606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Die Scheiße v Everton

+9
Yankthattoffee
Da Judge
fourdoors
Rotterdam 1985
SEFTON
Knight of Thorgothshire
Lumper
Armchair
callmebubbles
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Die Scheiße v Everton - Page 3 Empty Re: Die Scheiße v Everton

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 14 Feb - 18:06

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Very few times have I simply not watched any part of a live match. Oh well.
How did young Simms do? Tough debut.

He didn't do much, tbf. But it's hard to judge him. Won the odd ball but didn't find anyone with it. Get the feeling he's not a 'back to goal' striker/target man inspite of his height.

The term 'feeding off scraps' wouldn't even be fair.
The PL is about pace, and Gray is the only one with genuine speed, but does Dyche have any time for him?
I would have thought 442 would include Gray and whoever else is fit/

Reading what Dyche has said, I don't think DCL will be fit any time soon.   He's choosing his words carefully but he's talking about long term fitness rather than just fit for one match.  We're absolutely fucked.  Simms is nowhere near Premier League standard.

Without DCL, Gordon and Richarlison, this season's forward line is massively weaker than last season's.  We'd have lost to Crystal Palace in "that" game with our current squad, I'm 100% certain of it.

I'm trying to stay positive but how the hell do we stay up?
we shouldn't rule Simms out totally on one away game against the shite of all teams, up front on his own ... much as I think Maupey is weak we should start Simms & Maupay together up front in a 4-4-2 ...  a lone striker is ridiculous ... I mean what is there to lose? .. if we carry on same oild same old one lone striker we are bolloxed
#
..and if Dyche really thinks Maupay is not up to it... then recall Cannon & play him with Simms ... apparently we can still make a recall on Cannon

DCL has been, is & will be broken ... we missed the opportunity to get high Saudi blood money for him & now we are stuck with him ... he will not be an answer to save us... forget him ... he's injury prone & has missed his boat ... he'll end up in League 1 in a couple of seasons time

Number of posts : 40856
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 14 Feb - 20:31

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Very few times have I simply not watched any part of a live match. Oh well.

He didn't do much, tbf. But it's hard to judge him. Won the odd ball but didn't find anyone with it. Get the feeling he's not a 'back to goal' striker/target man inspite of his height.

The PL is about pace, and Gray is the only one with genuine speed, but does Dyche have any time for him?

Reading what Dyche has said, I don't think DCL will be fit any time soon.   He's choosing his words carefully but he's talking about long term fitness rather than just fit for one match.  We're absolutely fucked.  Simms is nowhere near Premier League standard.

Without DCL, Gordon and Richarlison, this season's forward line is massively weaker than last season's.  We'd have lost to Crystal Palace in "that" game with our current squad, I'm 100% certain of it.

we shouldn't rule Simms out totally on one away game against the shite of all teams, up front on his own ... much as I think Maupey is weak we should start Simms & Maupay together up front in a 4-4-2 ...  a lone striker is ridiculous ... I mean what is there to lose? .. if we carry on same oild same old one lone striker we are bolloxed
#
..and if Dyche really thinks Maupay is not up to it... then recall Cannon & play him with Simms ... apparently we can still make a recall on Cannon

DCL has been, is & will be broken ... we missed the opportunity to get high Saudi blood money for him & now we are stuck with him ... he will not be an answer to save us... forget him ... he's injury prone & has missed his boat ... he'll end up in League 1 in a couple of seasons time

I'm ruling him out based on his time at Sunderland as well. Sure he scored a few goals, but he hardly ever played the full 90 minutes because he lacked application and energy. The Sunderland fans liked him, but he was very much a second choice striker and to quote a few Mackems on their forum:

"He's a long way off Premier standard"
"I like Simms but he's not ready for Premier League football"
"Nowhere near ready for the Prem"
"Goal record for us has been decent but all round play is very hit and miss"
"He's nowhere near the level needed to be a success in the PL, even for a relegation threatened team"
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25858

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 14 Feb - 21:22

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

#

I'm ruling him out based on his time at Sunderland as well.  Sure he scored a few goals, but he hardly ever played the full 90 minutes because he lacked application and energy.  The Sunderland fans liked him, but he was very much a second choice striker and to quote a few Mackems on their forum:

"He's a long way off Premier standard"
"I like Simms but he's not ready for Premier League football"
"Nowhere near ready for the Prem"
"Goal record for us has been decent but all round play is very hit and miss"
"He's nowhere near the level needed to be a success in the PL, even for a relegation threatened team"
ok fair enough ./.. we're fucked then

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 14 Feb - 21:57

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

We play Maupay and Gray as our forwards. Sit deep, win the second ball and counterattack. Or we go down… I’m easy.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 14 Feb - 23:03

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

We play Maupay and Gray as our forwards. Sit deep, win the second ball and counterattack. Or we go down… I’m easy.

I think that's it - nine men in our own area, and twice per game Onana breaks with the ball, Maupay distracts the opposition with massive amounts of shithousery, and Gray runs half the length of the pitch to score. If we win every game 2-0, we're in Europe next season.

Or, as you say, we go down.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25858

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 15 Feb - 16:15

hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

I think that's it - nine men in our own area, and twice per game Onana breaks with the ball, Maupay distracts the opposition with massive amounts of shithousery, and Gray runs half the length of the pitch to score.  If we win every game 2-0, we're in Europe next season.

Or, as you say, we go down.

If I were Dyche I'd be practicing three things in training and three things only;

- Defending.
- Winning corners.
- Attcaking corners (not the type where you hit the post then get done on the counter, but the type where one of your centre backs buries a header into the corner of the net.)

Master all of that and we may just scrape through.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3