606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpoo v Everton

+14
The President
Lumper
hairy cataract
Hinchcliffe Corner
Blue gazza
Yankthattoffee
Goodison_Gringo
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SEFTON
Gravy & Chips
Sack the Juggler
Made 4 Gwladys
Da Judge
SouthernSmugToffee
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Liverpoo v Everton - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpoo v Everton

Post  Lumper Sat 1 Apr à 14:17

hairy cataract wrote:It's okay cos Ronald says "I am proud, really proud about the team. Of course we lost but the final result is not reflecting our performance."

He then goes on to call out Klopp for being a crazy fucking clown who never stops shouting and windmilling on the touchline, which is true, but he's off his rocker if he doesn't think some of our tackling was X rated today.

Koemans interview may be the attempt to take the heat off what was a terrible performance by all our players. Either that or he's mental.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6841
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 1 Apr à 14:24

Is this fair?

Where was Romelu Lukaku?

Everton striker Romelu Lukaku has been accused of going missing in the big games, despite being the Premier League's top scorer with 21 goals this season.

The Belgium international may have scored against top-four sides Manchester City and Tottenham during the present campaign, but he gave his critics further fuel after an ineffective display at Anfield.

He did not have his only touch in the Liverpool area until the 70th minute and he also failed to have a shot - on or off target - on the opposition goal.

"On today's showing, what you saw was a striker who didn't do enough to keep himself on the pitch," BBC Sport pundit Jason Roberts told Final Score.

"In these games where you need him to do a little bit more of the dogged work, he didn't offer that to his team. His head went down and that was the story of Everton."
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 1 Apr à 15:07

Where to start on this one? Massively disappointing performance from every single player bar Gueye who I thought did very well. Again.

It sure seems like we have some "big brother" complex when playing the Shite. Their first 2 goals we just kept backing off and backing off and they had plenty of time and space to score. Simply not good enough.

Did we have some half chances? Yes, but in the end, if you want to get anything from a game like this, you have to take these half chances and turn them in to goals.

Barkley was better in the second half, but dear me, he still runs down blind alleys with the ball, and at times lose the ball deep in our half. And that's why he's not playing for England. He also easily could have been sent off for that tackle. Luckily for him, the Shite player was not seriously injured and he only got a yellow.

Calvert-Lewin starting? Again? Why? Apart from that goal against Hull (I think it was), he does extremely little on the pitch to warrant a starting spot. He must be a beast in training and that's why he's starting, but on match day he is totally wank.

We need a proper leader in midfield who can help Barkley out. I am looking more and more positive towards Rooney coming back.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 1 Apr à 15:17

And we can effectively stop talking about a top 6 finish now. If anything, we just might have to watch out for WBA for that 7th spot.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sat 1 Apr à 16:20

hairy cataract wrote:It's okay cos Ronald says "I am proud, really proud about the team. Of course we lost but the final result is not reflecting our performance."

He then goes on to call out Klopp for being a crazy fucking clown who never stops shouting and windmilling on the touchline, which is true, but he's off his rocker if he doesn't think some of our tackling was X rated today.

After what Suarez, McMahon, Kuyt et al have got away with over the years I couldn't give a toss if we had broken the legs of every fucker in their squad.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 1 Apr à 17:52

Nothing new here then. Flat, flat, flat as usual at Anfield. Curious team selection in a way but every player seems affected by flatitis.

Still, Utd only drawing at home to Brom shows there is nothing to fear going there.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 1 Apr à 18:05

KoelJagz wrote:Nothing new here then. Flat, flat, flat as usual at Anfield. Curious team selection in a way but every player seems affected by flatitis.

Still, Utd only drawing at home to Brom shows there is nothing to fear going there.

I hope we attacked United. I can't see WBA catching us (still a 6 point gap + much better goal difference), so we might as well try and end the season on a high by attacking teams. Drop DCL and get Kev and/or Looky running at defences.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sat 1 Apr à 21:21

KoelJagz wrote:Nothing new here then. Flat, flat, flat as usual at Anfield. Curious team selection in a way but every player seems affected by flatitis.

We'll lose this as well. It's what we do.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4