606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9 - Dominic Calvert-Lewin - always fucking injured

+12
Helenqu
SEFTON
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
Blue gazza
Yankthattoffee
Da Judge
hairy cataract
Armchair
Super
Hinchcliffe Corner
Michael Crosby S74
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

9 - Dominic Calvert-Lewin - always fucking injured - Page 2 Empty Re: 9 - Dominic Calvert-Lewin - always fucking injured

Post  SEFTON Fri 22 Oct 2021, 1:13 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:If we didn't have Carlo I'd tell Manure to fuck off...

..however imagine what Carlo would buy for 80M given James, Doucoure & Allan collectively cost us less than that ! Very Happy

or... imagine how much he will worth when Carlo has finished developing with him and he is as good as Inzaghi?

This Lasted well. lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

9 - Dominic Calvert-Lewin - always fucking injured - Page 2 Empty Re: 9 - Dominic Calvert-Lewin - always fucking injured

Da Judge wrote:

..however imagine what Carlo would buy for 80M given James, Doucoure & Allan collectively cost us less than that ! Very Happy

or... imagine how much he will worth when Carlo has finished developing with him and he is as good as Inzaghi?

This Lasted well. lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Da Judge wrote:

This Lasted well. lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Da Judge wrote:

This Lasted well. lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Da Judge wrote:

This Lasted well. lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 22 Oct 2021, 11:36 pm

What the......
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 03 Dec 2021, 1:41 am

Arsenal want Everton and England forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 24, to replace French striker Alexandre Lacazette, 30.

Could one blame DCL if he at least entertained the idea of leaving considering the state we are in at the moment?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 23 Jan 2022, 2:10 pm

Eh?

West Ham want to sign Everton and England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, but Everton are asking £60m for the 24-year-old.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Mon 24 Jan 2022, 8:39 am

The way he played on Saturday, looks like a decent price to me! (only kidding, selling him is the last thing we need at the moment).
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 30 Jan 2022, 2:51 pm

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/01/30/frank-lampard-will-block-dominic-calvert-lewin-everton-exit/

Looks like Lampard, assuming he'll sign on to be the manager, will try and build the team around DCL.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 06 Apr 2022, 3:09 am

The Magpies have set out a seven-player transfer wishlist which also includes Everton's England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 25.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 13 May 2022, 5:44 pm

More rumours regarding DCL.

Newcastle will make a summer bid for Everton and England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 25, as a priority target. The Magpies have held a prolonged interest in the player, as have Arsenal.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 16 May 2022, 6:43 pm

I've been a DCL fan so far, but I think we should sell him this summer.

I think he's gone as far as he's going to go. He probably had his best game for us on Sunday since coming back from his injury, but it did mean we played a long ball game all day. He won most of his battles in the air, but that was it, other than that he contributed very little, and should have scored when Richie crossed early in the second half. Instead, he missed it completely, trying to chest it in instead of getting his head or foot on it.

What finished it for me was his reaction to our opening goal. Going to the ref and saying "that was my goal" and giving it the big 'un, when he should have just been happy that the team were one up. He's all front, pretends he cares about Everton but it's all about him. Now that's fine if you work your nuts off like Richarlison, and contribute the way Richie contributes, but DCL doesn't even get his knees dirty.

Also, he's an old fashioned striker, but he doesn't strike enough. I was hoping he'd be our Harry Kane but he simply hasn't developed the way Harry developed. He's not even our Andy fucking Carroll.

So, in summary, fuck him. Sell the fucker to the highest bidder.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 16 May 2022, 7:59 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I've been a DCL fan so far, but I think we should sell him this summer.

I think he's gone as far as he's going to go.  He probably had his best game for us on Sunday since coming back from his injury, but it did mean we played a long ball game all day.  He won most of his battles in the air, but that was it, other than that he contributed very little, and should have scored when Richie crossed early in the second half.  Instead, he missed it completely, trying to chest it in instead of getting his head or foot on it.

What finished it for me was his reaction to our opening goal.  Going to the ref and saying "that was my goal" and giving it the big 'un, when he should have just been happy that the team were one up.  He's all front, pretends he cares about Everton but it's all about him.  Now that's fine if you work your nuts off like Richarlison, and contribute the way Richie contributes, but DCL doesn't even get his knees dirty.

Also, he's an old fashioned striker, but he doesn't strike enough.  I was hoping he'd be our Harry Kane but he simply hasn't developed the way Harry developed.  He's not even our Andy fucking Carroll.

So, in summary, fuck him.  Sell the fucker to the highest bidder.
Agreed. He rarely creates an opportunity for himself. Much more of a Jelavic, one touch player. I recall him having a great half-season and then not much. DCL following that tack. Carlo figured out how to use his strength, but we need more.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 16 May 2022, 10:35 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I've been a DCL fan so far, but I think we should sell him this summer.

I think he's gone as far as he's going to go.  He probably had his best game for us on Sunday since coming back from his injury, but it did mean we played a long ball game all day.  He won most of his battles in the air, but that was it, other than that he contributed very little, and should have scored when Richie crossed early in the second half.  Instead, he missed it completely, trying to chest it in instead of getting his head or foot on it.

What finished it for me was his reaction to our opening goal.  Going to the ref and saying "that was my goal" and giving it the big 'un, when he should have just been happy that the team were one up.  He's all front, pretends he cares about Everton but it's all about him.  Now that's fine if you work your nuts off like Richarlison, and contribute the way Richie contributes, but DCL doesn't even get his knees dirty.

Also, he's an old fashioned striker, but he doesn't strike enough.  I was hoping he'd be our Harry Kane but he simply hasn't developed the way Harry developed.  He's not even our Andy fucking Carroll.

Agreed. He rarely creates an opportunity for himself. Much more of a Jelavic, one touch player. I recall him having a great half-season and then not much. DCL following that tack. Carlo figured out how to use his strength, but we need more.

Yes, I’ve heard other people make the Jelavic comparison too.

Carlo did get the best of him, then Rafa brought in Townsend and Gray just to hurl in crosses for DCL, but I guess with DCL being injured and then Townsend we never found it again t if that worked.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 16 May 2022, 11:18 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Carlo did get the best of him, then Rafa brought in Townsend and Gray just to hurl in crosses for DCL, but I guess with DCL being injured and then Townsend we never found it again t if that worked.

Funnily enough and despite his usual ridiculous workrate, when in possession I thought it was Richarlison who was gloryhunting and only thinking about himself on Sunday. Several times he could have created something dangerous by laying a ball off to a colleague in space, but no, he was trying to be the hero every time. I love his workrate, I love his football when he's got his football head on, but sometimes he just isn't smart enough.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from our highly-paid star players.

Anyway I think we should sell both of them and blow the proceeds on a fuck-off super yacht. Or a massive coke party for the entire fanbase. Let's blow the future of the club on a proper weekender. Any better ideas on a postcard please.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14697
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 17 May 2022, 9:34 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Funnily enough and despite his usual ridiculous workrate, when in possession I thought it was Richarlison who was gloryhunting and only thinking about himself on Sunday. Several times he could have created something dangerous by laying a ball off to a colleague in space, but no, he was trying to be the hero every time. I love his workrate, I love his football when he's got his football head on, but sometimes he just isn't smart enough.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from our highly-paid star players.

Anyway I think we should sell both of them and blow the proceeds on a fuck-off super yacht. Or a massive coke party for the entire fanbase. Let's blow the future of the club on a proper weekender. Any better ideas on a postcard please.

There'll be loads of super yachts going cheap once all the governments realise that the only people willing and able to buy the ones they've nabbed off Putin's pals, are Putin's other pals.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 21 May 2022, 4:01 pm

These are likely rumours that won't go away even he were to sign a 10-year contract with us.

Everton and England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 25, expects to leave the club in the summer, with Arsenal and Newcastle United both interested.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Tue 02 Aug 2022, 10:41 pm

Going to miss the start of the season due to a thigh injury in training. Our brand new sick-note. Ffs
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5532
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 03 Aug 2022, 12:45 am

Made. Of. Glass.

Him and Mina.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 03 Aug 2022, 8:59 am

callmebubbles wrote:Going to miss the start of the season due to a thigh injury in training. Our brand new sick-note. Ffs
oh well we can play our new striker Rondon so no worries

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Wed 03 Aug 2022, 10:05 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:Going to miss the start of the season due to a thigh injury in training. Our brand new sick-note. Ffs

Phew! That's OK then. I was panicking for a bit Smile
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 03 Aug 2022, 10:08 am

callmebubbles wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

No we can't, Rondon is suspended for the first game of the season.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 03 Aug 2022, 10:34 am

Super wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

no worries... we can give Ellis Simms a chance... or did we do something daft like loan him out ... oh well, there's always Moise Kean Rolling Eyes

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Wed 03 Aug 2022, 10:58 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Super wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

no worries... we can give Ellis Simms a chance... or did we do something daft like loan him out ... oh well, there's always Moise Kean Rolling Eyes

At worst we can sign up Big Dunc from the sidelines....er...
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next