606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcelotti v’s Artetas Arseholes

+4
Armchair
hairy cataract
Blue gazza
Lumper
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Announcelotti v’s Artetas Arseholes - Page 4 Empty Re: Announcelotti v’s Artetas Arseholes

Post  Armchair Sat 21 Dec 2019, 4:19 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
I have absolutely no idea why Ancelotti has taken this job though.  I mean, he doesnt need the money, and he could have taken six months off and picked up a CL team to manage anywhere in Europe.  Why come to us with our shite squad?

£9m/year helps. But I'm ok with us paying that sort of dough. We have bought in enough £20-40m players on £5m/year with nothing to show for it because of the second rate managers we have had in charge.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Announcelotti v’s Artetas Arseholes - Page 4 Empty Re: Announcelotti v’s Artetas Arseholes

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 21 Dec 2019, 4:24 pm

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
I have absolutely no idea why Ancelotti has taken this job though.  I mean, he doesnt need the money, and he could have taken six months off and picked up a CL team to manage anywhere in Europe.  Why come to us with our shite squad?

£9m/year helps. But I'm ok with us paying that sort of dough. We have bought in enough £20-40m players on £5m/year with nothing to show for it because of the second rate managers we have had in charge.
i would think that he must have been given very good assuarnces that he will have a whole ton on cash to purchase players in the same quality bracket that he is used to managing... I truly expect an amazing transfer window in January with a few mega stars coming in... and a world class summer with a whole new reshaping of big names & wonderkids.

Number of posts : 40814
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 21 Dec 2019, 4:58 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

i would think that he must have been given very good assuarnces that he will have a whole ton on cash to purchase players in the same quality bracket that he is used to managing... I truly expect an amazing transfer window in January with a few mega stars coming in... and a world class summer with a whole new reshaping of big names & wonderkids.

I wonder if he tried to delay til summer? Taking over a team in our situation is a far cry from what he's used to, so he's going to spend the rest of the season trying to get a tune from a broken violin with half the strings missing. I assume he has a release clause if we go down but, in our current situation, we could probably have done with another couple of months of Big Dunc to scrap our way clear of the bottom three before bringing in a maestro like Ancelotti.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to have him here, but his forte is putting the finishing touches to (and getting the best out of) top quality teams, not coaching a pile of shit to a mid table finish.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 21 Dec 2019, 11:41 pm

I know I have mentioned that he is interested in Bale ...... but on reflection a man even closer to the end of his career that he has managed and would certainly fill a need .... LEWANDOWKSI..... give him the Pre-China package ....

Fixing the defence is a priority but if we are letting in 2-3 a game and scoring 3-5 a game I am not going to complain too much

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sun 22 Dec 2019, 1:51 am

For those asking the question of Ancelotti’s reasoning for joining Everton? 2 reasons ? 1) Ancelotti lost the players at Napoli because he was turning them to play his style of football, which included hard work.2) the second reason is revenge? Ancelotti was offered a project at Everton that will allow him to build his own team at Everton and show those who doubt his qualities.

Welcome to Everton Carlo Ancelotti.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 22 Dec 2019, 12:21 pm

SEFTON wrote:For those asking the question of Ancelotti’s reasoning for joining Everton? 2 reasons ? 1) Ancelotti lost the players at Napoli because he was turning them to play his style of football, which included hard work.2) the second reason is revenge? Ancelotti was offered a project at Everton that will allow him to build his own team at Everton and show those who doubt his qualities.

Did he lose the players at Napoli? I thought he lost his job because he defended the players against the owner?

I don't really buy the second reason either to be honest Sef. I mean, he might want to build his own team - though that's never been his thing before - but I doubt if he wants revenge on anyone, he's won too much to care what others think.

I have no problem with the amount of money he's being paid, and he's clearly a winner at the highest level. I have real doubts about whether he's the man to turn our ragtag bunch of failures into a title-winning team. If he's going to build his own team here, he's doing it from scratch and that will take a couple of years. Does that mean Moshiri is writing off the last few years and starting the project again? We've just had one big clear out, are we going to have another? Has Ancelotti got the stomach for a couple of years of mediocrity while he spends Moshiri's millions on top players and tries to meld them into a team?

Logic would say that Ancelotti is the kind of manager we bring in at a later stage, when we've got a great team and are competing for Top 6 finishes, to finish off the job like Pep did at Citteh. I'm kind of excited about him coming in, but can't help thinking - this is Everton, it's bound to be a disaster Evil or Very Mad

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 23 Dec 2019, 1:27 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:For those asking the question of Ancelotti’s reasoning for joining Everton? 2 reasons ? 1) Ancelotti lost the players at Napoli because he was turning them to play his style of football, which included hard work.2) the second reason is revenge? Ancelotti was offered a project at Everton that will allow him to build his own team at Everton and show those who doubt his qualities.

Did he lose the players at Napoli?  I thought he lost his job because he defended the players against the owner?

I don't really buy the second reason either to be honest Sef.  I mean, he might want to build his own team - though that's never been his thing before - but I doubt if he wants revenge on anyone, he's won too much to care what others think.

I have no problem with the amount of money he's being paid, and he's clearly a winner at the highest level.  I have real doubts about whether he's the man to turn our ragtag bunch of failures into a title-winning team.  If he's going to build his own team here, he's doing it from scratch and that will take a couple of years.  Does that mean Moshiri is writing off the last few years and starting the project again?  We've just had one big clear out, are we going to have another?  Has Ancelotti got the stomach for a couple of years of mediocrity while he spends Moshiri's millions on top players and tries to meld them into a team?

Logic would say that Ancelotti is the kind of manager we bring in at a later stage, when we've got a great team and are competing for Top 6 finishes, to finish off the job like Pep did at Citteh.  I'm kind of excited about him coming in, but can't help thinking - this is Everton, it's bound to be a disaster  Evil or Very Mad

HC, Ancelotti has a good relationship with the owner Napoli (Allegedly) the fans wanted Guttuso to take over, this added pressure on Ancelotti as well as their current league position.
Everton has a lot more money to offer than Napoli, which is one the main reasons Ancelotti came to Everton, not least the money Ancelotti is getting had massive influence.
but? rest assured the type of players In coming will be of better quality.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Mon 23 Dec 2019, 2:39 pm

SEFTON wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Did he lose the players at Napoli?  I thought he lost his job because he defended the players against the owner?

I don't really buy the second reason either to be honest Sef.  I mean, he might want to build his own team - though that's never been his thing before - but I doubt if he wants revenge on anyone, he's won too much to care what others think.

I have no problem with the amount of money he's being paid, and he's clearly a winner at the highest level.  I have real doubts about whether he's the man to turn our ragtag bunch of failures into a title-winning team.  If he's going to build his own team here, he's doing it from scratch and that will take a couple of years.  Does that mean Moshiri is writing off the last few years and starting the project again?  We've just had one big clear out, are we going to have another?  Has Ancelotti got the stomach for a couple of years of mediocrity while he spends Moshiri's millions on top players and tries to meld them into a team?

Logic would say that Ancelotti is the kind of manager we bring in at a later stage, when we've got a great team and are competing for Top 6 finishes, to finish off the job like Pep did at Citteh.  I'm kind of excited about him coming in, but can't help thinking - this is Everton, it's bound to be a disaster  Evil or Very Mad

HC, Ancelotti has a good relationship with the owner Napoli (Allegedly) the fans wanted Guttuso to take over, this added pressure on Ancelotti as well as their current league position.
Everton has a lot more money to offer than Napoli, which is one the main reasons Ancelotti came to Everton, not least the money Ancelotti is getting had massive influence.
but? rest assured the type of players In coming will be of better quality.

The owner of Napoli is a mad man. He was in dispute with Ancelotti, the players and the fans.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum