606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Man City

+12
Da Judge
Lumper
RhinoJagz
Mr_Ben
Knight of Thorgothshire
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Armchair
Super
Goodison_Gringo
The President
Sack the Juggler
Gravy & Chips
16 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Everton v Man City - Page 9 Empty Re: Everton v Man City

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 23 Aug 2015, 5:55 pm

Everton v Man City - Page 9 695251 Everton v Man City - Page 9 695251 Everton v Man City - Page 9 695251

booooooooooooooooooo

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 23 Aug 2015, 5:56 pm

FT. We didn't play that badly but City are a cut above. We had no threat down the left at all - need Ovi at LB next time.

Coleman outstanding I thought.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 23 Aug 2015, 5:56 pm

And it's all over. City the better team, no arguments there, but we need to expect more from the Everton side. No width, simply shocking. Need to sign a creative winger/CM to complement Barkley. Hopefully that Kiev lad will get signed.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 23 Aug 2015, 5:57 pm

Armchair wrote:FT. We didn't play that badly but City are a cut above. We had no threat down the left at all - need Ovi at LB next time.

agreed. Two goalkeeping errors. Kompany back to his best though, no way through him.

anyway, we've done better against City than anyone else so far....

Rolling Eyes
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 23 Aug 2015, 6:05 pm

Armchair wrote:FT. We didn't play that badly but City are a cut above. We had no threat down the left at all - need Ovi at LB next time.

Not much of a threat down the right either to be fair. Kone is not a winger and he tucked in too early and hence clogging up the middle and there is no width on the right.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 23 Aug 2015, 6:06 pm

If City loose the league then I can't imagine who is going to beat them on that form.

I am annoyed that Martinez did not use more width. The Naismith sub I would liked to have seen No 11 or Foo Foo on.

First goal should have been saved. Howard is a great shot stopper.

Coleman and Cleverly both played well. We need someone at LB though.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 23 Aug 2015, 6:08 pm

Agreed. We can pick on a few things but City were just a cut above in every department. Had better width, Silva was pinging the ball short and long and they crowded us out at every opportunity. Can't blame Bobby for not making attacking subs as City were just too good on the break. Coleman was excellent.

City clear favourites for title even at this stage

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sun 23 Aug 2015, 6:50 pm

mindyerho? wrote:

agreed. Two goalkeeping errors. Kompany back to his best though, no way through him.

Rolling Eyes

I think that it's a bit harsh to say that the second was a goalkeeping error.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 23 Aug 2015, 7:33 pm

Statman wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Yeah. I thought McCarty was to blame for the second.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 23 Aug 2015, 7:37 pm

Bluejagz wrote:Agreed. We can pick on a few things but City were just a cut above in every department. Had better width, Silva was pinging the ball short and long and they crowded us out at every opportunity. Can't blame Bobby for not making attacking subs as City were just too good on the break. Coleman was excellent.

City clear favourites for title even at this stage

Pretty much this. I'd like to have seen us sit back and try to catch them on the break a bit more, but ultimately they've spent a billion fucking pounds and they have better players. We looked a match for them for large parts of the game and just lost out in terms of quality at the end. They bring on £30m bony and £25million (with 1 year left on his contract) Nasri and we bring on £0 Naismith and £4m Deulofeu. Not an excuse, but worth pointing out we live in totllay different worlds. Might be shite though, I have had quite a few beers.

Right MC, let's get this plane sorted. FTRS!

Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 23 Aug 2015, 9:50 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Someone in the stands is requiring medical attention. Hope he/she is OK.

Everton have sent their best wishes to a fan who was captured on live TV having a epileptic fit during Sunday's Premier League match against Manchester City.

The Toffees supporter was in distress when he was spotted by City forward Sergio Aguero as the away side prepared to take a corner at Goodison Park.

The Argentina ace signalled for the referee to stop play and waved at officials for the fan to receive medical attention.

Stadium first aiders were quickly on the scene to administer treatment.

Everton goalkeeper Tm and Howard and full-back Seamus Coleman also showed concern and appealed for help as fellow fans pleaded with stewards to assist.

The club later tweeted: "We're told the supporter who was taken ill in the first minute of today's game, which you may have seen on TV coverage, was treated at the stadium after having an epileptic fit before going to hospital as a precaution.

"We send our best wishes for a speedy recovery."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-wish-speedy-recovery-fan-6307331

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 23 Aug 2015, 9:59 pm

Lumper wrote:
Statman wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

Rolling Eyes

It might be worth watching that goal, cause Coleman was checked badly around the half way line-ish. To be expected from CL teams. There has to be a dark side, which we don't possess. Sadly.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 23 Aug 2015, 11:50 pm

To be honest I probably have as good seat as Roberto and we were about 0.95 goals behind all game. Lukaku free kick goes in and the game is ours. If we had equalized the game was ours - but we didn't . I do think we are ok for season keeping stones is key part of that

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 24 Aug 2015, 1:16 am

Da Judge wrote:To be honest I probably have as good seat as Roberto and we were about 0.95 goals behind all game. Lukaku free kick goes in and the game is ours. If we had equalized the game was ours - but we didn't . I do think we are ok for season keeping stones is key part of that  

And you're starting to be infected by his crazy talk.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 24 Aug 2015, 10:00 pm

Made Foo Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Someone in the stands is requiring medical attention. Hope he/she is OK.

Everton have sent their best wishes to a fan who was captured on live TV having a epileptic fit during Sunday's Premier League match against Manchester City.

The Toffees supporter was in distress when he was spotted by City forward Sergio Aguero as the away side prepared to take a corner at Goodison Park.

The Argentina ace signalled for the referee to stop play and waved at officials for the fan to receive medical attention.

Stadium first aiders were quickly on the scene to administer treatment.

Everton goalkeeper Tm and Howard and full-back Seamus Coleman also showed concern and appealed for help as fellow fans pleaded with stewards to assist.

The club later tweeted: "We're told the supporter who was taken ill in the first minute of today's game, which you may have seen on TV coverage, was treated at the stadium after having an epileptic fit before going to hospital as a precaution.

"We send our best wishes for a speedy recovery."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-wish-speedy-recovery-fan-6307331
Everton season ticket holder Frank O’Neill, who fell ill at Sunday’s game against Manchester City, has thanked everyone who has shown concern for his health over the past 24 hours.

Frank, 70, suffered a small seizure and, after being treated by paramedics, was taken to the Liverpool Royal Hospital.

Thankfully, he was released later on Sunday evening and able to return home - a stone’s throw away from Goodison Park on Butterfield Street, just off Sleepers Hill.

“I’d like to thank all Everton and Manchester City fans who were at the game, along with the medical staff and everyone else who has shown concern and sent messages,” said Frank who was attending the match with son John and grandsons Carl and Jack.

“It came on all of a sudden and I can’t express how grateful I am to everyone who helped. I can’t thank them enough.”

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero, who noticed the incident during the game, took to Twitter after the final whistle to wish a speedy recovery to Frank, who has been watching Everton play at Goodison Park for 64 years.

Frank’s wife Kathleen also showed her appreciation for the support the family had received.

She said: “I’m not on Twitter but I believe there were a lot of people putting out messages asking how Frank was, which we are grateful for.

“We are thankful for everything that was done at the ground by the medical staff and stewards. If it had happened anywhere else, we don’t know what might have happened.”

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/08/24/frank-says-thank-you

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 25 Aug 2015, 12:11 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Statman wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

Rolling Eyes

It might be worth watching that goal, cause Coleman was checked badly around the half way line-ish. To be expected from CL teams. There has to be a dark side, which we don't possess. Sadly.

Do you watch Gareth Barry at all? Very Happy Everton v Man City - Page 9 Buttkick
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 25 Aug 2015, 12:26 am

Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Statman wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Do you watch Gareth Barry at all?  Very Happy  Everton v Man City - Page 9 Buttkick
Garry Barry clearly learned any darkish stuff in his pre-efc years, so we can take no responsibility at all. That's what Sepp told me to say.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9