606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton V Liverpool

+17
Made 4 Gwladys
SouthernSmugToffee
The President
Da Judge
Statman
SEFTON
hairy cataract
RhinoJagz
Armchair
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Hinchcliffe Corner
Super
Michael Crosby S74
Sack the Juggler
Blue gazza
Mr_Ben
Barry Horne's Equaliser
21 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Everton V Liverpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Everton V Liverpool

Post  hairy cataract Mon 19 Dec 2016, 10:02 pm

WHy did Koeman throw the young lad on though? The game passed him by, he really wasn't ready for a derby. I would have gone for Mirallas - at least he can usually impose himself on a game for ten or so minutes.

Valencia is not good enough either.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 19 Dec 2016, 10:20 pm

Absolutely gutted,McCarthy Injury changed the game ,weakened more by taking off Valencia for the young lad Calvin Lewis .squad just not good enough again.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 19 Dec 2016, 11:29 pm

I was disappointed but it was just a matter of time before they would eventually score. I guess I "knew" it was coming so I wasn't as arsed I thought I would have been.

The midfield is clearly our biggest problem. The only one who impressed in a very poor side was Gana who might get snapped up by a top club similar to Kante over the summer.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 20 Dec 2016, 12:17 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
The President wrote:For some reason I feel hopeful for this one the closer we get to KO  Everton V Liverpool - Page 6 Confused

That's called "being an Evertonian", I believe.

That's called being perpetually deluded.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 20 Dec 2016, 1:23 am

the view from the posh seats.....

Managed to have a chat with Colin Murray before - during and after..... he probably made the case on the balance of play that they squeezed it although neither goalkeeper (all 3 of them reasonably troubled). Barkley was an orange (red some weeks yellow others).... Murray conformed referee weak and and potentially partial given leniency on Mane diving and going to ground too easily. Surprising that Koeman upset at Coleman running across the field and getting booked - if you do that you will get booked .... Dean even chatted to Baines about it.... however Lovren (as RK said) should also have been booked for the barge and raising hands the difference is that Milner came over and pushed him away from scene as soon as possible....so he was not in Dean's view as stuff boiled.

We can be bitter that the rebound from the post went there and not somewhere else ..... but we had too big a gap between midfield (where we competed well and attack where Rom was a tad too isolated... on other days some of the flicks work our way....). The only real time I was disappointed was in the second half a poor ball midfield was hit straight to Lennon .... the Shoite were advancing as a wave and had he killed the ball more effectively Rom was in a great position to be put in to run on goal.... our technique let us down and hey ho....

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Tue 20 Dec 2016, 6:29 am

I thought it was a scrappy game with a scrappy goal
Boring most of the time
Barks was very very lucky to stay on pitch (when is he going to have a good game again)
Lukaku's first touch is still pants

We just about edged the first half but the second was their's Sad
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 20 Dec 2016, 9:09 am

I had to work & listened to it on the radio & it sounded like we were battered...

..I watched MoTD when I got home & the only thing that really stuck in my mind was the Barkley challenge on Henderson... a fucking disgrace.. not the Everton way.. I'd fine the cunt 4 weeks pay...

..I really dislike Henderson but he is a very lucky boy that he's not spending Christmas in hospital, in plaster

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Tue 20 Dec 2016, 9:19 am

I think the RS just about shaded it, even though they had a lot of possession they didn't really create much. In the end their goal had an element of good fortune, as the rebound off the post fell kindly for them, that came from a miss-hit shot from Sturridge.
It was good to see Barkley getting stuck in and closing down, although he was lucky to be on the pitch after his lunging tackle on Henderson. But it was a battling performance from us.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 20 Dec 2016, 11:50 am

friggin gobshytes coming out of no-where today at work.... especially bloody gobby women Mad

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Tue 20 Dec 2016, 12:48 pm

Switched it off at half time, knew we were not going to get back into it after a promising 25 mins

So glad I didn't renew this season
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 20 Dec 2016, 3:28 pm

Dust has settled now for me after last night.

1) Thought we were OK in the first half.
2) McCarthy going off changed the game. They had lots of space in the second half as we sat back and Barry is yards off the necessary pace.
3) Steklenburg taking ten minutes to come off the pitch cost us a point.
4) Williams isn't good enough, hopefully we buy Van Dijk in the window.
5) Koeman should have brought in Mirallas or Gerry instead of Lewin.
6) Barkley isn't good enough and his behaviour showed a level of immaturity that doesn't belong at Everton. He's had a number of chances now, cash in while we can. I've seen people on Twitter celebrating his tackle on Henderson. I'll file that one under dickheads.
7) Get someone in midfield who can supply Lukaku. Leaving him up front as a target man hasn't worked the last 3 seasons and its not going to start now.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 20 Dec 2016, 6:55 pm

The President wrote:I thought it was a scrappy game with a scrappy goal
Boring most of the time
Barks was very very lucky to stay on pitch (when is he going to have a good game again)
Lukaku's first touch is still pants

We just about edged the first half but the second was their's Sad
Pretty much sums it spot on for me. Boring - I was even checking out new tires for the car during the game.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 21 Dec 2016, 4:48 pm

Lumper wrote:Dust has settled now for me after last night.

1) Thought we were OK in the first half.
2) McCarthy going off changed the game. They had lots of space in the second half as we sat back and Barry is yards off the necessary pace.
3) Steklenburg taking ten minutes to come off the pitch cost us a point.
4) Williams isn't good enough, hopefully we buy Van Dijk in the window.
5) Koeman should have brought in Mirallas or Gerry instead of Lewin.
6) Barkley isn't good enough and his behaviour showed a level of immaturity that doesn't belong at Everton. He's had a number of chances now, cash in while we can. I've seen people on Twitter celebrating his tackle on Henderson. I'll file that one under dickheads.
7) Get someone in midfield who can supply Lukaku. Leaving him up front as a target man hasn't worked the last 3 seasons and its not going to start now.

Fully agree with all that.

Good energy in the first half but the second half performance was dire. We looked shit scared and it was a throwback to so many Derbies of the past.

Steklenburg is a decent shot stopper but it seems that he has at least one mad moment per game which invariably ends up costing us in some way. No reason to come out for that ball. Thankfully he didn't injure Baines as well.

Williams isn't good enough, but I don't think he's any worse than Mori or Jags on current form. I suppose he's more of a stop-gap till we get someone else in or bring a youngster through, i.e. Holgate. A £12m stop-gap mind you.

If I was Mirrallas I'd leave. Though finding a manager that rates him seems to be difficult.

I've run out of patience with Barkley too. Time to cash in. He's clearly talented but he's never going to become the player we hoped. I like him a lot but he just doesn't seem to have that footballing nowse. I guess it's something you can't really teach.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6