606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ademola Lookman - Red Bull or Blue?

+16
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
Gravy & Chips
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
The President
Sack the Juggler
Made 4 Gwladys
Yankthattoffee
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Mr_Ben
Blue gazza
Super
Armchair
RhinoJagz
Goodison_Gringo
20 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ademola Lookman - Red Bull or Blue? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ademola Lookman - Red Bull or Blue?

Post  hairy cataract Sat 30 Sep 2017, 12:08 pm

Blue gazza wrote:Tottenham are considering a move for 19-year-old Everton forward Ademola Lookman. (Daily Mirror)

Where do they get this shite from? I can't imagine a less Spurs-type player than Lookman.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Ademola Lookman - Red Bull or Blue? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ademola Lookman - Red Bull or Blue?

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 30 Sep 2017, 1:18 pm

Blue gazza wrote:Tottenham are considering a move for 19-year-old Everton forward Ademola Lookman. (Daily Mirror)

Would like to see him play a bit more. We are desperate for width at the moment.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Fri 06 Oct 2017, 12:14 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:

Would like to see him play a bit more. We are desperate for width at the moment.
unlike us fat fuckers Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 08 Oct 2017, 7:25 am

The Gunners also want Everton's 19-year-old forward Ademola Lookman. (Sun on Sunday)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Ademola Lookman - Red Bull or Blue? - Page 2 Empty Lookman

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 31 Jan 2018, 7:37 pm

off on loan to Redbull Leipzig.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 31 Jan 2018, 7:38 pm

WTF? scratch
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 31 Jan 2018, 8:27 pm

makes no sense at all that one .... if true ???

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:22 pm

Been let down badly by the club this season. Unless he has a gaurentee of first team action then its a bit of a puzzler.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:47 pm

RhinoJagz wrote:Been let down badly by the club this season. Unless he has a gaurentee of first team action then its a bit of a puzzler.

It's odd. With Kev and Lennon gone we only have two wingers at the club now. Perhaps he'll start some games for Leipzig whereas he's likely only to be a sub at the moment for us.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:51 pm

Armchair wrote:
RhinoJagz wrote:Been let down badly by the club this season. Unless he has a gaurentee of first team action then its a bit of a puzzler.

It's odd. With Kev and Lennon gone we only have two wingers at the club now. Perhaps he'll start some games for Leipzig whereas he's likely only to be a sub at the moment for us.

Been far more impressive then the two that have left already with that threat of pace. Bolasie not really settled back into team yet but with nothing really on the line for rest of season why not give him more game time?

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 31 Jan 2018, 10:06 pm

RhinoJagz wrote:
Armchair wrote:

Been far more impressive then the two that have left already with that threat of pace. Bolasie not really settled back into team yet but with nothing really on the line for rest of season why not give him more game time?

I agree. I think Bolasie will drive us nuts with his fancy skills and lack of end product.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Wed 31 Jan 2018, 10:11 pm

Shocking decision
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 31 Jan 2018, 10:22 pm

I take it you watched Walcott tonight? That's the standard.  

Bolasie is clearly the other first-choice winger, Vlasic and Lookman are third and fourth choice behind those two.  Lookman hasn't impressed so far (though to be fair nor has Vlasic). There's no point in sticking him on the bench or playing him in the U23s, so send him out to get a bit more experience where he might get a regular game.  Unless Walcott and Bolasie get injured, he won't get any more minutes with us this season.

Anyway, according to someone on toffeeweb:

Sam Allardyce on Ademola Lookman's decision to join RB Leipzig: "It's one of the most unusual situations I've been in. It was his choice. He was adamant he wanted Germany. We tried to persuade him not to. But his stubbornness got him his way."
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 01 Feb 2018, 12:54 am

hairy cataract wrote:I take it you watched Walcott tonight? That's the standard.  

Bolasie is clearly the other first-choice winger, Vlasic and Lookman are third and fourth choice behind those two.  Lookman hasn't impressed so far (though to be fair nor has Vlasic). There's no point in sticking him on the bench or playing him in the U23s, so send him out to get a bit more experience where he might get a regular game.  Unless Walcott and Bolasie get injured, he won't get any more minutes with us this season.

Sam Allardyce on Ademola Lookman's decision to join RB Leipzig: "It's one of the most unusual situations I've been in. It was his choice. He was adamant he wanted Germany. We tried to persuade him not to. But his stubbornness got him his way."

This. In the Suite tonight were were a number of questions asked not the least was why no T`osun but also why let the lad go. Everton have taken the view (or so I thought before the ToffeeWeb comment) better to get decent 1st XI experience and broader knowledge... he will come back the better .. but he could not have replaced Theo tonight .... we lose 0-1

Ademola needs to look at Theo and see ... "yes that is what I need to do"..... because even though I love the natural talent he has not yet shown he can be provider and finisher as well as I saw Walcott tonight

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 01 Feb 2018, 9:04 am

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I take it you watched Walcott tonight? That's the standard.  

This. In the Suite tonight were were a number of questions asked not the least was why no T`osun but also why let the lad go. Everton have taken the view (or so I thought before the ToffeeWeb comment) better to get decent 1st XI experience and broader knowledge... he will come back the better .. but he could not have replaced Theo tonight .... we lose 0-1  

Ademola needs to look at Theo and see ... "yes that is what I need to do"..... because even though I love the natural talent he has not yet shown he can be provider and finisher as well as I saw Walcott tonight

Yes, Walcott is the finished article, an absolutely superb player - by our standards.  I say that because we are not Arsenal.  They have an abundence of players like Theo, we had none til he arrived.  Watching him and Coleman throws into focus just how mediocre our team is at the moment.  Having two players of that quality does push the others to raise their game, but we need a few more like them before we can seriously think about the top 6.  Lookman is not one of those players.  He might be, though I have my doubts because he should be showing more at this stage.  I think with players like Lookman, you buy them, you run an eye over them for a season, maybe send them out on loan, then make a decision.  The question should be, could he be Coleman/Walcott quality?  If not, then move on to the next youngster. With Theo, it's not just his pace and his skills, it's his reading of the game too.  And he pressed really well too, making a number of tackles that won us the ball.

My big hope is that Siggi raises his game now.  He's a quality player and Theo needs those kind of footballers around him.  We also need that elusive striker.  If Tosun is already benched, what is the management team seeing in training?  Slightly worrying.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Thu 01 Feb 2018, 9:45 am

Agree with most of what you say but you’ve ignored the fact that both Bolasie and Walcott will be lucky to make it through the rest of the season without injury. We’ve just given away the only decent backup we have. I also highly rate Lookman and think he’s going to be a huge asset to the club in the future. He’s not been given a proper chance by Allardyce but he’s gone to a good side in a good league, it should improve him.

Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 01 Feb 2018, 10:59 am

True, but we still have Vlasic.  I am surprised that we've allowed three wingers to leave and only brought one in - as you say we leave ourselves exposed to injuries - but for me the big miss would be Lennon if we're down to the bare bones at some point.  Lennon offered more than Lookman or Vlasic in the short term because he knows how to track back and he works hard, plus has that extra bit of nous.  So I would have sold Mirallas, sent Lookman out on loan, kept Vlasic and Lennon as back up with a view to letting Lennon go in the summer.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:17 pm

Sending Lookman and Besic out on loan is a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned. They both need competitive minutes and we aren't strong enough to give them very many. Sandro I'm less sure about, he cost buttons, comparatively, and there is a player there. However he's a #10, and not an obvious first choice in a Sam team (whatever that is). Sending him out at least keeps his value up.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Fri 02 Feb 2018, 12:25 pm

Good move for Lookman, might be the making of him.

I have high hopes for him
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Fri 02 Feb 2018, 12:30 pm

I think he's looked good every time I've seen him play, but he's clearly not Sam's first choice. Hopefully he'll get game time and come back a more complete player.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Fri 02 Feb 2018, 12:31 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:I think he's looked good every time I've seen him play, but he's clearly not Sam's first choice. Hopefully he'll get game time and come back a more complete player.

His biggest problem is losing possession, but if it's high up the pitch when trying something, it shouldn't be too dangerous.

It's not as if we play a high line, is it?

Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 03 Feb 2018, 7:46 pm

Scored on his debut.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sat 03 Feb 2018, 8:00 pm

Armchair wrote:Scored on his debut.

Fat head thinks it was a bad decision for him to go there Ademola Lookman - Red Bull or Blue? - Page 2 F_doh
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 03 Feb 2018, 9:46 pm

Ademola Lookman struck the winner on his debut three days after leaving Everton on loan as RB Leipzig won at Borussia Moenchengladbach.

The 20-year-old moved on deadline day despite Everton manager Sam Allardyce urging him to move on loan in England.

After being on the pitch 11 minutes, Lookman drove into the bottom corner for an 89th-minute winner.

He becomes the first Englishman to score in the Bundesliga since Owen Hargreaves at Bayern Munich in 2005.

Allardyce said Lookman's move to Leipzig was "one of the most unusual situations I've been in", adding the deal was a "big challenge" for the player's development.

The former England manager said he hoped Lookman "proves us all wrong" and in finding the net on debut, his goal delivered Leipzig's first win in three matches, moving them third in the table.

England Under-21 international Lookman joined the Toffees from Charlton for £11m in January 2017 and has made seven Premier League appearances this season, starting one game.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42934304?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 May 2018, 7:40 pm

Ademola Lookman finished his RB Leipzig loan spell with his fifth Bundesliga goal in 11 games, but they missed out on a Champions League place.

The England Under-21 winger - on loan from Everton - cut in from the left before smashing in a low shot in a 6-2 win at Hertha Berlin.

He then assisted two Jean-Kevin Augustin goals before being replaced in the 62nd minute.

Leipzig are interested in signing 20-year-old Lookman permanently.

Hoffenheim and Borussia Dortmund took the final two Champions League places on goal difference from Bayer Leverkusen.

Hoffenheim, who qualify for Europe's top tournament for the first time, beat Dortmund 3-1 to overtake them into third place.

Dortmund boss Peter Stoger, who only signed a short-term contract when he took over in December, announced he will leave the club after the game.

In the 90th minute, Leverkusen were only one goal behind Dortmund in the table, but they conceded twice in injury time in a 3-2 win over Hannover.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44095172?ns_linkname=sport&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next