606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 - Jordan (Engerland No1) Pickford

+16
Mr_Ben
Lumper
Goodison_Gringo
hairy cataract
Armchair
Gravy & Chips
The President
Statman
SEFTON
Made 4 Gwladys
Super
RhinoJagz
Knight of Thorgothshire
Sack the Juggler
SouthernSmugToffee
Blue gazza
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

1 - Jordan (Engerland No1) Pickford  - Page 4 Empty Re: 1 - Jordan (Engerland No1) Pickford

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 15 Jan 2023, 5:56 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Spurs would be absolutely mad not to go after Pickford. Lloris with another poor game against the Arse. It's only halftime, so he might have more clangers still.
and Pickford would be absolutely mad not to join them

Number of posts : 41036
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

1 - Jordan (Engerland No1) Pickford  - Page 4 Empty Re: 1 - Jordan (Engerland No1) Pickford

Post  hairy cataract Sun 15 Jan 2023, 7:39 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Spurs would be absolutely mad not to go after Pickford. Lloris with another poor game against the Arse. It's only halftime, so he might have more clangers still.
and Pickford would be absolutely mad not to join them

We should just ring Levy up and offer him Pickford for £100m cash up front, next day delivery to his door. We could start rebuilding the team for next season in the Championship, pay off Lampard and pals, offer Dyche the job for £100 a week, and give the rest to the long suffering fans.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25874

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 23 Feb 2023, 8:26 pm

GOOD NEWS !

England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford has agreed a new deal with Everton.

The 28-year-old was approaching the last 12 months of his contract at Goodison Park and had been linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur.

Pickford joined Everton from Sunderland for £30m in 2017 and has made 222 appearances for the Merseyside club.

"He is a very good player. It is a sign he is enjoying the new regime and has accepted what we are looking to offer," said new manager Sean Dyche.

"He has been a fantastic player so we want him to continue doing that.

"I'm learning about Jordan. He has been very open about himself and how he feels here."

The Toffees have won two of their three games since Dyche replaced Frank Lampard and sit 16th in the table, a point above the relegation places, before Saturday's home game with mid-table Aston Villa (15:00 GMT).

Pickford made his England debut in 2017 and has 50 caps, helping the Three Lions reach the final of Euro 2020.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64747065?at_bbc_team=editorial&at_campaign_type=owned&at_format=link&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_link_id=5E92CC9C-B3B2-11ED-8864-8399AD7C7D13&at_link_origin=Match_of_the_Day&at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_link_type=web_link&at_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR3nTWoZrn3f1VLZUpURgTVRnX6eL6iIewUNtBsOEWsJxGVNfcX_nMolrFo

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 23 Feb 2023, 9:01 pm

Great news. Just need to have it confirmed on the OS now.

Surely he'll be the highest earner at the club?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74428

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 23 Feb 2023, 9:10 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Great news. Just need to have it confirmed on the OS now.

The horrifying reality is that Pickford now has a signed contract tying him to Everton (prima facie - good news for Everton). However Everton also have a contract signed by Pickford which clearly defines how valuable he is to Everton - facts that will be brought to the fore in the summer when the proposed clubs come for him.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9787
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 23 Feb 2023, 9:19 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Great news. Just need to have it confirmed on the OS now.

The horrifying reality is that Pickford now has a signed contract tying him to Everton (prima facie - good news for Everton). However Everton also have a contract signed by Pickford which clearly defines how valuable he is to Everton - facts that will be brought to the fore in the summer when the proposed clubs come for him.
He'll gather interest from other clubs this summer, no matter what, but if he has a long term contract, that could only be positive from a price point if he were to end up leaving.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 23 Feb 2023, 10:31 pm

There's undoubetdely a relegation clause in there. Still, good of him to committ.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 23 Feb 2023, 11:22 pm

It's one of those that is good for both player and club. Player gets a nice pay rise and that extra sense of security. Club eliminates the risk of him leaving for free or on a reduced price due to length of remaining contract.

Judge is right though - if another big club wants Pickford this summer then it will be because they really want him, and it will be of little consequence to them what they have to pay. In that sense there is an element of Pickford and his agent doing Everton a turn here by making sure we get proper value for him if a bid from, say, a CL club comes in. But if a bid comes in that is too good for player and/or club to turn down then he will go, regardless of his contract with us. If that happens, my money would be on Man U.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14836
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 24 Feb 2023, 3:31 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:It's one of those that is good for both player and club. Player gets a nice pay rise and that extra sense of security. Club eliminates the risk of him leaving for free or on a reduced price due to length of remaining contract.

Judge is right though - if another big club wants Pickford this summer then it will be because they really want him, and it will be of little consequence to them what they have to pay. In that sense there is an element of Pickford and his agent doing Everton a turn here by making sure we get proper value for him if a bid from, say, a CL club comes in. But if a bid comes in that is too good for player and/or club to turn down then he will go, regardless of his contract with us. If that happens, my money would be on Man U.

I hear Tottenham are letting Lloris go...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9787
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 24 Feb 2023, 9:13 am

Da Judge wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:It's one of those that is good for both player and club. Player gets a nice pay rise and that extra sense of security. Club eliminates the risk of him leaving for free or on a reduced price due to length of remaining contract.

I hear Tottenham are letting Lloris go...
swap deal for Richarlison Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 24 Feb 2023, 11:10 am

He's a top keeper who has made some crucial saves for us. But he's no Southall, because he makes the odd error which I don't recall Neville doing.

I'm glad he's signed because I think we'd struggle to find a better goalie and, as has been said, at least we'll get big money for him if he does leave. I don't see a CL hopeful coming in for him though - Arsenal definitely not, the Shite definitely not, Newcastle not in a million years, Man City absolutely not, Chelsea very unlikely. Man U and Spurs are the only possibles and I'd be surprised if either of them made a move for Pickford, they're both more likely to look abroad for a new keeper.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 24 Feb 2023, 11:19 am

hairy cataract wrote:He's a top keeper who has made some crucial saves for us.  But he's no Southall, because he makes the odd error which I don't recall Neville doing.

I'm glad he's signed because I think we'd struggle to find a better goalie and, as has been said, at least we'll get big money for him if he does leave.  I don't see a CL hopeful coming in for him though  - Arsenal definitely not, the Shite definitely not, Newcastle not in a million years, Man City absolutely not, Chelsea very unlikely.  Man U and Spurs are the only possibles and I'd be surprised if either of them made a move for Pickford, they're both more likely to look abroad for a new keeper.

Newcastle's Saudi owners accidentally signing Pickford because they've never even heard of Sunderland would be funny though.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 24 Feb 2023, 5:33 pm

hairy cataract wrote:He's a top keeper who has made some crucial saves for us.  But he's no Southall, because he makes the odd error which I don't recall Neville doing.

I'm glad he's signed because I think we'd struggle to find a better goalie and, as has been said, at least we'll get big money for him if he does leave.  I don't see a CL hopeful coming in for him though  - Arsenal definitely not, the Shite definitely not, Newcastle not in a million years, Man City absolutely not, Chelsea very unlikely.  Man U and Spurs are the only possibles and I'd be surprised if either of them made a move for Pickford, they're both more likely to look abroad for a new keeper.

Agree with all of that, but if you look at all of those teams first choice keepers, I reckon you could argue he is better than all, except for that Brazilian prick at the RS.

I think Pickford has been excellent since the Euro's and doesn't really get the credit he deserves at times.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 18 Jun 2023, 12:14 am

Manchester United are preparing a £45m bid for Everton's England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, 29.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 18 Jun 2023, 12:10 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Manchester United are preparing a £45m bid for Everton's England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, 29.

There's no way he'll go there and sit on the bench, and the same goes for De Gea. I can't see Utd selling De Gea. Therefore, Pickford stays at Everton.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 18 Jun 2023, 8:07 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

There's no way he'll go there and sit on the bench, and the same goes for De Gea.  I can't see Utd selling De Gea.  Therefore, Pickford stays at Everton.

I tihnk United mght be fed up of De Gea's errors.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22552
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 18 Jun 2023, 8:14 pm

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

There's no way he'll go there and sit on the bench, and the same goes for De Gea.  I can't see Utd selling De Gea.  Therefore, Pickford stays at Everton.

Maybe, but didn't he win the golden glove this season?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 18 Jun 2023, 8:59 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

True. That's awarded for the number of clean sheets (16) but potentially all the non-clean sheets were down to his bungling 1 - Jordan (Engerland No1) Pickford  - Page 4 F_laugh
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22552
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 18 Jun 2023, 10:15 pm

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

True. That's awarded for the number of clean sheets (16) but potentially all the non-clean sheets were down to his bungling 1 - Jordan (Engerland No1) Pickford  - Page 4 F_laugh
I guess we're all concerned with how many of our, very few, top class players are being linked away.
If we lose Pickford, then so be it, but if we also lose Onana (and Branthwaite) then we're in serious shyt.
I can't see anyone of their standard wishing to come here.

btw Souness swam the channel!!!!
I'm only 6 months older than him, but these days I couldn't swim to the end of my sink.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 18 Jun 2023, 11:13 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I guess we're all concerned with how many of our, very few, top class players are being linked away.
If we lose Pickford, then so be it, but if we also lose Onana (and Branthwaite) then we're in serious shyt.
I can't see anyone of their standard wishing to come here.

btw Souness swam the channel!!!!
I'm only 6 months older than him, but these days I couldn't swim to the end of my sink.

Credit to Souness, I read the story last week about why he was doing it. Fair play. I've never been able to swim properly, in fact when I first attempted my 10m certificate at school I dived in three metres, doggy-paddled the middle stretch and then walked the last few metres. I didn't get the certificate.

Regarding Branthwaite - I have to say I find it surprising that he's being talked about as a potential sellable asset. Maybe that's because we've got so few of them? The facts are that he went to PSV as our 6th choice CB, played in a team that had the worst defensive record in the Dutch top 6, and didn't even become a regular starter until the new year anyway.

I'm not querying you and your reference to him here Yank, I have seen him mentioned in transfer rumours myself. I can only assume that unless we need a fire sale, this is all just rumour bollocks unless he's turned into Jaap Stam in six months.

That said, I've not seen him play at all for PSV, so maybe he has.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 19 Jun 2023, 7:52 am

Shandy van der Meyde doesn’t rate Branthwaite at all, and what that man doesn’t know about football could be written on the back of his arse.

We’re in a terrible state if we sell Pickford. No goalies at all, relying on a shit 20 year old centre back to step in for Mina/Coady, no fit strikers, no right side wingers, no board of directors, no sign of any of the much heralded incoming investment, no money, up on a charge.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 19 Jun 2023, 11:51 am

hairy cataract wrote:Shandy van der Meyde doesn’t rate Branthwaite at all, and what that man doesn’t know about football could be written on the back of his arse.

We’re in a terrible state if we sell Pickford. No goalies at all, relying on a shit 20 year old centre back to step in for Mina/Coady, no fit strikers, no right side wingers, no board of directors, no sign of any of the much heralded incoming investment, no money, up on a charge.

And to cap it all, my lawnmower died yesterday.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 19 Jun 2023, 11:52 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Shandy van der Meyde doesn’t rate Branthwaite at all, and what that man doesn’t know about football could be written on the back of his arse.

I feel I should point out that that's an actual lawnmower, a machine. Not some elderly Polish fella who I've been paying below minimum wage for the last five years to keep my garden trim.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 19 Jun 2023, 1:29 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

I feel I should point out that that's an actual lawnmower, a machine. Not some elderly Polish fella who I've been paying below minimum wage for the last five years to keep my garden trim.

Glad you've cleared that up, because I was going to offer you my valet as a temporary stand-in for your sadly deceased gardener.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 19 Jun 2023, 1:45 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Mine did too, midweek. Changed the oil, cleaned the air filter (too lazy to buy a new one), and the spark plug, ran like a champ despite it being over 15 years old.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum