606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue

+6
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
Goodison_Gringo
Yankthattoffee
Armchair
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue - Page 2 Empty Re: 30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 05 Sep 2022, 5:31 pm

Tonteau wrote:Thing I really liked in the derby, was that after having his goal chalked off he just had a bit of a word with himself and geed himself up to get back and focus on the job in hand. Proper professional, very good signing.

Hands up, I used to think he was pretty average, although I've only ever really spoken about him in relation to whether he's good enough for England or not. And I think I'm instinctively biased towards known Kopites anyway.

I thought he was very good against Leeds and magnificent against the Shite, our best outfield player IMO. Very pleased we have him and hoping that we can keep him beyond this season.

Also I think it's very impressive that he is coping in a flat back four without any apparent issues, having played in a three for so long. I thought Tarko looked a bit unsettled in a 3-CB setup so this was a good call at the right time from Lamps.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14755
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue - Page 2 Empty Re: 30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 05 Sep 2022, 5:36 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Thing I really liked in the derby, was that after having his goal chalked off he just had a bit of a word with himself and geed himself up to get back and focus on the job in hand. Proper professional, very good signing.

Hands up, I used to think he was pretty average, although I've only ever really spoken about him in relation to whether he's good enough for England or not. And I think I'm instinctively biased towards known Kopites anyway.

I thought he was very good against Leeds and magnificent against the Shite, our best outfield player IMO. Very pleased we have him and hoping that we can keep him beyond this season.

Also I think it's very impressive that he is coping in a flat back four without any apparent issues, having played in a three for so long. I thought Tarko looked a bit unsettled in a 3-CB setup so this was a good call at the right time from Lamps.

Actually it's worse for me - just read through this thread again and I can't deny it, I suggested he was no better than Keane. Very Happy

drunken  Not my finest moment on this board. But I'm happy to own my misses. I think it's safe to say he's a bit better than Keane.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 05 Sep 2022, 10:55 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Actually it's worse for me - just read through this thread again and I can't deny it, I suggested he was no better than Keane. Very Happy

drunken  Not my finest moment on this board. But I'm happy to own my misses. I think it's safe to say he's a bit better than Keane.
You're not the only one mate. I noted in another thread, possibly in a match thread, that I was surprised at how easily he was bullied off the ball and that worried me. But he has really settled in nicely. cheers

I'm actually somewhat looking forward to the Arse game now. Granted, we never seem to do well at their place. Rolling Eyes affraid
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 05 Oct 2022, 10:43 am

Everton plan to exercise an option to turn 29-year-old England defender Conor Coady's loan move from Wolverhampton Wanderers into a permanent switch for a fee believed to be less than £10m. (Times - subscription required)

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 05 Oct 2022, 11:15 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Everton plan to exercise an option to turn 29-year-old England defender Conor Coady's loan move from Wolverhampton Wanderers into a permanent switch for a fee believed to be less than £10m. (Times - subscription required)

Daylight robbery. Centre backs can go on and on for years.

I assume Thelwell has gangland connections. Some of his deals this year have felt like he's walked into a nightclub with a load of heavies and told the owner "I'm buying this place off you. Here's a fiver."
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 06 Oct 2022, 10:19 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Everton plan to exercise an option to turn 29-year-old England defender Conor Coady's loan move from Wolverhampton Wanderers into a permanent switch for a fee believed to be less than £10m. (Times - subscription required)

I assume Thelwell has gangland connections. Some of his deals this year have felt like he's walked into a nightclub with a load of heavies and told the owner "I'm buying this place off you. Here's a fiver."

Yup, feels weird being on the good end of 'what the fuck were they thinking letting him go for that little' for a change.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 09 Oct 2022, 11:01 am

Tonteau wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Yup, feels weird being on the good end of 'what the fuck were they thinking letting him go for that little' for a change.
Shocked Everton Football Club can secure Conor Coady's permanent transfer for just £4.5m according to The Telegraph Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 09 Oct 2022, 11:49 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Shocked Everton Football Club can secure Conor Coady's permanent transfer for just £4.5m according to The Telegraph Shocked

"£10m?....Nice stadium, this. Be a terrible shame if something happened to it. How about £4.5m?"
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 10 Nov 2022, 4:40 pm

In the England squad for the WC

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 14 Jan 2023, 9:23 am

Conor Coady on TalkSPORT:
"I don't think you ever accuse this Everton team of not trying because there's lads in that dressing room, who for one, wouldn't let it happen, for two, we have miles too much respect for our manager to be doing that,"
"We believe in what he's trying to do, [believe in] him as manager, his staff and how he trains us and we're listening every single day to put his ideas across on the pitch.
"It's not the gaffer who goes on the grass, it's us who goes on the grass, we have to take responsibility for where we are."
"No matter what to stay with us. Listen, we all know in that changing room they will push this club and push it, push it, push it because of the demands.
"What they do for this club is absolutely incredible. [The message] Is to stay with us because we will push ourselves as hard as we can to get out of this situation - because we are the ones who have got ourselves into it, we'll take responsibility to get ourselves out of it as well. Drive us, push us, do everything you need to get us out of it."

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 24 Jan 2023, 10:00 pm

Rumour on Twitter is that Coady gave Anthony Gordon a slap, and Gordon blubbed that he'd never play for Everton again. There are some who would say that Gordon hasn't played for Everton all season, but that would be harsh on the poor lad.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25858

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 25 Jan 2023, 9:29 am

hairy cataract wrote:Rumour on Twitter is that Coady gave Anthony Gordon a slap, and Gordon blubbed that he'd never play for Everton again.  There are some who would say that Gordon hasn't played for Everton all season, but that would be harsh on the poor lad.
while it's clear that a lot of players would benefit from a slap or two.... it's not really going to help is it Conor ?.... I wonder if he slapped Onana too as both AG & Onana didn't turn up for training yesterday, allegedly

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 25 Jan 2023, 10:49 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Rumour on Twitter is that Coady gave Anthony Gordon a slap, and Gordon blubbed that he'd never play for Everton again.  There are some who would say that Gordon hasn't played for Everton all season, but that would be harsh on the poor lad.
while it's clear that a lot of players would benefit from a slap or two.... it's not really going to help is it Conor ?.... I wonder if he slapped Onana too as both AG & Onana didn't turn up for training yesterday, allegedly

I'm not sure I'd have the stones to slap Onana. He'd be one below Big Dunc on my list of folks not to slap.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 08 Mar 2023, 10:27 am

So, ex Burnley manager Sean Dyche arrives at Everton with Conor Coady an ever-present in the team.  Everton concede an average of one goal per game in his first four games in charge, and then Coady is dropped for the ex Burnley defender Keane.  Everton concede an average of 3 goals per game in the next two games.

Who plays on Saturday?  Does Dyche trust players he's known since they were kids more than he trusts players who aren't known to him?  Is this wise?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 08 Mar 2023, 10:42 am

hairy cataract wrote:So, ex Burnley manager Sean Dyche arrives at Everton with Conor Coady an ever-present in the team.  Everton concede an average of one goal per game in his first four games in charge, and then Coady is dropped for the ex Burnley defender Keane.  Everton concede an average of 3 goals per game in the next two games.

Who plays on Saturday?  Does Dyche trust players he's known since they were kids more than he trusts players who aren't known to him?  Is this wise?

I was low on Coady when we signed him, always thought he was a bit like Keane actually, stretching himself to the absolute limit as a Prem player. Couldn't believe he got in the England squad. I was pleasantly surprised that he was better than I thought when he joined us.

My eldest was a bit higher on Coady when we signed him, "solid" was his general vibe at the time. He's recently been very critical of him. I can tell when my eldest has totally turned against a player because he starts criticising everything about him, from his hair to the way he ties his bootlaces up to his choice of pre-match headphones. He has real Lower Bullens Boo-boy potential, my lad.

My lad watches more games than me (he should be fucking studying as he's supposed to graduate this year but that's another story.) He will generally watch every minute of our games via streams if they're not on the box. So he's in a better position than me to judge Coady's recent form, and he does think he was pretty shit in his last four or five games irrespective of how many goals we conceded. He does bang on a lot about how slow Coady is, my lad.

The trouble is, any question to which the answer is "Michael Keane" is a very grave, serious question indeed. It can only come down to trust and knowledge of the player, as you say. I thought Keane for the Arsenal away game was sensible enough, or at least not completely mad, as that's the kind of game in which Keane does OK in - when we know that we'll be under pressure so we end up defending the width of the penalty area, less space to think about and for him to get exposed by etc. Well 4-0 suggests it didn't work.

Keane has always scared the shit out of me in games that are remotely open, where we are exposed to any kind of counter-attack. I haven't seen enough of him in the recent games to suggest whether he's a better option than Coady.

It's probably Dyche's biggest gamble so far, if he sticks with it. Maybe he thinks Coady is exposed in a flat back four? He played in a three for the most part at Wolves.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 08 Mar 2023, 10:48 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:So, ex Burnley manager Sean Dyche arrives at Everton with Conor Coady an ever-present in the team.  Everton concede an average of one goal per game in his first four games in charge, and then Coady is dropped for the ex Burnley defender Keane.  Everton concede an average of 3 goals per game in the next two games.

I was low on Coady when we signed him, always thought he was a bit like Keane actually, stretching himself to the absolute limit as a Prem player. Couldn't believe he got in the England squad. I was pleasantly surprised that he was better than I thought when he joined us.

My eldest was a bit higher on Coady when we signed him, "solid" was his general vibe at the time. He's recently been very critical of him. I can tell when my eldest has totally turned against a player because he starts criticising everything about him, from his hair to the way he ties his bootlaces up to his choice of pre-match headphones. He has real Lower Bullens Boo-boy potential, my lad.

My lad watches more games than me (he should be fucking studying as he's supposed to graduate this year but that's another story.) He will generally watch every minute of our games via streams if they're not on the box. So he's in a better position than me to judge Coady's recent form, and he does think he was pretty shit in his last four or five games irrespective of how many goals we conceded. He does bang on a lot about how slow Coady is, my lad.

The trouble is, any question to which the answer is "Michael Keane" is a very grave, serious question indeed. It can only come down to trust and knowledge of the player, as you say. I thought Keane for the Arsenal away game was sensible enough, or at least not completely mad, as that's the kind of game in which Keane does OK in - when we know that we'll be under pressure so we end up defending the width of the penalty area, less space to think about and for him to get exposed by etc. Well 4-0 suggests it didn't work.

Keane has always scared the shit out of me in games that are remotely open, where we are exposed to any kind of counter-attack. I haven't seen enough of him in the recent games to suggest whether he's a better option than Coady.

It's probably Dyche's biggest gamble so far, if he sticks with it. Maybe he thinks Coady is exposed in a flat back four? He played in a three for the most part at Wolves.

I did notice Keane trying to play his way out of trouble just outside our box at Forest. He must have missed the team meeting about never, ever doing that while Dyche was in charge.

If Keane is picked and makes one of his regular fuck-ups on Saturday, leading to a defeat, then I do wonder if some fans will start to get arsey with Dyche. It's not like we are a tolerant lot when it comes to our managers.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 08 Mar 2023, 11:49 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

I did notice Keane trying to play his way out of trouble just outside our box at Forest.  He must have missed the team meeting about never, ever doing that while Dyche was in charge.

If Keane is picked and makes one of his regular fuck-ups on Saturday, leading to a defeat, then I do wonder if some fans will start to get arsey with Dyche.  It's not like we are a tolerant lot when it comes to our managers.  

I would just add a couple of things here - 4-0 at Arsenal wasn't great, but then they're top of the league and wanted some revenge and that's the kind of game that can easily get away from you very quickly. United know that better than anyone after that mad game at Anfield.

Second, Brennan Johnson gives me Chris Armstrong vibes - the sort of horrible little mediocre fucker who for some reason will always score against us. I thought this on Sunday at 2-1 and for the life of me I don't know why I didn't stick a fiver on him in-play to get the next goal.

I know this is an overused phrase but Saturday is such a big fucking game for so many different reasons.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 08 Mar 2023, 3:48 pm

I missed the Arsenal game, but when I saw Coady wasn't even on the bench for the Forest game, I assumed he was injured. Now you've given me even more reason to think we are going down. Cheers.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 10 Mar 2023, 8:17 pm

bRING NACK cOADY.
wHERE THE HELL IS mINA?
kEANE OVER mINA. bEHAVE sEAN LAD.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 10 Mar 2023, 8:56 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:bRING NACK cOADY.
wHERE THE HELL IS mINA?

That reads like an anonymous threatening letter mate.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 10 Mar 2023, 10:13 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
wHERE THE HELL IS mINA?

30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue - Page 2 F_laugh
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 11 Mar 2023, 1:46 am

Armchair wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
wHERE THE HELL IS mINA?

30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue - Page 2 F_laugh
Small notes, in a bag at Hunts Cross Station.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 31 May 2023, 9:30 am

Who's buying Coady for £4.5m then? Deadline for his option is today, I believe.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 31 May 2023, 9:37 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Who's buying Coady for £4.5m then? Deadline for his option is today, I believe.
yes, I would

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 31 May 2023, 10:29 am

Deal! You won't get better for that kind of money (unless you're brighton or brentford or some club with half a clue).
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next