606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arse v Everton

+6
Yankthattoffee
hairy cataract
fourdoors
Made 4 Gwladys
Tonteau
Rotterdam 1985
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Arse v Everton - Page 3 Empty Re: Arse v Everton

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 02 Mar 2023, 11:07 am

on the plus side from yesterday...

- the result was predictably awful, but 3 points from 2x Arse games is better than expected

- we actually had 8 shots, 5 on target... we need some luck & that has to swing our way soons... surely... please god !

- Saints got beat at home to League 2 Grimsby... that has to dent confidence in their camp

- The shite beat Wolves so they are very definitely in range

It's not good (obviously) but there is still hope .... for now anyway

Number of posts : 40814
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Thu 02 Mar 2023, 11:33 am

I'm not debating the fact that we are terrible and don't have much hope of getting better.
On the other hand, we were playing away against the team which is top of the table, and which had a point to prove after we beat them recently and caused them a mild wobble.

Southampton are bottom. Last night, they lost at home to Grimsby, who are 16th in the 4th Division. What do you think the mood is like among Saints' fans? And they spunked a load of money in the transfer window, too. They've tried sacking their manager and they didn't get much of a bounce.

Bournemouth are below us. Yes, we've played a game more, but when you're down at the bottom, a game in hand doesn't usually transmutate into 3 points. After losing 4:1 at home to Citteh, their next two games are away to Arsenal and at home to the Shite.
Bournemouth are dependent on Solanke for goals, who has recently returned from injury (putting him ahead of DCL), and has a grand total of 3 goals from 18 PL games this season (also putting him ahead of DCL, but makes him about as prolific as Anthony Gordon was for us.)

Then there's Leeds. Hard to judge, as they have a new manager. At the weekend, they beat bottom club Southampton 1:0 at home, and Gracia was hailed as their saviour. Apparently they played well last night against Fulham, at least until they conceded. They created some good chances, but failed to score. Sounds a bit like us.

Wet Spam, Wolves, Leicester and Forest are all looking over their shoulders, but I think they'll probably stay up. There's often one team which goes into a death spiral in the last quarter of the season, but not always.
Leicester are in some difficulty and lost at home in the cup to Blackburn the other day, but they're away to Southampton next, and then at home to Chelsea, so they have a good chance of picking up 6 points. If they don't win at least one of those, then they're in trouble.

tL;dR
We're definitely bad enough to go down; but there are other clubs who are also rubbish.
Rotts might be able to visit Germany again without me needing to hide.

fourdoors

Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Thu 02 Mar 2023, 12:26 pm

Our total lack of any front line makes it very difficult to get wins. Nearly impossible for us to net 2 in a single game so 1-0 is our only chance. I doubt we will get many clean sheets with all the pressure we soak up, so I just dont see us winning enough games to stay up.
I agree Soton and B'mouth will probably go down too but I see us actually finishing clear bottom.
Of the rest, Wet Spam, Leics will be fine and Leeds and Wolves should have enough. Forest are a tough one, they look shit but do scrape results. Sunday is vital. If somehow we can avoid defeat then they remain in the mix. If they beat us then we can probably cross them off the list.
If we cant find goals we are doomed and I just cannot see where we will get them from.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5532
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 02 Mar 2023, 12:38 pm

callmebubbles wrote:Our total lack of any front line makes it very difficult to get wins. Nearly impossible for us to net 2 in a single game so 1-0 is our only chance. I doubt we will get many clean sheets with all the pressure we soak up, so I just dont see us winning enough games to stay up.
I agree Soton and B'mouth will probably go down too but I see us actually finishing clear bottom.
Of the rest, Wet Spam, Leics will be fine and Leeds and Wolves should have enough. Forest are a tough one, they look shit but do scrape results. Sunday is vital. If somehow we can avoid defeat then they remain in the mix. If they beat us then we can probably cross them off the list.
If we cant find goals we are doomed and I just cannot see where we will get them from.

Whilst I agree with everything Fourdoors says, this is the crux for me. We've scored 2 in 5 games since Dyche took over and they've both come frome defenders. If we go down, which I think we may. It'll be because we didn't sign a striker. Not just in January, but in the summer and the summer before that. Every other club has goals in them, even if they look a bit more ropey in defence, which basically means we have to be so good at the back to ensure a chance. We can do it for sure, but without a fit Dom, we look cooked.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 02 Mar 2023, 12:39 pm

When I look at the other teams and their fixtures, I think "yeah, Wolves look like they've got a few problems", or "Forest, Leeds and Wolves all have to play each other, so..." etc

But then I look at our fixtures. The worry is that when I pick out the games that I think might give us the best chance of some points, they're almost all towards the end of the season. By then we'll be adrift, the players will be utterly mind-fucked, the fans will be howling, the media vultures will be circling, and those winnable games will become loseable again.

We need to get something at Forest, then beat Brentford. I don't think we'll do that. We then face Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd and a high-flying Fulham team. Sure, Spurs and Chelsea have been very hit and miss this season, but they both have easily enough to beat us and will be rubbing their hands at the sight of that fixture. Fulham will also be confident they can beat us, and will play without fear. Man Utd are looking incredibly impressive now and will steamroller us, even if we do manage to sneak a goal past their dodgy keeper.

It's not all over, but realistically I'm struggling to see how we stay up.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 02 Mar 2023, 1:17 pm

Is there a Dallas Bobby Ewing "it was just a dream" ending to all this?

Hope so. Hope I'll wake up soon to find that Moyes never left and has just broken the record for the highest number of 7th place finishes in history.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14698
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3