606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal V Everton

+12
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Gravy & Chips
SouthernSmugToffee
Knight of Thorgothshire
Statman
RhinoJagz
Lumper
Ellcool
Blue gazza
Hinchcliffe Corner
Super
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsenal V Everton - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal V Everton

Post  Armchair Sat 3 Feb - 19:45

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:This could be 7 or 8.
there now... see it wasn't that bad was it Smile

cheers

That's 10 goals we've shipped against Arse this season.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 3 Feb - 20:12

Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:This could be 7 or 8.
there now... see it wasn't that bad was it Smile

cheers

That's 10 goals we've shipped against Arse this season.
we've conceded 45 this season already ... 44 all last season Crying or Very sad

Number of posts : 40813
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 3 Feb - 20:26

Sam's interview on BT Sport is no holds barred!  Fucking hell, he doesn't pull any punches.  Tom Davies will be pleased though, he's the only one he says played well at all.  Tend to agree, Davies did well.

Like he says, doesn't matter what system or what tactics, you play like that you get hammered. Having said that, the five at the back was clearly a mistake in retrospect because, although Swansea did it and got a result against Arsenal, our five at the back are just not up to it, especially if you play a new boy like Mangala.   We looked more comfortable as a four, but it was all over by then.

Three fucking tackles in the first half.  That is a bit pathetic.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 3 Feb - 21:00

As long as we chop and change, make several changes from game to game, we are going to have these results. There is clearly players who see Sam as a stop gap and not playing for him. A back four needs time together to build an understanding. We havent had any consistancy in selection all season nor though it might be a good idea to replace Baines in the window. And wy buy a £27m striker and leave him on the bench for 2 games. Regardles of points or where we finish this season, we are in a desparate place. We need 11 Colemans on the pitch.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 4 Feb - 3:03

Recorded the game today and started watching it in the early afternoon my time. After 6 minutes (when Arsenal scored) I started fast forward through the entire game. I think that sums up my feelings about the game. Arsenal V Everton - Page 4 695251 Arsenal V Everton - Page 4 695251
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sun 4 Feb - 19:23

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Recorded the game today and started watching it in the early afternoon my time. After 6 minutes (when Arsenal scored) I started fast forward through the entire game. I think that sums up my feelings about the game. Arsenal V Everton - Page 4 695251 Arsenal V Everton - Page 4 695251

Lucky sod. We had to watch it live.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 4 Feb - 21:26

hairy cataract wrote:Sam's interview on BT Sport is no holds barred!  Fucking hell, he doesn't pull any punches.  Tom Davies will be pleased though, he's the only one he says played well at all.  Tend to agree, Davies did well.

Like he says, doesn't matter what system or what tactics, you play like that you get hammered. Having said that, the five at the back was clearly a mistake in retrospect because, although Swansea did it and got a result against Arsenal, our five at the back are just not up to it, especially if you play a new boy like Mangala.   We looked more comfortable as a four, but it was all over by then.

Generally very upset at that Press conference/interview. If Alladyce had any nous he would be better advised to say that he has not happy (just that) and then say we will deal with that performance behind closed doors (as professionals generally do). He has thrown a number under the bus in the last few weeks - he has limitations and they are becoming exposed. Will he be here in July I wonder?

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 4 Feb - 22:02

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Sam's interview on BT Sport is no holds barred!  Fucking hell, he doesn't pull any punches.  Tom Davies will be pleased though, he's the only one he says played well at all.  Tend to agree, Davies did well.

Generally very upset at that Press conference/interview. If Alladyce had any nous he would be better advised to say that he has not happy (just that) and then say we will deal with that performance behind closed doors (as professionals generally do). He has thrown a number under the bus in the last few weeks - he has limitations and they are becoming exposed. Will he be here in July I wonder?
Koeman Mk II.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 5 Feb - 9:00

Da Judge wrote:

Totally agree.  He must know that a vociferous element of the fans have been hoping for him to fail spectacularly since he was appointed. For some, short of getting relegated, they would clearly rather see us lose than win under him.  So he needs to show a bit of humility, which he is clearly incapable of doing.  On top of that, how does it help to be so vocal about how shit we were? Surely it can only ruin team spirit? We can all see how terrible the team was on Saturday, it was another dismal performance in a long list of them over the past few seasons.  Of course he's right that all the tactics in the world won't save you if you play like our players did in the first half, but nevertheless it was his tactics and they backfired massively.  If you take the plaudits when you get it right, you have to take the flak when you get it wrong, even if the players have contributed to the fuck up.

I had no issue with his appointment, and I generally enjoy hearing what he has to say, but like our other managers this season he seems incapable of producing anything from this squad.  Unless he goes on a spectacular run, I reckon he'll be gone at the end of the season - hopefully with the rump of this appalling, feeble squad.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 5 Feb - 9:21

hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Totally agree.  He must know that a vociferous element of the fans have been hoping for him to fail spectacularly since he was appointed. For some, short of getting relegated, they would clearly rather see us lose than win under him.  So he needs to show a bit of humility, which he is clearly incapable of doing.  On top of that, how does it help to be so vocal about how shit we were? Surely it can only ruin team spirit? We can all see how terrible the team was on Saturday, it was another dismal performance in a long list of them over the past few seasons.  Of course he's right that all the tactics in the world won't save you if you play like our players did in the first half, but nevertheless it was his tactics and they backfired massively.  If you take the plaudits when you get it right, you have to take the flak when you get it wrong, even if the players have contributed to the fuck up.

I had no issue with his appointment, and I generally enjoy hearing what he has to say, but like our other managers this season he seems incapable of producing anything from this squad.  Unless he goes on a spectacular run, I reckon he'll be gone at the end of the season - hopefully with the rump of this appalling, feeble squad.
additionally the team selection was strange to say the least... he left out Siggy, Rooney, Coleman and Tosun (who he signed to be our new talisman) ... and played 5 in the back with a newbie thrown straingt into the centre back slot... FFS.... maybe selection was the major problem & not player commitment...

...although the players on the park were pretty shit

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 5 Feb - 9:34

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

additionally the team selection was strange to say the least... he left out Siggy, Rooney, Coleman and Tosun (who he signed to be our new talisman) ... and played 5 in the back with a newbie thrown straingt into the centre back slot... FFS.... maybe selection was the major problem & not player commitment...

I dunno, it was fairly clear that he was trying to do exactly what Swansea did, but the way he keeps going on about it is embarrassing.  Yes, we get it, but surely if it was that simple every team would do it against Arsenal?  The Tosun thing is concerning.  Have we failed spectacularly in the transfer market AGAIN?  Remember when we fucked up with Per Koughdrop, and we talked about it for months.  This season we've done a Koughdrop with Klaassen and Sandro so far, and it looks like Tosun too!  Add to that the miserable season Keane is having, and you have to ask how Steve Walsh is managing to keep his job?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 5 Feb - 9:58

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

I dunno, it was fairly clear that he was trying to do exactly what Swansea did, but the way he keeps going on about it is embarrassing.  Yes, we get it, but surely if it was that simple every team would do it against Arsenal?  The Tosun thing is concerning.  Have we failed spectacularly in the transfer market AGAIN?  Remember when we fucked up with Per Koughdrop, and we talked about it for months.  This season we've done a Koughdrop with Klaassen and Sandro so far, and it looks like Tosun too!  Add to that the miserable season Keane is having, and you have to ask how Steve Walsh is managing to keep his job?

Compare Sam's approach to a disappointing performance to that of Bill Belichek (Head Coach of the New England Patriots) after a shock/unexpected loss in the Super Bowl

Bill Belichek wrote: "Obviously we didn't do a good enough job coaching. We missed a lot of opportunities offensively in the first half, didn't play good enough defense, didn't play good enough in the kicking game.

"In the end, we just couldn't quite make enough plays, and that was all on me. Disappointing, but I'm proud of the way our team competed."

By the way both sides played in what was held to be one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever - 1 mistake deep into the last 2 minutes was the difference. Belichek is just about the greatest coach that has coached in the NFL (and I do not support his team) - he is in effect Ferguson/Wenger/Mourinho rolled into one.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 5 Feb - 10:14

They say that teams make their own luck, but we have had at least 2 goals scored against us recently, that have been clearly offside. The one against Spurs was at a crucial time in the game with a marginal offside against Rooney that would have given us the lead.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 5 Feb - 11:10

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:They say that teams make their own luck, but we have had at least 2 goals scored against us recently, that have been clearly offside.  The one against Spurs was at a crucial time in the game with a marginal offside against Rooney that would have given us the lead.

True .. but we have also had at least two soft-fish penalties that got us points.

I am waiting to her if Lamela and Kane are hauled in front of the beak - Lamela particularly looks to have exaggerated just as much as Niasse - in fact you could say that Niasse had more contact ... and as for Dele All - yet another dive and another yellow card which means no action.

Shearer on MOTD has it right..... all incidents need to be reviewed and whether or not you got the pen (and were cautioned or not) you get a ban. That will stop it and it must be evenly applied.

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 5 Feb - 11:39

More I think about it, the worse that interview with Sam was.  Whilst everyone probably gets that Belichek is actually thinking "fucking useless players" about his team, by taking the blame he is supporting his fucking useless players who he knows will need to be ready to play for him again next season.

Sam is panicking a bit, but he must realise that whatever he says the haters are gonna hate. If he'd taken it on the chin, like he should have, and shouldered the blame, the Toffeewebber types would still go "fat fucking fraud shouldn't have made the mistake in the first place, WE told him he was wrong!".  But by blaming the players he also loses the good will of those of us who are prepared to give him a fair chance.

I think he's going to struggle to come back from this.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 5 Feb - 11:59

hairy cataract wrote:More I think about it, the worse that interview with Sam was.  Whilst everyone probably gets that Belichek is actually thinking "fucking useless players" about his team, by taking the blame he is supporting his fucking useless players who he knows will need to be ready to play for him again next season.

Sam is panicking a bit, but he must realise that whatever he says the haters are gonna hate. If he'd taken it on the chin, like he should have, and shouldered the blame, the Toffeewebber types would still go "fat fucking fraud shouldn't have made the mistake in the first place, WE told him he was wrong!".  But by blaming the players he also loses the good will of those of us who are prepared to give him a fair chance.

I think he's going to struggle to come back from this.
I'm not overly worried bout the Toffeeplebs .. it's how the players react hat is key for me..

will they take is a massive kick up the arse & break their balls further for him... or will they shrug & do a Koeman / Bobby Bullshitter on him like Shnideyman & co did ?

If he loses the players he's gone !

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 5 Feb - 12:06

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

I'm reserving judgement on all our players until see them in a team that is playing well. Keane started off well but has lost confidence. Sandro is obviously a good player (but has only played a few minutes here and there and has now been shipped out). Klassen was great for Ajax. Tosun scored for fun in Turkey (I know it's only Turkey but it's not like we can sign the Serie A/La Liga top scorer). They may well all be shite but it's impossible to judge when the whole team is playing so badly.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 5 Feb - 12:15

Da Judge wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:They say that teams make their own luck, but we have had at least 2 goals scored against us recently, that have been clearly offside.  The one against Spurs was at a crucial time in the game with a marginal offside against Rooney that would have given us the lead.

True .. but we have also had at least two soft-fish penalties that got us points.

I am waiting to her if Lamela and Kane are hauled in front of the beak - Lamela particularly looks to have exaggerated just as much as Niasse - in fact you could say that Niasse had more contact ... and as for Dele All - yet another dive and another yellow card which means no action.

Shearer on MOTD has it right..... all incidents need to be reviewed and whether or not you got the pen (and were cautioned or not) you get a ban. That will stop it and it must be evenly applied.

I think the FA are still busy reveiwing the Lallana dive in the cup tie.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Mon 5 Feb - 12:37

How hard is it to just come out and say, "We viewed Swansea's game and tried to emulate that. Unfortunately the players were unable to get that togetherness due to a new player coming in and a right footer playing on the left..."

Sounds a lot better than throwing everyone on the bus and accepting fault for massively changing a side that has just registered its first win in eight games, is it not?

Soft ollies has just watched Swansea work as a tight unit and put Arsenal to the sword, we haven't been a tight unit since Bobby's first season and everyone knows this....well apparently not our manager.

Some solutions are quite easy.

Get a settled centre half pairing in there , stop changing them every other game.

Get a left back in.....oops too late, missed that boat, so the next best option.....put a fucking left back at fucking left back. How many games in Martina going to have to take the brunt of the red faced angry heads for our defeats? he is a fucking right back, not a left back and shouldn't be playing there.

Here's an idea, put the left footed big grock Malangabinga at left back, ala Lescott and see where it takes you, he surely is incapable of being worse that Martina?

Stop fucking tinkering with the team selection every fucking game....

I could go on but I have lost the will to think about us anymore
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Mon 5 Feb - 13:40

I took Sam's point about "it worked for Swansea" but couldn't he anticipate that Arsenal would have been coaching those patterns and how to respond ever since?

The lack of cohesion from all the chopping and changing seems to be the biggest issue on match days, but are they all so equally shite at training that he can't distinguish between them? Worse for me is that he always goes some way towards solving the issue with his subs so why can't he see that in training? Saturday Davies kickstarted us and DCL was a physical presence rather than just an irritant like Oumar.

We've a couple of winnable games coming up so its time to  pick a coherent 11 side and play them for a couple of weeks running.

Pickford
Coleman notWilliams notWilliams Garbutt
Gana
Rooney Davies
Siggy
Theo Tosun Bolassie

Niasse at 60 if we aren't ahead
Morgan for Rooney at 75 if we are
Vlasic reserve winger

Morgan and Gana shouldn't start together. By all means bring Morgan on with a 1-0 lead and 20 to go.  Barton is correct that Gana is undisciplined but I think he's just the man with the bucket trying to keep the Titanic afloat, doing what he can rather than what he should.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 5 Feb - 14:20

mindyerEnvelopeMister? wrote:I took Sam's point about "it worked for Swansea" but couldn't he anticipate that Arsenal would have been coaching those patterns and how to respond ever since?

The lack of cohesion from all the chopping and changing seems to be the biggest issue on match days, but are they all so equally shite at training that he can't distinguish between them? Worse for me is that he always goes some way towards solving the issue with his subs so why can't he see that in training? Saturday Davies kickstarted us and DCL was a physical presence rather than just an irritant like Oumar.

We've a couple of winnable games coming up so its time to  pick a coherent 11 side and play them for a couple of weeks running.

Pickford
Gana
Rooney Davies
Siggy
Theo Tosun Bolassie

Vlasic reserve winger

Morgan and Gana shouldn't start together. By all means bring Morgan on with a 1-0 lead and 20 to go.  Barton is correct that Gana is undisciplined but I think he's just the man with the bucket trying to keep the Titanic afloat, doing what he can rather than what he should.
I like your team... and I particularly like the fact that we should do better than the opposition with 12 players on the park Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 5 Feb - 14:23

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
mindyerEnvelopeMister? wrote:I took Sam's point about "it worked for Swansea" but couldn't he anticipate that Arsenal would have been coaching those patterns and how to respond ever since?

Pickford
Gana
Rooney Davies
Siggy
Theo Tosun Bolassie

Vlasic reserve winger

I like your team... and I particularly like the fact that we should do better than the opposition with 12 players on the park Very Happy

SaveSave
Yeah 12 players is definitely the way to go.  Why didn't that fat fucking fraud think of it?  SACK SAM NOW!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 5 Feb - 14:24

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

I'm reserving judgement on all our players until see them in a team that is playing well. Keane started off well but has lost confidence. Sandro is obviously a good player (but has only played a few minutes here and there and has now been shipped out). Klassen was great for Ajax. Tosun scored for fun in Turkey (I know it's only Turkey but it's not like we can sign the Serie A/La Liga top scorer). They may well all be shite but it's impossible to judge when the whole team is playing so badly.

Hold on, how can you reserve judgement on players when the team is shite if they're the reason the team is shite? scratch
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 5 Feb - 15:07

Da Judge wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Super wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Premier league fixture on Saturday 3rd Feb 2018 at the Emirates Stadium, 17:30 kickoff.  Live on BT Sport 1 / BT Sport 4K UHD

After scoring a brace in his last match at Goodison Park in the win against Leicester, Theo Walcott returns to the Emirates in the blue of Everton to face his ex-team mates at Arsenal.
A positive reception is expected for this return by the Arsenal faithful.

Seamus Coleman made a big impact on his return from a long term injury, forming an effective partnership on the left right flank with Theo Walcott in the win against Leicester.
Loan signing defender Eliaquim Mangala is expected to make his debut on Saturday, possibly from bench, providing another option at left back for manager Sam Allerdyce.

With Baines and McCarthy out with injuries and Funes Mori possibly starting from the bench.

Who the fcuk are Arsenal anyway!

Is there any of the above you would like to revisit and edit? Suspect
I just corrected Allerdyce to Allardyce

OK, but have another look... just saying like...

I'm right with you mate, this needs another look at....

Yeah I hope this doesn't get left as it is.
just which side of the law are you on ?

Just spotted it!  Arsenal V Everton - Page 4 Doh

Consider your wings clipped.

OK so do we have a new manager or what ... my records say that it is a Samuel Allardyce, born 19th October, 1954 who is the current manager of Everton, thank fuck we are not playing to the usual rules... the penalties would be beyond Sefton-esque.... even Sef would be wincing

Oh dear, Da Judge making reference to his harshness of punishments?,sorry Judge ,only thing Sef is wincing at is the Shyte football gravy granules and fat spam serving-up ,it’s Mnday and I’m still pissed off. affraid
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 5 Feb - 15:31

hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Hold on, how can you reserve judgement on players when the team is shite if they're the reason the team is shite? scratch

I don't think the players themselves are shite (in general anyway) - they just have zero confidence at the moment so are playing badly.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next