606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

48. Courtney Duffus

2 posters

Go down

48. Courtney Duffus Empty 48. Courtney Duffus

Post  Super Mon 20 Jul 2015, 3:42 pm

Courtney Duffus has signed a new two-year contract to keep him at the Club until the summer of 2017. The 19-year-old striker spoke to evertontv on Monday about his delight at the new deal - and revealed how he was moments away from making his first-team debut last term.

Duffus had traveled with Roberto Martinez’s squad for the Europa League Round of 32 first leg against Young Boys of Bern in February. With the Toffees cruising at 4-1 after 60 minutes, the scene was set for his emergence from the bench, only for the dismissal of another young Blue to force a rethink from the manager. “The physio nudged me and said Lukaku had a tight hamstring so I was told to go and warm up,” Duffus recalled. "Obviously you can imagine how I felt - I was buzzing thinking I was going to come on. “But unfortunately John Stones got sent off about two minutes after that, so things changed. "I was just made up to be there to be honest. Hopefully I can pick up where I left off when I get back fit and be challenging to get in that first team again."

Currently sidelined following knee surgery, Duffus is targeting a return to Under-21s action in September.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38109
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

48. Courtney Duffus Empty Re: 48. Courtney Duffus

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 20 Jul 2015, 4:49 pm

Super wrote:
Currently sidelined following knee surgery, Duffus is targeting a return to Under-21s action in September.

Kone II
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 20 Jul 2015, 11:20 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:

Kone II

He is fitting in really quickly......
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38109
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: