606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester United v Everton.

+12
Lumper
Yankthattoffee
Armchair
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
The President
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Gravy & Chips
Hinchcliffe Corner
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Manchester United v Everton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Manchester United v Everton.

Post  Armchair Sun 17 Sep 2017, 7:01 pm

Manchester United v Everton. - Page 4 695251
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 17 Sep 2017, 8:30 pm

I've had some time to reflect upon this game, and while I do feel that ultimately Utd deserved to win, the final score was not a fair representation of the game. We looked pretty decent for the middle half of the game, just lacked creativity and sharpness in the final third. I actually feel a bit more positive after the game than what I did before.

The defence looked a bit better than before, but still need to get better to be Premier League class. The midfield looked a bit better as well, especially when Rooney has more of the ball.

Anyway, a tough loss, but I am looking like this game as a step in the right direction.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 17 Sep 2017, 9:06 pm

Lumper wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:The problem, in a nutshell, is that we never look like scoring and we always look like conceding.  

Still, as Jose says, he wouldn't want to have the run of fixtures we've had.  

At least Dublin won again Manchester United v Everton. - Page 4 F_whistl
\

the feckers! Up Mayo!

The Mayo Curse strikes again
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 17 Sep 2017, 9:39 pm

Disappointed in Lukaku's Adebayor moment.
Big fist punch and cupped ear to us poor feckers who went to OT.
I have to say, over all these years, I've never seen United as a class organization.
Lukaku is clearly at home.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 17 Sep 2017, 9:52 pm

Only bright note is at least we dont have a derby anytime soon.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:58 am

KoelJagz wrote:Only bright note is at least we dont have a derby anytime soon.

On an even brighter note, our coming fixtures look easier. When I first saw out first 4 fixtures, I was predicting being bottom with 1 point, so 3rd to bottom with 4 points is a bonus IMO.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 18 Sep 2017, 10:03 am

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:

On an even brighter note, our coming fixtures look easier. When I first saw out first 4 fixtures, I was predicting being bottom with 1 point, so 3rd to bottom with 4 points is a bonus IMO.

I agree to a point (I had us on three points) but the nature of some of those defeats has been really bad. The Atalanta game does nothing to boost morale or optimism, nor does the lack of a striker. That said, the season really starts now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41302168

Ronald Koeman wrote:"We have played Manchester City, United and Chelsea away, plus Tottenham at home. Four title contenders, with the Europa League in between.

"Now we have four games at home in different competitions and we need to win. If you don't win it is better to stop."

Next four games are crucial. With them all being at home, this is the chance to gain momentum, but the knives will be out for him sharpish if the results are not favourable.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 18 Sep 2017, 1:28 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

I agree to a point (I had us on three points) but the nature of some of those defeats has been really bad. The Atalanta game does nothing to boost morale or optimism, nor does the lack of a striker. That said, the season really starts now.

Ronald Koeman wrote:"We have played Manchester City, United and Chelsea away, plus Tottenham at home. Four title contenders, with the Europa League in between.

"Now we have four games at home in different competitions and we need to win. If you don't win it is better to stop."

Next four games are crucial. With them all being at home, this is the chance to gain momentum, but the knives will be out for him sharpish if the results are not favourable.

That's the problem. What happens if we go 1-nil down, especially on Saturday? The crowd will get instantly on the players back, which is of course the worst thing you can do with confidence low. Players of course need to show some fight but so does the crowd.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 18 Sep 2017, 4:47 pm

I'm normally quite a positive person when discussing anything Everton, but? While we are playing seven or eight defensive players and 2 or 3 number tens ,I find it a struggle to see we're we are going to get the goals, I find myself clasping at straws wanting Omar Niassie to be selected on the basis he's a Striker.

I bet Wayne Rooney has a contract which states he has to start every game, his legs have gone along with his passing game,I have yet to be convinced by Sigurdsson ? For me a headless chicken.
Are defence is old and jaded, Baines -Jags-Williams no pace/bad decision making,so a lot for Koeman to do .
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 18 Sep 2017, 5:14 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

Is he saying he'll quit if we don't get the results in the upcoming fixtures?
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 18 Sep 2017, 5:36 pm

just logged in from Spain ... fucking hell...

Manchester United v Everton. - Page 4 695251 Manchester United v Everton. - Page 4 695251 Manchester United v Everton. - Page 4 695251 Manchester United v Everton. - Page 4 695251 Manchester United v Everton. - Page 4 695251

sack that Dutch prick FFS...

booooooooooooooo

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 18 Sep 2017, 6:29 pm

we will win our next game... or maybe the one after that....., or maybe the one after that,

Koeman will turn this around
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Mon 18 Sep 2017, 8:43 pm

I'd volunteer to take on the match thread but fly to NYC at kickoff time and not back in civilisation until 2/10.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 18 Sep 2017, 8:54 pm

sefton wrote:I'm normally quite a positive person when discussing anything Everton, but? While we are playing seven or eight defensive players and 2 or 3 number tens ,I find it a struggle to see we're we are going to get the goals, I find myself clasping at straws wanting Omar Niassie to be selected on the basis he's a Striker.

I bet Wayne Rooney has a contract which states he has to start every game, his legs have gone along with his passing game,I have yet to be convinced by Sigurdsson ? For me a headless chicken.
Are defence is old and jaded, Baines -Jags-Williams no pace/bad decision making,so a lot for Koeman to do .

His passing was sloppy at times but when it works he looks a class above anything else we have.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 18 Sep 2017, 10:04 pm

Statman wrote:
sefton wrote:I'm normally quite a positive person when discussing anything Everton, but? While we are playing seven or eight defensive players and 2 or 3 number tens ,I find it a struggle to see we're we are going to get the goals, I find myself clasping at straws wanting Omar Niassie to be selected on the basis he's a Striker.

His passing was sloppy at times but when it works he looks a class above anything else we have.  
Agree, he's much more composed on the ball and tend to find the time to make a pass instead of either losing possession or just hoofing the ball away. Yes, he has had some bad passes, but that's part of being a footballer where no one is perfect.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 18 Sep 2017, 11:43 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:

Agree, he's much more composed on the ball and tend to find the time to make a pass instead of either losing possession or just hoofing the ball away. Yes, he has had some bad passes, but that's part of being a footballer where no one is perfect.

His pass to Cuco before Cuco crossed back to Rooney that led to him dragging it wide of the post was sublime. It reminded me of what I used to do in my pomp. Very Happy
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 19 Sep 2017, 2:02 am

Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:

His pass to Cuco before Cuco crossed back to Rooney that led to him dragging it wide of the post was sublime. It reminded me of what I used to do in my pomp. Very Happy  
Dragging the shot wide you mean?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 19 Sep 2017, 7:26 am

Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:

Dragging the shot wide you mean?

Drink driving and shagging grannies Very Happy
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4