606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

34: Shane Duffy - Filling in for Sylvain

+29
Cahill the Great
Mr_Ben
Yankthattoffee
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
SEFTON
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Super
Lumper
Goodison_Gringo
Da Judge
Dixie Land
tadpole
Sack the Juggler
ToffeeDan
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
RhinoJagz
Valentino Blue
WellOilBeefHooked
Bryan
BB
Brummie No Mates
notepad
Blue gazza
Albert
VenezuelaBlue
Bluey
He's Our Tater Not Yours
SouthernSmugToffee
33 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

34: Shane Duffy - Filling in for Sylvain - Page 5 Empty Re: 34: Shane Duffy - Filling in for Sylvain

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 27 Sep 2013, 11:04 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:Gone to Yeovil on loan.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24291069
He'll never make it.
He's better than Heitinga

Number of posts : 40996
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

34: Shane Duffy - Filling in for Sylvain - Page 5 Empty Re: 34: Shane Duffy - Filling in for Sylvain

Post  Da Judge Fri 27 Sep 2013, 11:42 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:Gone to Yeovil on loan.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24291069
He'll never make it.
He's better than Heitinga
RM is being smart and giving him game time in a tough league...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 18 Jan 2014, 9:58 am

http://www.thescore.ie/shane-duffy-yeovil-town-interview-1268962-Jan2014/

THE STARRING ROLES of Seamus Coleman and James McCarthy in Everton’s promising start to life under Roberto Martinez have been a real success story from an Irish point of view this season.
While Coleman is being lauded as the best full-back in the Premier League, McCarthy has slotted in seamlessly since arriving from Wigan with considerable expectation for a fee of €15m in the summer.
Add to that the injured Darron Gibson and January signing Aiden McGeady and it is no wonder that Irish assistant manager Roy Keane has visited Goodison Park in recent weeks.
The fifth Irish player (and also the longest-serving) on Everton’s books is currently plying his trade away from Goodison Park. Having originally joined Yeovil Town on a three-month loan deal, Derry-born defender Shane Duffy recently agreed to remain at the Championship newcomers until the end of the season having hugely impressed manager Gary Johnson.
The centre-half initially broke into Everton’s first team in 2012 but found opportunities limited under David Moyes — appearing eight times in 18 months.
Now 22, the talented defender finds himself in a relegation dogfight with the Glovers, who sit second from bottom in England’s second tier.
“I’m really enjoying it here,” he told TheScore.ie this week ahead of a trip to Birmingham for this afternoon’s game. “I’m getting experience and game time so it has been good so far.

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Sat 18 Jan 2014, 1:12 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:http://www.thescore.ie/shane-duffy-yeovil-town-interview-1268962-Jan2014/

THE STARRING ROLES of Seamus Coleman and James McCarthy in Everton’s promising start to life under Roberto Martinez have been a real success story from an Irish point of view this season.
While Coleman is being lauded as the best full-back in the Premier League, McCarthy has slotted in seamlessly since arriving from Wigan with considerable expectation for a fee of €15m in the summer.
Add to that the injured Darron Gibson and January signing Aiden McGeady and it is no wonder that Irish assistant manager Roy Keane has visited Goodison Park in recent weeks.
The fifth Irish player (and also the longest-serving) on Everton’s books is currently plying his trade away from Goodison Park. Having originally joined Yeovil Town on a three-month loan deal, Derry-born defender Shane Duffy recently agreed to remain at the Championship newcomers until the end of the season having hugely impressed manager Gary Johnson.
The centre-half initially broke into Everton’s first team in 2012 but found opportunities limited under David Moyes — appearing eight times in 18 months.
Now 22, the talented defender finds himself in a relegation dogfight with the Glovers, who sit second from bottom in England’s second tier.
“I’m really enjoying it here,” he told TheScore.ie this week ahead of a trip to Birmingham for this afternoon’s game. “I’m getting experience and game time so it has been good so far.

If he gets relegated this season then surely Roberto will want him back.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Sun 23 Mar 2014, 9:18 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:http://www.thescore.ie/shane-duffy-yeovil-town-interview-1268962-Jan2014/

Time to recall him from loan. I would like him in the team ahead of Stones and Alcarez. He didn't disappoint when called upon a couple of years ago, even picking up a couple of MOM awards. Surely a safer pair of hands than Stones who is more of a right back and Alcarez who is just garbage.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 23 Mar 2014, 2:47 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

Time to recall him from loan.   I would like him in the team ahead of Stones and Alcarez.   He didn't disappoint when called upon a couple of years ago, even picking up a couple of MOM awards.  Surely a safer pair of hands than Stones who is more of a right back and Alcarez who is just garbage.
I thought that Alcaraz did well when he played those 2, I think, games for us. Composed, calm under pressure, positioning was good. Now, the fact that he can only play a game every two months due to muscle fatigue is ridiculous.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 24 Mar 2014, 6:56 am

Never convinced of Duffy. Championship is his level. Good luck to him though.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 24 Mar 2014, 11:42 am

Mr_Ben wrote:Never convinced of Duffy. Championship is his level. Good luck to him though.
+1
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:00 pm

I think he could be a great player, I hope we keep him.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:18 pm

Been getting rave reviews at Yeovil. I think he deserves a proper chance.

Also disagree that Stones is more of a right back. Of course he is far from the finished article but he looks much more comfortable in the centre to me.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:48 pm

Seems harsh saying Duffy is championship material .. I thought he was very good when we were stretched under Moyes... Stones has a cracking future.. he is a strong deep play maker & can make a good tackle.. reads the game well.. unfortunately he makes at least 1 mistake per game that gives the opposition a clear chance .. when he stops doing that we'll be very pleased we have him.... and don't forget Dizzy is almost 86 year old & Alcopops has j cloths for muscle tissue

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 21 May 2014, 12:37 pm

I like Duffy ... good attitude !!...

Shane Duffy believes he has returned to Everton a better player having experienced virtually a full season of competitive first-team football.

The central defender spent the vast majority of the 2013/14 season out on loan at Championship outfit Yeovil Town.

He made 39 appearances for the Glovers – almost double the amount of games he had played previously in his career at first-team level.

Despite Yeovil’s best efforts, they were relegated back to League One after finishing bottom of English football’s second tier.

That disappointment aside, Duffy is grateful for the chance to play that many games at such a competitive and high-quality level.

“At the start it took time to get going because I hadn’t played football for a while,” Duffy explained to evertontv. “But then you realise the games come so thick and fast quickly after each other. I definitely enjoyed playing football for a full season for the first time.

“It was a good challenge for me and I enjoyed having to defend so much. It was just disappointing that we ended up going down, but I really enjoyed it and hopefully it will stand me in good stead for the future.

“I was gutted for the lads because they put so much effort in. With me going back [to Everton] it was a different feeling compared to them.

“Every point was a good point. It was an experience I have never been in before. It was so intense – you were looking out for results every week after your match.”

Duffy, who has been named in the Republic of Ireland squad for the friendlies against Turkey, Italy, Costa Rica and Portugal, will report back to Finch Farm in pre-season aiming to force his way into Roberto Martinez’s plans.

But if first-team opportunities at Everton are hard to come by, the Republic of Ireland man would welcome the chance to go back out on loan again.

“I will have to sit down with the manager and see what he wants for me and what I need to do to push on here or push on somewhere else. Hopefully it is here,” said Duffy.

“I will take my rest this summer, keep working hard and see what next season brings.”

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/05/20/duffy-glad-for-loan-experience

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 21 May 2014, 3:04 pm

Just can't see him making it at the level we are at.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Wed 21 May 2014, 6:03 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Just can't see him making it at the level we are at.

I think him and Stones would make a good combination.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 21 May 2014, 6:16 pm

Lumper wrote:

I'm in the Mr Ben corner on this one.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Thu 22 May 2014, 12:06 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Lumper wrote:

Well I hope for Evertons sake that you're both wrong.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 22 May 2014, 12:10 am

Lumper wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Lumper wrote:

Well I hope for Evertons sake that you're  both wrong.
So you like the idea of a Duffy/Stones centre back pairing?

affraid 
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 29 May 2014, 10:08 am

Shane Duffy is targeting a first-team breakthrough this summer after talks with Roberto Martinez.

The 22-year-old centre-back was on loan at Yeovil Town last season, returning to Finch Farm briefly before departing with the Republic of Ireland squad for friendlies which could present him with a debut senior cap.

While back on Merseyside, however, Duffy had chance to speak to his Everton boss who has cast a watchful eye on his loaned-out youngsters this term.

Duffy said: “Roberto told me that pre-season was my chance to shine and he’s said to me that if I am where he thinks I am – from what he’s seen of me this season – then I’m going to be involved.

“And if I’m not, we’ll see at the end of pre-season what we’re going to do. It’s a big summer for me, it’s up to me."

The former Ireland Under-21 captain has been included in Martin O'Neill's party for the series of summer fixtures which began in Dublin and continues in London, Philadelphia and New Jersey.

Duffy has Blues colleagues Aiden McGeady and Seamus Coleman alongside him and it is the latter he particularly looks to for inspiration in his development.

“Seeing Seamus progress is brilliant for me because he’s such a hard worker and it’s a reward for how he lives,” he added.

“And he’s very good to me, he says, ‘If I can do it, you can do it’, so we’ll see what happens.”
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 07 Jun 2014, 9:47 am

Everton defender Shane Duffy further built on a sparkling season at Yeovil Town by making his international debut earlier this morning.

The 22-year-old made his international bow in Republic of Ireland's 1-1 draw with England's Group D opponents Costa Rica in the PPL Stadium, Philadelphia.

The Irishman became one of the Glovers' shining lights in their first-ever campaign in the Sky Bet Championship, forming a solid partnership with Byron Webster before the Glovers' immediate return to League One.

The Everton prospect, who is gearing up to a big season at Goodison Park next year, lined up alongside experienced centre back Richard Keogh for his debut after catching the eye of Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill.

Read more: http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Everton-defender-Shane-Duffy-builds-sparkling/story-21203900-detail/story.html#ixzz33wQNipSN
Read more at http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Everton-defender-Shane-Duffy-builds-sparkling/story-21203900-detail/story.html#qVhpDIUcQlBj7qpD.99

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 07 Jun 2014, 5:36 pm

I have pretty high hopes for Duffy I must say. I think he has looked pretty good when he featured for us two seasons ago. And still young.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 07 Jun 2014, 8:27 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Everton defender Shane Duffy further built on a sparkling season at Yeovil Town by making his international debut earlier this morning.

The 22-year-old made his international bow in Republic of Ireland's 1-1 draw with England's Group D opponents Costa Rica in the PPL Stadium, Philadelphia.

The Irishman became one of the Glovers' shining lights in their first-ever campaign in the Sky Bet Championship, forming a solid partnership with Byron Webster before the Glovers' immediate return to League One.

The Everton prospect, who is gearing up to a big season at Goodison Park next year, lined up alongside experienced centre back Richard Keogh for his debut after catching the eye of Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill.

Read more: http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Everton-defender-Shane-Duffy-builds-sparkling/story-21203900-detail/story.html#ixzz33wQNipSN
Read more at http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Everton-defender-Shane-Duffy-builds-sparkling/story-21203900-detail/story.html#qVhpDIUcQlBj7qpD.99

Obviously not that solid  Laughing
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 03 Jul 2014, 4:54 pm

Off to Hibs on loan apparently.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 03 Jul 2014, 5:58 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Off to Hibs on loan apparently.

Pure speculation, Martinez has told Duffy, he wants to give him playing time.
the rumours are from comments made by Alan Stubbs wanting Duffy on-loan.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Fri 29 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm

Been sold for 1,5 mil to Blackburn
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 30 Aug 2014, 12:10 am

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:Been sold for 1,5 mil to Blackburn
Good move for everyone.
£1.5 for him seems value.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next