606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Brom 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe)

+17
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Mr_Ben
Tonteau
The President
Lumper
Yankthattoffee
hairy cataract
Gazbow
RhinoJagz
Blue gazza
Armchair
Albert
SouthernSmugToffee
fatboblatch
nousername
ToffeeDan
Bryan
21 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

West Brom 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe) - Page 6 Empty Re: West Brom 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe)

Post  Super Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:19 pm

Up to 9th if can just hold on to these 3pts.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

West Brom 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe) - Page 6 Empty Re: West Brom 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:20 pm

Champagne football.

Oh, just remembered what gave me this headache.... Suspect
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:20 pm

woy the headbanger Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:21 pm

What was Hibbo doing there. Everton manage to clear.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:21 pm

felli's 5 yr plan wrote:woy the headbanger Very Happy

Funny as that.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:22 pm

All over, 3pts were never in doubt. Everton undefeated in 2012 and up to 9th. Roll on Bolton on Wednesday.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:22 pm

We had to win that - after such a poor match

I'll take 3 points

Upward and Onward
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:22 pm

See Woy banging his head.... lol!

At the final whistle Vic looks fucked....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:23 pm

Shit game, good three points. Well done Vic, we haven't been scoring goals like that of late.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:23 pm

WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE!!!

Had to laugh at Vic scoring, first since March 2010 and first in 43 games.

Vic we love you
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:24 pm

Super wrote:
felli's 5 yr plan wrote:woy the headbanger Very Happy

Funny as that.

bloody weird
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:25 pm

hairy cataract wrote:This ranks up there among the worst games I've seen. Hibbo reminds me of John Bailey, just lofting pointless, aimless crosses into the box. Dreadful.

Disagree. He is having a great season. His crosses are never going to be in Baines' league but he has improved enormously going forward. I would say 8 or 9 out of 10 crosses get into the box which is a huge improvement on previous seasons. It's not Hibbo's fault that we don't get enough players into the box to attack them.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:26 pm

I think we deserved those 3 points. West Brom are worse then us. At least we made the effort. Very happy with the result. We've not done too bad over Christmas.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:27 pm

OptaJoe on Twitter: "53% - Everton have now scored 53% of their Premier League goals this season (10 of 19) in the closing 15 minutes of games. Perky."
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:29 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Shitty kick-off time for me. New years day at 5:30AM. I doubt I'll get up to watch it.
You should still be up from the night before. West Brom 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe) - Page 6 Food-smi
Did I mention I was in bed before 11 on x-mas day?! Laughing I am so used to getting up right after 5 that I have a hard time sleeping in when I am off. Granted, that logic would then mean I'd be up for the match, but I doubt it since I'll be in bed so much later than normal.

West Brom v Everton will send you to sleep in no time Very Happy

"Jim: With us today on Sky Sports News is Tony Cottee and he will keep us up to date with any developments at The Hawthorns.

Tony, 15 mins gone. Any chances yet?

Tony: No Jim. Its pretty awful stuff.

Jim: Coming up to halftime. Which manager will be the happier?

Tony: Roy will be disappointed. Shane Long is seeing a lot of the ball and is troubling Everton defense but no one around him on his wavelength. Everton have been poor. Little or no invention. Moyes will need to say something in the dressing room.

Jim: Coming up to the hour mark Tony. Any substitutions?

Tony: Everton have taken off Tim Cahill and Louis Saha who have been disappointing and brought on Vellios and McFadden but they are isolated upfront. To be fair West Brom should be ahead. Long has hit the post and brought out two smart saves from Howard.

Jim: Ok, dying moments at the Hawthorns Tony. Looks like both teams will have to settle for a point.

Tony: Yeah Jim. Moyes has brought on Bilyaletdinov for Drenthe but nothing has worked for them today. West Brom should really have won this by a couple of goals but other then the impressive Shane Long, they haven't been aggressive enough. Poor game.

(after the break)
Jim. Late late drama at the Hawthorns!! Tony!!

Tony: Penalty to Everton Jim. Its the last kick of the game and Everton have a soft penalty. The big lad Vellios looks like he was held back by Olsen as a corner came in but there is not much in it and its a soft one. Hodgson is arguing with the 4th official and the West Brom players can't believe it. Up steps Bainessssss anddd................Scores!!!!!!!! Oh, they have nicked this one Jim. And there goes the whistle and the West Broms fans start to boo at the official. Poor poor game.

Jim: Thanks for that Tony. Now back to the cricket at the MCG.

Not far off! Very Happy

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 01 Jan 2012, 2:40 pm

Super Vic Very Happy .... COYB !!! cheers

Number of posts : 40996

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 01 Jan 2012, 3:15 pm

hairy cataract wrote:This ranks up there among the worst games I've seen. Hibbo reminds me of John Bailey, just lofting pointless, aimless crosses into the box. Dreadful.

Disagree. He is having a great season. His crosses are never going to be in Baines' league but he has improved enormously going forward. I would say 8 or 9 out of 10 crosses get into the box which is a huge improvement on previous seasons. It's not Hibbo's fault that we don't get enough players into the box to attack them.

I thought Hibbo's crossing todat was poor albeit he has been playing decent recently.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazbow Sun 01 Jan 2012, 3:27 pm

Deserved the win today!

Job well done.

Straq looked ok when he came on too. cheers
Gazbow
Gazbow

Number of posts : 18433

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 01 Jan 2012, 3:30 pm

I think Streak gives us something we haven't had since Dunc. Someone who knows how to lay a ball off with a header. He's not that bad with his feet either if that skinning of the full back is anything to go by. I said it a few weeks ago but I'd rather see us start Straq /Vellios and Gueye then bring Saha and Cahill on against a tired side.

Good 3 points anyway.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 01 Jan 2012, 3:51 pm

Straq and Vic looked like they've both had very good christmasses. Fair play, to both thought. They did well.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 01 Jan 2012, 3:53 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:

I thought Hibbo's crossing todat was poor albeit he has been playing decent recently.

Yes, I'm with you on that. He's knocking them in at an angle from about forty yards out, which is how teams used to play in the 70s, or still do in the lower leagues. Most of his crosses just floated over everyone and out. It's okay to route one for the last ten minutes, but he does it all game. When he did get closer to the by line, he got that fantastic ball from Osman, stuck in a pretty poor cross, but WBA fucked it up and we scored. Much more dangerous to be hitting placed crosses in on a straight trajectory from the by line, than wafting in hit it and hopes from miles out.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 01 Jan 2012, 4:06 pm

felli's 5 yr plan wrote:OptaJoe on Twitter: "53% - Everton have now scored 53% of their Premier League goals this season (10 of 19) in the closing 15 minutes of games. Perky."
That's when DM brings on the subs, goes 4-4-2 and actually attacks.

This is ominous

"The Nigerian frontman hasn't featured since August but Moyes was delighted to see him back in action and hopes for more from Anichebe in the remainder of the campaign.

He said: "I think he needs a bit of love and for the supporters to get behind him.

"He's a really good player - he's powerful, he's quick and strong and I think we've missed him.

"He can give me a different way of playing along the front-line and if he allows us to work with him and get him on the pitch he can be a really good player."
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 01 Jan 2012, 4:56 pm

West Brom 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe) - Page 6 2psm4og
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 01 Jan 2012, 4:59 pm

A Goat for Christmas wrote:West Brom 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe) - Page 6 2psm4og

lol!
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 01 Jan 2012, 5:03 pm

A Goat for Christmas wrote:West Brom 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe) - Page 6 2psm4og
lol! lol! lol!

I got up at 8AM after going to bed a bit after 3AM so I missed the game. Great to see us getting the win. Thanks for the updates in this thread. West Brom 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe) - Page 6 Food-smi
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next