606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bournemouth v Everton (Pepsi piss-pot)

+5
hairy cataract
Blue gazza
Armchair
Rotterdam 1985
Made 4 Gwladys
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bournemouth v Everton (Pepsi piss-pot) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth v Everton (Pepsi piss-pot)

Post  Blue gazza Tue 08 Nov 2022, 9:24 pm

4-1
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Bournemouth v Everton (Pepsi piss-pot) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bournemouth v Everton (Pepsi piss-pot)

Post  Armchair Tue 08 Nov 2022, 9:25 pm

Awful.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 08 Nov 2022, 9:25 pm

So many individual errors.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 08 Nov 2022, 9:26 pm

Bournemouth reserves giving us a pasting
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 08 Nov 2022, 9:30 pm

It's not as though Bournemouth have had to play well. They've just picked us off when we've slipped/fallen over/overplayed it/telegraphed a pass etc.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 08 Nov 2022, 9:30 pm

Another embarrassing defeat. They really don’t deserve the support they get.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 08 Nov 2022, 9:36 pm

disgraceful

lamps aint the man for us imo
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 08 Nov 2022, 9:38 pm

big sam re packing his suitcase haha Bournemouth v Everton (Pepsi piss-pot) - Page 2 803911
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 08 Nov 2022, 9:39 pm

Armchair wrote:It's not as though Bournemouth have had to play well. They've just picked us off when we've slipped/fallen over/overplayed it/telegraphed a pass etc.

That's the tactic of all of our opponents.
Sit back and wait for us to present it to you.

If you were Moyes would you be interested in Keane now?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 08 Nov 2022, 9:41 pm

I can kind of understand the team selection but it was obviously a big statement that we don't give a fuck about the League Cup. We aren't good enough to put a second team out.

The World Cup is probably coming at a good time for Frank.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 08 Nov 2022, 9:44 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Armchair wrote:It's not as though Bournemouth have had to play well. They've just picked us off when we've slipped/fallen over/overplayed it/telegraphed a pass etc.

That's the tactic of all of our opponents.
Sit back and wait for us to present it to you.

If you were Moyes would you be interested in Keane now?

I'm interested in Moyes lol!
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 08 Nov 2022, 9:46 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:I can kind of understand the team selection but it was obviously a big statement that we don't give a fuck about the League Cup. We aren't good enough to put a second team out.

The World Cup is probably coming at a good time for Frank.

Bournemouth put out their reserves too. It's not just that we don't give a fuck about the League Cup, it's that we seem to be utterly and totally dreadful - coaching staff and players.

Ok, you expect Holgate, Keane, Davies and Doucoure to be shite, but we were still shite when we added some of our current first teamers. And Gordon was fucking awful. I'm not sure one single player came out of that with any credit, even Patterson gave a goal away and he'd been okay up til then.

Thank fuck we have Coady and Tarkowski now. If either of them get injured, we're relegated for sure.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 08 Nov 2022, 10:11 pm

All of a sudden, this Saturday's game has taken on huge significance.

I'm thinking of making a documentary on the History of Everton From 1987 - 2022. I'm hoping that Neil from the Young Ones will agree to narrate it, and I'm waiting for Radiohead, Joy Division and the ghost of Leonard Cohen to confirm that I can use their music.

Also I've been thinking outside the box a bit - why do we only have one manager? I know that dual managers have been tried in the past and haven't been that successful - Curbishley and Gritt, Houllier and Evans, Skinner and Baddiel in their brief, unlamented spell at Bristol Rovers in the late 90's - but nobody has yet tried multiple managers.

I don't want to be ridiculous about this in terms of numbers, so I'd cap it at 52 so that they only have to pay for one extra coach to away games. They can have a rota to decide who gets to sit in the dugout. And they can call referees all the cunts they want during games because if they get a touchline ban, no problem! We have 51 others who could sit in for the next game. Post-match interviews might take over three hours but that's a a minor detail.

The job is clearly beyond the abilities of one man, so I think this kind of brains trust is worth a try. Honestly, if we don't do it first, Ajax will. It took more than one manager to put a man on the moon and it will take more than one manager to restore Everton to greatness mediocrity, a task of similarly gargantuan proportions.

Or we could, you know, just try someone good? But nah, I'm just being silly now.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14697
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 08 Nov 2022, 10:29 pm

Tony Pulis

Former Stoke manager on BBC Radio 5 Live

Where do you want me to start? It was really that poor from Everton. They played so slowly and almost helped Bournemouth get through the first half.

They just didn't look a threat at all. The pressure builds, no matter whether the fans like or don't like Frank Lampard, if the results don't improve eventually the finger will be pointed his way.
totally agree tbh
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 08 Nov 2022, 10:32 pm

tuchel anyone ??

he may feel he has a point to prove ??
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 08 Nov 2022, 11:05 pm

We clearly don't have strength in depth, and dropping just a few of our better players seemed to lead (unsurprisingly) to a performance reminiscent of last season's worst displays. I thought even Iwobi went back to the player he was a year ago, running around without much purpose.

If Frank didn't already know it, he now understands that a back three of Mina, Keane and Holgate is a fucking disaster. Mind you, how the fuck he didn't know that already is beyond me, and almost a sackable offence in its own right.

Maupay is awful, but it doesn't help if we bang in looping crosses to a striker who is barely five feet tall.

I'd like to have seen more of Garner, but I guess Lampard is saving him for Saturday as we'll probably be without Gana and Onana and Frank's worst nightmare would be having to play Davies and Doucoure again in the middle. Sorry, that should read ever again.

Anyway, the only way we avoid relegation this season is pray that Coady and Tarks don't miss a single game through injury, and we buy a couple of decent strikers in January.

Who's fucking idea was it to spend money in on McNeil and Maupay by the way? That's also a sackable offence.

Finally, Anthony Gordon. Clearly the only reason he looked so good last season was because everyone else around him was so crap, and at least he gave 100% for every minute of every game. Sadly, this season he ain't giving half of that effort, and we can see that he is in fact just a bang average player who's been told he's top class. Not his fault, but he fucking isn't top class at all. Possibly not even Premier League level. I doubt he'd get into the Bournemouth reserve team that played tonight.

Fucking fuck.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 09 Nov 2022, 1:27 am

hairy cataract wrote:We clearly don't have strength in depth, and dropping just a few of our better players seemed to lead (unsurprisingly) to a performance reminiscent of last season's worst displays.  I thought even Iwobi went back to the player he was a year ago, running around without much purpose.

If Frank didn't already know it, he now understands that a back three of Mina, Keane and Holgate is a fucking disaster.  Mind you, how the fuck he didn't know that already is beyond me, and almost a sackable offence in its own right.  

Maupay is awful, but it doesn't help if we bang in looping crosses to a striker who is barely five feet tall.  

I'd like to have seen more of Garner, but I guess Lampard is saving him for Saturday as we'll probably be without Gana and Onana and Frank's worst nightmare would be having to play Davies and Doucoure again in the middle.  Sorry, that should read ever again.

Anyway, the only way we avoid relegation this season is pray that Coady and Tarks don't miss a single game through injury, and we buy a couple of decent strikers in January.

Who's fucking idea was it to spend money in on McNeil and Maupay by the way?  That's also a sackable offence.  

Finally, Anthony Gordon.  Clearly the only reason he looked so good last season was because everyone else around him was so crap, and at least he gave 100% for every minute of every game. Sadly, this season he ain't giving half of that effort, and we can see that he is in fact just a bang average player who's been told he's top class.  Not his fault, but he fucking isn't top class at all.  Possibly not even Premier League level.  I doubt he'd get into the Bournemouth reserve team that played tonight.

Fucking fuck.

I reserved judgement as I wasn't convinced he was the real deal. Hoping I'm still proved wrong but at the moment he seems more interested in acting like a spoilt prick every time something doesn't go his way. It's surely only a matter of time until he gets a red card.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 09 Nov 2022, 9:01 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:We clearly don't have strength in depth, and dropping just a few of our better players seemed to lead (unsurprisingly) to a performance reminiscent of last season's worst displays.  I thought even Iwobi went back to the player he was a year ago, running around without much purpose.

If Frank didn't already know it, he now understands that a back three of Mina, Keane and Holgate is a fucking disaster.  Mind you, how the fuck he didn't know that already is beyond me, and almost a sackable offence in its own right.  

I'd like to have seen more of Garner, but I guess Lampard is saving him for Saturday as we'll probably be without Gana and Onana and Frank's worst nightmare would be having to play Davies and Doucoure again in the middle.  Sorry, that should read ever again.

Who's fucking idea was it to spend money in on McNeil and Maupay by the way?  That's also a sackable offence.  

Finally, Anthony Gordon.  Clearly the only reason he looked so good last season was because everyone else around him was so crap, and at least he gave 100% for every minute of every game. Sadly, this season he ain't giving half of that effort, and we can see that he is in fact just a bang average player who's been told he's top class.  Not his fault, but he fucking isn't top class at all.  Possibly not even Premier League level.  I doubt he'd get into the Bournemouth reserve team that played tonight.

Fucking fuck.

I reserved judgement as I wasn't convinced he was the real deal. Hoping I'm still proved wrong but at the moment he seems more interested in acting like a spoilt prick every time something doesn't go his way. It's surely only a matter of time until he gets a red card.

Absolutely. He should have seen red last night. I actually feel for the guy, I think his head is totally done in after last season. He probably needs a break and some therapy. He might be a decent player, but right now he looks so wound up and confused that he’s incapable of producing anything.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 09 Nov 2022, 10:34 am

Think we need to calm down a bit on this, I know it was absolute shite, but... We played the spine of last season's horror show and, guess what, we got a horror show. HOWEVER, we could/should still comfortably have scored 3 goals in the first half. We get a defelection with the first, a slip/howler for the second and then do the 'Everton 21-22 hell season' thing of just totally losing any discpline/focus. What it highlights is that one of the issues last seaon was a total lack of character on the pitch. I don't want to sound all sunday league, but there is not a leader in that team we put out last night, particularly at the back (Patterson is a player, no doubt). Contrast Mina/Holgate/Keane with Coady and Tarkowski, it's night and day. We can't just sack Lampard off now, even Chris Ofili couldn't polish some of the turd's in our squad (art joke, there), we're halfway towards a decent team. We need some better forwards and creative midfielders and we'll be fine. Could really do wiht a win on saturday though.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 09 Nov 2022, 11:11 am

Tonteau wrote:Think we need to calm down a bit on this, I know it was absolute shite, but... We played the spine of last season's horror show and, guess what, we got a horror show. HOWEVER, we could/should still comfortably have scored 3 goals in the first half. We get a defelection with the first, a slip/howler for the second and then do the 'Everton 21-22 hell season' thing of just totally losing any discpline/focus. What it highlights is that one of the issues last seaon was a total lack of character on the pitch. I don't want to sound all sunday league, but there is not a leader in that team we put out last night, particularly at the back (Patterson is a player, no doubt). Contrast Mina/Holgate/Keane with Coady and Tarkowski, it's night and day. We can't just sack Lampard off now, even Chris Ofili couldn't polish some of the turd's in our squad (art joke, there), we're halfway towards a decent team. We need some better forwards and creative midfielders and we'll be fine. Could really do wiht a win on saturday though.
I very largely agree with this Tonts.. my initial gut reaction last night was to vent & slate the team.

...but I reflected a bit, which is rare for me and thought... ok that team is largely players who:
1.  the club are trying to get rid of, probably against their will... do they give a shit?.. probably not
2. Fringe players who were brought in on the free or cheap... they know they aren't ever going to be first on the team sheet.. do they give a shit?.. maybe a bit of one but they aren't very good are they
3. Players who aren't good enough & they know they aren't... do they give a shit?.. yes probably, but they aren't very good are they
4. Players who are a bit shit, but they have been told they are good... do they give a shit?.. yes but as point 2&3... they aren't really any good are they
5. were selected to play in a competition that nobody on earth gives a flying fuck about

So.... let's see what we do on the weekend against the same team at the same ground... if we get mullered 1-4 again I'll be first to vent !!

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 09 Nov 2022, 2:57 pm

Yeah I'm with Tonts on this. I think we are where, at the start of the season, I realistically thought was the best we could expect come the world cup break - just about surviving, but still in trouble. I think we have made progress since last season but it's been pretty slow, patchy and inconsistent improvement. Nevertheless the trend line is pointing slowly upwards, IMO.

We're all feeling a bit desperate and we're all just sick of the club being in this position. So there is a danger that we'll overvalue good wins and performances (Palace) and likewise go overboard on piss-poor defeats (last night.) Where we actually are, of course, is somewhere between the two - far from great, but not dead in the water either. We're better than last season but not by much, and we will need some attacking reinforcements in January. We were never going to fix everything in one window.

Saturday is a big game, of course, but more for psychological reasons than for points. We're not doomed if we lose on Saturday, we'll just be more miserable for six weeks.

As others have pointed out, the biggest takeaway from last night was the reminder of how fortunate we now are to have Coady and Tarkowski.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14697
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Blue gazza likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2