a nasty little push on the defender while celebrating his goal).   If our players bitch-slapping the Lyon players wasn't enough, it led to the bellend with the kid in the Street End undermining the club's good work in the community by making us look like a bunch of neanderthal scallies.

I catch your drift. (A bit like the Mori sending off against the Shyte?) I'm clutching at any straw floating by.
At the end of the game, Davies went to the area where the incident took place and gave his shirt (I think) to the guy with the kid.
Could the same guy plead that the Lyon players were getting to close to his kid and he was simply protecting him? (Hey, there goes another straw)

Hmm... surprised Davies did that. My feeling is that what the fella with the kid did was no worse, less bad in some ways, than the players brawling. They're paid a fucking fortune, and they have a responsibility to the club and the community. To start kicking off like a bunch of schoolboys right in front of the Street End was a disgrace. Why is it okay for them to brawl but not for the fan? Why is it okay for Williams to smack the Lyon goalie but not the fan? If the bellend in the crowd was banned for life, Williams should at least be told he can never captain the club again.

Ah I dunno, I'm massively pissed off with the players and the manager right now. Maybe I'm over-reacting, but they're a fucking shower.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 21 Oct 2017, 5:24 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Up and at 'em etc.
Or......

Hmm... surprised Davies did that.  My feeling is that what the fella with the kid did was no worse, less bad in some ways, than the players brawling.  They're paid a fucking fortune, and they have a responsibility to the club and the community.  To start kicking off like a bunch of schoolboys right in front of the Street End was a disgrace.  Why is it okay for them to brawl but not for the fan?  Why is it okay for Williams to smack the Lyon goalie but not the fan?  If the bellend in the crowd was banned for life, Williams should at least be told he can never captain the club again.

Ah I dunno, I'm massively pissed off with the players and the manager right now.  Maybe I'm over-reacting, but they're a fucking shower.
You reactionary old fart!!!

And might I say welcome to the "Reactionary Old Fart Club". Could not agree more with you especially on the fact that the tit was wearing the club's armband. He has been woeful for weeks and to be honest is dragging down Keane's form and confidence. He should not captain the Club again. I would insist that he further tries to rebuild links back to restoring EitC reputation and join the youngsters in sleeping rough in the Stadium again.

There can be no excuse for the spectator to rush from stage left , as it were, using the commonest video angle used. The likelihood was that his actions exacerbated the situation. He needs to be named, shamed, charged and convicted.

As for Williams - the book needs to be thrown at him. The club need to be seen to do this before UEFA get their action together =- and he needs to pay the fine. All that said I take a view born of playing rugby at school and if a teammate ever so foolishly did something like Williams did and it started to kick off then it has to be all in one in. In some respects that is what saved with players from getting the red... the fact that they all went in.

I still think Koeman is the right guy.... I just want the players to take a greater accountability for their performances. Koeman was pretty frustrated as the rest of us watching.... I could hear him from the touchline... we have headless chicken syndrome at the moment we are spending too much time worrying how the opposition are playing and what we can do to stop them rather than as we should be doing going positive and leaving them with the quandary.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Sun 22 Oct 2017, 12:23 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/everton-fan-fight-hit-players-holding-child-son-blames-club-lyon-europa-league-ashamed-police-brawl-a8013671.html

Everton fan who tried to hit Lyon player while holding his son blames players and club for allowing incident to happen

Everton v Olympique Lyonnais - Page 3 789528

clown
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 22 Oct 2017, 1:21 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/everton-fan-fight-hit-players-holding-child-son-blames-club-lyon-europa-league-ashamed-police-brawl-a8013671.html

Everton fan who tried to hit Lyon player while holding his son blames players and club for allowing incident to happen

Everton v Olympique Lyonnais - Page 3 789528

clown

lol!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3