606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leeds v Everton

+3
callmebubbles
hairy cataract
Rotterdam 1985
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Leeds v Everton - Page 4 Empty Re: Leeds v Everton

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:44 pm

Patterson shot straight at the keeper. Great run, great ball from Gordon, SHOULD HAVE FUCKING SCORED.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14755
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:45 pm

Fooooooooooook, Patterson with a massive chance.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:45 pm

Have to score that.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:47 pm

Bamford is class. Can't be match fit but is already the best player on the pitch.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:51 pm

Brainfart from Iwobi. Leads to a corner.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:51 pm

Cleared. 3 minutes added on
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:52 pm

We look knackered
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:53 pm

Into stoppage time. It is crazy that we could have nicked this game.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:53 pm

Patterson named man of the match. Fucking lol.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:54 pm

FT 1-1
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:54 pm

All over, 1-1.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:55 pm

Another game we were leading but ending up with a draw. However, Leeds were the better team, so can't really complain too much.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:55 pm

Armchair wrote:We look knackered

Yeah well, no subs used.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:58 pm

Happy with a point. Anything that isn't a heavy drubbing is good when you've got no striker and are playing like we are.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 30 Aug 2022, 10:13 pm

Managed to miss all of that. Not sure why the missus didn't want to watch the match on her birthday and insisted on going out for a meal. Still, she seemed very pleased that I was able to update her with the score from my phone every five minutes.

Three points from five games, with the RS and Arse to come next. Which probably means three points from seven games. Not great considering we're yet to play a good team, and all the other shit teams seem to be winning the odd game. The last few games before the World Cup break look winnable though, so hopefully we'll have double figures on the board by then.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 10:47 pm

It was such a weird second half performance. Largely exhausting but with little pockets of possession here and there, the occasional slick move, to suggest that we can play football if we want to (or more realistically, if we add a couple more actual footballers to the team.) But the first 20 minutes of the second half was basically an impression of England in the Euro final - trying to defend a 1-0 from the edge of our own box.

Even the best performers were a bit of a mixed bag - Iwobi, Gordon, Onana, Tarkowski. Good overall performances from all of them but all had their blips too. Gray ran his arse off, McNeil too, although he was rank awful on the ball. On reflection I might be being a bit hard on Patterson who had a solid first half, but three or four heart-in-mouth moments later on, and he absolutely should have scored the winner. We can't afford to miss 1-on-1's when we're surviving on 29% possession.

Ian Wright nailed it on MoTD at the weekend - we're hanging on. That's exactly how it feels. Hanging on for what? A bit of luck here or there that might give us a bit of confidence to play. DCL coming back - he's the only creative player who's worth anything that we're missing, other than Townsend. Hanging on for some desperately-needed reinforcements.

Just as well Leeds also lack quality. Was happy to see the back of Rodrigo, they didn't really have anyone else who I thought would open us up. Harrison had a shocker. We were also lucky that Leeds can't do corners. They had loads, and I don't remember one that wasn't shite.

We're unbeaten in three, which is a longer unbeaten run than the Shite. We have the makings of a decent CB partnership in Coady and Tarko. Our midfielders and wide players work really hard, we have no passengers in that regard. It's just the lack of quality, and the lack of DCL to make it stick up front and give us that edge. Onana could still be anything - I like his positional sense, and he has vision, but doesn't look to have the ability on the ball to make use of that vision.

I'm not entirely without hope. But we are going to get seriously smashed at the weekend. Our only hope is to keep it at 0-0 for 30 minutes, turn the shithousery up to 11 and try to get Klopp to spontaneously combust. If random bloodied segments of Klopp render the pitch unplayable then we might get the game abandoned. That's genuinely our best plan.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 31 Aug 2022, 10:26 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:It was such a weird second half performance. Largely exhausting but with little pockets of possession here and there, the occasional slick move, to suggest that we can play football if we want to (or more realistically, if we add a couple more actual footballers to the team.) But the first 20 minutes of the second half was basically an impression of England in the Euro final - trying to defend a 1-0 from the edge of our own box.

Even the best performers were a bit of a mixed bag - Iwobi, Gordon, Onana, Tarkowski. Good overall performances from all of them but all had their blips too. Gray ran his arse off, McNeil too, although he was rank awful on the ball. On reflection I might be being a bit hard on Patterson who had a solid first half, but three or four heart-in-mouth moments later on, and he absolutely should have scored the winner. We can't afford to miss 1-on-1's when we're surviving on 29% possession.

Ian Wright nailed it on MoTD at the weekend - we're hanging on. That's exactly how it feels. Hanging on for what? A bit of luck here or there that might give us a bit of confidence to play. DCL coming back - he's the only creative player who's worth anything that we're missing, other than Townsend. Hanging on for some desperately-needed reinforcements.

Just as well Leeds also lack quality. Was happy to see the back of Rodrigo, they didn't really have anyone else who I thought would open us up. Harrison had a shocker. We were also lucky that Leeds can't do corners. They had loads, and I don't remember one that wasn't shite.

We're unbeaten in three, which is a longer unbeaten run than the Shite. We have the makings of a decent CB partnership in Coady and Tarko. Our midfielders and wide players work really hard, we have no passengers in that regard. It's just the lack of quality, and the lack of DCL to make it stick up front and give us that edge. Onana could still be anything - I like his positional sense, and he has vision, but doesn't look to have the ability on the ball to make use of that vision.

I'm not entirely without hope. But we are going to get seriously smashed at the weekend. Our only hope is to keep it at 0-0 for 30 minutes, turn the shithousery up to 11 and try to get Klopp to spontaneously combust. If random bloodied segments of Klopp render the pitch unplayable then we might get the game abandoned. That's genuinely our best plan.

I think Lampard has worked out that we work best as an Atleti-lite counterattacking team, shithousing and breaking up the momentum. Last season we 100% should have had a penalty vs the RS. and with a 1-0 lead we'd have made it hard. I would actually have a bit of hope for the weekend, however Myko and Patterson are my worries. Both are very young and will both hopefully improve but both have been culpable this season (patterson ball watching for the Forest goal, Myko Playing Janelt onside for brentford's equaliser) I think that's where we come undone in our quest to shithouse the shite out the game.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 31 Aug 2022, 10:35 am

Tonteau wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:It was such a weird second half performance. Largely exhausting but with little pockets of possession here and there, the occasional slick move, to suggest that we can play football if we want to (or more realistically, if we add a couple more actual footballers to the team.) But the first 20 minutes of the second half was basically an impression of England in the Euro final - trying to defend a 1-0 from the edge of our own box.

I think Lampard has worked out that we work best as an Atleti-lite counterattacking team, shithousing and breaking up the momentum. Last season we 100% should have had a penalty vs the RS. and with a 1-0 lead we'd have made it hard. I would actually have a bit of hope for the weekend, however Myko and Patterson are my worries. Both are very young and will both hopefully improve but both have been culpable this season (patterson ball watching for the Forest goal, Myko Playing Janelt onside for brentford's equaliser) I think that's where we come undone in our quest to shithouse the shite out the game.

Agreed. I think Frank should consider playing Coleman instead of Patterson for the RS game. And Baines on the left.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 11:07 am

Tonteau wrote:

Patterson was iffy last night, a real mixed bag, but he was named MoM by Karen Carney and he was getting a lot of praise on Twitter. So I researched a load of sites that gave player ratings and, again, he was given universal acclaim across most of them.

I just don't get that. I thought he handled Harrison pretty well in the first half but he had several dodgy moments in the second (the kind of things that, if they were Coleman, would have us all agreeing that Coleman is shite and/or finished.) He got away with some of those errors because Harrison, a good player, had one of those days when his crossing let him down. If a couple of those crosses had resulted in goals then we'd be talking about Patterson being culpable for them.

This is not a comment on whether or not he's good enough - he's young and will obviously improve with games, and could be an absolute terror going forward when we're able to attack and express ourselves more - it's more a comment on whether people were watching the same game as I was last night, and whether he's getting a free pass because he's a fresh-faced young kid. Allowing for his age and inexperience doesn't make him man of the match; such things should be based purely on his performance, not his potential.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Wed 31 Aug 2022, 11:31 am

Vinaigre and Coleman for the shite game
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5541
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 31 Aug 2022, 11:55 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Patterson was iffy last night, a real mixed bag, but he was named MoM by Karen Carney and he was getting a lot of praise on Twitter. So I researched a load of sites that gave player ratings and, again, he was given universal acclaim across most of them.

I just don't get that. I thought he handled Harrison pretty well in the first half but he had several dodgy moments in the second (the kind of things that, if they were Coleman, would have us all agreeing that Coleman is shite and/or finished.) He got away with some of those errors because Harrison, a good player, had one of those days when his crossing let him down. If a couple of those crosses had resulted in goals then we'd be talking about Patterson being culpable for them.

This is not a comment on whether or not he's good enough - he's young and will obviously improve with games, and could be an absolute terror going forward when we're able to attack and express ourselves more - it's more a comment on whether people were watching the same game as I was last night, and whether he's getting a free pass because he's a fresh-faced young kid. Allowing for his age and inexperience doesn't make him man of the match; such things should be based purely on his performance, not his potential.

It's the one thing all the "experts" regularly get wrong, the MOTM. The often seem to be swayed by one little piece of magic, or a great tackle. I think Patterson has been shaky all season. He definitely has loads of potential but his is very young.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 31 Aug 2022, 11:56 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

All night long they had a man out on the right in acres of space. It seemed a goal waiting to happen.

We were sort of solid defensively, but why can't anyone put their foot on the ball and hold on to it for more than two touches? Surely you can't blame the lack of a stricker for that?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4